Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s all take a step back 23:19 - Feb 15 with 3172 viewsdobjack2

No player or coach is sh!t or garbage.

Players have bad games and coaches make poor decisions but there is no need for personal abuse. We all have an opinion but there are ways to express it.

I don’t think Cooper is the man for the job. Not because he is sh!t garbage etc. But because I think he has started at a league too high too soon. He is making mistakes And this league is unforgiving. Brendan made mistakes at this level and learned from them before he came here. Roberto made his mistakes and learned from them a division lower. Monk and Clement made them in the hardest league of all.

Don’t blame him, or monk or Clement for giving it a go but the championship or premier division isn’t a place to learn unless you have a lot of money behind you to pay for your mistakes.

Yes we are disappointed and frustrated that the team seems less than the sum of the players abilities. A good start has fizzled out into games where performances are poor and individual players seem to be regressing not progressing.

However that is no excuse for the personal abuse of players or coaching staff. I’m no angel but social media has turned so many of us into invisible bullies and abusers. It is one thing to provide criticism another to hurl abuse. That line appears to have been crossed on social media relating to the Swans.

Caroline Flack has been the subject of much media commentary and has sadly taken her life. I’m sure none of us would want the abuse being hurled at our players and management to end up in similar fashion.

Let’s all take a step back.
Let’s all take a step back on 13:14 - Feb 16 with 738 viewsMrSwerve

Let’s all take a step back on 12:31 - Feb 16 by dobjack2

Should ad hominem attacks be the backbone of football debate?

If two people disagree is it right for one to call the other a tw@ or worse for disagreeing with them? Ad hominem attacks are an easy option to avoid discussing an issue properly.

Of course they shouldn't be...but as I said, that's life. Football fans generally aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Let’s all take a step back on 15:42 - Feb 16 with 678 viewsmonmouth

Because....the internet.

It’s hardly just football fans that attack people for their views. Anyway most of us (humans that is), are total rw*ts. Even if it’s not fair on the particular subject, it’s inevitably the right overall conclusion.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Let’s all take a step back on 17:43 - Feb 16 with 605 viewsSTID2017

Let’s all take a step back on 12:01 - Feb 16 by dobjack2

I can’t stop them that is down to the mods. I’m making the point that abuse shouldn’t be allowed or condoned on the site.

Everyone gets it wrong from time to time but nobody should get it wrong on a regular basis.

As it goes, I agree with you.
People think it's only words, but as we hear far too often, the affect of personal abuse can be catastrophic.
We should all think before we speak, and hurling personal abuse does nothing but harm
I have to say though in Darran's case, his manner is rude at times, f*** off is his favourite phrase, but he also gets a lot of abuse back. In his case it is given and taken back for the most part as banter.
I count him as a friend, yet he has been known to use the f word on more than one occasion to me, especially when I have attempted to educate himon the merits of Adele over Cheap Trick

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Let’s all take a step back on 17:56 - Feb 16 with 594 viewsCatullus

Let’s all take a step back on 17:43 - Feb 16 by STID2017

People think it's only words, but as we hear far too often, the affect of personal abuse can be catastrophic.
We should all think before we speak, and hurling personal abuse does nothing but harm
I have to say though in Darran's case, his manner is rude at times, f*** off is his favourite phrase, but he also gets a lot of abuse back. In his case it is given and taken back for the most part as banter.
I count him as a friend, yet he has been known to use the f word on more than one occasion to me, especially when I have attempted to educate himon the merits of Adele over Cheap Trick

Abuse to friends (which is obviously banter) is the way of things. Abuse to strangers over the internet is far too frequently purely just mindless abuse. Often by people who think they know better.

Myself and my friends routinely abuse each other face to face by email and text.

How we treat strangers is a marker of the kind of person we are. The abuse hurled on here says far more about the abuser than the abused.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Let’s all take a step back on 18:10 - Feb 16 with 582 viewsSwanjaxs

Let’s all take a step back on 17:43 - Feb 16 by STID2017

Fuk him.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Let’s all take a step back on 20:14 - Feb 16 with 526 viewsSTID2017

Let’s all take a step back on 18:10 - Feb 16 by Swanjaxs

Fuk him.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024