Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Market 18:52 - Feb 1 with 6936 viewsexhmrc1

Has again been voted the UKs best indoor market. Well done to all the traders and management.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/swansea-market-market-awards-202
Swansea Market on 19:39 - Feb 1 with 4348 viewsProfessor

Well deserved.
Swansea Market on 19:50 - Feb 1 with 4331 viewsLord_Bony

I'm vegetarian...well for the most part, but I cannot resist those fagggatsand peas..

You know.what I mean but my spell checker.won't allow me.to put in the word as it's offensive...pc gone mad.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea Market on 19:55 - Feb 1 with 4318 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Market on 19:50 - Feb 1 by Lord_Bony

I'm vegetarian...well for the most part, but I cannot resist those fagggatsand peas..

You know.what I mean but my spell checker.won't allow me.to put in the word as it's offensive...pc gone mad.

You should be able to call a f@ggot a f@ggot

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea Market on 20:01 - Feb 1 with 4307 viewsOneill_77

And now also has a fab Greek Mediterranean Kitchen to add to the cosmopolitan flavour.
Swansea Market on 20:31 - Feb 1 with 4257 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea Market on 19:55 - Feb 1 by builthjack

You should be able to call a f@ggot a f@ggot

I wonder what would happen in America if you went around asking where are the f@aggottt s ,you'd like one to eat for your lunch?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Swansea Market on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 4190 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Market on 20:31 - Feb 1 by Lord_Bony

I wonder what would happen in America if you went around asking where are the f@aggottt s ,you'd like one to eat for your lunch?

F@ggots, mash, peas and onion gravy should be promoted worldwide. Bloody lovely.
Those Yanks don't know what they are missing.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea Market on 21:52 - Feb 1 with 4142 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A friend of mine from Cardiff (60 years born and bred) walked in there the other day. He couldn’t believe how big it was or how many fish stalls and butchers there were. He said it was double the size of Cardiff’s (though I've never been so I’ve no idea). Rightfully something to be proud of

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea Market on 22:06 - Feb 1 with 4125 viewsSwanDownUnder

Swansea Market on 21:52 - Feb 1 by Brynmill_Jack

A friend of mine from Cardiff (60 years born and bred) walked in there the other day. He couldn’t believe how big it was or how many fish stalls and butchers there were. He said it was double the size of Cardiff’s (though I've never been so I’ve no idea). Rightfully something to be proud of

Swansea market is not bigger than Cardiff's.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Market on 22:16 - Feb 1 with 4111 viewsraynor94

Swansea Market on 21:52 - Feb 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Only three butchers there these days, sadly in my opinion it's being taken over by fast food stalls.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea Market on 22:35 - Feb 1 with 4078 viewsexhmrc1

In addition to 3 butchers there are 3 fishmongers, 4 bakery stalls, 4 fruit and veg stalls, 5 stalls selling cooked meats, butter and cheeses, 3 engravers an electrical stall, computer repair shop, 6 cockle stalls . Sad that even when something in our city is given a national award some of our residents still see the negatives. This is the problem with our city. Too many people knock the city rather than back it.
Swansea Market on 22:37 - Feb 1 with 4071 viewsSwanDownUnder

Swansea Market on 22:35 - Feb 1 by exhmrc1

In addition to 3 butchers there are 3 fishmongers, 4 bakery stalls, 4 fruit and veg stalls, 5 stalls selling cooked meats, butter and cheeses, 3 engravers an electrical stall, computer repair shop, 6 cockle stalls . Sad that even when something in our city is given a national award some of our residents still see the negatives. This is the problem with our city. Too many people knock the city rather than back it.

what negatives?
Swansea Market on 22:41 - Feb 1 with 4064 viewsJack_Meoff

Swansea Market on 20:31 - Feb 1 by Lord_Bony

You'd be pointed in the direction of Westboro Baptist Church?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Swansea Market on 22:47 - Feb 1 with 4058 viewsexhmrc1

Swansea Market on 22:37 - Feb 1 by SwanDownUnder

what negatives?

Only three butchers there these days, sadly in my opinion it's being taken over by fast food stalls.

This totally ignores the fact that there is a vast variety of stalls offering different items as already listed and many others including 3 card shops , wool stall, a clock shop, 2 hairdressers, plant stall, pet stall etc.

Yes there are some fast food outlets but there are loads of others. It is very varied including various international food outlets.
Swansea Market on 22:59 - Feb 1 with 4039 viewslonglostjack

Swansea Market on 22:47 - Feb 1 by exhmrc1

This totally ignores the fact that there is a vast variety of stalls offering different items as already listed and many others including 3 card shops , wool stall, a clock shop, 2 hairdressers, plant stall, pet stall etc.

Yes there are some fast food outlets but there are loads of others. It is very varied including various international food outlets.

Top market. Cardiff’s doesn’t even come close.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea Market on 23:35 - Feb 1 with 4004 viewsraynor94

How is stating facts being negative? I think the Market is brilliant, and shop there on a daily basis, I said it was my opinion, but I feel there are to many fast food outlets there these days, it may suit others but not me

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea Market on 00:12 - Feb 2 with 3979 viewsLord_Bony

Why would the market need more than three butchers?

Swansea Market on 00:29 - Feb 2 with 3959 viewsexhmrc1

Swansea Market on 00:12 - Feb 2 by Lord_Bony

It really doesnt. There are 3 butchers but many others selling a range of cooked meats, butter, cheeses etc. There are 3 fishmongers, 4 fruit and veg stalls, 4 bakery stalls etc. There is loads of stalls other than fast food stalls selling various items and some of the fast food stalls offer different things. Thai food, Mexican food, Vegetarian food and now Greek food in addition to the cafes selling more usual fare.
Swansea Market on 04:29 - Feb 2 with 3895 viewsbuilthjack

Brilliant place

Swansea Market on 07:38 - Feb 2 with 3853 viewssplJack

Jewel in the crown.
Swansea Market on 09:06 - Feb 2 with 3785 viewsGowerjack

Swansea Market on 22:06 - Feb 1 by SwanDownUnder

It is.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea Market on 09:23 - Feb 2 with 3772 viewsjack247

Swansea Market on 00:12 - Feb 2 by Lord_Bony

Well exactly. No village needs more than three butchers. The market is fine as it is
Swansea Market on 09:51 - Feb 2 with 3742 viewswaynekerr55

He was in the market during this episode, wasn't he?

Gotta love a bit of Floyd

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea Market on 09:55 - Feb 2 with 3735 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea Market on 09:51 - Feb 2 by waynekerr55

He was in the market during this episode, wasn't he?

Gotta love a bit of Floyd

The Bob Monkhouse of tv chefs.

The daddy. Brilliant.
Swansea Market on 10:12 - Feb 2 with 3717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

According to the Cardiff lifelong resident it is. Maybe you should come over from Australia and tape measure them yourself. Llanelli Market could be bigger than Cardiff’s

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea Market on 10:23 - Feb 2 with 3706 viewsexhmrc1

Your friend is right it is way bigger than Cardiff even if you take the upstairs into account. It is also far more airy as well. I think from memory Cardiff just has the 1 fishmonger there. Different league is what I would say. Bit like Liverpool and Cardiff in a football sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024