Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huawei 18:10 - Jan 28 with 3870 viewsunion_jack

Has the UK done the right thing?

We’ve not bent over for the US, the results of which we will experience soon. Nor have we given China carte blanche.

Boris had a very difficult decision to make and I think (hope) he’s got it right.

The big surprise to me is that neither the UK or US have the same amount of expertise in 5g infrastructure that China do.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huawei on 18:16 - Jan 28 with 3257 viewsHighjack

People are happy enough to donate all personal information and a running commentary of all aspects of their lives to the likes of Microsoft, Google, Apple and Facebook. It’s just another company here to harvest all our information so they can bombard us with subliminal advertising.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Huawei on 18:30 - Jan 28 with 3239 viewsjackmorsel

It's not that at all, (they do, but the UK and US do not make the network components). It's purely the fact that it's ridiculously cheap, compared to the other vendors Nokia and Ericsson. Plus Huawei are offering added services thrown in, i.e. they will design, install commission and manage the whole process for free or a negligible fee. In the past Ericsson and Nokia charged a pretty penny for this as well.
Huawei on 18:41 - Jan 28 with 3219 viewsunion_jack

Huawei on 18:16 - Jan 28 by Highjack

People are happy enough to donate all personal information and a running commentary of all aspects of their lives to the likes of Microsoft, Google, Apple and Facebook. It’s just another company here to harvest all our information so they can bombard us with subliminal advertising.

It’s more important than that though. Huawei are a company ‘run’ by the Chinese government and them trying to sell me a wok is the least of my problems. It’s them having access to classified information which the security of the country depends on us what I am concerned about.

Hopefully the 35% cap on involvement will prevent this.

Huawei on 20:09 - Jan 28 with 3137 viewsCatullus

Huawei on 18:41 - Jan 28 by union_jack

It’s more important than that though. Huawei are a company ‘run’ by the Chinese government and them trying to sell me a wok is the least of my problems. It’s them having access to classified information which the security of the country depends on us what I am concerned about.

Hopefully the 35% cap on involvement will prevent this.

They aren't run by the government though, the USA does insist they have evidence of government control or undue influence.

The question is who do we trust in this, the USA or China and I'd say neither, they both have their own agendas.
China is trying to increase it's influence by embedding itself in other countries in a business sense. It's been doing it in Africa for a while, they have spent billions in Africa, investments and sub contracts coming to nearly 300 biilion between 05 and 18 but that has come with a price. Tney are tapping into Africa's massive potential but at the same time gaining what the USA sees as undue influence.

https://www.ft.com/content/9f5736d8-14e1-11e9-a581-4ff78404524e

On the other hand Trump wants everyone to kowtow to him, do as he wants, be grateful to him and love him to bits for screwing us over.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Huawei on 20:13 - Jan 28 with 3132 viewsfbreath

They want to get involved with the Swans as they believe

“Huawei “ “Jack Army” would be good advertising and help promote the brand.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Huawei on 20:17 - Jan 28 with 3125 viewsCatullus

Huawei on 20:13 - Jan 28 by fbreath

Well with another Saudi buying into the EPL, or trying to, would any of us complain in the Chinese government sank a few bllion into the Swans?

Huawei jack army has a nice ring to it too.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Huawei on 20:18 - Jan 28 with 3116 viewsunion_jack

Huawei on 20:17 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Well with another Saudi buying into the EPL, or trying to, would any of us complain in the Chinese government sank a few bllion into the Swans?

They’re much likely to buy out Newcastle though.

‘Huawei the lads’

Huawei on 20:19 - Jan 28 with 3116 viewslondonlisa2001

Huawei on 20:17 - Jan 28 by Catullus

“would any of us complain in the Chinese government sank a few bllion into the Swans? ”

Yes. It’s a game - you realise that? Football is a game.
Login to get fewer ads

Huawei on 20:38 - Jan 28 with 3097 viewsCatullus

Huawei on 20:19 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

“would any of us complain in the Chinese government sank a few bllion into the Swans? ”

Yes. It’s a game - you realise that? Football is a game.

Ummm yes, and it's still a game despite the oil sheiks buying in, despite Americans buying in....and despite the odd Russian too.

I think you may have taken my post too seriously, do calm down.

Huawei on 20:57 - Jan 28 with 3077 viewsHighjack

Huawei on 20:13 - Jan 28 by fbreath

Very good

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Huawei on 21:34 - Jan 28 with 3049 viewsLeonWasGod

If only we had a national intelligence and security service with expertise in cyber security who could help inform the government decision on this.

Ah.
Huawei on 22:13 - Jan 28 with 2991 viewsdameedna

China owns vast amounts of land and mineral resources in Australia.

China bought the Channel Nine HQ in Willoughby Sydney.

Huawei networks are a real threat as building a comms network in Australia could tap into the HQJOC in Canberra which is the Aus/US military base.

After the Chanel 9 purchase a few years back the Finance Minister has sought to limit China buy ins.

The UK and Europe sees Huawei as a threat.

At the same time consultants such as Aurecon will work for H with some information gained from competitors.

It is probably inevitable that China in a hundred years will expand globally. Hopefully with a new attitude.
Huawei on 00:22 - Jan 29 with 2913 viewscontroversial_jack

if we haven't done anything wrong then there's no problem with being spied on
Huawei on 01:39 - Jan 29 with 2884 viewsKilkennyjack

Great bunch of lads the Chinese..... 🇨🇳🇮🇪

Beware of the Risen People

Huawei on 06:52 - Jan 29 with 2830 viewsbazzool

I've got Huawei p20 pro and I don't give a f##k what's going on, all I care about is a fantastic camera and a good deal with three , I've had it over a year now and it's been great
Huawei on 07:20 - Jan 29 with 2818 viewsdameedna

The phones are fine.

The issue is with the mobile network infrastructure.

Once you give property away to China they will take advantage and install technology that may not in the national interest.

When was the last time you bought real estate in Beijing?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 7:21]
Huawei on 08:41 - Jan 29 with 2771 viewsLohengrin

Huawei on 21:34 - Jan 28 by LeonWasGod

If only we had a national intelligence and security service with expertise in cyber security who could help inform the government decision on this.

Ah.

They have posed the wrong question of GCHQ. If the intelligence chiefs are quizzed on their ability to counter potential threats what would expect them to say? Of course they are going to express confidence in their agencies.

Ask them instead as to the advisability of allowing communist China a major stake in Britain’s national infrastructure and you’d get the same answer that Tom Tugendhat was giving all over the media yesterday, that it was comparable to giving “permission to let the fox in the chicken coop.”

This is lunacy.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Huawei on 09:54 - Jan 29 with 2733 viewsdickythorpe

I like Chinese food, the waiters are never rude.
They come from a long way overseas, and only come up to your knees.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 9:55]
Huawei on 10:06 - Jan 29 with 2720 viewsLohengrin

Huawei on 01:39 - Jan 29 by Kilkennyjack

Great bunch of lads the Chinese..... 🇨🇳🇮🇪

What figure on executions did Mao state would be necessary to implement his land collectivisation scheme? Fifty million, wasn’t it?

Huawei on 10:25 - Jan 29 with 2700 viewsLeonWasGod

Huawei on 08:41 - Jan 29 by Lohengrin

They have posed the wrong question of GCHQ. If the intelligence chiefs are quizzed on their ability to counter potential threats what would expect them to say? Of course they are going to express confidence in their agencies.

Ask them instead as to the advisability of allowing communist China a major stake in Britain’s national infrastructure and you’d get the same answer that Tom Tugendhat was giving all over the media yesterday, that it was comparable to giving “permission to let the fox in the chicken coop.”

This is lunacy.

I'm not sure what's worse: entertaining this as a good idea, or the defence of it by people who have spend the last 5 years calling Corbyn a red and saying he'd be a threat to national security. The later may well be true, but the cognitive dissonance on display is something else.

The whole point of the internet of things is that EVERYTHING is linked and increasingly dependent on those data connections. Why would you hand that over to a company with the links that Huawei has? Lunacy indeed.
Huawei on 10:31 - Jan 29 with 2695 viewsLohengrin

Huawei on 10:25 - Jan 29 by LeonWasGod

I'm not sure what's worse: entertaining this as a good idea, or the defence of it by people who have spend the last 5 years calling Corbyn a red and saying he'd be a threat to national security. The later may well be true, but the cognitive dissonance on display is something else.

The whole point of the internet of things is that EVERYTHING is linked and increasingly dependent on those data connections. Why would you hand that over to a company with the links that Huawei has? Lunacy indeed.

It’s where we are, Leon. We’re saddled with a government that sees everything solely through the prism of pounds, shillings and pence.

Huawei on 12:40 - Jan 29 with 2643 viewsLeonWasGod

Huawei on 10:31 - Jan 29 by Lohengrin

It’s where we are, Leon. We’re saddled with a government that sees everything solely through the prism of pounds, shillings and pence.

Sadly so. 'Value for money' one of the biggest misnomers since we started outsourcing. More often than not, buy cheap pay twice.
Huawei on 18:12 - Jan 29 with 2527 viewsCountyJim

Not to bad thanks
Huawei on 18:15 - Jan 29 with 2525 viewscentrestandswan

Difficult one this, go with a country that separates immigrant families from their children, who drives an oil pipe line across sacred Native American lands, that allegedly does dodgy deals with eastern European countries or a country that ruthlessly treats the Uyghurs Muslims in a terrible manner https://www.ccn.com/welcome-to-the-death-trade-china-kills-muslim-prisoners-to-h , and turns its own people out of their homes just to build a "birds nest". Between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Huawei on 19:01 - Jan 29 with 2494 viewsBLAZE

Huawei on 12:40 - Jan 29 by LeonWasGod

Sadly so. 'Value for money' one of the biggest misnomers since we started outsourcing. More often than not, buy cheap pay twice.

I can only speak of their phones but I bought an Honor (Huawei sub-brand) 18 months ago for £220 and it's by far and away the greatest piece of technology I've ever purchased. On a £10 a month sim only contract, I've saved an absolute fortune and the phone competes with anything the latest Samsung or Apple has to offer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024