Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Professor & Taff 18:33 - Feb 16 with 4266 viewsNeath_Jack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-rugby-chris-jones-rho

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO Professor & Taff on 21:42 - Feb 16 with 4146 viewstaffpunk

That's an old article, but he's a very strange gentleman, his brother the same. Treorchy Rugby seemed to have a lot of them back in the day. Discovered the Lord, and did some good for local kids Rugby, but still pretty much disliked by most people. Amen.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

FAO Professor & Taff on 22:01 - Feb 16 with 4117 viewsDarran

FAO Professor & Taff on 21:42 - Feb 16 by taffpunk

That's an old article, but he's a very strange gentleman, his brother the same. Treorchy Rugby seemed to have a lot of them back in the day. Discovered the Lord, and did some good for local kids Rugby, but still pretty much disliked by most people. Amen.

Amen.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Professor & Taff on 22:08 - Feb 16 with 4105 viewsunion_jack

FAO Professor & Taff on 22:01 - Feb 16 by Darran

Amen.

Yuk! Typical German rock a la Scorpions, Helloween etc. Same format, same poses, looking at the lenses with silly faces.

Very poor imitation of British rock e.g Sabbath, Rainbow, Deep Purple et al.

Some good tracks but in the whole too formulaic and predictable.

Yes, I know this thread isn’t about the music but I couldn’t help myself😏
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 22:17]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

FAO Professor & Taff on 22:15 - Feb 16 with 4096 viewsPacemaker

I was involved in the 1982 game, Chris’s version is very different from what actually happened.

The ref For that game was Derek Bevan who was an international ref at the time, such was the reputation of the game.

Chris was your standard bully who couldn’t take it face to face but was happy to stamp or bite you when you were trapped on the floor, there are plenty of friends of Taffpunk from Ystrad or Penygraig who were hard men but not dirty, Chris and other Treorchy players thought that being dirty was being hard.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

FAO Professor & Taff on 22:49 - Feb 16 with 4050 viewstaffpunk

FAO Professor & Taff on 22:15 - Feb 16 by Pacemaker

I was involved in the 1982 game, Chris’s version is very different from what actually happened.

The ref For that game was Derek Bevan who was an international ref at the time, such was the reputation of the game.

Chris was your standard bully who couldn’t take it face to face but was happy to stamp or bite you when you were trapped on the floor, there are plenty of friends of Taffpunk from Ystrad or Penygraig who were hard men but not dirty, Chris and other Treorchy players thought that being dirty was being hard.

Spot on, he built his reputation off the field by picking on people who he knew wouldn't want a fight. Lots of their players were the same in the Pubs of the area, many came unstuck. I also remember when he picked on my best mate, the coppers son from Treorchy, in The Prince, that didn't end well for Chris...

On it, I'll just say people like my father in law, who you know, Millard, Wayne Owen and many more just laugh at the reputation he's built up for himself...

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

FAO Professor & Taff on 09:25 - Feb 17 with 3946 viewsProfessor

FAO Professor & Taff on 22:49 - Feb 16 by taffpunk

Spot on, he built his reputation off the field by picking on people who he knew wouldn't want a fight. Lots of their players were the same in the Pubs of the area, many came unstuck. I also remember when he picked on my best mate, the coppers son from Treorchy, in The Prince, that didn't end well for Chris...

On it, I'll just say people like my father in law, who you know, Millard, Wayne Owen and many more just laugh at the reputation he's built up for himself...

Taff is a bit older than me-so I would trust his version of events. The Jones brothers were more known for being nasty than hard and never earned the respect that say someone like Nigel Bezani got. Plenty of hard men. Would not want to cross Taff's father in law for a start, though he is a top bloke.

I still wonder about my sanity drinking in the Prince, albeit the back room or lounge. If I ventured in the bar area would get plenty of stick.

And the 'god squad' thing- never got that either.
FAO Professor & Taff on 09:14 - Feb 18 with 3816 viewsTreorchyjack

His brother was a right knob! Ex- PE teacher. A bit of a bully to be honest.
FAO Professor & Taff on 09:49 - Feb 18 with 3798 viewsProfessor

FAO Professor & Taff on 09:14 - Feb 18 by Treorchyjack

His brother was a right knob! Ex- PE teacher. A bit of a bully to be honest.

You know who Taffpunk's father-in-law is?
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Professor & Taff on 11:45 - Feb 18 with 3767 viewsNotLoyal

Nice to see someone on here being open and honest about who they are, not many do. It’s a matter of choice, but the amount of call outs I’ve had on here left me with no choice, odd, those Cardiff fans doing the mouthing have stopped their keyboard warrior nonsense since I did.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

FAO Professor & Taff on 20:57 - Feb 18 with 3656 viewsTreorchyjack

FAO Professor & Taff on 09:49 - Feb 18 by Professor

You know who Taffpunk's father-in-law is?

No! But I’m guessing I might know of him!
FAO Professor & Taff on 10:18 - Feb 19 with 3551 viewsProfessor

FAO Professor & Taff on 20:57 - Feb 18 by Treorchyjack

No! But I’m guessing I might know of him!

Did you go to Treorchy Comprehensive in the 70s=90s?
FAO Professor & Taff on 10:30 - Feb 19 with 3544 viewsTreorchyjack

FAO Professor & Taff on 10:18 - Feb 19 by Professor

Did you go to Treorchy Comprehensive in the 70s=90s?

Yep!
FAO Professor & Taff on 10:37 - Feb 19 with 3538 viewsProfessor

The legend that is Gwyn Dad. A hard but fair man.
FAO Professor & Taff on 22:29 - Feb 20 with 3383 viewshowenjack

Good pub the Prince I've had a few pints in there in my time .
FAO Professor & Taff on 10:13 - Feb 21 with 3336 viewsWarwickHunt

He found God “in his prison cell in Brecon”.

Bunk beds?
FAO Professor & Taff on 10:24 - Feb 21 with 3328 viewsProfessor

FAO Professor & Taff on 22:29 - Feb 20 by howenjack

Good pub the Prince I've had a few pints in there in my time .

Big Cardiff pub. Back room was for the music fan-amazing juke box and punk/post-punk posters over the ceiling (I know who has both the posters and records now). If the back room/lounge bar was shut has to run the gauntlet of 'You JB" from the boys in the bar. Generally good natured though.
FAO Professor & Taff on 21:11 - Feb 21 with 3245 viewstaffpunk

FAO Professor & Taff on 10:24 - Feb 21 by Professor

Big Cardiff pub. Back room was for the music fan-amazing juke box and punk/post-punk posters over the ceiling (I know who has both the posters and records now). If the back room/lounge bar was shut has to run the gauntlet of 'You JB" from the boys in the bar. Generally good natured though.

At least a third of the posters were mine. Crudge took over from Howard and Anita and got rid of them. A few of them are worth a fortune now, in particular my DK's one from Luton, their first ever gig in the UK! My main times in the back room would have been 1979 to about 82, the room was a great mix of Punks/Skins/Mods and post-punk types.

FAO Professor & Taff on 10:12 - Feb 22 with 3164 viewsProfessor

FAO Professor & Taff on 21:11 - Feb 21 by taffpunk

At least a third of the posters were mine. Crudge took over from Howard and Anita and got rid of them. A few of them are worth a fortune now, in particular my DK's one from Luton, their first ever gig in the UK! My main times in the back room would have been 1979 to about 82, the room was a great mix of Punks/Skins/Mods and post-punk types.

84 I would have started going there. The two that always stood our were Killing Joke and The Jam ‘Sound Affects’. A friend of mine has them now (or so I have been told)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024