Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Plumbers 21:17 - Jan 20 with 965 viewsBLAZE

I'm replacing the radiator in the living room (previous owner fitted fancy bathroom radiators - they look good but barely heat the room)

I've put the room dimensions etc. into an online BTU calculator and it came out recommending 5500 BTU

I've found a radiator online in the size and style I want but it only puts out 5400 BTU... Is that close enough!? I'm not one for having it roasting hot for what it's worth

Thanks
FAO Plumbers on 21:42 - Jan 20 with 931 viewsdickythorpe

Email a plumber on "checkatrade.com"
FAO Plumbers on 22:40 - Jan 20 with 895 viewsbuilthjack

That's fine Blaze

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

FAO Plumbers on 23:18 - Jan 20 with 866 viewsBLAZE

Thank you sirs 👍
FAO Plumbers on 11:47 - Jan 21 with 738 viewsBarrySwan

Can't say that I've ever had any problem with being such a small amount under the calculator where perhaps wall space only allows a slightly smaller radiator than the size that I would have preferred.**

Not knowing which type of radiator you are looking at of course, a double panel radiator with two sets of fins can give you increased BTU's on the same area of wall as a single panel or double panel with one set of fins. Or a slightly taller rad of the same length will give out more BTU's.

*disclaimer*

Assuming of course that you have used the calculator correctly and of course ultimately its your own decision and responsibility.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024