Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crap 17:16 - Jan 25 with 5005 viewsGeoffThom

Its crap we are a poor side punching above our weight at present and cooper does not inspire me at all
Crap on 20:15 - Jan 25 with 1255 viewsjackrabbit

Crap on 20:05 - Jan 25 by jasper_T

Gallagher was at Charlton, let's not pretend we can't get PL youth players to come here without super Cooper at the helm. PL clubs are desperate for development loans and we had a decent (not great) one come here last season as well.

Charlton’s a lot closer to Chelsea than Swansea is.
Crap on 20:15 - Jan 25 with 1255 viewslonglostjack

Crap on 18:43 - Jan 25 by blackpooljack

Thats a pointless statement its should be Cooper looking at himself and saying " I need to do things differently " we need to grab these teams ( oppos ) by the neck straight from KO and don't let up until we are two goals to the good. We have had no more than half a dozen really good performances this season.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 18:44]

Yeah it would be nice. Baggies fans thought the same on Monday too I bet.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Crap on 20:20 - Jan 25 with 1228 viewsmonmouth

Crap on 19:21 - Jan 25 by Flashberryjack

Just checked.
Possession, Stoke 37%. Swans 63%
Shots at goal. Stoke 16. Swans 11.
On target 5. Swans 3
Corners, Stoke 1 Swans 11
Fouls committed. Stoke 11 Swans 7.
Final Score Stoke 2 Swans 0.
I know statistics aren't everything, but how the hell did we manage to lose this one.

40% of their shots on target went in. And they had nearly 50% more shots than us in total.

100% of our shots hardly caused their Goalie to move.

We had less shots on target so would have needed 67% of ours to go in to draw. Unlikelyseeing as we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, and often don't bother to try. Much better to pass it to the wing and go nowhere than actually take responsibility to try and, you know, score.

Don't shoot on target. Don't score.

Stats eh.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Crap on 20:21 - Jan 25 with 1225 viewsjackrmee

Crap on 20:02 - Jan 25 by pembsjack

Youth tournament football is no comparison to the championship. Hes up against proven managers from this level and above, hes ok and nothing more.

But he's young.
And he'll learn.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Crap on 20:26 - Jan 25 with 1212 viewsGeoffThom

A good manager would get a far better tune out of this squad than cooper at present
Crap on 20:30 - Jan 25 with 1198 viewsFlashberryjack

Everytime Cooper does his air punching I can't get this out of my mind.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Crap on 20:32 - Jan 25 with 1191 viewslegoman

Crap on 19:21 - Jan 25 by Flashberryjack

Just checked.
Possession, Stoke 37%. Swans 63%
Shots at goal. Stoke 16. Swans 11.
On target 5. Swans 3
Corners, Stoke 1 Swans 11
Fouls committed. Stoke 11 Swans 7.
Final Score Stoke 2 Swans 0.
I know statistics aren't everything, but how the hell did we manage to lose this one.

Possession: far too much passing across our defence 10 yards inside our own half. Any bunch of half-bakes can do that
Shots on goal: see Possession. Can't shoot from our own half
Corners: generally poor and are either too long or don't beat the first man or are poorly executed short "training ground" routines

The lack of urgency and Coopers inability to think on the hoof rather than execute what often appears to be a pre-match substitute strategy are things that really yank my chain.

And don't get me started on throw-ins. What do they do in training? Play gin rummy?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Crap on 20:32 - Jan 25 with 1191 viewsmonmouth

Crap on 20:30 - Jan 25 by Flashberryjack

Everytime Cooper does his air punching I can't get this out of my mind.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Crap on 20:38 - Jan 25 with 1176 viewsjackrmee

Crap on 20:02 - Jan 25 by jackrabbit

Because they’re only here because Cooper managed them previously in the U17s, (aided and abetted by Birch’s relationship with Chelsea.)

I suppose to be realistic, that now they’re here they’d probably stay here for this season, but I doubt they’d be here in the first place if not for the Cooper connection.

That’s the conundrum, fairly underwhelming manager but with a good contacts list.

But he's an absolute novice. So are half the players.
Surely, novices get better as time goes on as they learn about how to do stuff at the new level.

I really like Cooper and I definitely want him to stay, but I can see he isn't the best manager. Who is in their first ever job though?
He's not a good manager yet, and he still has us in touching point of a play off spot. Surely it can only get better, football wise? If that's the case then we can easily get in the playoffs. If not this year, then next. Or the one after.

My point is. We knew what we were getting when we appointed him. Why complain now, when we are doing much better than expected? Doesn't make sense! We should be praising him for it mun.
If he's managed to get us to where we are with no tactical sense, he must be shit hot with the other stuff behind the scenes. All his ex players love him.
When he starts learning better tactics that work at this level, we will be unstoppable!!

*I always go one step to far maybe, but you get my drift...
let's help him and the players get better. Lets show them that we trust that they can beat anyone in this league (which we all know they can) and get us promoted (which for some reason, people are losing faith in). Even if you don't trust it, or believe it, can't you just try and make them think you do? Just pretend mun. Confidence is everything. They ALL need to know we believe they can do it. How can it be good for Cooper if he thinks that the fans don't think he's good enough? It all filters down. Negativity.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Crap on 20:42 - Jan 25 with 1170 viewsjackrmee

Crap on 20:05 - Jan 25 by jasper_T

Gallagher was at Charlton, let's not pretend we can't get PL youth players to come here without super Cooper at the helm. PL clubs are desperate for development loans and we had a decent (not great) one come here last season as well.

Aye, but they recalled him from Charlton, especially to come to us. That says something.

Crap on 20:43 - Jan 25 with 1166 viewsjackrmee

Crap on 20:20 - Jan 25 by monmouth

40% of their shots on target went in. And they had nearly 50% more shots than us in total.

100% of our shots hardly caused their Goalie to move.

We had less shots on target so would have needed 67% of ours to go in to draw. Unlikelyseeing as we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, and often don't bother to try. Much better to pass it to the wing and go nowhere than actually take responsibility to try and, you know, score.

Don't shoot on target. Don't score.

Stats eh.

I didn't see this game, but sounds like it's our shooting that's the issue and not our overall play, or tactics?

Crap on 20:50 - Jan 25 with 1158 viewsNotLoyal

Crap on 20:43 - Jan 25 by jackrmee

I didn't see this game, but sounds like it's our shooting that's the issue and not our overall play, or tactics?

The biggest problem today was ayew doing too much and failing to pass forwards when it was on.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Crap on 21:03 - Jan 25 with 1139 viewspembsjack

Crap on 20:21 - Jan 25 by jackrmee

But he's young.
And he'll learn.

And while he's learning the squad and club deteriorates, this season can be a great chance to get back to the PL.
Crap on 21:13 - Jan 25 with 1116 viewsPentyrchJack

Crap on 18:24 - Jan 25 by longlostjack

What would you have done differently today?

Drop Byers

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Crap on 21:17 - Jan 25 with 1109 viewsjackrmee

Crap on 21:03 - Jan 25 by pembsjack

And while he's learning the squad and club deteriorates, this season can be a great chance to get back to the PL.

I think our players learning and improving is the opposite to deteriorating.

Crap on 21:29 - Jan 25 with 1090 viewsTNT

Crap on 17:44 - Jan 25 by WAFU

COOPER OUT

Far cough scummer.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Crap on 21:51 - Jan 25 with 1037 viewsjasper_T

Crap on 20:42 - Jan 25 by jackrmee

Aye, but they recalled him from Charlton, especially to come to us. That says something.

That's not how Cooper says it happened. Credits our people being quick on the draw when we found out he was being recalled.

Maybe you're right, though. I've been burned before trusting a manager at their word.
Crap on 21:53 - Jan 25 with 1030 viewsjackrmee

Crap on 21:51 - Jan 25 by jasper_T

That's not how Cooper says it happened. Credits our people being quick on the draw when we found out he was being recalled.

Maybe you're right, though. I've been burned before trusting a manager at their word.

Yep...and maybe you're right.
I just hope it's me haha

Crap on 22:27 - Jan 25 with 994 viewspembsjack

Crap on 21:17 - Jan 25 by jackrmee

I think our players learning and improving is the opposite to deteriorating.

You honestly think our players have improved???
Crap on 23:09 - Jan 25 with 954 viewsWAFU

Maybe it’s time for BIG SAM
Crap on 23:32 - Jan 25 with 932 viewsthornabyswan

Crap on 23:09 - Jan 25 by WAFU

Maybe it’s time for BIG SAM

Plays to much football for Scumdiff.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Crap on 04:11 - Jan 26 with 842 viewsjackrmee

Crap on 22:27 - Jan 25 by pembsjack

You honestly think our players have improved???

Got to look at the big picture. I'll judge whether they have improved a year from now. Maybe. We are only getting a first look at many of them. Different tactics. Different training techniques and formations. Getting used to the new backroom team. It's difficult for all players. Yet they're still doing OK.

4 points vs the scum and still in with a shot of the playoffs, that's enough for me, first season and all that.

Crap on 05:33 - Jan 26 with 833 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Crap on 21:13 - Jan 25 by PentyrchJack

Drop Byers

To me his favoritism regarding a clearly unworthy Byers is his biggest weak spot . If most of us can see he isn’t contributing anything (to the extent sometimes that it’s like starting with 10 men) why the hell cant he??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Crap on 08:53 - Jan 26 with 775 viewsThornburyswan

Crap on 20:38 - Jan 25 by jackrmee

But he's an absolute novice. So are half the players.
Surely, novices get better as time goes on as they learn about how to do stuff at the new level.

I really like Cooper and I definitely want him to stay, but I can see he isn't the best manager. Who is in their first ever job though?
He's not a good manager yet, and he still has us in touching point of a play off spot. Surely it can only get better, football wise? If that's the case then we can easily get in the playoffs. If not this year, then next. Or the one after.

My point is. We knew what we were getting when we appointed him. Why complain now, when we are doing much better than expected? Doesn't make sense! We should be praising him for it mun.
If he's managed to get us to where we are with no tactical sense, he must be shit hot with the other stuff behind the scenes. All his ex players love him.
When he starts learning better tactics that work at this level, we will be unstoppable!!

*I always go one step to far maybe, but you get my drift...
let's help him and the players get better. Lets show them that we trust that they can beat anyone in this league (which we all know they can) and get us promoted (which for some reason, people are losing faith in). Even if you don't trust it, or believe it, can't you just try and make them think you do? Just pretend mun. Confidence is everything. They ALL need to know we believe they can do it. How can it be good for Cooper if he thinks that the fans don't think he's good enough? It all filters down. Negativity.

Decent review that & broadly where I am - Cooper is progressing, slower than I’d like but there are some green shoots. He clearly has useful contacts with his previous England kids & appears to have a solid rep with some of the biggest clubs.

Our squad is solid - for me not as strong as some in here believe - but lacks a decent left back, dominant central midfielder & pace up top or out wide. Whilst this is a strange league & anyone can beat anyone else mid-table is about right for us.

Key summer period ahead when at least 6/7 first teamers will likely exit plus our 6 loanees, so big turnover in players. I would expect us to be fully utilising the loan market again next season.
Crap on 12:40 - Jan 26 with 703 viewsCatullus

Crap on 21:51 - Jan 25 by jasper_T

I think I've read that Chelsea wanted him at a team not fighting relegation, not specifically us but someone in the top 10.

Can't we accept that we haven't got a great team? There are definite weaknesses ( eg the lack of desire to shoot at every opportunity ) and I'm not keen on Byers either, he passes to the oppo as often as to a team mate.

The stats show up something though, 63% possession, haven't we been here before? Under Rodgers weren't we accused of passing for the sake of passing? One pundit saying that us having made 600 passes in a match not counting for much when most of them were across the back line in our own half. Where was our ambition, where was the desire to score?

What was the point in loaning Brewster if we aren't goiung to try those risky passes to get him in on goal? We simply cannot play it safe every week. It's negative, boring and in this division we are always vulnerable to a set piece goal from the many teams who have bigger, stronger players.
We are a better footballing team than most but it's fairly pointless being pretty if you can't score. Of course there's been several home games when we were anything but pretty, we have been clueless in fact. Like Stoke at home when we gave Allen the freedom of the city and he ran the show.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024