Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan 12:30 - Feb 13 with 3041 viewsDarran

What’s the reason for this then?
There’s got to be more to it surely?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 19:30 - Feb 13 with 961 viewstaffpunk

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 13:13 - Feb 13 by Banosswan

The Royal Glam is not long for this world.

Very sad, but inevitable. It seems more down to bad management by the Trust than anything else. My advice to people is not to be ill.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 20:55 - Feb 13 with 911 viewscmajack

I've said it on more than one occasion. Mark Drakeford is a horrible man and our country deserves far better than him at the helm.
Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 21:33 - Feb 13 with 887 viewsCatullus

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 19:16 - Feb 13 by Vincent_Vega

I did and yeah I am still surprised by it. My gut tells me thought that the last GE as an ‘absolute zero’ in results for labour. I’m guessing many have indeed ‘loaned’ their vote to the tories and will take it back on the next round when BOJO’s one nation fails. The only thing that’ll tip Labour over the edge is if they appoint RLB or Thornbury but that’s another topic. I just think it you be grand if these MPs in wales had to actually fight for their seat instead of just turning up knowing they’re getting in.

What if Bojo somehow makes a success of it? A big if I know but if he does he may win over even more Labour voters.
On the other hand, if RLB wins the leadership, even if Bojo fails badly it might just be that Labour and Tory voters look for a new party en masse, or just stop voting!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 21:48 - Feb 13 with 878 viewsProfessor

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 21:33 - Feb 13 by Catullus

What if Bojo somehow makes a success of it? A big if I know but if he does he may win over even more Labour voters.
On the other hand, if RLB wins the leadership, even if Bojo fails badly it might just be that Labour and Tory voters look for a new party en masse, or just stop voting!

Wrong-Daily will not win the Labour leadership. BoJo only has to be successful in part to win again. The only spanner in the works is the impending SNP implosion in Scotland. Wales will be passes over as ever
Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 22:42 - Feb 13 with 845 viewsVincent_Vega

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 21:33 - Feb 13 by Catullus

It is possible yes that he makes a success of it then he’ll deserve the votes but I have my doubts. The big problem is no one in any numbers back the poisonous opposition. It’s really uncharted waters we all tread and it’s great for democracy in the UK. MPs should be fighting for every seat and be held account. Strap yourselves in everyone.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 02:16 - Feb 14 with 803 viewsEbo

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 17:00 - Feb 13 by Catullus

You must have noticed th Tories doubled their seats in Wales at the last GE and recent polls suggest the Tories are very close to Labour in vote share now. Times they may be a changing.

PS< Ebo, who do you think will be in power if we went indy? What massive change will there be? Do you think Plaid will suddenly rule the roost or maybe the Tories will take over? Ot maybe we'd end up with exactly the same idiots in complete control and we can sit back and repent at liesure?

My guess is that it would be a coalition welsh govt like many other independent countries in the EU.

The framework of a parliamentary representative democratic republic - the President is the head of state, while the Prime Minister of Wales would serve as the head of government in a multi-party system. Executive power is exercised by the government. Legislative power is vested in both the government and the parliament. The judiciary is independent of the executive and the legislature.

In 2022 when the real effects of Brexit hit Wales, don't be surprised to see more and more people go from indy skeptic to indy curious.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 2:34]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 02:22 - Feb 14 with 801 viewsEbo

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:37 - Feb 13 by Wingstandwood

Can you please post me links from the Yes Cymru lot, Plaid Cymru lot and others outside of Welsh Labour outraged and disgusted at the recent decision to refuse the desperately required improvement to Welsh transport infrastructure. A decision that brought a reaction of i.e. "This is a dark day for the Welsh economy" from Wales CBI.

After all its the Welsh Independence lot that would be expected to take the reigns in an undemocratic (Labour banned from ruling) independent Wales.

Read my post above. Would you prefer a coalition govt working within the framework outlined for wales only? Or decades and decades of Westminster rule and a Senedd full of shite with no real voice?

Plaid voted 'for' as you can see on that list. The majority of Yes Cymru supporters are Plaid. They have organized a protest march this Saturday in Pontypridd.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 2:33]

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 11:27 - Feb 14 with 716 viewsWingstandwood

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 02:16 - Feb 14 by Ebo

My guess is that it would be a coalition welsh govt like many other independent countries in the EU.

The framework of a parliamentary representative democratic republic - the President is the head of state, while the Prime Minister of Wales would serve as the head of government in a multi-party system. Executive power is exercised by the government. Legislative power is vested in both the government and the parliament. The judiciary is independent of the executive and the legislature.

In 2022 when the real effects of Brexit hit Wales, don't be surprised to see more and more people go from indy skeptic to indy curious.

Aye, a coalition so anti-ambition and so anti-progress they've all decided to sweep the recent denial of desperately required transport infrastructure improvement under the carpet. Not a peep out of them!

Call me picky? But I think the very people/political groups that prefer Wales to sink further into the mud, that prefers its population to suffer the consequences of appalling government are best kept away from any government.

Never mind, they'll distract everyone with patriotic romanticism and Dafydd Iwan video's showing farms, castles, sheep, Eisteddfod clog dancing, coracles and roads with potholes.... That'll really get inward investment and the traffic moving!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 12:31 - Feb 14 with 684 viewsCountyJim

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:46 - Feb 13 by Professor

It never helps if you don't advertise the vacancies (deliberately it would seem)

Is that fact or conspiracy theories
Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 13:10 - Feb 14 with 669 viewsEbo

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 11:27 - Feb 14 by Wingstandwood

Aye, a coalition so anti-ambition and so anti-progress they've all decided to sweep the recent denial of desperately required transport infrastructure improvement under the carpet. Not a peep out of them!

Call me picky? But I think the very people/political groups that prefer Wales to sink further into the mud, that prefers its population to suffer the consequences of appalling government are best kept away from any government.

Never mind, they'll distract everyone with patriotic romanticism and Dafydd Iwan video's showing farms, castles, sheep, Eisteddfod clog dancing, coracles and roads with potholes.... That'll really get inward investment and the traffic moving!

You've offered nothing to my reply apart from anti-welsh rubbish, you really think your beloved Tories would be the progressive answer we all need?

It is people like YOU who are dragging the country down by constantly talking it down.

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 13:37 - Feb 14 with 663 viewsWingstandwood

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 13:10 - Feb 14 by Ebo

You've offered nothing to my reply apart from anti-welsh rubbish, you really think your beloved Tories would be the progressive answer we all need?

It is people like YOU who are dragging the country down by constantly talking it down.

Beloved Tories? I think you'll find that I have praised the likes of Dr Dai Lloyd on this very forum to the hilt on numerous occasions..., I have also praised Peter Law and Llew Smith to the hilt. Cannot remember a Tory getting my praise like that.

You know? Peter Law, Llew Smith and Dai Lloyd who never ever belong/belonged in cloud-cuckoo-land category. Talk the country down?.... FFS, even HTV Wales current affairs talks Wales down i.e. stated that Wales has a 1960's standard transport system. Managed decline and callous devolution neglect to strategically/blatantly keep Wales poor is why the country is being talked down in the first place.

And whatsmore, the Welsh Nats lack of action, concern, ambition, vision on that does rather say a lot....They'd take Wales even further back, full steam ahead with 'Project - New- Albania' albeit with coracles and lots more potholes.

Argus!

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 13:58 - Feb 14 with 642 viewsEbo

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 13:37 - Feb 14 by Wingstandwood

Beloved Tories? I think you'll find that I have praised the likes of Dr Dai Lloyd on this very forum to the hilt on numerous occasions..., I have also praised Peter Law and Llew Smith to the hilt. Cannot remember a Tory getting my praise like that.

You know? Peter Law, Llew Smith and Dai Lloyd who never ever belong/belonged in cloud-cuckoo-land category. Talk the country down?.... FFS, even HTV Wales current affairs talks Wales down i.e. stated that Wales has a 1960's standard transport system. Managed decline and callous devolution neglect to strategically/blatantly keep Wales poor is why the country is being talked down in the first place.

And whatsmore, the Welsh Nats lack of action, concern, ambition, vision on that does rather say a lot....They'd take Wales even further back, full steam ahead with 'Project - New- Albania' albeit with coracles and lots more potholes.

Let's hear your solution then Enstein? Don't tell me - let's stay as we are under Westminsters thumb.

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:20 - Feb 14 with 637 viewsWingstandwood

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 13:58 - Feb 14 by Ebo

Let's hear your solution then Enstein? Don't tell me - let's stay as we are under Westminsters thumb.

I'll give you some Einstein stuff i.e. in the very same way an art teacher keeps a sharp pair of scissors away from a delinquent child with an urge to vandalise. The same should happen with the likes of Adam Price and his merry gang of regressive s regarding force-multiplied power.

Here is another Einstein bit i.e. when a country is offered over a billion Pounds of Westminster money to help progress Wales out of the last century? Do not refuse it... Take the bloody money and bloody well SPEND IT rather than blatantly let Wales rot even further.

Argus!

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:24 - Feb 14 with 632 viewsEbo

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:20 - Feb 14 by Wingstandwood

I'll give you some Einstein stuff i.e. in the very same way an art teacher keeps a sharp pair of scissors away from a delinquent child with an urge to vandalise. The same should happen with the likes of Adam Price and his merry gang of regressive s regarding force-multiplied power.

Here is another Einstein bit i.e. when a country is offered over a billion Pounds of Westminster money to help progress Wales out of the last century? Do not refuse it... Take the bloody money and bloody well SPEND IT rather than blatantly let Wales rot even further.

You are running away from my question. It's people like YOU who keep moaning and DO NOTHING to change things. Why don't you bugger off over the bridge with the rest of the Brexit brigade?

BTW wasn't it Welsh Labour not the 'nats' who refused that money?

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:35 - Feb 14 with 628 viewsWingstandwood

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:24 - Feb 14 by Ebo

You are running away from my question. It's people like YOU who keep moaning and DO NOTHING to change things. Why don't you bugger off over the bridge with the rest of the Brexit brigade?

BTW wasn't it Welsh Labour not the 'nats' who refused that money?

Yep it was indeed Welsh Labour that refused the money, but have you noticed the 'opposition' the alternative to the status quo, do rather seem to be more happy with that. And they're meant to be the very people waiting in the sidelines to take power in an independent Wales.

Argus!

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:56 - Feb 14 with 616 viewsEbo

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:35 - Feb 14 by Wingstandwood

Yep it was indeed Welsh Labour that refused the money, but have you noticed the 'opposition' the alternative to the status quo, do rather seem to be more happy with that. And they're meant to be the very people waiting in the sidelines to take power in an independent Wales.

Plaid are not happy with that at all if that is who you are referring to.

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 15:01 - Feb 14 with 615 viewsWingstandwood

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:56 - Feb 14 by Ebo

Plaid are not happy with that at all if that is who you are referring to.

If so that is absolutely great, any links?

There should be absolute outage at diabolical decision making like that cos if Cardiff-centric Welsh Labour was offered all that money to spend solely in Cardiff, and nothing elsewhere, that money would have have been snatched away with speed of light reaction.

Argus!

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 15:16 - Feb 14 with 607 viewsCatullus

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 02:16 - Feb 14 by Ebo

OK but the problem will still be the people, we will still be choosing from the same people. So that's the useless bunch we have now and the others whom we've rejected. Put them together in a coalition and you think things would be better?

Can you guarantee the framework they'd go for? Maybe they'll spend loads on a public consuktation then just ignore it because they had already decided what they were going to do. Maybe they'll decide to follow the Westminster model and create a Welsh house of Lords and we end up with a tier of unelected placemen/women on silly money?

Truthfully do you trust the current government to create the framework for future governance?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 20:16 - Feb 14 with 541 viewsCatullus

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 12:31 - Feb 14 by CountyJim

Is that fact or conspiracy theories

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/doctor-royal-glamorgan-hospital-claims

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 20:20 - Feb 14 with 539 viewsexiledclaseboy

What money did the Welsh government turn down?

Poll: Tory leader

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 20:28 - Feb 14 with 535 viewsCatullus

https://www.business-live.co.uk/economic-development/no-u-turn-m4-relief-1744147

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 20:37 - Feb 14 with 524 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 20:28 - Feb 14 by Catullus

https://www.business-live.co.uk/economic-development/no-u-turn-m4-relief-1744147

That link doesn’t say that the UK government provided any money or that the Welsh government turned it down.

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 10:51 - Feb 15 with 449 viewsCatullus

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 20:37 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

That link doesn’t say that the UK government provided any money or that the Welsh government turned it down.

Bojo made a verbal offer and Drakeford said that they would not take any extra money from Westminster unless the Senedd decided where it would be spent.
Any attempt by Westminster to give Wales money and tell them where to spend it (in Drakefords opinion) was an attack on devolution.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48881157

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 11:14 - Feb 15 with 440 viewsWingstandwood

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 10:51 - Feb 15 by Catullus

Bojo made a verbal offer and Drakeford said that they would not take any extra money from Westminster unless the Senedd decided where it would be spent.
Any attempt by Westminster to give Wales money and tell them where to spend it (in Drakefords opinion) was an attack on devolution.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48881157

Heard exactly that myself over the airwaves during the Conservative campaign trail.

I was also enlightened to the fact that this relief road (or alternative option?) farce had come with a consultation process and obscene waste of money cost of well over ONE HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS.

But do not worry i.e. the dynamic-doer (NOT!) Mark Drakeford has set up a commission to look at things. Aye, commissions, task-force initiatives and ongoing review processes sure do kick things into the long grass even further whilst Wales sinks even deeper into the mud.

Argus!

Labour vote against A&E at Royal Glamorgan on 14:18 - Feb 15 with 393 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ah I see. A throwaway remark by Johnson when he was looking for leadership votes in Wales and Drakeford quite rightly pointing out that it’s for the Sennedd, not the UK government, to decide how to spend the money allocated to it in the areas devolved to it. So no money has been offered and no money has been turned down. Glad we cleared that one up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024