Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accounts are out 13:10 - Feb 7 with 18893 viewsDr_Winston

Feel free to believe or not. FWIW it's broadly what I was expecting. James & McBurnie sales gave us some breathing space.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-confirm-latest-accounts

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Accounts are out on 13:18 - Feb 7 with 9269 viewsBadlands

I see the Americans have striped millions from ... oh hang on!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Accounts are out on 13:22 - Feb 7 with 9254 viewspembsjack

Am I right in reading that if mcburnie transfer was included in that we would have broke a profit?
Accounts are out on 13:51 - Feb 7 with 9144 viewsandrew

Accounts are out on 13:22 - Feb 7 by pembsjack

Am I right in reading that if mcburnie transfer was included in that we would have broke a profit?

Correct, but the McBurnie sale was to cover our a$$ this season.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Accounts are out on 14:15 - Feb 7 with 9086 viewsjacabertawe

"It’s very easy to get to a very large number when considering the cost to the club in terms of transfer fees and wages of those players who have made little contribution to on-field performance over that period."

Wonder who this is a dig at?! And I don't include the overpaid, underperforming players.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Accounts are out on 14:21 - Feb 7 with 9065 viewsmonmouth

Accounts are out on 14:15 - Feb 7 by jacabertawe

"It’s very easy to get to a very large number when considering the cost to the club in terms of transfer fees and wages of those players who have made little contribution to on-field performance over that period."

Wonder who this is a dig at?! And I don't include the overpaid, underperforming players.

I can’t even begin to imagine.

Can you?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Accounts are out on 14:33 - Feb 7 with 9018 viewsjasper_T

You can see why the owners were so desperate to sell DJ (and the others in January). Would've looked a lot worse.
Accounts are out on 14:33 - Feb 7 with 9015 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Nothing to see yet just a bit of PR.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Accounts are out on 14:41 - Feb 7 with 8991 viewsLord_Bony

Accounts are out on 14:33 - Feb 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

Nothing to see yet just a bit of PR.

Our football club is just like any other business.

It is wise to show on the accounting sheets as little profit as possible so we pay far less tax.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Accounts are out on 14:48 - Feb 7 with 8964 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Accounts are out on 14:41 - Feb 7 by Lord_Bony

Our football club is just like any other business.

It is wise to show on the accounting sheets as little profit as possible so we pay far less tax.

True and the filed accounts which are not available yet are only a summary the detail you need to understand the business underlies the statutory returns.

Accounts are out on 14:48 - Feb 7 with 8957 viewsCooperman

All in all I am pleasantly surprised at the result as I expected losses of at least double figures even after taking the sale of DJ into account. The next level of analysis via the publications on Companies House will be interesting as it might give some further clues to operational costs.

We are by no means clear of risk of financial ruin despite what some might perceive to be a £20m Oli head start in this FY. The salaries of Baston, Carrol, Nordfelt (all for 6 month) and Ayew will eat a lot of that up. On the flip side it seems that there is some margin that allows Cat 1 status at the academy to remain in place.

The $64m question is what would we find out of the Trust had the right level of access to the accounts.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Accounts are out on 14:56 - Feb 7 with 8925 viewsDarran

A good friend of mine has met Birch a few times and thinks he’s a right oily cuÅ„t and he wouldn’t trust him an inch.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Accounts are out on 15:06 - Feb 7 with 8886 viewsNotLoyal

Accounts are out on 13:18 - Feb 7 by Badlands

I see the Americans have striped millions from ... oh hang on!

You need to wait for a bit more info than a PR exercise.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Accounts are out on 15:11 - Feb 7 with 8868 viewsKGriz16

Actual on paper facts and people still theorize that it's all a conspiracy against the fans and club, can't win.
Accounts are out on 15:21 - Feb 7 with 8831 viewsDarran

Accounts are out on 15:11 - Feb 7 by KGriz16

Actual on paper facts and people still theorize that it's all a conspiracy against the fans and club, can't win.

Birch rarely speaks to the owners but the communication he has with them is always positive and supportive.

Makes sense to someone I suppose!

Accounts are out on 15:30 - Feb 7 with 8801 viewsBadlands

Accounts are out on 14:56 - Feb 7 by Darran

A good friend of mine has met Birch a few times and thinks he’s a right oily cuÅ„t and he wouldn’t trust him an inch.

I've met him a few times and thank he's decent enough.
So far everything he has said he's stuck to.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Accounts are out on 15:32 - Feb 7 with 8800 viewsDr_Winston

Accounts are out on 14:56 - Feb 7 by Darran

A good friend of mine has met Birch loads of times and is pretty impressed by him. Go figure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Accounts are out on 15:40 - Feb 7 with 8773 viewsKGriz16

Accounts are out on 15:21 - Feb 7 by Darran

Birch rarely speaks to the owners but the communication he has with them is always positive and supportive.

Makes sense to someone I suppose!

He doesn't often speak to them, but when he does its positive? I don't see how that's difficult to interpret.
Accounts are out on 15:51 - Feb 7 with 8745 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Accounts are out on 15:40 - Feb 7 by KGriz16

He doesn't often speak to them, but when he does its positive? I don't see how that's difficult to interpret.

No, I personally would prefer a bit more interest, enthusiasm, ambition, committment, investment etc. But we are where we are.

Accounts are out on 15:52 - Feb 7 with 8740 viewsKGriz16

Accounts are out on 15:51 - Feb 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

No, I personally would prefer a bit more interest, enthusiasm, ambition, committment, investment etc. But we are where we are.

Why? Most of the fan base despise them. I would have thought most owners are vacant in the case of a football club. I don't see why ours should be any more special. I agree with your point on investment. Other than that, no thanks.
Accounts are out on 15:56 - Feb 7 with 8719 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Accounts are out on 15:52 - Feb 7 by KGriz16

Why? Most of the fan base despise them. I would have thought most owners are vacant in the case of a football club. I don't see why ours should be any more special. I agree with your point on investment. Other than that, no thanks.

Well with other income streams fading the fans are increasingly important customers. If you have s positive plan for the club the least you can do is be positive about it for your own interests.

Accounts are out on 16:24 - Feb 7 with 8636 viewsDarran

Accounts are out on 15:40 - Feb 7 by KGriz16

You remind me of Oldjack when he reckoned Huw Jenkins should have had a knighthood because the MBE wasn’t enough,gullible twát.

Accounts are out on 16:36 - Feb 7 with 8603 viewsTenbySwan

Where has all the money gone?

Yet again we are given selective accounts.

Mushroom management. (Keep them in the dark and sh!t all over them)

How much money has gone over the pond? We deserve to be told.

Does anyone think that Kaplan, Levien and the rag tag and bobtail bunch have had nothing back?

The whole thing stinks.
Accounts are out on 16:57 - Feb 7 with 8529 viewsAngelRangelQS

Accounts are out on 16:36 - Feb 7 by TenbySwan

Where has all the money gone?

Yet again we are given selective accounts.

Mushroom management. (Keep them in the dark and sh!t all over them)

How much money has gone over the pond? We deserve to be told.

Does anyone think that Kaplan, Levien and the rag tag and bobtail bunch have had nothing back?

The whole thing stinks.

Where has the money gone?

- Transfer fees on absolute crap
- Bony’s ridiculous wages - £80,000 a year is over £4m
- Ayew’s ridiculous wages - as above
- Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, Nordfeldt, Carroll, Baston, VDH probably on at least £7m or £8m a year between them. Fer, Olsson... you can probably call that another £2m
- Paying the other 20odd players on the books
- Paying for the academy
- Manager and coaching staff costs
- The general costs of running a business of our size.

Not sure why people have such a tough time believing the money hasn’t gone somewhere suspicious
Accounts are out on 17:09 - Feb 7 with 8491 viewsBillyChong

I clicked that expecting to access some sort of accounting document not a pretty pointless club generated statement.
Accounts are out on 17:11 - Feb 7 with 8484 viewsDr_Winston

Accounts are out on 16:57 - Feb 7 by AngelRangelQS

Where has the money gone?

- Transfer fees on absolute crap
- Bony’s ridiculous wages - £80,000 a year is over £4m
- Ayew’s ridiculous wages - as above
- Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, Nordfeldt, Carroll, Baston, VDH probably on at least £7m or £8m a year between them. Fer, Olsson... you can probably call that another £2m
- Paying the other 20odd players on the books
- Paying for the academy
- Manager and coaching staff costs
- The general costs of running a business of our size.

Not sure why people have such a tough time believing the money hasn’t gone somewhere suspicious

People will accept no other explanation than money being taken abroad. Pointless arguing otherwise with them at this point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024