Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Cooper being reassured by the club 10:34 - Feb 18 with 2997 viewsNotLoyal

Is he at the position yet where they might be concerned about results and performance ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:00 - Feb 18 with 2252 viewsgordondg

Reassessed I hope.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:03 - Feb 18 with 2245 viewsKGriz16

They're footballing people aren't they? They probably see things better than us with regards to performances. If that even makes sense?
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:36 - Feb 18 with 2186 viewsThornburyswan

Suspect it will be more of a season end review, genuinely do not think that Birch believed we could have gone back up this season - that may look like a missed chance in the next couple of years.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:40 - Feb 18 with 2182 viewsNotLoyal

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:03 - Feb 18 by KGriz16

They're footballing people aren't they? They probably see things better than us with regards to performances. If that even makes sense?

Swans fan I know from Oxford has been travelling to games home and away since 1954. He saw coopers frailties as soon as the season started. This is the problem with chance appointments, they took a chance and currently it hasn’t paid off.

Of course we all hope it does, but I remember Molby conceding four as swans manager and the football was very similar at the time. He was sacked, albeit by a bunch of numptys running the club. My point is the attendances, players having a quiet word with those who make decisions ( ala Monk and co, inc Britton ) If the discontent continues they surely have to speak with Cooper or at least make it known they care.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:54 - Feb 18 with 2170 viewsjack247

The results and performances will definitely be a concern. I doubt he is under any significant pressure yet though. We aren’t going to be relegated and the lack of resources and ambition at the club will probably keep him here at least until he has a bad run next season.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:58 - Feb 18 with 2163 viewsoldcob

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:40 - Feb 18 by NotLoyal

Swans fan I know from Oxford has been travelling to games home and away since 1954. He saw coopers frailties as soon as the season started. This is the problem with chance appointments, they took a chance and currently it hasn’t paid off.

Of course we all hope it does, but I remember Molby conceding four as swans manager and the football was very similar at the time. He was sacked, albeit by a bunch of numptys running the club. My point is the attendances, players having a quiet word with those who make decisions ( ala Monk and co, inc Britton ) If the discontent continues they surely have to speak with Cooper or at least make it known they care.

I don't believe results matter to the current board. If they do they come a very poor second to the balance sheet.I can remember when football was a sport first and business second.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 12:24 - Feb 18 with 2123 viewsBadlands

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:58 - Feb 18 by oldcob

I don't believe results matter to the current board. If they do they come a very poor second to the balance sheet.I can remember when football was a sport first and business second.

Great, until we go out of business.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 12:26 - Feb 18 with 2115 viewsKGriz16

Yes, definitely. I distinctly remember an article being posted by WalesOnline ( I know, shoot me!) but it was the difference between Potter and Cooper do tactically. It simply stated, we pass more vertically under Cooper ie. more emphasis on getting the ball up quicker, rather than searching and pulling the opposition out of position to ensure of an attack. I'll be honest, I was swept away my Cooper initially, I didn't see the type of football, just that we were winning, and I'll be honest about that.
However, I would state that I believe we, as fans, have been a catalyst in getting the last few manager sacked, albeit with the dross they churn out. Cooper though, what's the contract like? 8th, or wherever we are in the league, keeps the pay masters happy regardless. Perhaps Cooper says to the likes of Birch, I'm trying to do this, and they see it. But ultimately, what I'm trying to say, is that I agree with you.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 12:35 - Feb 18 with 2090 viewsjasper_T

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:54 - Feb 18 by jack247

The results and performances will definitely be a concern. I doubt he is under any significant pressure yet though. We aren’t going to be relegated and the lack of resources and ambition at the club will probably keep him here at least until he has a bad run next season.

The last thing we want is to be panicking looking around for a new manager come Oct/Nov when - if form continues as it has for the last 5 months - we'll be in the bottom third and looking over our shoulders. And that's if the squad maintains its current quality.

The warning signs are there. It's on him to prove he can deliver a good run between now and the end of the season. If he can't then we go into next season asking for trouble.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 12:43 - Feb 18 with 2074 viewsjack247

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 12:35 - Feb 18 by jasper_T

The last thing we want is to be panicking looking around for a new manager come Oct/Nov when - if form continues as it has for the last 5 months - we'll be in the bottom third and looking over our shoulders. And that's if the squad maintains its current quality.

The warning signs are there. It's on him to prove he can deliver a good run between now and the end of the season. If he can't then we go into next season asking for trouble.

100% agree with you. I just don’t think our owners will pay him off. They’ve been reactive rather than proactive since they’ve been here. Wait til we go into next seasons first international break 5 points adrift and they may do something about it.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 12:48 - Feb 18 with 2064 viewskarnataka

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:36 - Feb 18 by Thornburyswan

Suspect it will be more of a season end review, genuinely do not think that Birch believed we could have gone back up this season - that may look like a missed chance in the next couple of years.

Next couple of decades?
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 13:01 - Feb 18 with 2034 viewsglanmORJa_k

From what I was told Molby was sacked because he refused to play as he was being paid as a player manager.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 13:10 - Feb 18 with 2017 viewsWarwickHunt

Let’s hope he gets the vote of confidence soon...
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 1878 viewsThornburyswan

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 12:48 - Feb 18 by karnataka

Next couple of decades?

You could be right, I was/am trying to cling on to a modicum of positivity!
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 16:23 - Feb 18 with 1813 viewsQJumpingJack

I would imagine his position will only be under review if/when relegation to League One becomes a possibility.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 16:45 - Feb 18 with 1791 viewsJacket

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:03 - Feb 18 by KGriz16

Are you sure you don't mean they can't see what's in front of their very eyes? Celina on the wing doesn't work. Trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is a nailed on sign of madness. Going through another window without signing a defensive midfielder although it's screaming out and playing Guehi week in week out makes me think they can't see a farkin thing!

Can see things we can't? Can't see their arses from their elbows, that's more close to it.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 16:54 - Feb 18 with 1761 viewsJacket

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:36 - Feb 18 by Thornburyswan

Keeping hold of Ayew at the start of the season and in January, keeping hold of Baston until an improvement came in in the shape of Brewster and persuading Chelsea to recall and send Gallagher here tells me differently.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 1757 viewsKGriz16

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 16:45 - Feb 18 by Jacket

Are you sure you don't mean they can't see what's in front of their very eyes? Celina on the wing doesn't work. Trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is a nailed on sign of madness. Going through another window without signing a defensive midfielder although it's screaming out and playing Guehi week in week out makes me think they can't see a farkin thing!

Can see things we can't? Can't see their arses from their elbows, that's more close to it.

Well, my thinking would be - they see training, the tactical talks, Coopers' man management and everything else which goes into being a football manager. Although, I agree with you, the majority of football matches have been dross since October, what I would say is that there is more behind the scenes than the results.

The Celina thing, meh? Potter did it. We scored one of the greatest goals I've ever seen versus Man City with Celina at wing. Ultimately, your best players need to be on the pitch, unfortunately, both Cooper and Potter saw him not the best option at 10, but a viable person to play as an Inside Forward cutting in on his right.

Something does need to be done however moving forward, I can't keep envisioning the same tactics, players and roles being played continually. We did see change at Hull to a 4-3-3. However, Cooper was burnt by our awful defending, but we did attack well and controlled large parts of the game.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 16:57]
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 17:11 - Feb 18 with 1722 viewsJinxy

I've stated previously that I believe Birch's CV tells us he has enough football (and business) acumen to have been disappointed and frustrated at the decline in confidence, development, tactics, reaction (ie lack of plan B), and individual and collective performance vs potential. Yes we have had lucky wins early on (how did we win at Leeds?), but we should have capitalised on those results, and confidence within the team should have evidently grown.

I think for now, he will be reassured, otherwise it will exacerbate the issues even further. I do think though that those that appointed him (I do not blame them btw), and employ him, will be having serious reservations especially as the focus seems on developing young players, who mostly all seem to be going backwards. I do feel sorry for SC, he seems decent and his career may well seriously stall after this, he's just out of his depth imo.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 17:44 - Feb 18 with 1671 viewsJFSwan

Mid table quality team are mid table.

Not alot to write about
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 18:06 - Feb 18 with 1640 viewsLuther27

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 12:35 - Feb 18 by jasper_T

I agree with you. The other driving force to remove him will be season ticket sales. Bums on seats...or lack of them, will impact the balance sheet thus attracting the owners attention.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 18:26 - Feb 18 with 1603 viewsthornabyswan

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 11:00 - Feb 18 by gordondg

Reassessed I hope.

Replaced even better

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 18:27 - Feb 18 with 1602 viewsjasper_T

Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 16:56 - Feb 18 by KGriz16

Well, my thinking would be - they see training, the tactical talks, Coopers' man management and everything else which goes into being a football manager. Although, I agree with you, the majority of football matches have been dross since October, what I would say is that there is more behind the scenes than the results.

The Celina thing, meh? Potter did it. We scored one of the greatest goals I've ever seen versus Man City with Celina at wing. Ultimately, your best players need to be on the pitch, unfortunately, both Cooper and Potter saw him not the best option at 10, but a viable person to play as an Inside Forward cutting in on his right.

Something does need to be done however moving forward, I can't keep envisioning the same tactics, players and roles being played continually. We did see change at Hull to a 4-3-3. However, Cooper was burnt by our awful defending, but we did attack well and controlled large parts of the game.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 16:57]

Performances on the pitch are what matters. Doesn't matter if you put only great looking training sessions and powerpoint presentations if none of it carries over to match day. That's what everyone's getting paid for at the end of the day.

Celina played at 10 against City. DJ left wing, Dyer right, Routs up top.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 18:39 - Feb 18 with 1580 viewskrunchykarrot

Give him until the end of season and assess then, on current form he is struggling to hang on.
Is Cooper being reassured by the club on 19:35 - Feb 18 with 1507 viewsdameedna

The club will not be interfering at all other than Birch checking in for weekly updates over a cuppa and hoping for an upturn and a further twenty points. Get less than ten points from the remaining ganes and the pressure wi come. Got to hope we get closer to twenty than ten points which I believe we will. Over fifteen points and he is safe for another season I reckon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024