Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3rd lowest scorers in the league. 08:51 - Feb 2 with 2648 viewsthornabyswan

35 goals scored in 30 games.
Only Wigan on 28 and Boro 30 have scored less.

When you consider we had 35 million quids worth of strikers up until last Thursday its a diabolical stat if we are honest.

Our front 4 now of Ayew Brewster Gallagher and Celina looks impressive on paper at least.

But the supply to them is slow and ponderous.

Is this down to the players behind or the manager.

But the big concern is if we cant score goals on a reasonable budget this season how will we manage next.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 8:53]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 09:52 - Feb 2 with 1811 viewsDr_Winston

Our midfield generally hasn't been good enough, but neither do we play the kind of football that creates a multitude of chances.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 09:59 - Feb 2 with 1786 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No striker - no matter who’s up front will score without supply. None.

The man tasked with sorting that supply problem out is Cooper. He’s failed miserably up to now and he’s not showing any sign of improvement.

You can have Salah up front but until he recognises, let alone deals with the midfield combination of Byers and Grimes nothing is going to change.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:11 - Feb 2 with 1771 viewsTimTtam

That's really crept up on me. I know our scoring wasn't great, but I didn't think we were THAT poor. Bottom of the league Luton have scored 2 more goals than us.

As other have mentioned, it's probably down to lack of creating chances. Early in the season when we were winning, we were clinical and scored from very few chances. One we lost that, we stopped scoring as much.

Since the first international break, we've scored 23 goals in 24 games.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 10:11]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:16 - Feb 2 with 1753 viewsthornabyswan

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 09:59 - Feb 2 by Brynmill_Jack

No striker - no matter who’s up front will score without supply. None.

The man tasked with sorting that supply problem out is Cooper. He’s failed miserably up to now and he’s not showing any sign of improvement.

You can have Salah up front but until he recognises, let alone deals with the midfield combination of Byers and Grimes nothing is going to change.

Yes thats my take on it as well.

The defence has been pretty solid.

But the Byers Grimes combination is failing us why was this not addressed this window.

Pretty poor really.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:17 - Feb 2 with 1746 viewsBrynmill_Jack

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:11 - Feb 2 by TimTtam

That's really crept up on me. I know our scoring wasn't great, but I didn't think we were THAT poor. Bottom of the league Luton have scored 2 more goals than us.

As other have mentioned, it's probably down to lack of creating chances. Early in the season when we were winning, we were clinical and scored from very few chances. One we lost that, we stopped scoring as much.

Since the first international break, we've scored 23 goals in 24 games.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 10:11]

This lack of excitement isn’t going to sell or renew many season tickets I fear. With all the outgoings we surely should have brought in (even on a short contract) someone who could fix our midfield but that hasn’t happened. With all the talent loaned in it would have guaranteed at least the play offs.

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:20 - Feb 2 with 1739 views34dfgdf54

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 09:52 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

Our midfield generally hasn't been good enough, but neither do we play the kind of football that creates a multitude of chances.

Although I agree completely about midfield, “stats” (which I generally despise) show we do create chances, we are 4th from bottom in conversion rate and I’ll go out on a limb and say Surridge and Celina are the reason for that.
3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:23 - Feb 2 with 1733 viewsNotLoyal

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 09:52 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

This in a nutshell.
Yesterday Preston were on a plate but we slowly became negative second half, falling back and relied on Joe and Gue to draw the game.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:26 - Feb 2 with 1727 viewsjojaca

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:17 - Feb 2 by Brynmill_Jack

This lack of excitement isn’t going to sell or renew many season tickets I fear. With all the outgoings we surely should have brought in (even on a short contract) someone who could fix our midfield but that hasn’t happened. With all the talent loaned in it would have guaranteed at least the play offs.

This season has been a boring watch, attempting slow possession football. I would sack Cooper at the end of season and try another.

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:28 - Feb 2 with 1716 viewsFireboy2

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:23 - Feb 2 by NotLoyal

This in a nutshell.
Yesterday Preston were on a plate but we slowly became negative second half, falling back and relied on Joe and Gue to draw the game.

We did it last week at stoke.

Its becoming the norm as cooper either has no confidence in the bench or is just sh!t scared of making substitutions for fear of losing the game.

Either way recently i have no confidence in them scoring at all.
3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:32 - Feb 2 with 1709 viewsNotLoyal

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:28 - Feb 2 by Fireboy2

We did it last week at stoke.

Its becoming the norm as cooper either has no confidence in the bench or is just sh!t scared of making substitutions for fear of losing the game.

Either way recently i have no confidence in them scoring at all.

Making a sub on 87 minutes makes no sense as well. Pointless, or probably just time wasting which is proving most people’s point.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:35 - Feb 2 with 1703 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We need to revert back to whatever we were doing when Ollie scored 20 goals in a season.
Let's face it Ollie was and is not the world's best striker and yet we managed to arrange for him to score well.
Dan James was one major reason but he did not have that many assists for Ollie.
Cellina under Cooper is a shadow of his self the previous season.
3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:36 - Feb 2 with 1700 viewsthornabyswan

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:23 - Feb 2 by NotLoyal

This in a nutshell.

Missed s huge opportunity this season.

Ayew Brewster and Gallagher are unlikely to be playing for us next season.

If we had brought in a replacement for Byers or Grimes or preferably both we would have had a decent shout of promotion.

But we chose to bring in a Chelsea defender instead when we were already well stocked there.

We messed up big time there and its going to cost us a play off spot.

It sounds negative I know but you dont get promoted if you dont score goals.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 10:42]

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 11:16 - Feb 2 with 1616 viewsNeath_Jack

The buck stops with Cooper.

If we manage to somehow get into the playoffs or better, I for one won't be praising him. He's had / got the tools, he just doesn't know how to use them to their full potential.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 11:46 - Feb 2 with 1571 viewsbuilthjack

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:36 - Feb 2 by thornabyswan

Missed s huge opportunity this season.

Ayew Brewster and Gallagher are unlikely to be playing for us next season.

If we had brought in a replacement for Byers or Grimes or preferably both we would have had a decent shout of promotion.

But we chose to bring in a Chelsea defender instead when we were already well stocked there.

We messed up big time there and its going to cost us a play off spot.

It sounds negative I know but you dont get promoted if you dont score goals.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 10:42]

By "we" you mean Cooper

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 12:02 - Feb 2 with 1549 viewsthornabyswan

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 11:46 - Feb 2 by builthjack

By "we" you mean Cooper

Not just Cooper but he has to take the majority of the responsibility yes.

Grimes is a shadow of the player he was last season Byers looks like he cant be bothered half the time.

But he has a recruitment team behind him in Marsh Leon and Birch.

Cooper doesn't tell Byers to play with a cant be arsed attitude.

So yes Cooper in the main but its a collective fail in my book.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 12:05]

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 12:03 - Feb 2 with 1540 viewsmonmouth

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 11:16 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

The buck stops with Cooper.

If we manage to somehow get into the playoffs or better, I for one won't be praising him. He's had / got the tools, he just doesn't know how to use them to their full potential.

Indeed. It doesn't all rest on Byers and Grimes neither. By the time they get the ball the other team is well set. It starts with Woodman who is the slowest player in the whole league I reckon. Actually deliberately waits until the opposition are ready. The back four are not much better, want far too many touches or to roll it back and forth without going forward. There is no forward drive from the back so midfield and forwards are crowded out.

The only person that can sort this is Cooper, and on the contrary, it is patently his preferred approach. The style is strangling any chance of creating things for the forward players. Plus tell them to shoot instead of always automatically passing back out to the wings with no purpose whatsoever. Again, obviously his preference seeing as we do it every time.

I didn't realise quite how annoyed I am with Cooper and his approach until I started typing.

Edit: I've felt quite a few teams have been there for the taking, and we simply haven't tried in the second half. The last two games, perfect examples. One point against teams I am convinced we could have dominated.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 12:04]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 12:22 - Feb 2 with 1490 viewsangryjack

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 10:26 - Feb 2 by jojaca

This season has been a boring watch, attempting slow possession football. I would sack Cooper at the end of season and try another.

He is stubborn, won't change his system, plays with no width,his sub's are always like for like boring to watch
3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 12:28 - Feb 2 with 1476 viewsThornburyswan

Whole raft of issues for me :-

1. We want way too many touches before trying to play the key pass - Gallagher & Brewster might improve this on what I’ve seen so far.
2. Celina aside very little willingness to shoot from around the box.
3. Very little pace & ponderous balls out from the back/Woodman in any case.
4. Minimal goal threats from midfield/set pieces.
3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 13:01 - Feb 2 with 1421 viewsBrynmill_Jack

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 12:28 - Feb 2 by Thornburyswan

Whole raft of issues for me :-

1. We want way too many touches before trying to play the key pass - Gallagher & Brewster might improve this on what I’ve seen so far.
2. Celina aside very little willingness to shoot from around the box.
3. Very little pace & ponderous balls out from the back/Woodman in any case.
4. Minimal goal threats from midfield/set pieces.

All confidence has been sapped out of the players and replaced with Clement-esque safety first.
Some of these players were far more adventurous under Potter.

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 14:06 - Feb 2 with 1342 viewsmonmouth

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 13:01 - Feb 2 by Brynmill_Jack

All confidence has been sapped out of the players and replaced with Clement-esque safety first.
Some of these players were far more adventurous under Potter.

I think any honest appraisal at this stage would come up with those exact two words:

Clement, again.

Or:

Badges man.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 14:36 - Feb 2 with 1308 viewsjackrmee

This is such a negative forum

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 14:55 - Feb 2 with 1263 viewsChief

Play some bloody wingers

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:03 - Feb 2 with 1256 viewsmagicdaps10

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 14:55 - Feb 2 by Chief

Play some bloody wingers

This.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:12 - Feb 2 with 1244 viewsBrynmill_Jack

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:03 - Feb 2 by magicdaps10

This.

Still no good if you can’t get the base of midfield right.

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:43 - Feb 2 with 1198 viewskarnataka

3rd lowest scorers in the league. on 15:12 - Feb 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Still no good if you can’t get the base of midfield right.

True, but at least using wingers is a step in the right direction if you want to create more scoring opportunities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024