Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship 19:50 - Jan 20 with 5476 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Has me perplexed that we averaged 18,737 last season, but only 16,260 so far this season (-14%). Yet this year we have a much better team and we are currently in a playoff position, where we were smack dab mid table the whole way last season, which was particularly boring.

Only thing I can think of is the possibility that a lot of season ticket holders from 17/18 early renewed for 18/19 before they knew we'd be relegated from the PL. But that can't be the whole cause, is it?

PS - is our away attendance kept track of anywhere?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:01 - Jan 20 with 1210 viewsLeonWasGod

It’s standard Tummer. Happens at every team. The main factor is how long you’re away from the PL for, not how well you play. A good chunk of people just want the glory, and last year we benefited from ST sales when we were still in the PL.

Before we went up to the PL we were averaging 14-15k-ish. That’s our natural level without the PL hanger-oners.

Probably been covered in other replies already.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:08 - Jan 20 with 1200 viewsjackrabbit

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 19:54 - Jan 20 by Jinxy

Many "fans" used the yanks as an excuse to not renew. If you only come to watch other teams, just say so and don't blame other factors eh.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 19:56]

After 7 years in the PL not many people attended matches to ‘see other teams’ but to see those other PL teams beaten by our team. When we dropped out we lost a lot. It was not the same. The Championship was like being given Prosecco when you’d gotten used to Bollinger. I’m lucky that I can see the Swans on their frequent visits to the London area - QPR, Brentford, Fulham and the rest. I’ve been to Swansea once this season and saw us lose to Stoke. It’s a long way to go to view what i saw that day - total crap. Now that we have some useful looking additions to the team I will reconsider. But my seat in the East might have been one of the empty ones for the-past 2 seasons . I doubt I’m the only one.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 21:12]
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:10 - Jan 20 with 1199 viewspencoedjack

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 20:49 - Jan 20 by splJack

If we are still in with a good shout of the playoffs at the end of the season we should get some good crowds.
Our last 5 home games are all against teams likely to have something to play for with decent away followings.

Then we have Reading away last, so could get very interesting...

The Bristol game will be interesting if we both have something to play for.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:24 - Jan 20 with 1171 viewsJinxy

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:08 - Jan 20 by jackrabbit

After 7 years in the PL not many people attended matches to ‘see other teams’ but to see those other PL teams beaten by our team. When we dropped out we lost a lot. It was not the same. The Championship was like being given Prosecco when you’d gotten used to Bollinger. I’m lucky that I can see the Swans on their frequent visits to the London area - QPR, Brentford, Fulham and the rest. I’ve been to Swansea once this season and saw us lose to Stoke. It’s a long way to go to view what i saw that day - total crap. Now that we have some useful looking additions to the team I will reconsider. But my seat in the East might have been one of the empty ones for the-past 2 seasons . I doubt I’m the only one.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 21:12]

But the Bollinger was bitter, in that we lost more than won really. The hope was there though I concede. Around me, many did not renew in their droves because they could not stomach Prosecco. For me, even if we're a cheap wine but good quality, and improving, I'll continue to go to the wine bar! Metaphor flogged to death there.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:33 - Jan 20 with 1160 viewsTenbySwan

I didnt renew this year but that was because i worked out that i did over 3k miles just to get to home games ladt year.! And with midweek games being on the red button have slacked them off.

Just looked at the table as WBA are losing to Stoke 1 0 we are 7 points off 2nd and 8 points off top and with renewed optimism after Saturday's performance i feel we could have increased gates in the run up particularly if we are challenging.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:40 - Jan 20 with 1149 viewsCatullus

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 20:09 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

Not a dig fella just a question.

Although the football is not brilliant enjoying it more than the last 3 seasons in PL.

I'd been enjoying it more since we came down but I didn't trnew this season. Nothing to do with where we are or the quality of football, purely down to health issues, I have been to most home games so far but didn't go for Wigan and won't be going again thi sseason probably.

Don't forget the away end is a lot more empty than when in the EPL. Didn't Wigan only fetch 136?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:42 - Jan 20 with 1148 viewsGeoffThom

I've watched the swans for 50 years and trust me I've seen some dirge
But good footy is good footy and you enjoy your sat
And bad footy is bad and boring
Regardless of our league position the fare served up is bloody boring at present you go down full of hope of an entertaining action packed game and end up watching dirge, sorry but true this year so far
And that's why attendance is down
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:42 - Jan 20 with 1144 viewsjackrabbit

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:24 - Jan 20 by Jinxy

But the Bollinger was bitter, in that we lost more than won really. The hope was there though I concede. Around me, many did not renew in their droves because they could not stomach Prosecco. For me, even if we're a cheap wine but good quality, and improving, I'll continue to go to the wine bar! Metaphor flogged to death there.

Until the yanks arrived, the Bollinger was very palatable. But even the last few years in the PL were enjoyable to me, tinged of course with sadness at what we could have been, and should have been- a solid mid table Premier club. We’d survived our first season, scoffed at ‘second season syndrome’, won the league cup and were establishing ourselves nicely. I’ve been a Swans fan for a long time but those years were the best ever - the Bollinger Years. Now back to the Prosecco. It’s not too bad - I’m enjoying it at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:54 - Jan 20 with 1122 viewsBluebird

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 20:00 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

Those saying the football is dire whilst we sit in a play off position in the 2nd tier were you about when we were in the dungeon divisions?

We have plenty of them to.
I cant imagine them going to games back when the likes of Stockport and Bury were beating us.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 22:34 - Jan 20 with 1059 viewsbuilthjack

Each corner of the ground is empty.
8 home games left.
Do a "Last 8 season ticket" for £80 adults. £50 senior. £40 u21 and full time students. £25 u18.
Put 2000 tickets on sale.
Has to be better than empty seats.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 22:38 - Jan 20 with 1050 viewslonglostjack

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 22:34 - Jan 20 by builthjack

Each corner of the ground is empty.
8 home games left.
Do a "Last 8 season ticket" for £80 adults. £50 senior. £40 u21 and full time students. £25 u18.
Put 2000 tickets on sale.
Has to be better than empty seats.

Give more tickets away to schools if they’re unlikely to be sold anyway.

Edit: Sorry Builth- should have read Page 1 of the thread before posting :-)
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 22:41]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 22:42 - Jan 20 with 1044 viewsbuilthjack

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 22:38 - Jan 20 by longlostjack

Give more tickets away to schools if they’re unlikely to be sold anyway.

Edit: Sorry Builth- should have read Page 1 of the thread before posting :-)
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 22:41]

They seem to like empty seats, as they do fck all about filling them.
One good employee could sort this out if they were left alone to do it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 23:19 - Jan 20 with 999 viewswestside

We have some big home games to come yet that would bump up the average attendances like wba, Leeds, brizzle city
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 23:24 - Jan 20 with 992 viewsjackharris

I haven’t been to the Liberty since the home match v Cardiff, I have been suffering with some eye problems and I have been under the care of the Emergency Eye Clinic at Singleton Hospital. Not much point going when I couldn’t see. I would have been included in the attendance as I am a season ticket holder.

The crowd was always going to be smaller this season after the season ticket holders from the Prem days failed to renew. The likes of my brother and nephew didn’t renew, but they still come down. They are now able to pick and choose the matches suitable for them and my nephew who is 18 and in University, can now go to the matches with his mates and they can all sit together, unlike the prem days!

We haven’t played any of the bigger teams yet at home this season (except the Cardiff Match). We still to play at home...

Derby
Leeds
Sheffield Wednesday
WBA
Bristol City
I reckon Luton will bring a few too...

These so called ‘Bigger games‘ will attract more home fans and of course the away end will be a lot fuller.

The club not operating School schemes this season is a disgrace. That Corners of the ground and that away end on the North Eastern side (when we played the likes of Wigan) could have been filled with children for Schools and football clubs. Swansea is a growing university City and we need to attract more students. We seem to get a few Eastern Asian students coming down this season.

The season just before we went into the prem the club sold corner season tickets for £250 and then £300, these type of offers need to be revisited. Anyway just a few thoughts.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 08:19 - Jan 21 with 911 viewsVetchfielder

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 21:00 - Jan 20 by NotLoyal

9,000?

I've just looked it up. It was actually the home game against Blackburn, not Millwall, - a Wednesday night, not many away supporters, pouring down with rain and it was available on Sky TV.
I don't know whether you were there but I thought it was less than half full. Half the seats of my row of mainly season ticket holders were empty.
I guessed 9000 and the official attendance was given as 14162 - there was laughter when they announced the attendance on the tannoy with, of course, the inevitable "thank you for your fantastic support"

Proud to have been one of the 231

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 08:33 - Jan 21 with 899 viewsBadlands

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 20:09 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

Not a dig fella just a question.

Although the football is not brilliant enjoying it more than the last 3 seasons in PL.

An very large portion of our crowd doesn't agree. Despite another win on Saturday the feeling was one of relief rather than joy at the end go eh game.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 08:39 - Jan 21 with 893 viewssainthelens

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 08:33 - Jan 21 by Badlands

An very large portion of our crowd doesn't agree. Despite another win on Saturday the feeling was one of relief rather than joy at the end go eh game.

So what if it was relief? Yer starting to sound like one of the "entitled ". Ffs enjoy the ride, could be a long time before we get this close again.
I'd also love to see the flowing football, but in a weird way , I'm now enjoying the fact it's gonna be touch n go as to wether we get there.....again!!
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 09:46 - Jan 21 with 852 viewsjohnlangy

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 20:15 - Jan 20 by Jinxy

I enjoy Eastenders more than the last 3 years of the PL.

I know it's been bad but even the worst 4th div Swans team was better to look at than that rubbish.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 10:54 - Jan 21 with 820 viewsBryanSwan

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 20:00 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

Those saying the football is dire whilst we sit in a play off position in the 2nd tier were you about when we were in the dungeon divisions?

There are the players here to play better football, back then we didnt have the players. Even then though i would say some of those games were far more exciting than what is on show now.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 11:53 - Jan 21 with 786 viewswhiterock

Two coaches from Wigan, that's got to be the lowest away support at the Liberty.
I'm expecting the football to improve with the 3 new additions, and MVH and Rodon coming back, we also have the exciting Jordan Garrick almost fit, a player that will get you off the sofa and if he can have a decent second half to the season then we could be looking at promotion plus the clamber for season tickets ;0)
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 14:38 - Jan 21 with 716 viewspencoedjack

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 11:53 - Jan 21 by whiterock

Two coaches from Wigan, that's got to be the lowest away support at the Liberty.
I'm expecting the football to improve with the 3 new additions, and MVH and Rodon coming back, we also have the exciting Jordan Garrick almost fit, a player that will get you off the sofa and if he can have a decent second half to the season then we could be looking at promotion plus the clamber for season tickets ;0)

Id refuse anyone who had a ST in the PL who didn't renew this season from being allowed to purchase a PL ST if we got promoted.

The excuses for not renewing now we are in the championship are pitiful.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 14:44 - Jan 21 with 711 viewsjack247

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 14:38 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

Id refuse anyone who had a ST in the PL who didn't renew this season from being allowed to purchase a PL ST if we got promoted.

There does seem to be a lot of ‘dog ate my homework’ excuses flying around this season. Invariably with the ‘I was there when we were shit though’ caveat.

It’s just a fact if life though, the more successful a team are, the more people will turn up.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 14:44 - Jan 21 with 710 viewsvetchonian

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 14:38 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

They are all boycotting the Yanks innit

IT just shows Penc the "palstics" we attract...but that is the way . As has been said elswhere pre PL at the Liberty we had 14-15K but that was also when we were on the bounce...I guess we now probably have !2-13K "diehards....just wish some some folks were more honest about their reasons for staying away.
I renewed last year and will next week despitew me knowing I will miss many ganes due to them being evening kick offs.....cant always make them...have been tempted to just walk up on the day and save myself a couple of quid but then if we were to be promoted again how do I know some plastic wont take my current seat which is in a great position

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 14:47 - Jan 21 with 707 viewsjack247

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 11:53 - Jan 21 by whiterock

Garrick will be an impact sub at best IMO. Pace like his will terrify fullbacks, but he doesn’t look like he fully understands what he’s supposed to be doing.

In fairness, I’m only judging him on a handful of appearances, so hopefully he proves me wrong.
Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 14:52 - Jan 21 with 693 viewsBryanSwan

Liberty Attendance: the downward two-year trend in the Championship on 14:44 - Jan 21 by vetchonian

They are all boycotting the Yanks innit

IT just shows Penc the "palstics" we attract...but that is the way . As has been said elswhere pre PL at the Liberty we had 14-15K but that was also when we were on the bounce...I guess we now probably have !2-13K "diehards....just wish some some folks were more honest about their reasons for staying away.
I renewed last year and will next week despitew me knowing I will miss many ganes due to them being evening kick offs.....cant always make them...have been tempted to just walk up on the day and save myself a couple of quid but then if we were to be promoted again how do I know some plastic wont take my current seat which is in a great position

Not everyone who didnt renew is a plastic, I didnt bother when it looked likely we would stay up under Carvahal.
Knew i wouldnt be able to make as many games and couldnt afford the £400 at that point.
Should we go up i won't bother getting one, much prefer to try and get a few away trips in and go to home ones i can.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024