Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scan and Go dilemma 19:57 - Jan 19 with 1733 viewsHighjack

Has anybody ever done this at the supermarket? They give you a sort of futuristic scanning device and you scan your own stuff. I tried it for the first time and I thought I’d scanned everything but on checking my receipt it seems I missed quite a few items so I presumably got them for free. Being an honest sort of a chap do I go back in tomorrow and settle up or just let it go?

What would you do fellow Planetswansers?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scan and Go dilemma on 20:06 - Jan 19 with 1399 viewsFireboy2

Missed them!! My @rse
Scan and Go dilemma on 20:15 - Jan 19 with 1371 viewsMrSwerve

Reminds me of the time that I accidentally scanned a swede though instead of a 50 inch tv.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Scan and Go dilemma on 20:22 - Jan 19 with 1352 viewsdickythorpe

The onus is on them Highjack to chase it up....which they won't.
They should have tech that works with all the millions they make.
Scan and Go dilemma on 20:24 - Jan 19 with 1343 viewssainthelens

Put all the items under yer arm whilst just scanning a banana did you?
Scan and Go dilemma on 20:33 - Jan 19 with 1319 viewsjack247

They know that people will miss items. It will be built in to their costings. Still presumably far more cost effective for them than employing people.
Scan and Go dilemma on 21:03 - Jan 19 with 1276 viewsHighjack

Scan and Go dilemma on 20:22 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

The onus is on them Highjack to chase it up....which they won't.
They should have tech that works with all the millions they make.

Fair enough. I’ve never nicked as much as a paper clip, but I’ve saved twenty quid so I’ll be using this excellent feature again.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Scan and Go dilemma on 21:11 - Jan 19 with 1254 viewsjack2jack

Honest mistake, who checks their receipts anyway.
Say fvck all.👍
Scan and Go dilemma on 21:22 - Jan 19 with 1221 viewsFlashberryjack

Being an honest sort of a chap I'd go back in tomorrow and settle up...honesty is the best policy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Scan and Go dilemma on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 1201 viewsbuilthjack

Be prepared for a knock on the door and a few hours in the slammer. Followed by a question and answer session with the local magistrate.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Scan and Go dilemma on 21:36 - Jan 19 with 1190 viewsWarwickHunt

Scan and Go dilemma on 20:24 - Jan 19 by sainthelens

Put all the items under yer arm whilst just scanning a banana did you?

Apparently, even Waitrose shoppers find distinguishing carrots from asparagus difficult at the self check-outs...
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:37]
Scan and Go dilemma on 21:52 - Jan 19 with 1149 viewscontroversial_jack

I try to use the manned checkouts and not the self service ones
Scan and Go dilemma on 21:59 - Jan 19 with 1136 viewsHighjack

Scan and Go dilemma on 21:52 - Jan 19 by controversial_jack

Yeah you don’t save twenty quid that way.

Scan and Go dilemma on 23:05 - Jan 19 with 1073 viewsDJack

Scan and Go dilemma on 20:33 - Jan 19 by jack247

They know that people will miss items. It will be built in to their costings. Still presumably far more cost effective for them than employing people.

Is the correct answer.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Scan and Go dilemma on 00:09 - Jan 20 with 1039 viewsCountyJim

Scan and Go dilemma on 21:52 - Jan 19 by controversial_jack

Me too it's just a way of getting rid of jobs

I was asked last week would I like to use self scan I said I'd rather glue my eye lids together

I want to deal with humans

@keepjobs
Scan and Go dilemma on 00:21 - Jan 20 with 1020 viewsSTID2017

We should all in theory give scan and go & self service a miss - stealing jobs.
Trouble is in some shops you have a long wait to be served while in others at certain times there are no manned tills open.
Interestingly I went to B&Q after the game yesterday and they have done away with self service section, because of people having problems with them and also I was told because of people "forgetting" to pay for some goods

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Scan and Go dilemma on 08:45 - Jan 20 with 892 viewsJohnw102

I use self service in fact last month I won employee of the month!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Scan and Go dilemma on 08:51 - Jan 20 with 884 viewsHighjack

Scan and Go dilemma on 00:09 - Jan 20 by CountyJim

Me too it's just a way of getting rid of jobs

I was asked last week would I like to use self scan I said I'd rather glue my eye lids together

I want to deal with humans

@keepjobs

Well there were about three girls just standing about chatting in the scan and go bit. I’m assuming they were there to monitor the area but they didn’t notice my maiden unintended crime spree. One even broke free of her riveting conversation about “Adam” to come and authorise my beer.

It almost seems like legalised stealing. If I can save twenty quid without knowing, how much to the proper thieves get away with?

Scan and Go dilemma on 08:54 - Jan 20 with 882 viewsWarwickHunt

Scan and Go dilemma on 20:15 - Jan 19 by MrSwerve

Reminds me of the time that I accidentally scanned a swede though instead of a 50 inch tv.

Sven wasn’t happy though.
Scan and Go dilemma on 09:12 - Jan 20 with 855 viewssainthelens

Scan and Go dilemma on 08:51 - Jan 20 by Highjack

Well there were about three girls just standing about chatting in the scan and go bit. I’m assuming they were there to monitor the area but they didn’t notice my maiden unintended crime spree. One even broke free of her riveting conversation about “Adam” to come and authorise my beer.

It almost seems like legalised stealing. If I can save twenty quid without knowing, how much to the proper thieves get away with?

Time for you to come clean pal , you are the one behind the Hatton Garden job. They've never found him.
Scan and Go dilemma on 09:13 - Jan 20 with 855 viewsCatullus

I use it and have had a few freebies...some on purpose! They factor losses in so don't worry.

The system is ripe for abuse though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scan and Go dilemma on 10:22 - Jan 20 with 799 viewsHighjack

Scan and Go dilemma on 09:13 - Jan 20 by Catullus

I use it and have had a few freebies...some on purpose! They factor losses in so don't worry.

The system is ripe for abuse though.

Is this what this nation has become? They expect losses so fill your boots? The nation of Shakespeare, Wren, Drakeford, Churchill, Forsyth, reduced to a band of grubby petty criminals?

£3 billion apparently. You could bribe the DUP for 15 years with that.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/5216851/self-scan-shoppers-supermarkets-stealing-3-billion-year/amp/

Scan and Go dilemma on 10:32 - Jan 20 with 786 viewsCatullus

Scan and Go dilemma on 10:22 - Jan 20 by Highjack

Is this what this nation has become? They expect losses so fill your boots? The nation of Shakespeare, Wren, Drakeford, Churchill, Forsyth, reduced to a band of grubby petty criminals?

£3 billion apparently. You could bribe the DUP for 15 years with that.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/5216851/self-scan-shoppers-supermarkets-stealing-3-billion-year/amp/

Yes it very much has. I don't feel guilty about the occassional freebie because Asda/Walmart has used tech to put people out of work so the big bosses and rich shareholders can get even higher wages and bigger dividends. They didn't do it to improve customer service, keep prices down or look after the workers.

In the same way as paying a tradesman cash in hand enables tax fraud but it doesn't bother me because the corporations manage to avoid billions in tax with the help of governments.

It makes me a hypocrite I guess but if it's good enough for the rich and powerful...

You can take your tongue out of your cheek now btw

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scan and Go dilemma on 12:11 - Jan 20 with 722 viewsHighjack

Scan and Go dilemma on 10:32 - Jan 20 by Catullus

Yes it very much has. I don't feel guilty about the occassional freebie because Asda/Walmart has used tech to put people out of work so the big bosses and rich shareholders can get even higher wages and bigger dividends. They didn't do it to improve customer service, keep prices down or look after the workers.

In the same way as paying a tradesman cash in hand enables tax fraud but it doesn't bother me because the corporations manage to avoid billions in tax with the help of governments.

It makes me a hypocrite I guess but if it's good enough for the rich and powerful...

Is there any difference morally between deliberately not scanning something and just putting it up your jumper and walking out? We’d generally have a dim view of shoplifters and no doubt that costs jobs too.

Scan and Go dilemma on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 688 viewsWarwickHunt

Scan and Go dilemma on 10:32 - Jan 20 by Catullus

Aye aye - Robin Hood's had a shandy.
Scan and Go dilemma on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 684 viewsHighjack

Scan and Go dilemma on 12:56 - Jan 20 by WarwickHunt

Aye aye - Robin Hood's had a shandy.

Prince John expects losses so you can break into his castle and steal his gold and Maid Marian.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024