Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accounts are out 13:10 - Feb 7 with 17848 viewsDr_Winston

Feel free to believe or not. FWIW it's broadly what I was expecting. James & McBurnie sales gave us some breathing space.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-confirm-latest-accounts

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Accounts are out on 23:37 - Feb 7 with 1868 viewslonglostjack

In the process of being filed at Companies House ? Begs the question of why the rush to go public with a selective PR version ?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 23:45]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Accounts are out on 00:10 - Feb 8 with 1823 viewsexiledclaseboy

Accounts are out on 20:06 - Feb 7 by PentyrchJack

Birch should publish the accounts on the club website in the interests of transparency. He won't because they want to hide amortisation and interest charged to the accounts.

They'll be published on Companies House’s website.

Poll: Tory leader

Accounts are out on 00:22 - Feb 8 with 1823 viewsNotLoyal

Accounts are out on 19:06 - Feb 7 by magicdaps10

What worries me here, Leon Britton.

Got him to make the statement about buying players in the summer and now this...... More cuts needed.

Looks like they have hung him out to dry.........as I expected.

He needs to have a look at his own intelligence levels if he believed a word of it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Accounts are out on 00:42 - Feb 8 with 1816 viewsdobjack2

Accounts are out on 21:44 - Feb 7 by majorraglan

Good film that. These brothers were radio rental.

Midfield would be interesting with the Hanson brothers in it. Well for about 5 minutes anyway.

Mind you Dave “killer” Carlson would be an upgrade on our midfield.
Accounts are out on 00:46 - Feb 8 with 1814 viewsjasper_T

Accounts are out on 23:37 - Feb 7 by longlostjack

In the process of being filed at Companies House ? Begs the question of why the rush to go public with a selective PR version ?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 23:45]

Pretty much every club does it. Imagine the pandemonium on here if the accounts appeared on Companies House without them having said anything. What are they hiding them for!?!
Accounts are out on 06:56 - Feb 8 with 1760 viewsblackpooljack

If, as Birch admits this season is shìt or bust (so to speak ) with regards to promotion why the fùck didn't we spend a little money and get a decent midfielder in.?
Accounts are out on 07:00 - Feb 8 with 1759 viewsSwanDownUnder

Accounts are out on 15:06 - Feb 7 by NotLoyal

You need to wait for a bit more info than a PR exercise.

Please tell us , after you sell your seat next to Phil Sumbler?
Accounts are out on 07:13 - Feb 8 with 1746 viewsSwanDownUnder

Like Stu our trust director has been with Birch all along, NotLoyal is a friend of the Trust and Cooze who f*ckef us over.... so I’d take anything he says with a pinch SCSA salt , this will be on Swansea twitter in a bit so Darren can bring it up
Login to get fewer ads

Accounts are out on 07:15 - Feb 8 with 1745 viewsSwanDownUnder

Accounts are out on 17:48 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Nothing.

Haha the guy is a moron, I mean I know I’m crazy but wow.
Accounts are out on 09:27 - Feb 8 with 1658 viewsDr_Winston

Accounts are out on 06:56 - Feb 8 by blackpooljack

If, as Birch admits this season is shìt or bust (so to speak ) with regards to promotion why the fùck didn't we spend a little money and get a decent midfielder in.?

That's not what he said though. That we've already publically committed approx £3m to keep the Academy open next season suggests the opposite in fact.

The whole thing just underlines what some already think and have been saying all along. The club had no realistic option but to slash costs upon relegation otherwise we'd have debts that would rival Bolton. Until the last of the PL contract players have gone (or renegotiated) we will continue to face tricky decisions.

However, the sales of James and McBurnie have taken a considerable amount of pressure off. We're not out of the woods yet, but we're in a much better position than we could have been.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Accounts are out on 09:58 - Feb 8 with 1622 viewsNeath_Jack

Accounts are out on 22:19 - Feb 7 by Darran

Well many of them have been named as investing in Swansea City in the past and if they have no idea through statements/correspondence etc of where their money has been invested there’s something chronically wrong with them,if they aren’t receiving statements/correspondence etc of where their money has been invested there’s also fraud being committed.

Dar, these people are not just your average rich Joe, with a few bob mind. These are multi millionaires, with probably tens of millions invested in a shedfull of speculative investments. Some pay off, some don't. They won't have lost their entire investment, although they'll definitely be in the minus column. They'll all have big investment portfolios, some they'll win, some they'll lose, that's how it works.

Do you expect them to be on the blower to Kaplin et al, playing f*ck? That's not how it works mun.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Accounts are out on 10:02 - Feb 8 with 1613 viewsblackpooljack

Accounts are out on 09:27 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

That's not what he said though. That we've already publically committed approx £3m to keep the Academy open next season suggests the opposite in fact.

The whole thing just underlines what some already think and have been saying all along. The club had no realistic option but to slash costs upon relegation otherwise we'd have debts that would rival Bolton. Until the last of the PL contract players have gone (or renegotiated) we will continue to face tricky decisions.

However, the sales of James and McBurnie have taken a considerable amount of pressure off. We're not out of the woods yet, but we're in a much better position than we could have been.

He does say that further savings/cuts will have to be made if we dont go up this year ok shìt or bust maybe a bit strong but this maybe our best chance to get back to the Prem for a very long time.
Accounts are out on 10:08 - Feb 8 with 1603 viewsmagicdaps10

Accounts are out on 10:02 - Feb 8 by blackpooljack

He does say that further savings/cuts will have to be made if we dont go up this year ok shìt or bust maybe a bit strong but this maybe our best chance to get back to the Prem for a very long time.

For me, it is not about getting back to the prem.... That is not my aim personally as a fan.

What I want is a honest and decent club who has its best interest at heart... Maybe a bit much to ask of 100% but what we have at present is a long way off what I would be happy with.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Accounts are out on 10:14 - Feb 8 with 1601 viewsDr_Winston

Accounts are out on 10:02 - Feb 8 by blackpooljack

I think Birch tends to err on the side of the worst case scenario, which is fine. It's preferable to some of the bullshit we've been spoon fed in the past. If we were in that much of a mess the Academy would already be gone IMO.

What he doesn't mention is the number of contracts still to expire this summer, which are probably an eight figure saving just in themselves. Definitely one if as expected Ayew leaves too. With the final remaining PP and a wage bill a shadow of the one two years ago we won't be in a bad place. Maybe one more player sale would cover the lot.

As for getting back to the Prem, if we can get the kind of structure in place that he talks about then we'll have just as good a chance as most.

Accounts are out on 10:26 - Feb 8 with 1575 viewsLuther27

Accounts are out on 10:14 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

I think Birch tends to err on the side of the worst case scenario, which is fine. It's preferable to some of the bullshit we've been spoon fed in the past. If we were in that much of a mess the Academy would already be gone IMO.

What he doesn't mention is the number of contracts still to expire this summer, which are probably an eight figure saving just in themselves. Definitely one if as expected Ayew leaves too. With the final remaining PP and a wage bill a shadow of the one two years ago we won't be in a bad place. Maybe one more player sale would cover the lot.

As for getting back to the Prem, if we can get the kind of structure in place that he talks about then we'll have just as good a chance as most.

Well, Cooper started the sales pitch a while ago regarding Rodon.
Accounts are out on 10:27 - Feb 8 with 1576 viewsTimTtam

I would've taken a 7M loss, considering all that has happened recently. As long as we're not making losses of 13M+ then we'll be fine with FFP.

But the fact it's a 7M loss that doesn't include the McBurnie sale (18M without add ons) means we essentially made a profit of 11M. By having the McBurnie money show up in the next set of accounts, it means we'll be set and won't have a large loss next financial year. And we can potentially do the same thing when we sell Rodon, and have the fee show up in the 2021 accounts.

As expected, we're doing fine financially when compared to other Championship clubs. We still have a 15M PP to come, a 20-30M sale of Rodon likely to come, 1.2M in Borja wages saved this half season alone, Ayew will be sold for a fee and we'll lose the 4M wage bill he carries, and excess earners like Dyer, Naughton, VDH, Carrol etc will either leave or get a revised contract with lower wages.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 10:28]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Accounts are out on 10:35 - Feb 8 with 1567 viewsNeath_Jack

Accounts are out on 10:08 - Feb 8 by magicdaps10

For me, it is not about getting back to the prem.... That is not my aim personally as a fan.

What I want is a honest and decent club who has its best interest at heart... Maybe a bit much to ask of 100% but what we have at present is a long way off what I would be happy with.

Very few of those owners about, Stoke have them mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Accounts are out on 10:51 - Feb 8 with 1546 viewsSwanDownUnder

People are obsessed with the premier league, bring back the railway trips!
Accounts are out on 11:34 - Feb 8 with 1520 viewsmonmouth

Accounts are out on 10:27 - Feb 8 by TimTtam

I would've taken a 7M loss, considering all that has happened recently. As long as we're not making losses of 13M+ then we'll be fine with FFP.

But the fact it's a 7M loss that doesn't include the McBurnie sale (18M without add ons) means we essentially made a profit of 11M. By having the McBurnie money show up in the next set of accounts, it means we'll be set and won't have a large loss next financial year. And we can potentially do the same thing when we sell Rodon, and have the fee show up in the 2021 accounts.

As expected, we're doing fine financially when compared to other Championship clubs. We still have a 15M PP to come, a 20-30M sale of Rodon likely to come, 1.2M in Borja wages saved this half season alone, Ayew will be sold for a fee and we'll lose the 4M wage bill he carries, and excess earners like Dyer, Naughton, VDH, Carrol etc will either leave or get a revised contract with lower wages.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 10:28]

That's not how it works unfortunately. We have carried on incurring costs this season (particularly the big contracts) that the McB money and parachute needs to cover. Next year when we can pay proper young player or new recruit wages and a sale of Rodon maybe (ps £20-30m...have you been down the Barossa for a bottle of lunch!), maybe it'll all come together next year. That's where the planning is headed anyway going by everything that's being said. At the end of 2020/21 we may actually have a solid base to build on again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Accounts are out on 14:02 - Feb 8 with 1442 viewsTimTtam

Accounts are out on 11:34 - Feb 8 by monmouth

That's not how it works unfortunately. We have carried on incurring costs this season (particularly the big contracts) that the McB money and parachute needs to cover. Next year when we can pay proper young player or new recruit wages and a sale of Rodon maybe (ps £20-30m...have you been down the Barossa for a bottle of lunch!), maybe it'll all come together next year. That's where the planning is headed anyway going by everything that's being said. At the end of 2020/21 we may actually have a solid base to build on again.

I wasn't aware we were carrying costs over from previous financial years. I believe you, but is there any evidence that backs you up? (ie in the accounts or other statements)

Regardless, that is what the excess cash from sales can be used to cover hopefully. The main goal as you say should be to get costs and the wage bill down to the average Championship level, and then build a team through permanent signings. That way when we have eventual player sales (it will happen), the cash won't be used to cover PL wages. We'll actually be able to use it.

And from what I've seen online, Swansea value Rodon at around 20M. The hope is that if a bidding war starts, one club offers excess of that amount. And don't forget he's contracted until the Summer of 2022.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Accounts are out on 14:30 - Feb 8 with 1416 viewsSwanDownUnder

Accounts are out on 11:34 - Feb 8 by monmouth

I think we know who TimTam is
Accounts are out on 14:36 - Feb 8 with 1409 viewsSwanDownUnder

Ey Loyal so Phil knew bout SCSA, Did you know about the cooze thing too? Cos you all were sitting next to each other?

Yes or no, don't care about you getting bummed in germany.
Accounts are out on 14:45 - Feb 8 with 1403 viewsjasper_T

Accounts are out on 14:02 - Feb 8 by TimTtam

I wasn't aware we were carrying costs over from previous financial years. I believe you, but is there any evidence that backs you up? (ie in the accounts or other statements)

Regardless, that is what the excess cash from sales can be used to cover hopefully. The main goal as you say should be to get costs and the wage bill down to the average Championship level, and then build a team through permanent signings. That way when we have eventual player sales (it will happen), the cash won't be used to cover PL wages. We'll actually be able to use it.

And from what I've seen online, Swansea value Rodon at around 20M. The hope is that if a bidding war starts, one club offers excess of that amount. And don't forget he's contracted until the Summer of 2022.

Yes, there are entries on the accounts on Companies House for debts/credits falling due within 12 months, and beyond that.
Accounts are out on 16:59 - Feb 8 with 1324 viewsSwanDownUnder

Just had a glance, the Americans are robbing usl we should be in the PL! Hi Phil what should I do next? Belfast, sorry Loyal, sorry Not Loyal.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 17:01]
Accounts are out on 17:03 - Feb 8 with 1311 viewsSwanDownUnder

Accounts are out on 17:26 - Feb 7 by TenbySwan

Yes there are those costs.

But we still dont know how much has gone over the pond.

Seeing as you seem to know everything perhaps you could enlighten us?

Oprah had a new pool you thick c*nt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024