Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread 17:48 - Feb 5 with 28154 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:01 - Feb 5 with 8799 viewsOldjack

Derby are on the rise ,tough match coming up

2-1

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:54 - Feb 5 with 8773 viewsNotLoyal

I’m prepared for another frustrating draw.
Or maybe all those chances will actually be taken in the first twenty minutes ...

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:25 - Feb 5 with 8746 viewsdameedna

Derby have started showing some attacking intent.

Stoke though are not very good.

Fancy a big win finally, no injuries and the start of our push for automatic promotion.

We have three new players who should be jellying and I would like to see Dhanda get some well earned game time.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 22:04 - Feb 5 with 8644 viewslonglostjack

Derby have their tails up and could do a Norwich and make the playoffs after a lousy start. Still reckon it’ll be 2-0 Swans though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 08:09 - Feb 6 with 8443 viewsTimTtam

I'm hoping for a 5-0 win, with Rooney being sent off in the 32nd minute.

In reality, we'll draw 1-1 if we're lucky.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:57 - Feb 6 with 8197 viewsMrSwerve

I haven't really been paying attention to the table the last few weeks as it's changing constantly...I was surprised to see that Derby are below us with all of the hype etc around them.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:04 - Feb 6 with 8129 viewsCaptain_Sham

Where did they find the absolute moron who was asking the questions in the press conference?

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:15 - Feb 6 with 8137 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 16:57 - Feb 6 by MrSwerve

I haven't really been paying attention to the table the last few weeks as it's changing constantly...I was surprised to see that Derby are below us with all of the hype etc around them.

They were having a shocker of a season finding it hard to adapt to life without last season's star loan players. The drink driving incident didn't help.

4 wins and a draw in their last 6 shows they're turning it around and shot up the table. But they haven't won away since the opening day.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:17 - Feb 6 with 8132 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:15 - Feb 6 by jasper_T

They were having a shocker of a season finding it hard to adapt to life without last season's star loan players. The drink driving incident didn't help.

4 wins and a draw in their last 6 shows they're turning it around and shot up the table. But they haven't won away since the opening day.

We all know what that means then.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:39 - Feb 6 with 8101 viewsperplex

I have come to the conclusion that we will only get something if the opponents do not play to the best of there ability, if they do I just don't think were good enough to get anything out of these games sadly.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:51 - Feb 6 with 7897 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:17 - Feb 6 by ploppy

We all know what that means then.

Yep, lump on them to win.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 08:07 - Feb 7 with 7682 viewsdlr2006

Any idea how many fans they are bringing? I'm sure I read around 1,200 at the start of the week
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 15:29 - Feb 7 with 7495 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:51 - Feb 6 by Fireboy2

Yep, lump on them to win.

Have they any ex Swans player ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 17:00 - Feb 7 with 7444 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 15:29 - Feb 7 by Flashberryjack

Have they any ex Swans player ?

We've been paying Rooney's wages for the last 18 months if that counts...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:09 - Feb 7 with 7391 viewssainthelens

Forgot about Rooney tmrw. Reminds me, I need to pick up some shredded wheat.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 18:18 - Feb 7 with 7384 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 17:00 - Feb 7 by Swanjaxs

We've been paying Rooney's wages for the last 18 months if that counts...

Rooney to score then...lump on.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 19:41 - Feb 7 with 7326 viewsleighton1318

Great picture at the top of the thread!
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 20:48 - Feb 7 with 7265 viewsOldjack

Please keep them under control ffs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:39 - Feb 7 with 7215 viewsTNT

I don't expect tomorrow to be easy, but always hopeful of a home win.

I'm excited that our young manager has brought in three promising youngsters, that he's worked with and had success with at the highest level in their age bracket in the recent past, which strengthens / will strengthen the spine of our team. It's our future.

Memories of Leon coming to The Swans in Div 4 / Lge 2 from West Ham and staying, fills me with hope that at least one of them may do the same. If they go on to achieve the same as Leon for The Swans, our future looks good.

Many criticise our young manager, and I get it. He's got things wrong - hopefully he learns. He won't get everything right. How good a manager might he become for us in two, five years time? I'd rather support him through his time here, than change it again. It could be the beginning of something good. We used to be known as knowledgeable fans, who understand and are patient, in the lower leagues and during our rise to the top flight. We've lost our way as fans too, less so those who grew up in Div 4 / Lge 2, it has to be said.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 7 with 7200 viewsmajorraglan

Decent result up in Bristol tonight, a win tomorrow will have the Swans back within a point of the Play off places. 3 points please.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:01 - Feb 7 with 7125 viewspencoedjack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:39 - Feb 7 by TNT

I'm excited that our young manager has brought in three promising youngsters, that he's worked with and had success with at the highest level in their age bracket in the recent past, which strengthens / will strengthen the spine of our team. It's our future.

Memories of Leon coming to The Swans in Div 4 / Lge 2 from West Ham and staying, fills me with hope that at least one of them may do the same. If they go on to achieve the same as Leon for The Swans, our future looks good.

Many criticise our young manager, and I get it. He's got things wrong - hopefully he learns. He won't get everything right. How good a manager might he become for us in two, five years time? I'd rather support him through his time here, than change it again. It could be the beginning of something good. We used to be known as knowledgeable fans, who understand and are patient, in the lower leagues and during our rise to the top flight. We've lost our way as fans too, less so those who grew up in Div 4 / Lge 2, it has to be said.

Great post 👍
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:28 - Feb 7 with 7100 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 21:39 - Feb 7 by TNT

Surely "knowledgeable fans" react to what they're seeing on the pitch, not just clap along because even when it's bad "it could be the beginning of something good" and sacking another bad manager would make people sad?

"If they go on to achieve the same as Leon for The Swans, our future looks good." Low expectations then, eh.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:42 - Feb 7 with 7085 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:28 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

Surely "knowledgeable fans" react to what they're seeing on the pitch, not just clap along because even when it's bad "it could be the beginning of something good" and sacking another bad manager would make people sad?

"If they go on to achieve the same as Leon for The Swans, our future looks good." Low expectations then, eh.

Knowledgeable fans understand where we are, ie not in a good place after relegation, but trying to make the best of it. If you were on our journey from the Hull game to where we are, you'll understand what I'm saying - if not fk off.

If you think emulating Leon's contribution to The Swans is 'low expectation', then fk right off.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 00:43 - Feb 8 with 7049 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 23:42 - Feb 7 by TNT

Knowledgeable fans understand where we are, ie not in a good place after relegation, but trying to make the best of it. If you were on our journey from the Hull game to where we are, you'll understand what I'm saying - if not fk off.

If you think emulating Leon's contribution to The Swans is 'low expectation', then fk right off.

Let me write that more clearly for you, then. You're suggesting that our future will look good if the three loan players turn out to "achieve the same as Leon for The Swans", which is a ridiculously high expectation to have for them, and a terrible metric to judge where we are as a football club right now. It's a fantasy.

If you ignore everything between the Hull game and now I'm sure it looks good, yeah. Forget that less than 12 months ago we were a pleasure to watch, on a terrific run of home form and by rights should have beaten Man City. Under Cooper we haven't beaten a top half side since Cardiff in October.
The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 09:49 - Feb 8 with 6863 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Derby County Match Thread on 00:43 - Feb 8 by jasper_T

Let me write that more clearly for you, then. You're suggesting that our future will look good if the three loan players turn out to "achieve the same as Leon for The Swans", which is a ridiculously high expectation to have for them, and a terrible metric to judge where we are as a football club right now. It's a fantasy.

If you ignore everything between the Hull game and now I'm sure it looks good, yeah. Forget that less than 12 months ago we were a pleasure to watch, on a terrific run of home form and by rights should have beaten Man City. Under Cooper we haven't beaten a top half side since Cardiff in October.

Thanks for the dose of realism. Despite all of the financial constraints we find ourselves manacled to we have done well on the face of it. But the football is very poor, we're among the lowest scorers in the league and even though Cooper has brought in some very good players on loan he's still got his fingers jammed firmly in his ears over George Byers.

His judgement is called into question picking him week in week out when he has one half decent performance in ten. What kind of signal does that send to the other players who will play, have a decent game then get dumped back in the freezer?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024