Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... 20:05 - Feb 16 with 26162 viewsSwanjaxs

Mr Dooley, Penlan comp back in 78.

Irish block head, ex washed up boxer in his late 50's ..

Loved to reach for his right hand draw and slipper a few 👌

Who's the teacher back in your day you'd want to meet up with now on an equal footing? 👊👊

This post has been edited by an administrator

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:58 - Feb 16 with 5849 viewsjack2jack

Lurch Morriston Comp, maths as I recall , no nonsense teacher, scared the sh!t out of most.
Worst probably Mr Alexander R.E.
Anyone else recall these or any others😀
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:13 - Feb 16 with 5813 viewssainthelens

Late 70s, bishop gore, sports teacher Dai killer Evans. Total cvnt of a bloke. Played cricket against him few years after leaving school, took great delight in telling him what everyone thought of him.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:30 - Feb 16 with 5769 viewsraynor94

Bill Perrins, Olchfa 70/71. An absolute sadist

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:33 - Feb 16 with 5759 viewsbuilthjack

A guy called Ian Ingles. He would lash out for no reason. He smacked me across the head one morning because I accidentally dropped a pen. Bruised to fck.
So my old man tapped his door that night and dropped him.
Never had any bother from him after.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:42 - Feb 16 with 5736 viewsunion_jack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:30 - Feb 16 by raynor94

But one of the best teachers in the school. I liked him.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:47 - Feb 16 with 5728 viewscmajack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:27 - Feb 16 by monmouth

Clwyd didn’t have a football team when I was there up to 1971. Alan Williams held sway then. Lovely bloke, but if he saw you playing football after school you got slippered the next day. He liked his balls misshapen.

Was there until about 1967 , hated the man for not letting us play football. You are right though he would go mental if he saw a football.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:54 - Feb 16 with 5705 viewsSTID2017

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:34 - Feb 16 by WAFU

Mods get this nonsense out of the football section

They haven't got you out of the football section.
At least this thread makes sense - more than most of your comments do

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 22:01 - Feb 16 with 5685 viewsthornabyswan

Mages the PE teacher was worse a total b@stard.

Played rugby for Swansea in the early mid 70s.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 22:21]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 22:02 - Feb 16 with 5684 viewsunion_jack

Huw ‘spider’ Davies used to teach me Economics in 6th Form at Olchfa. He was particularly fond of giving you a ‘gunky’ across the head should you get things wrong. Consequently, I was often concussed after a double lesson with him.

He took us for rugby practice as well teaching me to do the sidestep which I became pretty good at if only to avoid another knuckle to the head if I got that wrong!

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 22:03 - Feb 16 with 5682 viewsHarry_Callahan

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:58 - Feb 16 by jack2jack

Lurch Morriston Comp, maths as I recall , no nonsense teacher, scared the sh!t out of most.

Morriston Comp late 70's -
Basil Stevens English teacher was a good laugh.
Also remember Dai Muscles the PE teacher and Mr Lee swimming/PE.
Mrs Rhona Davies geography and was it Mrs Davies history?

Anyone remember Horace Phillips from Martin Street school who once played rugby for Wales.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 22:36 - Feb 16 with 5627 viewsjackmorsel

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:35 - Feb 16 by Catullus

Dunns lane Primary, had a deputy head teacher who loved the egg but hated football and would slipper anyone who brought a football in.

Oystermouth jumior comp, a maths teacher, Mr Boat. He came from Townhill where apparently they'd put a bin full of paper under his chair and set it alight, the same day they wrecked his car with paint. He would give you work and say get on with it, if you needed help he'd say figure it out yourself, utter useless twunt.

Bishop Gore, don't remember any really bad teachers but we had a female RE teacher who was very popular with the teenage boys and male teachers alike.

Dunns Lane Head was Mr Williams, he loved the egg didn't he, got caught with a football and got it confiscated, quite a few got slippered though, used to make us practice line outs and scrums in the yard. Never forgotten that.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 22:37 - Feb 16 with 5623 viewsjack2jack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 22:03 - Feb 16 by Harry_Callahan

Morriston Comp late 70's -
Basil Stevens English teacher was a good laugh.
Also remember Dai Muscles the PE teacher and Mr Lee swimming/PE.
Mrs Rhona Davies geography and was it Mrs Davies history?

Anyone remember Horace Phillips from Martin Street school who once played rugby for Wales.

Funny you mention Dai muscles,he lives down by The Guildhall,spoke to him a few weeks ago,tidy fella,he actually remembered me,and we had a good chat.
Mr Lee, (think it was Lehman) who coached the school swimming team as I recall, when I swam for the school.Happy days had a right laugh there.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 23:42]
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 04:54 - Feb 17 with 5504 viewspikeypaul

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:13 - Feb 16 by sainthelens

Late 70s, bishop gore, sports teacher Dai killer Evans. Total cvnt of a bloke. Played cricket against him few years after leaving school, took great delight in telling him what everyone thought of him.

Killer Evans looked and still does like a lizard and his two equally violent, sadistic henchmen Watts and Snitch. You really did get the impression that they were looking for any reason and took great delight to physically punish some of the pupils.

I saw him in Bistrot Pierre just before Christmas he’s not changed a bit.Sat slopped down like Rees Mogg , tips of his fingers and thumbs from both hands pressed against each other, eyes darting about as if he’s contemplating his next move ,cravat on like an evil villain out of a James Bond movie in the control room,exactly the same way I remember him 40 years ago if you replace the cravat for a whistle.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 5:25]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 07:32 - Feb 17 with 5451 views1462jack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:31 - Feb 16 by Swanjaxs

Selwyn Williams physics (top turk scrum half) was the bolloxs.

Was a PE teacher when I rolled through , I was seeing his daughter she was an identical twin so you can imagine he didn’t like me much , back on topic , deaf lloyd’y history or geography remember him picking a lad nicknamed Kermit up and launching him over a table , another teacher who I remember fondly was pridham sound as a pound let us make fruit wine in our environmental studies , Mr twist geography used to have Bino’s and after one dinner break a few of us had been down the nature reserve having a mull , and he pulled me and my cousin “what was that pipe thing with smoke”’ to many stories about that school , it was an eye opener after being in Morriston comp originally
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 08:53 - Feb 17 with 5387 viewsWarwickHunt

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:24 - Feb 16 by Swanjaxs

Dooley was a cùnt tbf

I took the wrap for someone else

Penlan comp taught you never to grass if anything else 👍

Wrap? Speed, coke or chicken salad?
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:05 - Feb 17 with 5366 viewsleighton1318

And through to 1977 at least.

‘Haircut, boy’.

Vicious but fair. He was a rugby ref too, I think.

Most of the teachers at Olchfa were great, even the strict ones had some humour.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:11 - Feb 17 with 5349 viewsCatullus

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 21:13 - Feb 16 by sainthelens

I remember killer, he must have mellowed by 1980 because he was strict but pretty fair unless you fecked him off.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:12 - Feb 17 with 5347 viewsWarwickHunt

Viv Davies at Bishop Gore - big cheese at the All Whites. Tidy to be fair but he had the knack of grabbing you just above the elbow and finding a nerve.

Slipper Sam - fücking lethal with a Green Flash.
Some fat old bird who didn’t last long after walking around class in a fur coat - everyone flicked ink from their fountain pens at the back of it. She never wore it again,

Jeff Evans - “There are two people I hate in this room and you are both of them” and “If you had two brains you’d be twice as stupid”.

Waski and Charlie Ganz. Brilliant teachers and lovely blokes although Charlie looked like a Nazi villain straight out of Central Casting,
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:26 - Feb 17 with 5332 viewsCatullus

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 04:54 - Feb 17 by pikeypaul

Killer Evans looked and still does like a lizard and his two equally violent, sadistic henchmen Watts and Snitch. You really did get the impression that they were looking for any reason and took great delight to physically punish some of the pupils.

I saw him in Bistrot Pierre just before Christmas he’s not changed a bit.Sat slopped down like Rees Mogg , tips of his fingers and thumbs from both hands pressed against each other, eyes darting about as if he’s contemplating his next move ,cravat on like an evil villain out of a James Bond movie in the control room,exactly the same way I remember him 40 years ago if you replace the cravat for a whistle.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 5:25]

Henchmen? Wasn't Watts head of department? We were playing cricket on the south lawn one day, Watts fetched the 6th form out to do Javelin practice, I chased a high ball, fell over and dropped it and as I stood up a Javelin whistled past my right ear. A fraction of a seconds difference and I was kebab!
Killer went berserk with Watts, I thought he was going to punch him.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:33 - Feb 17 with 5320 viewsJango

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:31 - Feb 16 by Swanjaxs

Selwyn Williams physics (top turk scrum half) was the bolloxs.

Selwyn Williams was PE teacher when I was in Penlan, he had the best job in the school out of the way. Mr Waters IT was the worst. He’d turn up 10 minutes late to let you in and then disappear for the rest of the lesson. Absolute mayhem for an hour.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:48 - Feb 17 with 5295 viewsCatullus

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 22:36 - Feb 16 by jackmorsel

Dunns Lane Head was Mr Williams, he loved the egg didn't he, got caught with a football and got it confiscated, quite a few got slippered though, used to make us practice line outs and scrums in the yard. Never forgotten that.

He was Deputy head when I was there but he was pretty much in charge, the head rarely left his office.
I think it may be the same Alan Williams who was at Clwyd up to 1971.

Mt Boyd, do you remember Mutton chops Boyd, a Victorian relic fond of throwing stuff.

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:55 - Feb 17 with 5284 viewsGreatBritton

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 20:58 - Feb 16 by jack2jack

Lurch was Maths. He scared the teachers too but he was a pussycat really. Alexander was Drama. Probably the worst teacher to ever walk the earth. Lots remember Dai Muscles, who was a prolific scratcher.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:04 - Feb 17 with 5271 viewsWarwickHunt

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 09:05 - Feb 17 by leighton1318

And through to 1977 at least.

‘Haircut, boy’.

Vicious but fair. He was a rugby ref too, I think.

Most of the teachers at Olchfa were great, even the strict ones had some humour.

One caned my kid brother - came home with his arse red raw. Late 70s.
My old man went up, grabbed him by the throat and scared the bejesus out of the fûcker.😂

Edit: name just came to me - Jefford.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 10:13]
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:19 - Feb 17 with 5250 viewsleighton1318

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:04 - Feb 17 by WarwickHunt

One caned my kid brother - came home with his arse red raw. Late 70s.
My old man went up, grabbed him by the throat and scared the bejesus out of the fûcker.😂

Edit: name just came to me - Jefford.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 10:13]

I nearly named Jefford as an exception in my post earlier. Held off because I was never taught by him but he was always roaming the corridor as if looking for trouble.
Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:29 - Feb 17 with 5235 viewsunion_jack

Worst teacher back in the day? Name and shame... on 10:19 - Feb 17 by leighton1318

I nearly named Jefford as an exception in my post earlier. Held off because I was never taught by him but he was always roaming the corridor as if looking for trouble.

Yep, Jefford was an exception. The rest as you say were hard but fair.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024