Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread 22:31 - Jan 20 with 40162 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 14:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:27 - Jan 25 with 2583 viewsPentyrchJack

Joe Allen bossed it as he did earlier in the season at the Liberty. He is good example of the type and calibre that we really need if we are to improve and compete. I was at the game and my heart sank when I heard the announcement that Bidwell and Byers were starting - Cooper must be deluded.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:54 - Jan 25 with 2499 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hansen once said you don’t win anything with kids. While he was proven wrong I don’t think a dollop of experience would go amiss in our team . Maybe they could teach the youngsters to be as ruthless as possible

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:24 - Jan 25 with 2428 viewsTNT

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:29 - Jan 25 by sainthelens

Fck it, am off to Thailand with the lads on Monday. I'll bring back some of that Corona that's going about.

It's already here on draught, mun.

Have a good un, YJB!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:57 - Jan 25 with 2357 viewssainthelens

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:24 - Jan 25 by TNT

It's already here on draught, mun.

Have a good un, YJB!

Cheers, jack flags on the balconies at the ready.
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 23:57 - Jan 25 with 2258 viewsDrGonzo

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:16 - Jan 25 by Fireboy2

Yeah happy clappers.

That's a broad statement. What makes you right?
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 00:10 - Jan 26 with 2245 viewsDrGonzo

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 23:57 - Jan 25 by DrGonzo

That's a broad statement. What makes you right?

Anyone who wishes to take a crap on an athletes achievement.
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 01:07 - Jan 26 with 2194 viewstheloneranger

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:29 - Jan 25 by sainthelens

Fck it, am off to Thailand with the lads on Monday. I'll bring back some of that Corona that's going about.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 02:31 - Jan 26 with 2153 viewsdameedna

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:51 - Jan 25 by Thornburyswan

Correct - that’s the double vs Stoke, mid-table mediocrity beckons - someone give me a nudge in May, might do the Reading away match to wave off our loanees.

Mid Table Mediocrity beckons. Stoke would be proud of that achievement if they can get there. Trap Door Hovering Above League 1 is for Stoke this season.

Play Offs and a day out at Wembley is the future for our season.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:25 - Jan 26 with 1947 views34dfgdf54

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 02:31 - Jan 26 by dameedna

Mid Table Mediocrity beckons. Stoke would be proud of that achievement if they can get there. Trap Door Hovering Above League 1 is for Stoke this season.

Play Offs and a day out at Wembley is the future for our season.

I know they say the league never lies, but they beat us 9 times out of 10, better all round the park. Something must have gone seriously wrong there at the start of season.

Literally zero chance of relegation unfortunately.
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:34 - Jan 26 with 1864 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:27 - Jan 25 by PentyrchJack

Joe Allen bossed it as he did earlier in the season at the Liberty. He is good example of the type and calibre that we really need if we are to improve and compete. I was at the game and my heart sank when I heard the announcement that Bidwell and Byers were starting - Cooper must be deluded.

Allen was being spoken about for West ham yesterday, 8 million.
we would explode if we paid that much for a player. Let alone his wages. Coming back is never going to happen.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:22 - Jan 26 with 1792 viewskarnataka

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:34 - Jan 26 by NotLoyal

Allen was being spoken about for West ham yesterday, 8 million.
we would explode if we paid that much for a player. Let alone his wages. Coming back is never going to happen.

We had the chance. It came, it went.
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:18 - Jan 26 with 1642 viewsTimTtam

This individual result isn't the worst (I predicted a 1-0 loss), but it's the fact we can't consistently beat teams at our level. I'm only confident of a win in 1/17 of our remaining fixtures (Luton at home).

Scrapping points isn't going to get us into the playoffs. Now that Cooper has the players he wants, he needs to develop the passing game he keeps talking about. At our best, we will comfortably make it, but we haven't played at our best since Charlton (1st half only). And we have to go all the way back to the derby to find a complete performance.

We need a circuit breaker. A 3-0 win or better, and it needs to come soon. We only have one 3-0 win all season, and just two wins by 2 in the league.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:35 - Jan 27 with 1477 viewsOneill_77

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:14 - Jan 25 by longlostjack

Thought we played well for most of the game but no cutting edge. Credit to Stoke - they don’t make it easy. All this anti-Cooper shit is starting to get on my tit. What would the clever posters have done differently today if they were the manager?

This.
The level of optimism going into this game was a breath of fresh air, on and off the pitch.
The level of optimism in the usually gloomy match-day thread was also encouraging, even when the going got tougher in the second half.
Much of the criticism appeared post match. Little of it constructive, even with the benefit of hindsight.
Imagine the challenge of sustaining such a bright and dominant first 20 mins, with a rookie manager and largely rookie team against a streetwise resurgent Stoke and their wily old manager.
Another big lesson learnt, for all.
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:55 - Jan 27 with 1454 viewsandypitt56

How did the new CB guehi get on? I know we conceded 2 goals but was it a good showing on a difficult day?
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:13 - Jan 27 with 1443 viewsBadlands

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:18 - Jan 26 by TimTtam

This individual result isn't the worst (I predicted a 1-0 loss), but it's the fact we can't consistently beat teams at our level. I'm only confident of a win in 1/17 of our remaining fixtures (Luton at home).

Scrapping points isn't going to get us into the playoffs. Now that Cooper has the players he wants, he needs to develop the passing game he keeps talking about. At our best, we will comfortably make it, but we haven't played at our best since Charlton (1st half only). And we have to go all the way back to the derby to find a complete performance.

We need a circuit breaker. A 3-0 win or better, and it needs to come soon. We only have one 3-0 win all season, and just two wins by 2 in the league.

Won't happen with Cooper's choice of players and tactics.
He has systematically failed to get the best from players let alone improve them and is relying heavily on players coming in short term to benefit from their coaching elsewhere.
He's made a decent to good squad worse and the kicker on loans is they have to play.
Surridge was no better than Borja, (IMO but not a shared one ) Woodman is no better than Nordfelt - just different but even his strengths have diminished (decisiveness and distribution),
If Horn, Rodon, Cabango and Wilmot stay why add another CB?
Gallagher might fill a gap but is he better than players we already have had they been played in. their favoured positions?
Brewster for Surridge but again are either going o score more than Borja had he been given the service he had in the early part of the season?
No idea what Kalulu will bring but will it be more ha Peterson, Garrick, Rouledge or Dyer especially if Celina and Ayew are being chosen to play as wingers?
Oneill_77 talks of optimism gong into the Stoke game! Have done no more ha scrap and scrape points from teams in recent weeks I sense no optimism just the usual hope and blind faith.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:03 - Jan 27 with 1416 viewsPrettyvisitor

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:13 - Jan 27 by Badlands

Won't happen with Cooper's choice of players and tactics.
He has systematically failed to get the best from players let alone improve them and is relying heavily on players coming in short term to benefit from their coaching elsewhere.
He's made a decent to good squad worse and the kicker on loans is they have to play.
Surridge was no better than Borja, (IMO but not a shared one ) Woodman is no better than Nordfelt - just different but even his strengths have diminished (decisiveness and distribution),
If Horn, Rodon, Cabango and Wilmot stay why add another CB?
Gallagher might fill a gap but is he better than players we already have had they been played in. their favoured positions?
Brewster for Surridge but again are either going o score more than Borja had he been given the service he had in the early part of the season?
No idea what Kalulu will bring but will it be more ha Peterson, Garrick, Rouledge or Dyer especially if Celina and Ayew are being chosen to play as wingers?
Oneill_77 talks of optimism gong into the Stoke game! Have done no more ha scrap and scrape points from teams in recent weeks I sense no optimism just the usual hope and blind faith.

Sorry but gallagher is streets above anybody we have in CM apart from possibly Grimes, but Grimes isn't going to get you 10 goals or so in a season.
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 27 with 1343 viewsploppy

The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:03 - Jan 27 by Prettyvisitor

Sorry but gallagher is streets above anybody we have in CM apart from possibly Grimes, but Grimes isn't going to get you 10 goals or so in a season.

And Gallagher is a genuine box-to-box midfielder - none of the others are. While we're on the subject of Grimes scoring goals, is he ever going to score from a free-kick? He insists on taking them all, so all I can think of is that he bangs them in in training.
The Official Stoke City FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:43 - Jan 27 with 1283 viewsBluebird

How come you took such a small following to stoke? Were the ticket prices steep?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024