Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? 16:03 - Feb 13 with 7271 viewsPacemaker

The last two games have been disappointing to say the least however you cannot fault the effort of the players even if their confidence is obviously low.

I have noticed in recent weeks a lot of negativity from some people in the stands and also on this forum. The pundits seem to think that the Swans are punching well above their weight and are 3 points better off than this time late year despite having an inferior squad.

Is the negativity on here and in some sections of the stands uncalled for?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:33 - Feb 13 with 5060 viewsdunvantjack100

The negativity is completely uncalled for. If we win a game, the match day thread is 6 pages... If we lose, it’s 12.

I would have to agree with the pundits, we are punching well above our weight and our young squad is doing exceptionally. Some players in our team are playing their first professional games with us, and being thrown straight into championship football is not easy. The games come thick and fast and the lack of patience is a surprise, considering where we have come from pre our premier league stint.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:45 - Feb 13 with 5043 viewsjasper_T

Pundits are fcking clueless, colour me surprised.

All the Swans reporters putting out stories today echoing what has been said on here for weeks and months.

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:54 - Feb 13 with 5028 viewsDewi1jack

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:33 - Feb 13 by dunvantjack100

The negativity is completely uncalled for. If we win a game, the match day thread is 6 pages... If we lose, it’s 12.

I would have to agree with the pundits, we are punching well above our weight and our young squad is doing exceptionally. Some players in our team are playing their first professional games with us, and being thrown straight into championship football is not easy. The games come thick and fast and the lack of patience is a surprise, considering where we have come from pre our premier league stint.

Trouble is our squad has a very young average age just over 25 yrs old.
It only gets that high because of the 5 players over 30 we have
Yes, if they're old enough they're good enough stands, but I'm sure at one point in the QPR game our average age hit about 20-21 yrs old on the pitch.
Really not enough experience alongside of the young 'uns.

If Cooper can only bring in kids through his contacts in the game, then we're royally screwed.
Needs a couple of older heads in.
Plenty of free agents out there. Surely the board could approach some and see if they're willing to come on a pay as you play.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Fatty Tabanou is on a free
So is Martin Ohlsen and Ki
See.
I mention these as I know this forum has a penchant for previous players

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:54 - Feb 13 with 5029 viewsjack247

It’s human nature. People are naturally more inclined to speak out about negative than positive experiences, you can easily apply that to supporting a football team. There were pockets of it during the Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup periods.

It’s more than justified at the moment though. Cooper even said it’s not for him to judge if we have improved on last season, the implication being we were 3 points better off at the same stage.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:03 - Feb 13 with 5007 viewsblackpooljack

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:54 - Feb 13 by jack247

It’s human nature. People are naturally more inclined to speak out about negative than positive experiences, you can easily apply that to supporting a football team. There were pockets of it during the Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup periods.

It’s more than justified at the moment though. Cooper even said it’s not for him to judge if we have improved on last season, the implication being we were 3 points better off at the same stage.

Ayew has now come out to try and take the heat off his young teammates. The trouble is the flak isnt aimed particularly at the players more at the utter tool whose managing it COOPER OUT.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:06 - Feb 13 with 4997 viewsDarran

If you think Planetswans is negative you want to see Twitter.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:14 - Feb 13 with 4971 viewsNWSwans

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:06 - Feb 13 by Darran

If you think Planetswans is negative you want to see Twitter.

From death threats to Sam Clucas to some tugging themselves to pictures of Freddie Woodman, strange place
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 17:14]
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:18 - Feb 13 with 4956 viewsjasper_T

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:14 - Feb 13 by NWSwans

From death threats to Sam Clucas to some tugging themselves to pictures of Freddie Woodman, strange place
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 17:14]

Isn't the latter the official Swans account?
Login to get fewer ads

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 4952 viewsNWSwans

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:18 - Feb 13 by jasper_T

Isn't the latter the official Swans account?

"Try catching this Freddie" something like that I would imagine
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:38 - Feb 13 with 4909 viewsswancity

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:03 - Feb 13 by blackpooljack

Ayew has now come out to try and take the heat off his young teammates. The trouble is the flak isnt aimed particularly at the players more at the utter tool whose managing it COOPER OUT.

Utter tool ?

Show some respect FFS

Our squad our having a respectable season all things considered. And so is the manager.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:38 - Feb 13 with 4916 viewslifelong

The crap that’s being served up by the club there’s no wonder there’s negativity, people pay good money to watch it and they expect better.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:52 - Feb 13 with 4885 viewsblackpooljack

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:38 - Feb 13 by swancity

Utter tool ?

Show some respect FFS

Our squad our having a respectable season all things considered. And so is the manager.

Don't talk such utter shìte, you want sectioning if you think any part of your post is true.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:55 - Feb 13 with 4870 viewsNotLoyal

I’ve always been positive, but by fck my patience is being tested. The main problem is the huge disappointment after such a great start. That’s why he’s under fire.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:58 - Feb 13 with 4857 viewsFireboy2

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:03 - Feb 13 by blackpooljack

Where did you see that?

Btw good on andre, they are managed by a man who is now showing his inexperience.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 18:01 - Feb 13 with 4864 viewslonglostjack

Maybe we’ve been spoilt by having had some really good managers in recent times. Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup, Guidolin and Potter for example.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 18:05 - Feb 13 with 4855 viewsblackpooljack

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:58 - Feb 13 by Fireboy2

Where did you see that?

Btw good on andre, they are managed by a man who is now showing his inexperience.

On the BBC site my friend. BTW I'm trying my best to sit on my hands bud but after that performance on Tues my pìss is being boiled and there are a couple of posters on here who must have gone to school with Stevie Wonder.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 4824 viewsdobjack2

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:58 - Feb 13 by Fireboy2

Where did you see that?

I can work out what plan B is - keep sticking with plan A whilst making a minimum of changes.

The trouble is I can’t work out what plan A is.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 18:34 - Feb 13 with 4790 viewsCaptain_Sham

Is Planetswans generally a negative forum?

Yes. Its a football forum after all.Nick Hornby nailed it.
"The natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment, no matter what the score."
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 18:37]

Its just a ride.

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 18:55 - Feb 13 with 4765 viewsmajorraglan

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:54 - Feb 13 by jack247

Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 19:25 - Feb 13 with 4725 viewsFireboy2

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 18:05 - Feb 13 by blackpooljack

On the BBC site my friend. BTW I'm trying my best to sit on my hands bud but after that performance on Tues my pìss is being boiled and there are a couple of posters on here who must have gone to school with Stevie Wonder.

I didn't see the game but according to builthy it was the worst game he has seen us play in over 10 years, including the Brad Bobbly and Clement years.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 19:36 - Feb 13 with 4714 viewsthornabyswan

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 18:01 - Feb 13 by longlostjack

Maybe we’ve been spoilt by having had some really good managers in recent times. Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup, Guidolin and Potter for example.

I for one can accept that a young manager starting out will make mistakes.

But what really bugs me is his stubbornness and refusal to change or adapt.

Really hope he is not in charge of the summer rebuild.

May as well get someone in to pick his own players because Cooper will be gone by November anyway its just not working out fukcing clueless.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 19:43]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 19:58 - Feb 13 with 4679 viewsblackpooljack

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 19:25 - Feb 13 by Fireboy2

I didn't see the game but according to builthy it was the worst game he has seen us play in over 10 years, including the Brad Bobbly and Clement years.

He wasn't wrong my friend. What made it worse for me was I didn't watch it live I was watching my daugther at the theatre and had to avoid the score til i got round to my bro's house to watch it " as live " at 10 o'clock my nephew must have been pìssing himself leaving me to enjoy 90 mins of that 'kin dross its 2 hrs of my life i'll never get back.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 20:06]
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 20:06 - Feb 13 with 4652 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:52 - Feb 13 by blackpooljack

Don't talk such utter shìte, you want sectioning if you think any part of your post is true.

Go easy mate. He really can’t help it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 20:08 - Feb 13 with 4644 viewsBrynmill_Jack

And to the OP - NO!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 21:14 - Feb 13 with 4599 viewswestside

It's not just the last two games.

It's hard to figure out what cooper is trying to do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024