Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new Attorney General 08:21 - Feb 14 with 5150 viewsWxmJax

Anyone want to defend her ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Our new Attorney General on 16:36 - Feb 14 with 1160 viewsProfessor

Our new Attorney General on 15:54 - Feb 14 by Catullus

There were parents at our sons previous school who revelled in getting free stuff because they are on benefits, only a couple, they wore that badge with pride so you can guess what the kids are like and how they'll probably turn out.

It's an odd world where some people look down on the working parents.

In fairness to the Prof, he came from that background yet look at him now. Did it spur him on to achieve more?

Strong family work ethic. Single parent family, let down by spineless father. In the end my mother got a well paid job, but was struggle. My brother struggled with school but has a good life as builder. Proud of working class background which gives rise to my belief in equality of opportunity, but also of reward for ability or graft. Suffer badly with imposter syndrome, as most academics come from more privileged backgrounds
Our new Attorney General on 17:54 - Feb 14 with 1096 viewslondonlisa2001

Our new Attorney General on 15:33 - Feb 14 by Catullus

This is going over old ground now but surely when thousands of Labour voters see Bojo as a better choice than Labour, it says as much about Corbyn as anyone else?

Maybe we'll just have to wait and judge Braverman by her actions in her new job? Maybe I'm just being optimistic and she is obviously going to be a disaster but then, when did being a disaster stop a politician from getting promoted?

“ Maybe we'll just have to wait and judge Braverman by her actions in her new job? ”

No. Irrespective of her actions in her new job she has displayed a character that should mean she is unfit for public office in a halfway decent society.
Our new Attorney General on 17:55 - Feb 14 with 1094 viewsCatullus

Our new Attorney General on 16:36 - Feb 14 by Professor

Strong family work ethic. Single parent family, let down by spineless father. In the end my mother got a well paid job, but was struggle. My brother struggled with school but has a good life as builder. Proud of working class background which gives rise to my belief in equality of opportunity, but also of reward for ability or graft. Suffer badly with imposter syndrome, as most academics come from more privileged backgrounds

Hey never have imposter syndrome, to me getting there purely by hard work and determination makes you far more worthy.

I come from a broken home, divored parents, alcoholic mother, largely absent father and for all of my youth and probably up until I was about 27/28 I was plagued by apathy. I know I could have done better but mostly didn't care so I look at you and think brilliant. Teachers tell me my son is very bright and I'm driven to not let him down, to encourage wherever possible and to always be there. Who knows, maybe he will fulfill his ambition to be an architect, he's only 11 so a long way to go.

I just hope our governments don't shaft us again....and again, experience doesn't give me confidence though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our new Attorney General on 18:38 - Feb 14 with 1059 viewsNeath_Jack

Our new Attorney General on 15:39 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

They used to look like the old tickets a clippy would roll from his machine on a bus. Yellow one term, green the next, if I’m remembering right?

I can remember the queue to collect them at the office too and again the awkward embarrassment those in line felt as the rest of us filed past. It wasn’t nice.

I used to have dinner tickets, mid 80's, they were to the value of 55p. No shame or embarrassment attached to having them at all for me, it was what it was. Besides which, there was money to be made on the black market, buying them (normally from smokers), then punting them on for a small profit.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:45]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Our new Attorney General on 18:53 - Feb 14 with 1037 viewsFireboy2

Our new Attorney General on 15:34 - Feb 14 by Professor

Yes it was. I had free school meals 77-82, then again for a few months in 85. Primary was fine as everyone had tickets then-free
Or paid for. Secondary there was a degree of stigma having a dinner ticket and more so having to join a queue to collect from the office on Monday morning breaktime. At least there were about 200 of us in the early 80s. In 6th form (1985) it was hard for a 17 year old to be in that queue.

No embarrassment from me and my mates at dynevor in the 80s as most of us were on free dinners

In fact it was a thriving business in buying and selling
Our new Attorney General on 19:14 - Feb 14 with 1019 viewsexiledclaseboy

Our new Attorney General on 18:38 - Feb 14 by Neath_Jack

I used to have dinner tickets, mid 80's, they were to the value of 55p. No shame or embarrassment attached to having them at all for me, it was what it was. Besides which, there was money to be made on the black market, buying them (normally from smokers), then punting them on for a small profit.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:45]

Ha. You could be me. I had then most of the way through school and can’t remember any particular embarrassment. I went to Clase junior and Penlan comp so a fair chunk of the kids had them given the catchment area. I often used to sell mine to buy fags.

Poll: Tory leader

Our new Attorney General on 19:36 - Feb 14 with 996 viewsNeath_Jack

Our new Attorney General on 19:14 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

Ha. You could be me. I had then most of the way through school and can’t remember any particular embarrassment. I went to Clase junior and Penlan comp so a fair chunk of the kids had them given the catchment area. I often used to sell mine to buy fags.

Yeah the smokers were the best ones to buy from, they were normally the most desperate for the money, so I could pick them up cheaper from them I can't ever remember dinner ticket users ever being given grief for their predicament. Not many people were well off back then, certainly not in the Melin or Briton Ferry.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Our new Attorney General on 19:38 - Feb 14 with 994 viewsexiledclaseboy

Our new Attorney General on 19:36 - Feb 14 by Neath_Jack

Yeah the smokers were the best ones to buy from, they were normally the most desperate for the money, so I could pick them up cheaper from them I can't ever remember dinner ticket users ever being given grief for their predicament. Not many people were well off back then, certainly not in the Melin or Briton Ferry.

Lohengrin is just projecting his own middle class guilt onto us plebs.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 19:39]

Login to get fewer ads

Our new Attorney General on 19:45 - Feb 14 with 988 viewsNeath_Jack

Our new Attorney General on 19:38 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

Lohengrin is just projecting his own middle class guilt onto us plebs.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 19:39]

Typical Tory.

Our new Attorney General on 19:51 - Feb 14 with 980 viewslondonlisa2001

Our new Attorney General on 19:45 - Feb 14 by Neath_Jack

Typical Tory.

The current Tories have no guilt of any kind. Middle class or otherwise.

Cruella Braverman doesn’t seem to do guilt. Requires empathy or course.
Our new Attorney General on 20:00 - Feb 14 with 973 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our new Attorney General on 14:43 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

The Tories really are a pile of shyte and Boris's latest cabinet collection of scumbags, liars and hypocrites really are the bottom of the barrel.

Anyone who votes for them ought to hang their head in shame, but they won't, because they crawled out of the same pile.

There was an alternative.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our new Attorney General on 20:18 - Feb 14 with 960 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 19:51 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

Pay no attention to those two, love. They’re like Malebranche’s insensitive oafs who “eat without pleasure” and “brutally violate the old, kindly fellowship of living things.”

Vulgarians, the pair of them.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Our new Attorney General on 20:24 - Feb 14 with 954 viewsCatullus

Our new Attorney General on 17:54 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

“ Maybe we'll just have to wait and judge Braverman by her actions in her new job? ”

No. Irrespective of her actions in her new job she has displayed a character that should mean she is unfit for public office in a halfway decent society.

Have you seen much in recent years to tell you we live in that kind of society? Certainly not in political circles anyway.

In a halfway decent society Bojo wouldn't get to be the Tory leader never mind PM.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our new Attorney General on 20:34 - Feb 14 with 941 viewsWxmJax

Our new Attorney General on 19:51 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

That 50,000 extra nurses lie repeated by everyone around the cabinet table today.

And people will still try and defend them.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Our new Attorney General on 20:45 - Feb 14 with 924 viewslondonlisa2001

Our new Attorney General on 20:18 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

Pay no attention to those two, love. They’re like Malebranche’s insensitive oafs who “eat without pleasure” and “brutally violate the old, kindly fellowship of living things.”

Vulgarians, the pair of them.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
Our new Attorney General on 20:47 - Feb 14 with 916 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 20:45 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

Ha! I like it.

You’re going to have to explain it to our working class heroes though...

Our new Attorney General on 20:49 - Feb 14 with 910 viewsLeonWasGod

Our new Attorney General on 20:00 - Feb 14 by Brynmill_Jack

There was an alternative.

Drugs?
Booze?
Retire to a Bhuddist retreat or hippy commune and ignore the rest of world?

Alternative politics (any party) isn’t an option at the moment as too many people have been conditioned to believe propaganda.
Our new Attorney General on 20:51 - Feb 14 with 906 viewsexiledclaseboy

Our new Attorney General on 20:47 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

Ha! I like it.

You’re going to have to explain it to our working class heroes though...

I read Shakespeare to assuage the working class guilt I felt for relying on dinner tickets.

Our new Attorney General on 20:53 - Feb 14 with 901 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 20:51 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

I read Shakespeare to assuage the working class guilt I felt for relying on dinner tickets.

Our new Attorney General on 20:58 - Feb 14 with 894 viewsexiledclaseboy

I had to google Malebranche mind.

Our new Attorney General on 21:04 - Feb 14 with 887 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 20:58 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

I had to google Malebranche mind.

And now you know him and may read him in the future.

It’s not all insult slinging on here, there’s usually something you can take away.

Our new Attorney General on 21:07 - Feb 14 with 882 viewsexiledclaseboy

Our new Attorney General on 21:04 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

And now you know him and may read him in the future.

It’s not all insult slinging on here, there’s usually something you can take away.

I read his wiki entry as a starting point. I can’t imagine he’ll be troubling my reading list too much.

Our new Attorney General on 21:11 - Feb 14 with 874 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 21:07 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

I read his wiki entry as a starting point. I can’t imagine he’ll be troubling my reading list too much.

Abstruse metaphysics not your bag?

Our new Attorney General on 21:45 - Feb 14 with 850 viewssherpajacob

Our new Attorney General on 13:57 - Feb 14 by Lohengrin

” There is a report doing the rounds this morning that she was the chair of governors of a school that made a child whose parents couldn’t afford dinner money fees for the term sit in isolation from other children while receiving smaller rations.”

I haven’t done any digging around that claim but I choose not to believe it, Lis. I just find it unimaginable that anybody could be that rotten.

"I choose not to believe it, Lis. I just find it unimaginable that anybody could be that rotten"

We all make choices,, I try to make mine based on facts and evidence.

You appear to be ignoring all the evidence of conservative party policy and actions over the last 10 years.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Our new Attorney General on 21:52 - Feb 14 with 840 viewsLohengrin

Our new Attorney General on 21:45 - Feb 14 by sherpajacob

"I choose not to believe it, Lis. I just find it unimaginable that anybody could be that rotten"

We all make choices,, I try to make mine based on facts and evidence.

You appear to be ignoring all the evidence of conservative party policy and actions over the last 10 years.

Hoping for the best in people has led to a lifetime of disappointment.

What can I tell you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024