Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. 16:11 - Feb 3 with 2038 viewsWxmJax

Here we go

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-news-journal

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 16:35 - Feb 3 with 1655 viewsDarran

I’m sure Boris is in bits.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 16:42 - Feb 3 with 1636 viewsLohengrin

Blair’s New Labour machine corralled journalists like so many lab animals and drip-fed them ‘the line.’

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 17:21 - Feb 3 with 1605 viewscentrestandswan

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 16:42 - Feb 3 by Lohengrin

Blair’s New Labour machine corralled journalists like so many lab animals and drip-fed them ‘the line.’

Two wrongs do not make a right .

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 18:35 - Feb 3 with 1546 viewsPegojack

Who cares? The cwnt's never got anything sensible to say anyway.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 19:44]
Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 18:56 - Feb 3 with 1520 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 16:42 - Feb 3 by Lohengrin

Alistair Campbell's tight control of everything could even start a war.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 19:31 - Feb 3 with 1489 viewswaynekerr55

By all accounts Peston and ankles Kussenberg did too...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 20:36 - Feb 3 with 1428 viewsItchySphincter

Anyone want to copy and paste the text? BBC not reporting it.....

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 21:19 - Feb 3 with 1375 viewsWxmJax

There you go

It is not uncommon for politicians and their political special advisers to brief particular publications or journalists about their plans.

And here's why they all left......

But it has long been the convention that briefings from politically neutral civil servants are conducted on a strictly non-partisan basis, with publications of all shades of opinion represented.

I don't believe New Labour did this, but please share with us when they did/tried to and the press left en masse

Login to get fewer ads

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 14:23 - Feb 4 with 1237 viewsLohengrin

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 21:19 - Feb 3 by WxmJax

There you go

It is not uncommon for politicians and their political special advisers to brief particular publications or journalists about their plans.

And here's why they all left......

But it has long been the convention that briefings from politically neutral civil servants are conducted on a strictly non-partisan basis, with publications of all shades of opinion represented.

I don't believe New Labour did this, but please share with us when they did/tried to and the press left en masse

I’m not sure how old you are as we’ve never met, to the best of my knowledge, nor how long-standing your interest in politics is? For those of us who were interested witnesses to New Labour’s attempted subversion of press freedom your post would have raised a wry smile.

The original report from that nice Justice Leveson back in 2012 took the diabolical duo Mandelson and Campbell and their aggressive re-packaging of demonstrable truths to task in the following fashion:

” Their culture of spin caused a breakdown of public trust engineered by political self-interest”.

Boris is a liar and a boor but his attempts at seizing the narrative barely rise above the risible by comparison with what came before.

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 18:05 - Feb 4 with 1162 viewsWxmJax

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 14:23 - Feb 4 by Lohengrin

I’m not sure how old you are as we’ve never met, to the best of my knowledge, nor how long-standing your interest in politics is? For those of us who were interested witnesses to New Labour’s attempted subversion of press freedom your post would have raised a wry smile.

The original report from that nice Justice Leveson back in 2012 took the diabolical duo Mandelson and Campbell and their aggressive re-packaging of demonstrable truths to task in the following fashion:

” Their culture of spin caused a breakdown of public trust engineered by political self-interest”.

Boris is a liar and a boor but his attempts at seizing the narrative barely rise above the risible by comparison with what came before.

I don't see myself as left or right, more of fairness, regardless of the political party involved. I was a union steward in the 80's and pulled a very senior union boss up in front of conference back then because I thought he was lying to the members I was representing. He wasn't happy. I didn't care.

Politics isn't black or white, it's shades of grey. All parties can be both wrong and right but I find that you only have one view.

When civil servants are involved there shouldn't be ANY blocking of news reporters of a certain bias. The Blair government DIDN'T do this, nor can I remember any other PM doing it so don't try and make out that they did please. We are living in dangerous times but you appear happy to endorse it.

Are you on twitter ?

For four years under Tony Blair's government I worked for the Daily Mail. His No10 absolutely hated us - you might say justifiably - and yet we were never banned from any briefing involving civil servants under his government, ever.

I remember asking Blair, live on TV, during one press conference about the number of dead soldiers in Iraq. It was deeply uncomfortable for him. But I still got invited back to the next one.

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 13:58 - Feb 5 with 1062 viewsLohengrin

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 18:05 - Feb 4 by WxmJax

I don't see myself as left or right, more of fairness, regardless of the political party involved. I was a union steward in the 80's and pulled a very senior union boss up in front of conference back then because I thought he was lying to the members I was representing. He wasn't happy. I didn't care.

Politics isn't black or white, it's shades of grey. All parties can be both wrong and right but I find that you only have one view.

When civil servants are involved there shouldn't be ANY blocking of news reporters of a certain bias. The Blair government DIDN'T do this, nor can I remember any other PM doing it so don't try and make out that they did please. We are living in dangerous times but you appear happy to endorse it.

Are you on twitter ?

For four years under Tony Blair's government I worked for the Daily Mail. His No10 absolutely hated us - you might say justifiably - and yet we were never banned from any briefing involving civil servants under his government, ever.

I remember asking Blair, live on TV, during one press conference about the number of dead soldiers in Iraq. It was deeply uncomfortable for him. But I still got invited back to the next one.

” I don't see myself as left or right, more of fairness...

Ha! I’m sure that is how you see yourself. I don’t think I’ve ever met anybody who has introduced himself by saying “good afternoon, I’m the bad guy, pleased to meet you.”

Let’s try and break this down, shall we? As usual if I’m getting this wrong I’ll happily stand to be corrected. I don’t know the ins and outs of this but from the outside looking in there doesn’t appear to have been an attempt to only allow access to certain shades of opinion, how could there have been if both The Telegraph and The Guardian are on the approved list? It smacks more of intellectual snobbery that the broadsheets are to be courted but there wasn’t deemed to be room to make space for the Huff Post and other ‘up-start’ outlets.

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 14:46 - Feb 5 with 1038 viewsHighjack

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 13:58 - Feb 5 by Lohengrin

Ha! I’m sure that is how you see yourself. I don’t think I’ve ever met anybody who has introduced himself by saying “good afternoon, I’m the bad guy, pleased to meet you.”

Let’s try and break this down, shall we? As usual if I’m getting this wrong I’ll happily stand to be corrected. I don’t know the ins and outs of this but from the outside looking in there doesn’t appear to have been an attempt to only allow access to certain shades of opinion, how could there have been if both The Telegraph and The Guardian are on the approved list? It smacks more of intellectual snobbery that the broadsheets are to be courted but there wasn’t deemed to be room to make space for the Huff Post and other ‘up-start’ outlets.

The delegation from footballghana.com were utterly devastated.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 16:51 - Feb 5 with 1004 viewsHumpty

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 13:58 - Feb 5 by Lohengrin

Yeah the Huff Post. And the Mirror. And the Independent. And the i.

If you honestly believe they were banned due to lack of space I have some magic beans you may be interested in.
Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 18:32 - Feb 5 with 960 viewsGwyn737

There’s a brilliant interview on YouTube with Armando Iannucci sharing with James O’Brian just how influential Campbell and chums were in the Blair government.

I’ve no love of Boris but these tricks can certainly be traced back to New Labour.

They whole bias of the press thing is one of the reasons why I champion the BBC. It’s not perfect and it’s a bit woolly but to claim bias for either side is disingenuous.
Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 19:49 - Feb 5 with 923 viewsJango

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 18:32 - Feb 5 by Gwyn737

There’s a brilliant interview on YouTube with Armando Iannucci sharing with James O’Brian just how influential Campbell and chums were in the Blair government.

I’ve no love of Boris but these tricks can certainly be traced back to New Labour.

They whole bias of the press thing is one of the reasons why I champion the BBC. It’s not perfect and it’s a bit woolly but to claim bias for either side is disingenuous.

I guess you didn’t see their coverage of brexit night.
Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 22:29 - Feb 5 with 863 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 19:49 - Feb 5 by Jango

I guess you didn’t see their coverage of brexit night.

Would that be the same BBC who refused to broadcast the Prime minister's speech on 31st January?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 22:33 - Feb 5 with 860 viewsBest_loser

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 22:29 - Feb 5 by felixstowe_jack

Would that be the same BBC who refused to broadcast the Prime minister's speech on 31st January?

Would that be the same prime minister who didn't have the bottle to face Andrew neil
Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 22:42 - Feb 5 with 852 viewsHighjack

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 22:33 - Feb 5 by Best_loser

Would that be the same prime minister who didn't have the bottle to face Andrew neil

And would that be the same Andrew Neil who plays up front for Taunton Town FC?

Oh no wait. It’s a different Andrew Neil.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 23:48 - Feb 5 with 829 viewsmajorraglan

Spin or whatever you want to refer to it as is nothing but propaganda. It's all about influencing and manipulating, whatever party you support it essential that we have a robust media which is able to and actually does report objectively and robustly. Johnson, Trump, Pelosi, Blair, Corbyn, Drakeford and any other politician you can think name should all be subject to reasonable levels of scrutiny.

Good work should be praised and wrongdoing exposed, if you don’t have a free press politicians aren’t being held to account and you end with countries being ruled by tyrants and dictators.
Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 11:29 - Feb 6 with 773 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 22:33 - Feb 5 by Best_loser

Why face andrew Neil the BBC favourite journalist who has no relevance to how the country voted. Clearly why waste time talking to him just let the country decide.
Never knew it was compulsory in out constitution to pander to any journalist.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 11:45 - Feb 6 with 768 viewsWarwickHunt

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 11:29 - Feb 6 by felixstowe_jack

Why face andrew Neil the BBC favourite journalist who has no relevance to how the country voted. Clearly why waste time talking to him just let the country decide.

Andrew Neil would have forensically destroyed his complete lack of grasp of detail on virtually all the policies. He was terrified of being exposed for the buffoon and fraud that he so obviously is.

He dodged questions yesterday on climate change as he doesn’t even have a basic idea of what’s going on.

He’s a serial liar, bullshitter and narcissist. Enjoy the ride.
Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 11:55 - Feb 6 with 763 viewsEbo

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 11:29 - Feb 6 by felixstowe_jack

Why hide in a fridge? Why hide away on holiday over Christmas when the Iran thing was kicking off?

He is unfit to run a bath.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 757 viewsLohengrin

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 16:51 - Feb 5 by Humpty

Yeah the Huff Post. And the Mirror. And the Independent. And the i.

If you honestly believe they were banned due to lack of space I have some magic beans you may be interested in.

The Huff Post and Independent have no printed presence, nobody buys them in the garage on the way to work. The Mirror is now just tales from Love Island and bingo and The ‘I’ doesn’t do journalism as such, it’s just a collection of snippets and newsbites.

You’ve just underscored the point I was making about media worth the effort to court and others.

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 12:52 - Feb 6 with 749 viewsexiledclaseboy

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 12:38 - Feb 6 by Lohengrin

The Huff Post and Independent have no printed presence, nobody buys them in the garage on the way to work. The Mirror is now just tales from Love Island and bingo and The ‘I’ doesn’t do journalism as such, it’s just a collection of snippets and newsbites.

You’ve just underscored the point I was making about media worth the effort to court and others.

Hardly anyone buys printed papers at all these days. Mainly just ageing middle class types and luddites. You tick both boxes.

Poll: Tory leader

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 12:53 - Feb 6 with 745 viewsLohengrin

Political journalists stage walk out from No.10 after reporter ban. on 11:55 - Feb 6 by Ebo

Why hide in a fridge? Why hide away on holiday over Christmas when the Iran thing was kicking off?

He is unfit to run a bath.

A cur’s sense of danger avoidance?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024