Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new Attorney General 08:21 - Feb 14 with 5110 viewsWxmJax

Anyone want to defend her ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Our new Attorney General on 08:38 - Feb 14 with 2660 viewsLohengrin

Why is she wearing the Jacobite white cockade?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Our new Attorney General on 12:41 - Feb 14 with 2549 viewslondonlisa2001

There is a report doing the rounds this morning that she was the chair of governors of a school that made a child whose parents couldn’t afford dinner money fees for the term sit in isolation from other children while receiving smaller rations.

If that is true, even partially true, it suggests someone that shouldn’t be within 10 miles of any public office.

Let’s hope it is not.

Even so, her voting record and public pronouncements indicate a person totally unfit for her new role.

And I do hope that the press who spent months screaming about anti semitism in the Labour Party will look at her quite closely as well.
Our new Attorney General on 12:52 - Feb 14 with 2537 viewsWarwickHunt

If you listen very carefully you can hear the sound of a barrel being scraped...

She makes McVey and Raab sound like heavyweights.
Our new Attorney General on 13:15 - Feb 14 with 2499 viewsWxmJax

Our new Attorney General on 08:38 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

Why is she wearing the Jacobite white cockade?

Because she's trying to throw you off the scent.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Our new Attorney General on 13:21 - Feb 14 with 2481 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 13:15 - Feb 14 by WxmJax

Because she's trying to throw you off the scent.

"As Conservatives, we are engaged in a battle against cultural Marxism"

Dresses like Bonnie Prince Charlie and impersonates Richard Spencer. We could have a bit of sport on here with her for the next eighteen months.

Our new Attorney General on 13:57 - Feb 14 with 2450 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 12:41 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

There is a report doing the rounds this morning that she was the chair of governors of a school that made a child whose parents couldn’t afford dinner money fees for the term sit in isolation from other children while receiving smaller rations.

If that is true, even partially true, it suggests someone that shouldn’t be within 10 miles of any public office.

Let’s hope it is not.

Even so, her voting record and public pronouncements indicate a person totally unfit for her new role.

And I do hope that the press who spent months screaming about anti semitism in the Labour Party will look at her quite closely as well.

” There is a report doing the rounds this morning that she was the chair of governors of a school that made a child whose parents couldn’t afford dinner money fees for the term sit in isolation from other children while receiving smaller rations.”

I haven’t done any digging around that claim but I choose not to believe it, Lis. I just find it unimaginable that anybody could be that rotten.

Our new Attorney General on 14:01 - Feb 14 with 2444 viewsHighjack

I couldn’t afford school dinners. I had to have f*cking jam sandwiches five days a week for twelve years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Our new Attorney General on 14:06 - Feb 14 with 2434 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 14:01 - Feb 14 by Highjack

I couldn’t afford school dinners. I had to have f*cking jam sandwiches five days a week for twelve years.

The breakfast of champions!

Login to get fewer ads

Our new Attorney General on 14:09 - Feb 14 with 2429 viewsHighjack

Fortunately I quite like jam sandwiches.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Our new Attorney General on 14:21 - Feb 14 with 2417 viewslondonlisa2001

Our new Attorney General on 13:57 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

” There is a report doing the rounds this morning that she was the chair of governors of a school that made a child whose parents couldn’t afford dinner money fees for the term sit in isolation from other children while receiving smaller rations.”

I haven’t done any digging around that claim but I choose not to believe it, Lis. I just find it unimaginable that anybody could be that rotten.

I’m afraid it appears that it is true Loh.

The school in question is a ‘free school’, set up by Braverman amongst others, called Michaela School.

There is a piece in the Guardian about it in 2016 and also in the Daily Mail (so both sides, politically).

The Guardian piece, copied below, carries a direct quote from the Head:

“ The head of a London secondary school that places pupils in “lunch isolation” if their parents don’t pay for school meals is unapologetic over the policy, arguing that parents who refuse to pay are betraying their children’s education.

Katharine Birbalsingh, the head of Michaela community school in north-west London who imposed the policy, argued that the children affected were from dysfunctional homes and needed the school’s support.

“Should we charge a poor single mum twice so she can pay for Jonny just because she has a sense of personal responsibility and Jonny’s mother doesn’t?” Birbalsingh said.

“Free school meals looks after the poorest. Even then we have all sorts of systems for people who really are in financial need, and I mean the real ones. I don’t mean the ones who are playing the system, trying to get other poor families to pay for their child’s food.”

The controversy surfaced after the Daily Mail reported that a parent of a pupil received a letter from the school’s deputy head saying: “You are currently £75 overdue. If this full amount is not received within this week your child will be placed in lunch isolation.”

The letter sent in June said that pupils in lunch isolation “will receive a sandwich and a piece of fruit only. They will spend the entire 60-minute period in lunch isolation. Only when the entire outstanding amount is paid in full will they be allowed into family lunch with their classmates.”

Punishing children for the actions of parents seems a perfectly reasonable thing to do in the eyes of our AG it seems. That sort of warped justice will, I’m sure, be a real benefit for her in her new job.
Our new Attorney General on 14:25 - Feb 14 with 2408 viewsWarwickHunt

Our new Attorney General on 14:21 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

The school in question is a ‘free school’, set up by Braverman amongst others, called Michaela School.

There is a piece in the Guardian about it in 2016 and also in the Daily Mail (so both sides, politically).

“ The head of a London secondary school that places pupils in “lunch isolation” if their parents don’t pay for school meals is unapologetic over the policy, arguing that parents who refuse to pay are betraying their children’s education.

Katharine Birbalsingh, the head of Michaela community school in north-west London who imposed the policy, argued that the children affected were from dysfunctional homes and needed the school’s support.

“Should we charge a poor single mum twice so she can pay for Jonny just because she has a sense of personal responsibility and Jonny’s mother doesn’t?” Birbalsingh said.

“Free school meals looks after the poorest. Even then we have all sorts of systems for people who really are in financial need, and I mean the real ones. I don’t mean the ones who are playing the system, trying to get other poor families to pay for their child’s food.”

The controversy surfaced after the Daily Mail reported that a parent of a pupil received a letter from the school’s deputy head saying: “You are currently £75 overdue. If this full amount is not received within this week your child will be placed in lunch isolation.”

The letter sent in June said that pupils in lunch isolation “will receive a sandwich and a piece of fruit only. They will spend the entire 60-minute period in lunch isolation. Only when the entire outstanding amount is paid in full will they be allowed into family lunch with their classmates.”

Punishing children for the actions of parents seems a perfectly reasonable thing to do in the eyes of our AG it seems. That sort of warped justice will, I’m sure, be a real benefit for her in her new job.

Surprised they didn’t hang a big ‘Unclean’ sign around the poor kid’s neck.

Christ on a bike.
Our new Attorney General on 14:25 - Feb 14 with 2404 viewstheloneranger

Our new Attorney General on 12:41 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

Let’s hope it is not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolinejmolloy/status/1227992701779501056

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Our new Attorney General on 14:29 - Feb 14 with 2400 viewstheloneranger

Our new Attorney General on 14:25 - Feb 14 by theloneranger

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolinejmolloy/status/1227992701779501056

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Our new Attorney General on 14:33 - Feb 14 with 2398 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 14:21 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

Oh! dear.

I remember back to my school days and the sort of embarrassed awkwardness kids from less advantaged backgrounds used to exhibit at the till when they presented meal tickets in lieu of payment. Can you just imagine how crushing it must be to be forced to sit apart too? Bloody awful.

Our new Attorney General on 14:43 - Feb 14 with 2375 viewsPegojack

The Tories really are a pile of shyte and Boris's latest cabinet collection of scumbags, liars and hypocrites really are the bottom of the barrel.

Anyone who votes for them ought to hang their head in shame, but they won't, because they crawled out of the same pile.
Our new Attorney General on 14:51 - Feb 14 with 2357 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 14:43 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

The Tories really are a pile of shyte and Boris's latest cabinet collection of scumbags, liars and hypocrites really are the bottom of the barrel.

Anyone who votes for them ought to hang their head in shame, but they won't, because they crawled out of the same pile.

” Anyone who votes for them ought to hang their head in shame, but they won't, because they crawled out of the same pile.”

I don’t think that’s very fair or particularly accurate, Peg. You’d be hard pressed trying to find anybody who would be content with seeing a child treated in that fashion regardless of what box they ticked last December.

Our new Attorney General on 15:13 - Feb 14 with 2336 viewsPegojack

Our new Attorney General on 14:51 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

” Anyone who votes for them ought to hang their head in shame, but they won't, because they crawled out of the same pile.”

I don’t think that’s very fair or particularly accurate, Peg. You’d be hard pressed trying to find anybody who would be content with seeing a child treated in that fashion regardless of what box they ticked last December.

The trouble is, Loh, putting that tick in the box is giving these scumbags carte blanche to behave in that way. People need to think about what they are supporting, not just vote Tory because they think Boris has got nice hair.
Our new Attorney General on 15:20 - Feb 14 with 2324 viewsCatullus

Our new Attorney General on 12:52 - Feb 14 by WarwickHunt

If you listen very carefully you can hear the sound of a barrel being scraped...

She makes McVey and Raab sound like heavyweights.

In fairness McVey is a heavyweight, well more of a dead weight because her head is full of rocks.

Lohengrin, maybe she likes a bit of Cockade?

All that I've heard of her is she has a rep for being quite nasty, no surprises there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our new Attorney General on 15:22 - Feb 14 with 2321 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 15:13 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

The trouble is, Loh, putting that tick in the box is giving these scumbags carte blanche to behave in that way. People need to think about what they are supporting, not just vote Tory because they think Boris has got nice hair.

I saw this the other day and thought of you, Peg. They should never have disturbed Franco’s grave, his ghost is now stalking the land...

Our new Attorney General on 15:33 - Feb 14 with 2295 viewsCatullus

Our new Attorney General on 15:13 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

This is going over old ground now but surely when thousands of Labour voters see Bojo as a better choice than Labour, it says as much about Corbyn as anyone else?

Maybe we'll just have to wait and judge Braverman by her actions in her new job? Maybe I'm just being optimistic and she is obviously going to be a disaster but then, when did being a disaster stop a politician from getting promoted?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Our new Attorney General on 15:34 - Feb 14 with 2293 viewsProfessor

Our new Attorney General on 14:33 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

Oh! dear.

I remember back to my school days and the sort of embarrassed awkwardness kids from less advantaged backgrounds used to exhibit at the till when they presented meal tickets in lieu of payment. Can you just imagine how crushing it must be to be forced to sit apart too? Bloody awful.

Yes it was. I had free school meals 77-82, then again for a few months in 85. Primary was fine as everyone had tickets then-free
Or paid for. Secondary there was a degree of stigma having a dinner ticket and more so having to join a queue to collect from the office on Monday morning breaktime. At least there were about 200 of us in the early 80s. In 6th form (1985) it was hard for a 17 year old to be in that queue.
Our new Attorney General on 15:39 - Feb 14 with 2282 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 15:34 - Feb 14 by Professor

Yes it was. I had free school meals 77-82, then again for a few months in 85. Primary was fine as everyone had tickets then-free
Or paid for. Secondary there was a degree of stigma having a dinner ticket and more so having to join a queue to collect from the office on Monday morning breaktime. At least there were about 200 of us in the early 80s. In 6th form (1985) it was hard for a 17 year old to be in that queue.

They used to look like the old tickets a clippy would roll from his machine on a bus. Yellow one term, green the next, if I’m remembering right?

I can remember the queue to collect them at the office too and again the awkward embarrassment those in line felt as the rest of us filed past. It wasn’t nice.

Our new Attorney General on 15:54 - Feb 14 with 2271 viewsCatullus

Our new Attorney General on 15:39 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

They used to look like the old tickets a clippy would roll from his machine on a bus. Yellow one term, green the next, if I’m remembering right?

I can remember the queue to collect them at the office too and again the awkward embarrassment those in line felt as the rest of us filed past. It wasn’t nice.

There were parents at our sons previous school who revelled in getting free stuff because they are on benefits, only a couple, they wore that badge with pride so you can guess what the kids are like and how they'll probably turn out.

It's an odd world where some people look down on the working parents.

In fairness to the Prof, he came from that background yet look at him now. Did it spur him on to achieve more?

Our new Attorney General on 15:56 - Feb 14 with 2267 viewsPegojack

Our new Attorney General on 15:33 - Feb 14 by Catullus

This is going over old ground now but surely when thousands of Labour voters see Bojo as a better choice than Labour, it says as much about Corbyn as anyone else?

Maybe we'll just have to wait and judge Braverman by her actions in her new job? Maybe I'm just being optimistic and she is obviously going to be a disaster but then, when did being a disaster stop a politician from getting promoted?

WTF has Corbyn got to do with it? There were/are many other choices available on the ballot paper.
Our new Attorney General on 15:58 - Feb 14 with 2258 viewsPegojack

Our new Attorney General on 15:22 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

I saw this the other day and thought of you, Peg. They should never have disturbed Franco’s grave, his ghost is now stalking the land...

Little b*stard needs a good clip round the earhole!

On a related note, went to see JoJo Rabbit last night, highly recommended, although perhaps a little derivative of Wes Anderson for you movie buffs out there..
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 16:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024