Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irish election 16:38 - Feb 10 with 3338 viewsladyjack

Great news coming from Ireland, Sinn Fein have topped the poll for first choice picks, although they might not end up with the most seats due to not fielding as many candidates as the big two parties, it's possible game changer for the future of Ireland and the UK.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 16:54]
Irish election on 16:38 - Feb 19 with 556 viewsLohengrin

Irish election on 16:36 - Feb 19 by Kilkennyjack

Bit like the Boris landslide then ...?

UK had 67% turn out, and less than half of that actually voted for Johnsons toxic Brexit.

Ireland will be having a border poll.
The people in the north voted to stay in the EU.
Now they get their chance.
It will be a people’s landslide victory for a united Ireland.

You’re sleepwalking.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Irish election on 16:43 - Feb 19 with 552 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish election on 16:38 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

You’re sleepwalking.

Its the will of the people.

As inevitable as day following night.

Brexit simply brought the timeline forward.

Beware of the Risen People

Irish election on 16:50 - Feb 19 with 546 viewsmagicdaps10

Irish election on 16:43 - Feb 19 by Kilkennyjack

I hope you get it but I really hope you don't get the fall out from it....not 100% of the people will want it and that will be enough to ignite the troubles once more guaranteed.

And who will you blame when the inevitable happens!?

Peace is far more important than a United Republic..... Peace is paramount, a United Ireland is not.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Irish election on 16:54 - Feb 19 with 539 viewsKilkennyjack

Irish election on 16:50 - Feb 19 by magicdaps10

I hope you get it but I really hope you don't get the fall out from it....not 100% of the people will want it and that will be enough to ignite the troubles once more guaranteed.

And who will you blame when the inevitable happens!?

Peace is far more important than a United Republic..... Peace is paramount, a United Ireland is not.

I do agree, lasting peace is the prize.

I hope a prosperous north, in the EU, will deliver that lasting peace.

No doubt the EU and the US will invest in the peace.

Beware of the Risen People

Irish election on 19:10 - Feb 19 with 500 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irish election on 10:07 - Feb 19 by magicdaps10

My wife is from Donegal, the family still live over there, my sister in law and her husband both gardai in Sligo..... They are worried by this Sinn Fein popularity......come about with promises of affordable housing and being voted for by youngsters.

Ireland and its people are the best at doing ignorance, quick to put praise on the Republic and quicker to knock England and the countries within the UK.

So in theory, there is a big fear with the Sinn Fein momentum..... A big fear indeed.

I love posts like this, we’ve had this about Ireland and similar on another thread about the USA. Someone knows a few people in a place who hold a particular opinion so extrapolates that opinion across the whole of that country. Outstanding stuff.

Poll: Tory leader

Irish election on 19:45 - Feb 19 with 478 viewsmagicdaps10

Irish election on 19:10 - Feb 19 by exiledclaseboy

I love posts like this, we’ve had this about Ireland and similar on another thread about the USA. Someone knows a few people in a place who hold a particular opinion so extrapolates that opinion across the whole of that country. Outstanding stuff.

Yeah mate...... I only know a few people in one place in Ireland and my view is based on that alone.

Luckily I don't know people from offaly, Dublin, Leitrim, Galway, Sligo and so on...... I must get talking to people from these counties before I come to an opinion like I have..

..... Oh wait!

Irish election on 19:52 - Feb 19 with 471 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irish election on 19:45 - Feb 19 by magicdaps10

Yeah mate...... I only know a few people in one place in Ireland and my view is based on that alone.

Luckily I don't know people from offaly, Dublin, Leitrim, Galway, Sligo and so on...... I must get talking to people from these counties before I come to an opinion like I have..

..... Oh wait!

How many people in Ireland have you had this conversation with since Sinn Fein won the election? Ten? 20? More? Less?

Irish election on 20:03 - Feb 19 with 453 viewsmagicdaps10

Irish election on 19:52 - Feb 19 by exiledclaseboy

How many people in Ireland have you had this conversation with since Sinn Fein won the election? Ten? 20? More? Less?

Have you ever heard of social media!?

You do realise that a number of people can discuss in one topic.... A little bit like this forum but you actually know the people personally who are in discussion.

By the way Fianna Fail won the largest number of seats albeit because Mr Martin was re-elected without contest.

My wife is one of three, her late dad is one of 5......... Taking in in-laws, cousins, their partners and uncles and aunties......i have taken in views of well past 20 very easily to answer your fair question.

Login to get fewer ads

Irish election on 20:12 - Feb 19 with 444 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irish election on 20:03 - Feb 19 by magicdaps10

Have you ever heard of social media!?

You do realise that a number of people can discuss in one topic.... A little bit like this forum but you actually know the people personally who are in discussion.

By the way Fianna Fail won the largest number of seats albeit because Mr Martin was re-elected without contest.

My wife is one of three, her late dad is one of 5......... Taking in in-laws, cousins, their partners and uncles and aunties......i have taken in views of well past 20 very easily to answer your fair question.

Ah right. Tidy. The social media echo chamber which is representative of nothing and 20 people.

Sinn Fein got 536,000 votes. To be serious for a moment though I’d imagine many people are concerned at the rise of Sinn Fein. Conversely many more will be delighted at the Fianna Fáil/Gael duopoly being broken. Swing and roundabouts.

Irish election on 23:19 - Feb 19 with 393 viewsPentyrchJack

Irish election on 12:55 - Feb 11 by Lohengrin

It’s all rather like Dorothy closing her eyes and saying “there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home...”

They seem to think if they say it with enough conviction and belief it will begin to rain stardust.

A bit like Cooper saying all the good work in training will turn us around....

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Irish election on 20:50 - Feb 20 with 279 viewsCatullus

Irish election on 16:43 - Feb 19 by Kilkennyjack

Brexit was the will of the people, of those who bothered to vote.

You only agree its the will of the people when they agree with you.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024