Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another music shop gone 22:03 - Jan 26 with 2689 viewsEbo

Gamlins in Cardiff is closing down. There will now be only one major music store in the city (Professional Music Tech) as Cranes are long gone from Cardiff and Swansea. Sad state of affairs where in the two biggest cities of Wales there is only one big music shop between the 2.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Another music shop gone on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 371 viewsEbo

Another music shop gone on 14:27 - Jan 27 by icecoldjack

Totally agree. Meat and drink etc, but the mark up on a pack of slinkies isn't quite the same as a top end Guitar or Amp.

And if you like to try before you buy, as most of course would, then out of a stock of 5 top end Strats, you may just decide none of them suit you, so no sale .

It's the reason why these places have gone to wall, that and the fact the internet has made it an easier choice. There are plenty of musicians who go into a shop try out a guitar for size and then just order it online because it's cheaper.

Personally, once I found a set up I liked I just gigged it, and got used to its niggles, every venue is different anyway .

Think we had about 4/5 music shops in swansea at one time, could be wrong . John Ham,picton music,gwent music and roland with music station later on .

Think wizzy is still doing something in high street arcade perhaps?

Gwent music still exists in Cardiff (I think). When I walked past last time is was full of cheaper lower end gear.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Another music shop gone on 15:15 - Jan 27 with 354 viewsProfessor

Another music shop gone on 13:05 - Jan 27 by icecoldjack

Do you buy new gear every 6 months ?

Guitars ,amps etc.

Prick.

And you answered your own idiotic post quite clearly “ quality second hand and vintage”

I don’t know anyone who buys themselves a new strat or Gibson often, and a music store will not keep changing out stock to please potential buyers, kit sits on the wall for fookin’ ages, after every muso in South Wales has played it pretended to be interested and then fooked off to the free ads or as it’s now called, the internet.

I think that's the case- I tried out various Squiers in Dawsons and Rimmers in Liverpool (and a lovely Gretsch Streamliner). Was torn between a Mustang, Starcaster and Jaguar. In the end bought the Mustang from GAK online as 35 quid cheaper than Dawsons. Also got a cheap Ibanez Electro Acoustic which was 50 quid cheaper from Bax in the Netherlands. Seems to be heading for a few big players who are mainly online. Just going to be harder to try before buying
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024