Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was in the city centre today 19:51 - Jan 27 with 6369 viewsProfessor

My daughter had an interview in the University today so I walked into town. Not been in the centre for a few years and must admit was pleasantly surprised-clear improvements over the last couple of years. Had a breakfast in the Kardomah for nostalgic reasons-not changed from when my grandmother took more there in the 70s. The Market is still a gem. All rounded off with a Joe's ice cream with my daughter. Wish I could say something profound-had a nice chat about the vetch with a lady in one of the bakeries. Easy to forget how much the Swans mean to the town
Was in the city centre today on 13:45 - Jan 28 with 1557 viewsjack247

Was in the city centre today on 12:06 - Jan 28 by SPboy

They’ll be digging the Kingsway up within two years, the road lanes are too narrow. You heard it here first. It’s what Town Planning dept does in Swansea

Agree with this. It’s starting to look really good, they’ve overdone the pavement though and consequently the road is narrower than it should be.
Was in the city centre today on 14:05 - Jan 28 with 1541 viewsSwanjaxs

Was in the city centre today on 22:40 - Jan 27 by Banosswan

Southampton is too flat.

Spent a couple days in Southampton last summer.

Nice new complex down by the port, bit like Cardiff bay.

Was gobsmacked at the amount of rough sleepers, every other doorway in the centre.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Was in the city centre today on 18:07 - Jan 28 with 1439 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Was in the city centre today on 12:06 - Jan 28 by SPboy

They’ll be digging the Kingsway up within two years, the road lanes are too narrow. You heard it here first. It’s what Town Planning dept does in Swansea

I’ve had no problem with driving down the kingsway the way it is at the moment
I’d leave the current traffic flow as it is

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Was in the city centre today on 22:23 - Jan 28 with 1367 viewsexhmrc1

Nice to hear a positive thread about the city unlike the never ending slagging off from another in the Wirral. Certainly the main part of the city centre Quadrant, Market and Oxford Street dont have many empty units. 2 small ones on the edge of the quadrant and 4 smallish ones on Oxford Street. Difficult to let I suspect due to size. I hope all went well with your daughter at the university. What does she intend studying.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:26]
Was in the city centre today on 22:35 - Jan 28 with 1344 viewsLeonWasGod

Was in the city centre today on 13:45 - Jan 28 by jack247

Agree with this. It’s starting to look really good, they’ve overdone the pavement though and consequently the road is narrower than it should be.

They just need to let vehicles on the pavement. Sorted.

There were supposed to be bike lanes there as well, but I couldn't see any the other week.
Was in the city centre today on 23:30 - Jan 28 with 1310 viewsjack_lord

Was in the city centre today on 18:07 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

I think the Kingsway is looking the best it has done in decades.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Was in the city centre today on 07:13 - Jan 29 with 1252 viewsProfessor

Was in the city centre today on 22:23 - Jan 28 by exhmrc1

Nice to hear a positive thread about the city unlike the never ending slagging off from another in the Wirral. Certainly the main part of the city centre Quadrant, Market and Oxford Street dont have many empty units. 2 small ones on the edge of the quadrant and 4 smallish ones on Oxford Street. Difficult to let I suspect due to size. I hope all went well with your daughter at the university. What does she intend studying.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:26]

Thanks. There has been a clear improvement in three years. Some way to go still, but in the right direction. The inverse to this is Chester which is struggling -
Many empty shops and looking increasingly scruffy. A
Much richer area but big competition from Liverpool and Manchester.

She is hoping to study midwifery- Swansea is one of the leading places
In the U.K. -has done well to get an interview and has another in Keele in a couple of weeks
Was in the city centre today on 09:28 - Jan 29 with 1202 viewsexhmrc1

Wish her good luck. Nursing and midwifery course are quite difficult to get into in Swansea and probably elsewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Was in the city centre today on 15:23 - Jan 29 with 1128 viewsEbo

Popped into Alan Curtis son's coffee shop today in the market. Lovely coffee fair play, none of that burnt milk starbucks shite. Give it a whirl and support local business.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Was in the city centre today on 15:32 - Jan 29 with 1115 viewsKGriz16

Was in the city centre today on 15:23 - Jan 29 by Ebo

Popped into Alan Curtis son's coffee shop today in the market. Lovely coffee fair play, none of that burnt milk starbucks shite. Give it a whirl and support local business.

What's the name? I'm going to the new Greek place in the Market for lunch on Saturday? Will call there for coffee also..
Was in the city centre today on 16:28 - Jan 29 with 1076 viewsProfessor

Was in the city centre today on 15:32 - Jan 29 by KGriz16

What's the name? I'm going to the new Greek place in the Market for lunch on Saturday? Will call there for coffee also..

That Greek place was just setting up when I was in-looked very good
Was in the city centre today on 16:31 - Jan 29 with 1074 viewsangryjack

Was in the city centre today on 18:07 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Turning it two way soon..then it will be fun
Was in the city centre today on 16:39 - Jan 29 with 1067 viewsunion_jack

Was in the city centre today on 16:31 - Jan 29 by angryjack

They could have easily taken 18” from the pavement to give the lane width that bit more. I can only think that the width restriction is to slow vehicles down??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Was in the city centre today on 16:45 - Jan 29 with 1065 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Was in the city centre today on 17:00 - Jan 29 with 1045 viewsMuteswan

Was in the city centre today on 16:39 - Jan 29 by union_jack

They could have easily taken 18” from the pavement to give the lane width that bit more. I can only think that the width restriction is to slow vehicles down??

It’s a 20mph speed limit there now. It’s clearly designed to keep speeds down with the zebra crossings and narrow lanes but hopefully it will be safer for pedestrians. Time will tell.
Was in the city centre today on 17:50 - Jan 29 with 1032 viewsexhmrc1

it only opened last Thursday
Was in the city centre today on 18:01 - Jan 29 with 1009 viewsjack_lord

Was in the city centre today on 16:31 - Jan 29 by angryjack

Two way? I thought it was really pleasant driving down there. Are you telling me there will be cars coming the other way on that narrow bit of road?

Was in the city centre today on 18:14 - Jan 29 with 1001 viewsWxmJax

I was down after Xmas. We had the best Portuguese tarts from the Portuguese cafe that was just to the right of the Quadrant when coming from the market. Sadly he was closing down on new year's eve as the rent was expensive and was hoping to get a stall in the market. A really nice guy and if he's in there I recommend a visit to him.
I have to visit the market every time we're down. Have to stock up on f@ggots and the like but the Welsh cakes haven't been good for a while. Cracking butchers on the right just after the fruit and veg stalls and near the record shop. The salt marsh lamb was excellent but not cheap.

Mods....What's unacceptable about f@ggots ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Was in the city centre today on 18:25 - Jan 29 with 979 viewsjack_lord

Was in the city centre today on 18:14 - Jan 29 by WxmJax

I was down after Xmas. We had the best Portuguese tarts from the Portuguese cafe that was just to the right of the Quadrant when coming from the market. Sadly he was closing down on new year's eve as the rent was expensive and was hoping to get a stall in the market. A really nice guy and if he's in there I recommend a visit to him.
I have to visit the market every time we're down. Have to stock up on f@ggots and the like but the Welsh cakes haven't been good for a while. Cracking butchers on the right just after the fruit and veg stalls and near the record shop. The salt marsh lamb was excellent but not cheap.

My family had a butcher's in Clydach and people tell me that my grandmother's xxxxxxxwere lovely. Planetswans language thing sort you effing self out. A xxxxxx is food.

Was in the city centre today on 18:53 - Jan 29 with 957 viewsexhmrc1

yes from next month
Was in the city centre today on 19:25 - Jan 29 with 936 viewsdickythorpe

What a shame he's closed down. No wonder high streets are flopping
Was in the city centre today on 19:38 - Jan 29 with 914 viewslifelong

The butchers is Hugh Phillips, I buy a fair bit of meat there...excellent.
Was in the city centre today on 19:45 - Jan 29 with 906 viewsGowerjack

Was in the city centre today on 15:23 - Jan 29 by Ebo

Milk in coffee?

Philistine.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Was in the city centre today on 19:58 - Jan 29 with 878 viewsWxmJax

Was in the city centre today on 19:38 - Jan 29 by lifelong

The butchers is Hugh Phillips, I buy a fair bit of meat there...excellent.

That's him. £35 for a leg of lamb, I was expecting about £15 so it shows how much I shop. I would go back though.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Was in the city centre today on 00:56 - Jan 30 with 826 viewsEbo

Storm in a teacup it's called. Tucked away in the corner of the market. Really nice coffee and he does all the latte art too.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024