Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy 13:00 - Jan 24 with 1385 viewsSonicBoom

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/24/southampton-alex-mccarthy-engla
McCarthy on 14:19 - Jan 24 with 1304 viewssaintmary5

Good article on Alex.
Alex was made first team goalkeeper after Forster lost confidence and continuously made silly errors. He should have been brought back much earlier during Gunn’s duration but because of Ralph’s preference for younger players was overlooked again. Alex McCarthy is a very good fit for Southampton and should continue to be first choice.
If our backs played well more consistently then I think Southgate would consider him, unfortunately for Alex, Southgate is another one who prefers younger players.

Having said that think Ralph is starting to move away from giving ultimate preference to younger players.
McCarthy on 15:23 - Jan 26 with 1012 viewsdarthvader

McCarthy on 14:19 - Jan 24 by saintmary5

Good article on Alex.
Alex was made first team goalkeeper after Forster lost confidence and continuously made silly errors. He should have been brought back much earlier during Gunn’s duration but because of Ralph’s preference for younger players was overlooked again. Alex McCarthy is a very good fit for Southampton and should continue to be first choice.
If our backs played well more consistently then I think Southgate would consider him, unfortunately for Alex, Southgate is another one who prefers younger players.

Having said that think Ralph is starting to move away from giving ultimate preference to younger players.

The goal by son ... I think McCarthy would have just saved that.
I know Gunn did make some other saves too so is no reflexion on him but that goal , I think Alex would have saved it. Imo.

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024