Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester United Hall of Fame 11:55 - Feb 5 with 907 viewswessex_exile

There is an announcement on the OWS about the Hall of Fame. The Former Players' Association Hall of Fame committee will be adding in their own choice, but supporters can vote for their legendary U's player to be inducted in 2020. Two players chosen by the fans will be inducted into the Hall of Fame this season, and nominees must be retired from professional football and have played over fifty first team games to be eligible.

To cast your vote for your chosen player, please contact the club on media@colchesterunited.net with the name of your nomination (I assume it's one vote per supporter).

HALL OF FAME CURRENT INDUCTEES
2006/07: Micky Cook, Tony English, Brian Hall, Mark Kinsella, Peter Wright
2007/08: Tony Adcock, Dick Graham (Manager), Bobby Hunt, Vic Keeble, Martyn King, Reg Stewart
2008/09: The remaining members of the 'Leeds 1971' team: Bobby Cram, Ray Crawford, Brian Garvey, Brian Gibbs, John Gilchrist, John Kurila, Brian Lewis, Mick Mahon, Dave Simmons, Graham Smith
2009/10: Percy Ames, Mick Packer, Mike Walker
2010/11: Bob Curry, Kem Izzet
2011/12: John Fowler, Roy McDonough, Steve McGavin
2012/13: David Gregory, Steve Leslie
2013/14: Joe Dunne, Nicky Smith
2015/16: Duncan Forbes, Karl Duguid
2018/19: Steve Foley, Ian Allinson

There are plenty of names I could think of, I just wonder if the club would be prepared to bend the rules slightly this year and include Chris Barker (he only played 39 times for the U's)?

Anyone who nominates Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe will be first against the wall come the revolution...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 12:16 - Feb 5 with 902 viewsdurham_exile

Or Macca Bonne!!!!!

My vote goes to Chris Barker

UTU's

Durham_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 22:53 - Feb 5 with 851 viewsthrillseeker

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 12:16 - Feb 5 by durham_exile

Or Macca Bonne!!!!!

My vote goes to Chris Barker

UTU's

Durham - to qualify I think the player has had to make at least 50 appearances for the club.

Not sure Chris Barker did and although I appreciate the sentiment I don't think he should qualify for the Hall of Fame even if rules were tweaked this time

For a modern day player Lua Lua or Halford (if no longer playing) must be close to an inclusion

From my early day Bobby Gough maybe should be considered.

In need to give it more thought
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 22:58]
Colchester United Hall of Fame on 00:02 - Feb 6 with 837 viewswessex_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 22:53 - Feb 5 by thrillseeker

Durham - to qualify I think the player has had to make at least 50 appearances for the club.

Not sure Chris Barker did and although I appreciate the sentiment I don't think he should qualify for the Hall of Fame even if rules were tweaked this time

For a modern day player Lua Lua or Halford (if no longer playing) must be close to an inclusion

From my early day Bobby Gough maybe should be considered.

In need to give it more thought
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 22:58]

Chris Barker was my suggestion TS, and no, he wouldn’t normally qualify because he only made 39 appearances for the U’s. It just seemed a nice idea in the circumstances, and it’s not as if he wasn’t an outstanding player for the U’s in our most successful season ever.

Up the U's

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 05:24 - Feb 6 with 826 viewsthrillseeker

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 00:02 - Feb 6 by wessex_exile

Chris Barker was my suggestion TS, and no, he wouldn’t normally qualify because he only made 39 appearances for the U’s. It just seemed a nice idea in the circumstances, and it’s not as if he wasn’t an outstanding player for the U’s in our most successful season ever.

Sorry Durham - maybe it would be better to read thoroughly and concentrate before I post so my apologies

Wessex - yes it is a nice idea and yes he was a very good player in our most successful but for me the HOF should not be about sentiment. I appreciate that sounds harsh albeit it's not intended that way.

Sorry if my view offends
Colchester United Hall of Fame on 07:31 - Feb 6 with 821 viewswessex_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 05:24 - Feb 6 by thrillseeker

Sorry Durham - maybe it would be better to read thoroughly and concentrate before I post so my apologies

Wessex - yes it is a nice idea and yes he was a very good player in our most successful but for me the HOF should not be about sentiment. I appreciate that sounds harsh albeit it's not intended that way.

Sorry if my view offends

Not offended at all chap, your reasoning is perfectly sensible.

Up the U's

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 08:13 - Feb 6 with 818 viewsnoah4x4

I reckon Trevor Kettle and Darren Deadman have had more influence over results that any modern day player at JCS/WHCS. Oh sorry, I misread. Hall of Infamy.

Surely we've now got to include a few of the promotion winning side that took us into the Championship? Iwelumo? Lisbie?
Colchester United Hall of Fame on 09:26 - Feb 6 with 807 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 05:24 - Feb 6 by thrillseeker

Sorry if my view offends

TS - no offence received or taken by me.

The Hall of Fame is exactly that, an opportunity for the real stars of the past Colchester United teams to be honoured.

I was at the game when Micky Cook was inducted, I used to go to school with him although he was two years older I believe and he is still one of my favourite players.

In time we might be lucky enough to vote for some our current heroes, though there are still many of the 70's and 80's stars to be considered. I remain a great fan of Trevor Lee. Fantastic goal scorer.

Anyway UTU's

Durham_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 09:55 - Feb 6 with 805 viewsgerry_us

Sammy McLeod?
Look him up guys. I remember him well in my formative years.
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 10:03 - Feb 6 with 804 viewswessex_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 09:55 - Feb 6 by gerry_us

Sammy McLeod?
Look him up guys. I remember him well in my formative years.

Steve Dowman? He'd be the first black player to be inducted.

Up the U's

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 19:16 - Feb 6 with 768 viewsbwildered

Steve Wignall, served the club with distinction on and off the field .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 21:28 - Feb 10 with 712 viewsghughes11

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 00:02 - Feb 6 by wessex_exile

I see somebody on Facebook wanting to nominate Matt Hudson after all of his hard work he put into CUFC.

This however was knocked back as it was only for former players and John Schultz (organiser) suggested someone setting up something similar for ex-staff etc.

So Barker being slightly different as ex player may fit in - but looks like they have strict rules.

Might be worth sending a message Wessex, as it seems as though quite a few people would support this, if allowed.

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 22:01 - Feb 10 with 706 viewswessex_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 21:28 - Feb 10 by ghughes11

I see somebody on Facebook wanting to nominate Matt Hudson after all of his hard work he put into CUFC.

This however was knocked back as it was only for former players and John Schultz (organiser) suggested someone setting up something similar for ex-staff etc.

So Barker being slightly different as ex player may fit in - but looks like they have strict rules.

Might be worth sending a message Wessex, as it seems as though quite a few people would support this, if allowed.

I've already nominated Chris Barker as it happens. If I had two votes, I'd be more than happy to add club stalwart Matt Hudson, but I do accept there are rules to follow here.

Incidentally, whilst I wouldn't for a single moment challenge his rightful entry into the Colchester United Hall of Fame, Dick Graham never played for the U's.

Up the U's

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 13:07 - Mar 2 with 640 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 22:01 - Feb 10 by wessex_exile

I've already nominated Chris Barker as it happens. If I had two votes, I'd be more than happy to add club stalwart Matt Hudson, but I do accept there are rules to follow here.

Incidentally, whilst I wouldn't for a single moment challenge his rightful entry into the Colchester United Hall of Fame, Dick Graham never played for the U's.

Lomana Tresor Lua Lua, Jamie Cureton and Chris Iwelumo have been inducted into the U's Hall of Fame.

Worthy choices

UTU's

Durham_exile

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 19:06 - Mar 2 with 617 viewsghughes11

Colchester United Hall of Fame on 13:07 - Mar 2 by durham_exile

Lomana Tresor Lua Lua, Jamie Cureton and Chris Iwelumo have been inducted into the U's Hall of Fame.

Worthy choices

UTU's

My, oh my, how we could have done with them three up top on Saturday!

I noticed that they elected the whole of the team that beat Leeds in '71 (and why not), why not do the same for the 05-06 and 06-07 teams too??? I don't think we'll see two more successful teams for a good 20 odd more years at least!

Only players close to getting in the Hall of Fame from the current team, would be Gerken (as was goalie in 05-06) and Eastman (due to amount of games played and performances in the last couple of seasons).

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024