Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
South Yorkshire Police Officer Strikes Youngster on His Ginger Head 20:07 - Feb 8 with 7220 viewsjackharris

Match between Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday.

It seems that they can never be trusted...

[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 22:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:35 - Feb 9 with 1349 viewsPacemaker

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 18:20 - Feb 9 by exiledclaseboy

Still no reason for being tw@tted around the head with a truncheon though.

Guidelines introduced in the early 1990’s have always been not to strike above armpit, the only justification for hitting any red zone area would be if you were being attacked and as a final attempt at self defence.

I don’t think anyone has seen the full circumstances behind this assault but I think the guy is going down it does not look in anyway proportionate. It would be a lower option to use CS or taser rather than baton.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:40 - Feb 9 with 1339 viewsDarran

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:35 - Feb 9 by Pacemaker

Guidelines introduced in the early 1990’s have always been not to strike above armpit, the only justification for hitting any red zone area would be if you were being attacked and as a final attempt at self defence.

I don’t think anyone has seen the full circumstances behind this assault but I think the guy is going down it does not look in anyway proportionate. It would be a lower option to use CS or taser rather than baton.

Well said L.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:46 - Feb 9 with 1322 viewsGaryjack

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:29 - Feb 9 by Darran

Perch was bragging about smashing South Wales Miners for Thatcher he also admitted to beating up innocent people for fun.
A massive difference.

I’m just asking what was/had happened before the video started.

Did he really? I'm sure you've got a link to that Dar?
South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:49 - Feb 9 with 1313 viewsDarran

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:46 - Feb 9 by Garyjack

Did he really? I'm sure you've got a link to that Dar?

I can’t find a link he hasn’t been on here for ages I wouldn’t know where to start.

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:58 - Feb 9 with 1288 viewsGaryjack

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:49 - Feb 9 by Darran

I can’t find a link he hasn’t been on here for ages I wouldn’t know where to start.

Oh man! Such a shame, you've always managed to dig up links from posters in the past. I'd have thought Perchies post on that subject would be at the top of your 'saved' list?
South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:59 - Feb 9 with 1287 viewsDarran

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:58 - Feb 9 by Garyjack

Oh man! Such a shame, you've always managed to dig up links from posters in the past. I'd have thought Perchies post on that subject would be at the top of your 'saved' list?

Oh go on then.

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:14 - Feb 9 with 1257 viewsGaryjack

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:59 - Feb 9 by Darran

Oh go on then.

Yep, that's pretty fvcking awful. But still you want to know the reasons why a 16 year old kid gets whacked full force in the head as if there could possibly be some justification for doing so? Think about it.
South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:17 - Feb 9 with 1246 viewsDarran

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:14 - Feb 9 by Garyjack

Yep, that's pretty fvcking awful. But still you want to know the reasons why a 16 year old kid gets whacked full force in the head as if there could possibly be some justification for doing so? Think about it.

I’m just asking what happened before the video started.

Login to get fewer ads

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:26 - Feb 9 with 1232 viewsJacket

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 20:12 - Feb 8 by WarwickHunt

There’s a Greggs in the background - probably took the last sausage roll.

Wouldn't be surprised. Love a Gregg's or McDonalds whilst on duty Coppers don't they.

Must have mouthed off to him or his colleagues is my guess, most coppers are the thinest skinned people going.

Why did he do it? Simple answer, because he could and because he knows he'll get away with it. That's how they view us as football fans. The kind of thing they view as hijinks when it's Rugby fans is viewed as thuggery to be dealt with in the most heavy handed and disproportionate way possible when it's football fans.

You're right Darran, it does matter what he did, but unless he's waving a knife about or going to cause a serious injury without this intervention, it's highly highly unlikely this reaction is warranted.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 22:28]
South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:30 - Feb 9 with 1218 viewsDarran

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:26 - Feb 9 by Jacket

Wouldn't be surprised. Love a Gregg's or McDonalds whilst on duty Coppers don't they.

Must have mouthed off to him or his colleagues is my guess, most coppers are the thinest skinned people going.

Why did he do it? Simple answer, because he could and because he knows he'll get away with it. That's how they view us as football fans. The kind of thing they view as hijinks when it's Rugby fans is viewed as thuggery to be dealt with in the most heavy handed and disproportionate way possible when it's football fans.

You're right Darran, it does matter what he did, but unless he's waving a knife about or going to cause a serious injury without this intervention, it's highly highly unlikely this reaction is warranted.

Yes I’m usually right and if the officer is in the wrong stick him in court and if he’s found guilty sack him and throw him in clink.

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:32 - Feb 9 with 1215 viewsGaryjack

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:17 - Feb 9 by Darran

It matters not. At no time in this thread have you condemned the actions of the Police officer despite the fact that he clearly used unnecessary force against a 16 yr old child. It was clearly an act of sheer brutality, but obviously one that sits fine with you if he may have been acting in an aggressive manner.
South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:33 - Feb 9 with 1205 viewsSwanjaxs

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:26 - Feb 9 by Jacket

It's a heavy blow to the head on a defenseless individual.

GBH in other words.

And ofcourse the PC involved will get a slap on the wrist and be made to undertake some sort of meaningless course as punishment...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:42 - Feb 9 with 1193 viewsHighjack

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 21:29 - Feb 9 by Darran

Perch was bragging about smashing South Wales Miners for Thatcher he also admitted to beating up innocent people for fun.
A massive difference.

I’m just asking what was/had happened before the video started.

Didn’t he beat up a gay man in a toilet for propositioning him after being sent to the toilet specifically to be propositioned by gay men?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:49 - Feb 9 with 1181 viewsDarran

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:32 - Feb 9 by Garyjack

It matters not. At no time in this thread have you condemned the actions of the Police officer despite the fact that he clearly used unnecessary force against a 16 yr old child. It was clearly an act of sheer brutality, but obviously one that sits fine with you if he may have been acting in an aggressive manner.

It’s not my fault I’m not a drama queen.

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:50 - Feb 9 with 1180 viewsDarran

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:42 - Feb 9 by Highjack

Didn’t he beat up a gay man in a toilet for propositioning him after being sent to the toilet specifically to be propositioned by gay men?

It’s lucky Pip Schofield didn’t need a slash.

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:58 - Feb 9 with 1172 viewsPozuelosSideys

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:17 - Feb 9 by Darran

Their defence is already being set up in that post on twitter:

"and an officer being assaulted, sustaining injuries to his stomach and head"..

10 notes says the kid gets done with resisting arrest, assault on police officer and public order offences. The copper will get gardening leave on full pay and a slap on the wrists provided he attends anger management classes or the like.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 23:21 - Feb 9 with 1158 viewsmajorraglan

The footage doesn’t show the build up and it’s hard to see what exactly has happened. The frozen frame with the play icon on it appears to show police woman with what looks like a baton being held up in her right hand, whether she is grappling with the youth it’s hard to make out, but it looks like the male officer has then come charging in with his baton. Some of the police have helmets on, some have baseball caps and some are wearing no head gear. The guys with the helmets would be your riot cops.

I think that with the level of attention this has received, I would have thought the IPCC or whatever they are called these days would be overseeing or investigating this. A head strike should be a no no, the officer should be held to account and asked to justify their actions.
South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 23:28 - Feb 9 with 1150 viewscontroversial_jack

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:33 - Feb 9 by Swanjaxs

It's a heavy blow to the head on a defenseless individual.

GBH in other words.

And ofcourse the PC involved will get a slap on the wrist and be made to undertake some sort of meaningless course as punishment...

Exactly, the police are not supposed to aim for the head, only the limbs
South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 22:13 - Feb 10 with 915 viewsjackharris

South Yorkshire Police Officer Batters Youngster on 23:21 - Feb 9 by majorraglan

The footage doesn’t show the build up and it’s hard to see what exactly has happened. The frozen frame with the play icon on it appears to show police woman with what looks like a baton being held up in her right hand, whether she is grappling with the youth it’s hard to make out, but it looks like the male officer has then come charging in with his baton. Some of the police have helmets on, some have baseball caps and some are wearing no head gear. The guys with the helmets would be your riot cops.

I think that with the level of attention this has received, I would have thought the IPCC or whatever they are called these days would be overseeing or investigating this. A head strike should be a no no, the officer should be held to account and asked to justify their actions.

Most of them are dressed in their riot gear, with their caps on to look ‘normal’ and less intimidating. Their helmets are attached to their Utility belts. Which they will switch to when their is any sign of trouble.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024