Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland 15:51 - Feb 10 with 4961 viewsPegojack

Is the PM a true transport visionary, or a self aggrandising Tory twát full of hot air and bluster?

Opinions, please.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 15:51]
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 3869 viewsexiledclaseboy

Completely impractical and will never happen. Move along, literally nothing to see here.

Poll: Tory leader

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 15:56 - Feb 10 with 3861 viewsleighton1318

PM fast showing himself to be an empty vessel.

Either that or this is a ploy to distract from other more concrete initiatives, eg deportation.
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 15:59 - Feb 10 with 3852 viewsmonmouth

It's a distraction. We'll get lots of this stuff as things turn increasingly shit and he has to bury news.

Fat useless tw*t couldn't build a bridge over the thames.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:06 - Feb 10 with 3834 viewsHighjack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 15:54 - Feb 10 by exiledclaseboy

Completely impractical and will never happen. Move along, literally nothing to see here.

It’s only about fifteen miles at the nearest point. It can be done. Let’s dig up Isengard.

I meant Isembard obviously but I bet Saruman could do it too being a maiar of Aule.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 16:07]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:11 - Feb 10 with 3827 viewslondonlisa2001

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:06 - Feb 10 by Highjack

It’s only about fifteen miles at the nearest point. It can be done. Let’s dig up Isengard.

I meant Isembard obviously but I bet Saruman could do it too being a maiar of Aule.

The one over the Thames was about 500 meters and that hasn’t happened.
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:36 - Feb 10 with 3792 viewsBytholWyn

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 15:56 - Feb 10 by leighton1318

PM fast showing himself to be an empty vessel.

Either that or this is a ploy to distract from other more concrete initiatives, eg deportation.

"Fast showing"?
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:43 - Feb 10 with 3779 viewsladyjack

Scottish and Irish laughing at the English prime minister, the main man in the Republic has previously said go ahead but we are not paying, lol.
The costs will be astronomical and the Northern Irish and the Scottish may well breakaway from the UK decades and decades before the bridge is even paid for.
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:48 - Feb 10 with 3769 viewsHighjack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:11 - Feb 10 by londonlisa2001

The one over the Thames was about 500 meters and that hasn’t happened.

I think Tom Bombadil was responsible for that one.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:49 - Feb 10 with 3769 viewsKilkennyjack

Dead cat.

Beware of the Risen People

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:49 - Feb 10 with 3765 viewsDarran

Bring back the Swansea to Cork Ferry.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:51 - Feb 10 with 3754 viewsHighjack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:49 - Feb 10 by Darran

Bring back the Swansea to Cork Ferry.

Completely agree. But only if they bring back the Cork to Swansea ferry as well.

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:55 - Feb 10 with 3742 viewsPegojack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:06 - Feb 10 by Highjack

Only 15 miles wide, but 300 metres deep in the middle and filled with unexploded WW2 ordnance.
The supporting piers would need to be the height of the Eiffel Tower just to break the surface.
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 17:11 - Feb 10 with 3717 viewsladyjack

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheScotsman/status/1210145072106409985
The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 18:58 - Feb 10 with 3641 viewsBrynCartwright

The chances of this happening are even more remote than HS2 coming in at under £100 mill.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 19:53 - Feb 10 with 3581 viewsLohengrin

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:55 - Feb 10 by Pegojack

Only 15 miles wide, but 300 metres deep in the middle and filled with unexploded WW2 ordnance.
The supporting piers would need to be the height of the Eiffel Tower just to break the surface.

Tremendous. I love all that, civil engineering on the grand scale.

I was reading recently about plans formulated in the ‘30s, Keynes had a hand in them, for the reclamation of The Wash. That would have been an absolutely monumental undertaking that would have produced an enormous acreage of rich, fertile land and hundreds of thousands of jobs for a generation gripped by the Great Depression sorely in need of them. It came to nothing, of course: dithering and timidity, the hallmark of the Parliamentary system, moved at the customary snail’s pace and the golden opportunity was lost.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:34 - Feb 10 with 3529 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 19:53 - Feb 10 by Lohengrin

Tremendous. I love all that, civil engineering on the grand scale.

I was reading recently about plans formulated in the ‘30s, Keynes had a hand in them, for the reclamation of The Wash. That would have been an absolutely monumental undertaking that would have produced an enormous acreage of rich, fertile land and hundreds of thousands of jobs for a generation gripped by the Great Depression sorely in need of them. It came to nothing, of course: dithering and timidity, the hallmark of the Parliamentary system, moved at the customary snail’s pace and the golden opportunity was lost.

Fifty years ago they said a tunnel under the English channel was unachievable and a pipe dream.

150 years ago they said building the Severn tunnel was impossible.

The oresund bridge and tunnels linking sweden and Denmark was another magnificent engineering triumph.

If you don't have vision and imagination nothing ever gets done.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:37 - Feb 10 with 3521 viewsHighjack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:34 - Feb 10 by felixstowe_jack

Fifty years ago they said a tunnel under the English channel was unachievable and a pipe dream.

The oresund bridge and tunnels linking sweden and Denmark was another magnificent engineering triumph.

I’m with you on that one. Imagine being in ancient Egypt:

“Oh mush, we gonna build these bloody pyramids or what butt?”

“No, butt. They said on planetswans it can’t be done like.”

“F*ck it then.”

“Pub?”

“Pub.”

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:42 - Feb 10 with 3508 viewsFlashberryjack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:34 - Feb 10 by felixstowe_jack

Just a stick to beat the hated one mate...if Starmer or Corbyn suggested it they'd be singing a different song.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:51 - Feb 10 with 3496 viewsNeath_Jack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 16:55 - Feb 10 by Pegojack

Sky hooks.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:51 - Feb 10 with 3493 viewsKilkennyjack

Maybe this is all fake news ....

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:53 - Feb 10 with 3488 viewsBrynCartwright

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:37 - Feb 10 by Highjack

I’m with you on that one. Imagine being in ancient Egypt:

“Oh mush, we gonna build these bloody pyramids or what butt?”

“No, butt. They said on planetswans it can’t be done like.”

“F*ck it then.”

“Pub?”

“Pub.”

I'm all for optimistic, great and inspiring engineering projects like Concorde, the Channel Tunnel, and, of course, the wondrous revitalisation of the Kingsway.

There is a very real upwelling of national and international pride that can inspire generations of school-children to work towards the advancement of man-kind.

However, unlike the best engineering examples from history, any bridge to Ireland simply does not conform, as there is no realistic need for it. Ireland has a tiny population, with an economy to match. What are the reasons for spending a lot of cash on something that is not required?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:59 - Feb 10 with 3473 viewslonglostjack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:53 - Feb 10 by BrynCartwright

I'm all for optimistic, great and inspiring engineering projects like Concorde, the Channel Tunnel, and, of course, the wondrous revitalisation of the Kingsway.

There is a very real upwelling of national and international pride that can inspire generations of school-children to work towards the advancement of man-kind.

However, unlike the best engineering examples from history, any bridge to Ireland simply does not conform, as there is no realistic need for it. Ireland has a tiny population, with an economy to match. What are the reasons for spending a lot of cash on something that is not required?

Just a PR gag Bryn. Probably Cummings’ idea to reinforce a sense of optimism. Now that we’re free from the shackles of the EU anything is possible and it’ll be discussed in pubs up and down the land. Meanwhile in the real world .....

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 22:01 - Feb 10 with 3469 viewsKilkennyjack

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 21:53 - Feb 10 by BrynCartwright

Desperate attempt to save the almost ‘dead’ union .... ?

Cant think of any other reason - maybe comedy ?

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 22:08 - Feb 10 with 3462 viewsSwanjaxs

Already been done...

Fionn Mac Cumhaill and Benandonner saw to that 🇮🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

If you know your history.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The 'Boris' bridge from Scotland to N Ireland on 10:07 - Feb 11 with 3333 viewsWarwickHunt

What does Andrew Colwill reckon?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024