Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread 23:47 - Feb 17 with 24487 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 14:07]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 19:33 - Feb 22 with 1764 viewsZaxx

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 17:01 - Feb 22 by union_jack

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Now, what’s that in Latin?

Exspectare pessimus, spes optima.

Perhaps that is just a literal translation though...

Much better performance today against fairly poor opposition.
Good intent from the start and should really have been 3-0 by half time tbf. We looked out of legs before they equalised and Fulton probably would have been the first to be pulled if he hadn't had scored a cracking header to go to 2-1 from a well worked corner. Joe and Ben pulled their tall guys out of the way and the delivery was excellent (for a change perhaps).
It's hard to tell if we have enough to gain a play off place from today but is was clearly an improvement on recent games. Cooper's game management still looks suspect with regards to subs (timing imo) but he did get quite a bit right today in all fairness.
Plenty of improvement needed but some good performances. Let's hope that we can gain confidence and kick on from today...
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:35]
The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 19:56 - Feb 22 with 1691 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 17:15 - Feb 22 by TimTtam

Thank f*ck for that.

First time we've won by more than 1 goal in 70 days. Only the 3rd league game we've done it in.

What the hell happened in the 2nd half? At HT we had 49% possession and were leading shots-shots on target 6-3 to 1-0. Ended up having 37% and they caught up in the shots department.

For those who watched, how good/bad were we?

Pretty much as you said, first half all over them, second half sat back and left them attack (as we usually do) this time we got away with a win.

We are a team with no structure, and this win is just papering over the cracks.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 20:05 - Feb 22 with 1658 viewssainthelens

Not read all this thread, so some may have mentioned...
Brewsters play for the 3rd goal was simply brilliant. But for Huddersfield to even have a sniff of a point was nuts. How many times do we get our noses in front and just wait/accept that the opposition will equalise?
Still, good win lads, next 2 games now tho really is crunch time as to how close we can get.
Can't believe I'm even allowing myself to hope.
The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 21:14 - Feb 22 with 1531 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 12:52 - Feb 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Will we sink under the 10,000 attendance figure today?

Man U should manage a bit more than that for you Dwight.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 00:56 - Feb 23 with 1409 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 12:52 - Feb 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Will we sink under the 10,000 attendance figure today?

15,148 😘

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 01:00 - Feb 23 with 1407 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 17:44 - Feb 22 by ploppy

We were OK. Pretty much dominated first half without creating a whole lot. Second half we seemed to sit back and not press, which we've done many times before, and let them back in. Responded well after they equalised, and the third was a break away goal. The score flattered us a bit, I suppose, but not bad overall.

Ugh. Not that again. Who knows what Cooper's logic is to change a winning formula and revert to parking the bus.

The gap is still 5pts and our remaining fixtures aren't easy. I still can't see us getting anywhere near the playoffs unless we dominate a game or two.

My name is Matt

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 10:09 - Feb 23 with 1293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 01:00 - Feb 23 by TimTtam

Ugh. Not that again. Who knows what Cooper's logic is to change a winning formula and revert to parking the bus.

The gap is still 5pts and our remaining fixtures aren't easy. I still can't see us getting anywhere near the playoffs unless we dominate a game or two.

There were a lot of positives and improvements on show yesterday.

Bidwell - apart from leaving their player 15 yards to shoot and score he was otherwise excellent yesterday . Good supporting runs down the left and some very neat passing and interplay.

Cabango - nice to see Cooper not stubbornly persisting with a not quite ready Guehi . Ben came back in well by like all the bit art players of late needs a run of games to cement an understanding with Rodon.

Kalulu - was a potent weapon for us and was found with some superb passes from Grimes, Gallagher and Bidwell . Just needs game time like the others .

Gallagher and Grimes- both played very well yesterday. I wonder if Celina playing at 10 in front of them could work out eventually? That would be harsh on Fulton who also played very well yesterday.

Brewster - was unlucky yesterday but should have lifted the ball over the keeper for a certain goal but in fairness worked very hard.

Garrick - brilliant finish and a good performance. Delighted to see him back.

Upsides - as a team going forward we looked superb on times yesterday - some great one touch passing and long range balls were a delight to watch. Real cohesion - the like of which I haven’t seen all season really. We looked more a Potter side than a Cooper side yesterday but I’m not denigrating SC for that - far from it. He used his players to the right effect yesterday and deserved at least a mini fist pump.

Downsides- a lack of ruthlessness and criminally dropping deep which allowed Huddersfield back in. Our press needs to be worked on - its either all press or no press. Just one or two pressing knackers them and is easy to play around.

Let’s keep this as our core 11 (until VDH is fit) and we will gain serious traction. More of the same please Coops.

Edit - forgot to say Grimes corners massively improved. Well done Matt
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 11:10]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 11:01 - Feb 23 with 1256 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 18:16 - Feb 22 by Jinxy

Oo we're going there in June. Sounds lush.

Sorry not football related, but we've decided we're not going 'abroad' on holiday this year, instead we're exploring different cities and regions of Spain. First trip next month: Cadiz. Saw Rick Stein's Long Weekends programme on the city and said "we must go there".

On a different subject, wanted to ask Dwight if he was the little boy who wrote to Jurgen Klopp? Your cover's blown, Dwight!
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 11:18 - Feb 23 with 1233 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 11:01 - Feb 23 by Pegojack

Sorry not football related, but we've decided we're not going 'abroad' on holiday this year, instead we're exploring different cities and regions of Spain. First trip next month: Cadiz. Saw Rick Stein's Long Weekends programme on the city and said "we must go there".

On a different subject, wanted to ask Dwight if he was the little boy who wrote to Jurgen Klopp? Your cover's blown, Dwight!

Mike, while you're over that way, if you get a chance to visit a little town called El Rocio, just south of Sevilla, worth having a look, extraordinary place.
The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 17:23 - Feb 23 with 1113 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 11:18 - Feb 23 by karnataka

Mike, while you're over that way, if you get a chance to visit a little town called El Rocio, just south of Sevilla, worth having a look, extraordinary place.

I had a peepsie on Google maps, amazing !
The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 17:32 - Feb 23 with 1103 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 10:09 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Bidwell - apart from leaving their player 15 yards to shoot and score he was otherwise excellent yesterday . Good supporting runs down the left and some very neat passing and interplay.

Cabango - nice to see Cooper not stubbornly persisting with a not quite ready Guehi . Ben came back in well by like all the bit art players of late needs a run of games to cement an understanding with Rodon.

Kalulu - was a potent weapon for us and was found with some superb passes from Grimes, Gallagher and Bidwell . Just needs game time like the others .

Gallagher and Grimes- both played very well yesterday. I wonder if Celina playing at 10 in front of them could work out eventually? That would be harsh on Fulton who also played very well yesterday.

Brewster - was unlucky yesterday but should have lifted the ball over the keeper for a certain goal but in fairness worked very hard.

Upsides - as a team going forward we looked superb on times yesterday - some great one touch passing and long range balls were a delight to watch. Real cohesion - the like of which I haven’t seen all season really. We looked more a Potter side than a Cooper side yesterday but I’m not denigrating SC for that - far from it. He used his players to the right effect yesterday and deserved at least a mini fist pump.

Downsides- a lack of ruthlessness and criminally dropping deep which allowed Huddersfield back in. Our press needs to be worked on - its either all press or no press. Just one or two pressing knackers them and is easy to play around.

Let’s keep this as our core 11 (until VDH is fit) and we will gain serious traction. More of the same please Coops.

But the inexplicit drop offs we have at HT when we have 1-0 leads is unacceptable. Remenber how an U23s Charlton battered us on our own pitch for 45 mins. Reading and Middlesbrough at home too.

Cooper & the players show flashes of potential (and from your summary & the highlights it seemed like there were several bright spots), but it's almost never a 90 minute effort. Cooper needs to learn that the best way to defend a 1 goal lead is to make it 2 (like yesterday).

Still, lots of positives. And after being the lowest league scorers from Sept - Feb 13th we've now got 7 goals in 2 games.

My name is Matt

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 18:50 - Feb 23 with 1060 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 10:09 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Good first half summary...what did you reckon of the second half ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 19:08 - Feb 23 with 1046 viewsjruss1

Cooper has played Gallagher as a 10 in the last two games rather then deep or the left of a flat 3. We've also had a proper winger out there for all of yesterday and the latter part of the game last week where we scored 2.

No wonder we've hit 7 goals, now will Steve learn this is the way forward?
The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 19:15 - Feb 23 with 1040 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 19:08 - Feb 23 by jruss1

Cooper has played Gallagher as a 10 in the last two games rather then deep or the left of a flat 3. We've also had a proper winger out there for all of yesterday and the latter part of the game last week where we scored 2.

No wonder we've hit 7 goals, now will Steve learn this is the way forward?

A proper AM at 10, width, pace and some muscle in midfield.

It's what most people have been calling for all season, but Cooper has finally worked it out in nearly March.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 19:59 - Feb 23 with 1005 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 18:50 - Feb 23 by Flashberryjack

Good first half summary...what did you reckon of the second half ?

We dropped way too deep, they punished us (eventually) but we hit straight back.

That has to be worked on, a bad mentality when only 1-0 up.

I was focusing more on the dramatic improvements in our passing game (passing forward for one).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 23 with 972 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City AFC vs Huddersfield Town FC Match Thread on 19:15 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

A proper AM at 10, width, pace and some muscle in midfield.

It's what most people have been calling for all season, but Cooper has finally worked it out in nearly March.

This post has been edited by an administrator

We can but hope. Maybe we can now forget the idea of Celina playing at 10 - he's not up to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024