Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterson 11:05 - Jan 20 with 6217 views34dfgdf54

Loaned out to Utrecht.

Not worked for him here whatsoever.
Peterson on 22:14 - Jan 27 with 1140 viewsjack247

Peterson on 21:48 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

I think we'd be better if he played centre forward. But without him entirely? Maybe.

It's a team game and just because one player is putting up good numbers doesn't mean they're not a net negative to performances. Seemed very much to be the case during Andre's first spell here.

I’d play him in the middle too. I’m not sure if Brewster can play either side, but can’t see it being a big problem for him.

I’d like to see Ayew with Brewster and Routledge either side, the two wide players interchanging with Ayew and Celina at the tip of midfield creating chances for them. Not sure how often we’d get overrun in midfield, but that front 4 would trouble defences if the lads behind them held their own.

I wouldn’t leave Ayew out. Maverick or not,
Peterson on 23:09 - Jan 27 with 1110 viewsjasper_T

Peterson on 22:08 - Jan 27 by jack247

So we’re talking maybe a quarter of a season in the last 10 years or so and it didn’t work as well as cutting inside? A lot of his chances towards the end came from his combination of pace and intelligent movement off the ball and the ability Celina and Grimes had to play him in.

If the initial plan for the season was to play him tight to the touchline, he’d have played on the other side to attack defenders and get crosses in with his stronger foot,

Wales u21s liked to play him out of position like that. Never really worked. Far better holding width on the left and crossing with his "weaker" foot, and having the option to cut in on his right to keep defenders guessing.

Not sure why you're so determined to label him as a narrow player simply because he could cut inside after he received the ball.
Peterson on 23:34 - Jan 27 with 1089 viewsdobjack2

Peterson on 21:48 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

I think we'd be better if he played centre forward. But without him entirely? Maybe.

It's a team game and just because one player is putting up good numbers doesn't mean they're not a net negative to performances. Seemed very much to be the case during Andre's first spell here.

In his first spell Ayew and sigurdsson appeared to be looking to get into the same positions from differing starting points. I thought Michu and Bony had a similar issue in the games they played together. To me Ayew should have licence to play behind a central striker but they are just my opinions, and, like something else, everybody has one.

Can’t fault Ayew’s work rate, attitude and skills however I’m not convinced Cooper knows either his best system or his best team as opposed to his best players.

I just feel that he is trying to shoehorn what he feels are his best players into a starting eleven rather than picking a balanced unit. I appreciate that poor recruitment has left him with an unbalanced squad but it feels that he is trying to replicate something that worked for him in a short term tournament sprint into the championship marathon.

Accordingly his teams feel unbalanced and at times confused. Some games I’m not sure what we are trying to do. Replacing Surridge/ Borja with Brewster should change the way we play and what we ask our wide players to do which involves a lot of training ground work. Early days.

Hopefully he will learn from this season.
Peterson on 06:03 - Jan 28 with 1020 viewsjack247

Peterson on 23:09 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

Wales u21s liked to play him out of position like that. Never really worked. Far better holding width on the left and crossing with his "weaker" foot, and having the option to cut in on his right to keep defenders guessing.

Not sure why you're so determined to label him as a narrow player simply because he could cut inside after he received the ball.

I’m not determined to. I’m just relaying what I saw myself. I’m not criticising him. I can’t see why you’re trying to label him a touch line hugger when he patently wasn’t.

What you’ve described in your first paragraph was the exception, not the rule. He’d pick it up wide on the left and his first instinct would be to run toward goal. Going down the line and fizzing a low cross in was very much plan B.
Peterson on 06:56 - Jan 28 with 992 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Peterson on 22:14 - Jan 27 by jack247

I’d play him in the middle too. I’m not sure if Brewster can play either side, but can’t see it being a big problem for him.

I’d like to see Ayew with Brewster and Routledge either side, the two wide players interchanging with Ayew and Celina at the tip of midfield creating chances for them. Not sure how often we’d get overrun in midfield, but that front 4 would trouble defences if the lads behind them held their own.

I wouldn’t leave Ayew out. Maverick or not,

Klopp would be ecstatic I'm sure if we played the centre forward he was developing out on the wing. If we wanted to loan a winger then perhaps we should have loaned a winger?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Peterson on 07:19 - Jan 28 with 992 viewsjack247

Peterson on 06:56 - Jan 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Klopp would be ecstatic I'm sure if we played the centre forward he was developing out on the wing. If we wanted to loan a winger then perhaps we should have loaned a winger?

He wouldn’t really be a winger would he? He’d be playing the role Ayew does.

As it stands, we’ve got our biggest goal threat playing there. I doubt Klopp would be that bothered. Having a striker that can play the role Salah or Mane role would probably suit him. Brewster isn’t going to oust Firminho. They’d probably be happy if he could cover the front 3
Peterson on 08:42 - Jan 28 with 959 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Peterson on 07:19 - Jan 28 by jack247

He wouldn’t really be a winger would he? He’d be playing the role Ayew does.

As it stands, we’ve got our biggest goal threat playing there. I doubt Klopp would be that bothered. Having a striker that can play the role Salah or Mane role would probably suit him. Brewster isn’t going to oust Firminho. They’d probably be happy if he could cover the front 3

So what’s the point in swapping them?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Peterson on 08:57 - Jan 28 with 946 viewsJinxy

Peterson on 20:33 - Jan 20 by jackrmee

And this time I don't agree haha.
I think starting Brewster is the best thing he could have done. Brewster is going to be class here IMO.

Dammit, thought I had you 100% then! Yes agree he'll be good, especially combining with Gallagher/Celina in my view.

However, I thought it was an opportunity missed, big time, at Cardiff. Personally, I would have held Brewster back, champing at the bit, until 60 odd mins (maybe with a slight tweak in formation Mr Cooper, you know, just to get the opposition thinking...) and then dart around a static, aged and tired Cardiff defense. At least a penalty?!

To have not used any subs, when Cardiff did and their subs combined to what should have been 1-0 to them (don't forget it's how you finish not start re Celina's chance), as well as starting Brewster (with more pressure on him imo) was strange. Cardiff finished better than us, and all our subs were sitting fresh on the bench. But to be fair, Cooper is inexperienced and will hopefully learn. Trouble is, once he does, he'll be offski no doubt!
Login to get fewer ads

Peterson on 09:05 - Jan 28 with 933 viewsjack247

Peterson on 08:42 - Jan 28 by Brynmill_Jack

So what’s the point in swapping them?

To get Ayew on the ball in dangerous areas as much as possible and allow Brewster to play between the centre back and full back where he’d get a bit more space
Peterson on 13:14 - Feb 15 with 728 viewsSwansea93

Another goal the other night.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Peterson on 13:21 - Feb 15 with 698 viewsairedale

Another of our castoffs, Kyle Bartley, just scored a cracker too.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 13:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024