Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint 19:49 - Feb 4 with 6992 viewsLandore_Jack

Currently looking to purchase a second hand car. I know Trade Centre Wales has been around a while and Motorpoint have opened a new branch in Swansea. Has anybody got experience when buying a car from these two car dealers? What was the customer service / after sales experience like?

#backtojack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:50 - Feb 4 with 4999 viewsbuilthjack

How much do you want to pay? That determines where to go.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:54 - Feb 4 with 4983 viewsLandore_Jack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:50 - Feb 4 by builthjack

How much do you want to pay? That determines where to go.

12k -14k

#backtojack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:55 - Feb 4 with 4972 viewsAndy1300

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:54 - Feb 4 by Landore_Jack

12k -14k

Go to motor point then

Number 1 team in Wales

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:55 - Feb 4 with 4970 viewsAndy1300

Use TCW at your peril

Number 1 team in Wales

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:57 - Feb 4 with 4971 viewsbuilthjack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:54 - Feb 4 by Landore_Jack

12k -14k

Any make in particular?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:58 - Feb 4 with 4966 viewsLandore_Jack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:57 - Feb 4 by builthjack

Any make in particular?

VW Golf.

#backtojack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 20:25 - Feb 4 with 4910 viewsBDS

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:58 - Feb 4 by Landore_Jack

VW Golf.

Ron Skinner worth looking at
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 20:30 - Feb 4 with 4886 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bought my Kia Ceed from Motorpoint Newport.. 21k brand new and I had mine for 13.5k with 3.5k on the clock. 6 months old leaving 6.5yrs warranty.
Very happy with car.
Their part exchange is sh!t however and the will push you to buy extras.
Call in. walk around and see what you like. Make a note of the reference and they will give you the keys for a good nose around.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 20:34 - Feb 4 with 4879 viewsmajorraglan

If I was looking to spend that much I would look at Motorpoint or Ron Skinner, you should be able to pick up a 16 or 17 plate golf. Check to see if the cars are imports. Another possibility would be a non VW dealer who’s taken 1 in as part exchange.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 20:37 - Feb 4 with 4874 viewsGiff

I don't know anyone who recommends TCW, but over the years my kids have had 3 cars from them and had no problems at all.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 20:45 - Feb 4 with 4859 viewsGlastonbury

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:58 - Feb 4 by Landore_Jack

VW Golf.

Go for Skoda mate. Same car £6k cheaper
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 21:11 - Feb 4 with 4826 viewsmajorraglan

Another car supermarket which gets good reviews from Honest John the Daily Telegraph bloke is Car Giant. They have a website which you can check out, the only this is that you’d probably have to go to London to pick it up, but that’s only £50 quid on the train if you buy early enough and travel outside peak hours.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 21:15 - Feb 4 with 4818 viewsNeathJack

Bought my last 2 cars from Motorpoint and both have been faultless. I'd happily recommend but don't part-ex with them as they offer bottom book price.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 21:18 - Feb 4 with 4812 viewsbuilthjack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 20:25 - Feb 4 by BDS

Ron Skinner worth looking at

New Ron Skinner place opened in Cross Hands. Where the caravan place was.

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 21:29 - Feb 4 with 4788 viewsPacemaker

I have bought three cars from Motorpoint in Newport, service has been good, part exchange is not great but prices are pretty good. I have had Toyota’s and Hyundai from there all have been excellent value and very reliable.

VW and other mainstream manufacturers have 3 year warranty from new but Toyota and Hyundai have 5 year warranty and Kia 7 years.

VW reputation not what it was, I have had a few as job cars since 2005 and they have not been 100% reliable and repairs are expensive. Skoda is a better buy if you want to go VAG in my opinion.

Unless you are doing 15-20k miles a year I wouldn’t do diesel these days the costs just don’t make sense.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 21:32 - Feb 4 with 4777 viewsWxmJax

Slightly off topic but was he on some fantasy homes programme before. It was a Swansea couple who had £1.5m to spend on a second home in Florida

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 21:34 - Feb 4 with 4771 viewsWxmJax

Slightly off topic but was he on some fantasy homes programme before ? It was a Swansea couple who had £1.5m to spend on a second home in Florida

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 22:24 - Feb 4 with 4703 viewsmajorraglan

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 21:29 - Feb 4 by Pacemaker

I have bought three cars from Motorpoint in Newport, service has been good, part exchange is not great but prices are pretty good. I have had Toyota’s and Hyundai from there all have been excellent value and very reliable.

VW and other mainstream manufacturers have 3 year warranty from new but Toyota and Hyundai have 5 year warranty and Kia 7 years.

VW reputation not what it was, I have had a few as job cars since 2005 and they have not been 100% reliable and repairs are expensive. Skoda is a better buy if you want to go VAG in my opinion.

Unless you are doing 15-20k miles a year I wouldn’t do diesel these days the costs just don’t make sense.

I think you can get problems with any car. I have a Toyota which has a BMW engine in it, the ERG valve went on it, the cost of getting it fixed was £1k - fortunately it was still in the 5 year warranty and the dealer sorted it. I also had an issue with the electronic parking brake actuator, that was also fixed under warranty otherwise it would have set me back another grand. To be fair FRF have been excellent.

The 5 year warranty is up later this year, I am giving serious consideration to extending the warranty for a further 2 years. It will cost about £600 but I figure that’s cheaper than part exchanging it.

My fathers neighbour had a Kia 4x4, the gear box packed in about 4 months before the warranty expired, they replaced it no quibbling and going on about wear and tear, straight in to the workshop and a new gearbox. A decent warranty is well worth having.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 22:27]
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 22:51 - Feb 4 with 4670 viewsgrabsplatter

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 20:45 - Feb 4 by Glastonbury

Go for Skoda mate. Same car £6k cheaper

Good shout
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:19 - Feb 4 with 4646 viewsSTID2017

Please give TCW a wide berth and go to MP instead
Also consider Ron Skinner which has good quality cars to suit all budgets.
If you want any info feel free to PM me

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:20 - Feb 4 with 4646 viewsjack_lord

Just bought a car less than 12 months old. Great price at motorpoint but even cheaper at a main dealer who even knocked another 600 pound off the price after a bit more haggling. I used a search engine for the cheapest deal but motorpoint didn't price match and lost their sale.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:24 - Feb 4 with 4640 viewsSTID2017

Also for that money you can get a nearly new MG with 7 years warranty.
I thoroughly recommend having a look.
Meant to say from Panda Motors
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 23:35]

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:33 - Feb 4 with 4630 viewsjack_lord

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:24 - Feb 4 by STID2017

Also for that money you can get a nearly new MG with 7 years warranty.
I thoroughly recommend having a look.
Meant to say from Panda Motors
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 23:35]

Absolutely, a lot of car with leather heated seats and more in the GS exclusive model for that money. I have been looking at the new HS, it looks like a brilliant SUV.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:38 - Feb 4 with 4620 viewsSTID2017

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:33 - Feb 4 by jack_lord

Absolutely, a lot of car with leather heated seats and more in the GS exclusive model for that money. I have been looking at the new HS, it looks like a brilliant SUV.

Had a MG GS exclusive auto for three years.
Just flew through first mot.
As you say fully spec'd.
Not making the GS but it's replacement is apparently just as good

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 06:55 - Feb 5 with 4529 viewsSWANSEYE

STEER clear of TCW
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024