Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... 09:46 - Feb 19 with 3079 viewstheloneranger

Well done Capt Rosie Wild

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51553815

The eight tests in the P Company course involve:

Marching 10 miles (16km) while carrying a 16kg backpack, in under 1 hour and 50 minutes

Completing an aerial assault course designed to test a candidate's ability to overcome fear

Carrying a 60kg telegraph pole as a team of eight soldiers over 1.9miles (3.1km)

Running two miles (3.2km) with a backpack and rifle, within 18 minutes

Completing a 2.2-mile steeplechase - a cross-country run followed by an assault course

"Milling" - a boxing contest in which soldiers have points deducted for dodging or blocking punches

Marching 20 miles (32km) with a backpack and rifle, within four hours and 10 minutes

Carrying a 79kg stretcher for more than four miles (8km) as part of a team of 16 soldiers

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:11 - Feb 19 with 2362 viewsWingstandwood

That lady? Now every bit as cool as 9 Squadron R.E.... And that lady has done something that many thought was absolutely physically impossible for any female.

Argus!

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:15 - Feb 19 with 2353 viewsNeath_Jack

They’re no Royal Marines in fairness.

Da iawn Captain nevertheless.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:21 - Feb 19 with 2338 viewsVincent_Vega

Fair play great effort that!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:22 - Feb 19 with 2336 viewsWingstandwood

SKY GODS rule!

Argus!

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:31 - Feb 19 with 2325 viewsBrynCartwright

Personally I'd have massive issues with this particular obstacle..

I seem to have acquired a hatred of heights in my old age.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:45 - Feb 19 with 2310 viewsunion_jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:31 - Feb 19 by BrynCartwright

In all fairness Bryn, if it’s age that’s causing your fear of heights it may just play a part in every other exercise too😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:47 - Feb 19 with 2308 viewsLohengrin

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:15 - Feb 19 by Neath_Jack

You’re going to cop it if Pacemaker reads that!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 11:01 - Feb 19 with 2296 viewsWingstandwood

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:31 - Feb 19 by BrynCartwright

Age plays a big difference! Two reasons, i.e. we all tend to think we're superman/immortal when we're younger and after the age of 30 males lose 1% of testosterone a year, every year after. And that does not exclude the additional loss of peak testosterone level before hitting 30 years of age anyhow.

Higher Testosterone ='s greater confidence, drive, and get up and go. Have you ever noticed many males start to get anxious about driving when they get older?... I know an (decades of experience) ex-HGV articulated lorry driver who is now anxious when driving a car and passes the buck onto his wife. He now refuses point blank to drive at night.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 12:42 - Feb 19 with 2226 viewsNeath_Jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:47 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

A young man joined the Army and signed up with the paratroopers. He went though the standard training, completed the practice jumps from higher and higher structures, and finally went to take his first jump from an aeroplane. The next day, he called home to his father to tell him the news.

"So, did you jump?" the father asked.

"Well, let me tell you what happened. We got up in the plane, and the sergeant opened up the door and asked for volunteers. About a dozen men got up and just walked out of the plane!"

"Is that when you jumped?" asked the father.

"Um, not yet. Then the sergeant started to grab the other men one at a time and throw them out the door."

"Did you jump then?" asked the father.

"I'm getting to that. Every one else had jumped, and I was the last man left on the plane. I told the sergeant that I was too scared to jump. He told be to get off the plane or he'd kick my butt."

"So, did you jump?"

"Not then. He tried to push me out of the plane, but I grabbed onto the door and refused to go. Finally he called over the Jump Master. The Jump Master is this great big guy, about six-foot five, and 18 stone. He said to me, `Boy, are you gonna jump or not?' I said, `No, sir. I'm too scared.' So the Jump Master pulled down his zip and took his penis out. I swear, it was about ten inches long and as big around as a babies arm! He said, `Boy, either you jump out that door, or I'm sticking this little baby up your ring.'"

"So, did you jump?" asked the father.

"Well, a little, at first."

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 12:44 - Feb 19 with 2220 viewsLohengrin

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 12:42 - Feb 19 by Neath_Jack

A young man joined the Army and signed up with the paratroopers. He went though the standard training, completed the practice jumps from higher and higher structures, and finally went to take his first jump from an aeroplane. The next day, he called home to his father to tell him the news.

"So, did you jump?" the father asked.

"Well, let me tell you what happened. We got up in the plane, and the sergeant opened up the door and asked for volunteers. About a dozen men got up and just walked out of the plane!"

"Is that when you jumped?" asked the father.

"Um, not yet. Then the sergeant started to grab the other men one at a time and throw them out the door."

"Did you jump then?" asked the father.

"I'm getting to that. Every one else had jumped, and I was the last man left on the plane. I told the sergeant that I was too scared to jump. He told be to get off the plane or he'd kick my butt."

"So, did you jump?"

"Not then. He tried to push me out of the plane, but I grabbed onto the door and refused to go. Finally he called over the Jump Master. The Jump Master is this great big guy, about six-foot five, and 18 stone. He said to me, `Boy, are you gonna jump or not?' I said, `No, sir. I'm too scared.' So the Jump Master pulled down his zip and took his penis out. I swear, it was about ten inches long and as big around as a babies arm! He said, `Boy, either you jump out that door, or I'm sticking this little baby up your ring.'"

"So, did you jump?" asked the father.

"Well, a little, at first."

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 14:03 - Feb 19 with 2146 viewsCatullus

Anyone, man or woman, who earns the right to be a Royal Marine deserves respect and praise.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 14:36 - Feb 19 with 2126 viewsNotLoyal

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:15 - Feb 19 by Neath_Jack

Having spent 9 years in the military, 4 in the parachute regiment, I can only say walk a mile in those shoes then maybe I will take you seriously.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 15:15 - Feb 19 with 2083 viewsDr_Winston

Marching 20 miles in full kit in 4hrs 10? Christ. Running that in that time in trainers would make many people justifiably proud.

Impressive.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 15:29 - Feb 19 with 2063 viewsLohengrin

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 15:15 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

Marching 20 miles in full kit in 4hrs 10? Christ. Running that in that time in trainers would make many people justifiably proud.

Impressive.

That’s why “many people” aren’t squaddies...

*puffs chest out and taps a fag nonchalantly from the pack*

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 15:35 - Feb 19 with 2058 viewsNeath_Jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 14:36 - Feb 19 by NotLoyal

Having spent 9 years in the military, 4 in the parachute regiment, I can only say walk a mile in those shoes then maybe I will take you seriously.

You were in the paras? Well colour me surprised

Stand easy private, because the day I'd want to be taken seriously by you of all people, will be the day Darran has a skinhead haircut.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 15:41 - Feb 19 with 2051 viewsWingstandwood

Belgium has an absolutely fantastic junior para army-cadet course going!

15 year old kids (girls included) can get to experience a bygone Brize Norton training experience of jumping out of a balloon and dropping like a stone (no aircraft slipstream) for a few hundred feet until that parachutes finally opens.

Please note the "folly/naivety of youth" lack of fear and lack of sadistic Aldershot influence destined to 'psyche-out' and put the absolute fear of God into recruits/baby-para's about to face 'The Trainasium' and balloon jump.

Argus!

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:21 - Feb 19 with 2013 viewsHighjack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 15:15 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

Impressive.

It’s this one that sounds the most bonkers to me.

“Milling" - a boxing contest in which soldiers have points deducted for dodging or blocking punches

Must be like Rocky film but with more blood.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:29 - Feb 19 with 1998 viewsLohengrin

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:21 - Feb 19 by Highjack

It’s this one that sounds the most bonkers to me.

“Milling" - a boxing contest in which soldiers have points deducted for dodging or blocking punches

Must be like Rocky film but with more blood.

It’s all part of the ethos of fostering maximum aggression.

Then lads like that are put into the middle of a Republican riot in Londonderry and the hand-wringers wonder where all the corpses came from?

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 20:01 - Feb 19 with 1858 viewsHighjack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:29 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

Then lads like that are put into the middle of a Republican riot in Londonderry and the hand-wringers wonder where all the corpses came from?

Yeah I imagine it would have been odd for her opponent who was in all likelihood considerably much taller and heavier than her to go all fists in on a smaller woman although no doubt she gave as good as she got.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 20:04 - Feb 19 with 1850 viewscontroversial_jack

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 16:29 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

It's controlled aggression. They are taught when to use it and when not to
British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 21:44 - Feb 19 with 1792 viewsCatullus

I had a mate in the Paras who told me some eye watering and truly scary stories of his tours of NI.
He came in very handy on nights out down Wind Street!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 22:12 - Feb 19 with 1766 viewsPacemaker

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 10:47 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

Yes, I did bite initially on reading it, but my neighbour is an ex bootie so I have a raised tolerance level these days, oddly enough reading Neathies joke further down the page I had a weird coincidence out in NZ recently.

I had entered a cycle race around Lake Taupo and my bro in law who is ex 2 Para came down with me and decided to do a round of golf whilst I was out. He attends the local golf course to see if he can get a round and the pro points out a guy in the same situation looking for a partner for a round.

My bro in law thinks he recognises the guy and after a short chat identifies the guy is ex RAF and was based in the Shot and was his jump master who had launched him out of Hercs for years.

Although we were about 4 hrs from Auckland it turns out they had both retired from forces emigrated to NZ and lived about 30 mins from each other. Small world.

By the way fair play to Capt Wild a tremendous achievement.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 21:48 - Feb 20 with 1592 viewsNotLoyal

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 15:35 - Feb 19 by Neath_Jack

You were in the paras? Well colour me surprised

Stand easy private, because the day I'd want to be taken seriously by you of all people, will be the day Darran has a skinhead haircut.

You should pay more attention to what goes on.
As I said walk a mile in those shoes you know nothing about Mr expert and someone will take YOU seriously.
Belittling the lowest rank in the British army is about your level.

You will never be and never would have been Joe.
RFA.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 21:51]

OK I've changed it.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 22:01 - Feb 20 with 1580 viewsNotLoyal

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 22:12 - Feb 19 by Pacemaker

Yes, I did bite initially on reading it, but my neighbour is an ex bootie so I have a raised tolerance level these days, oddly enough reading Neathies joke further down the page I had a weird coincidence out in NZ recently.

I had entered a cycle race around Lake Taupo and my bro in law who is ex 2 Para came down with me and decided to do a round of golf whilst I was out. He attends the local golf course to see if he can get a round and the pro points out a guy in the same situation looking for a partner for a round.

My bro in law thinks he recognises the guy and after a short chat identifies the guy is ex RAF and was based in the Shot and was his jump master who had launched him out of Hercs for years.

Although we were about 4 hrs from Auckland it turns out they had both retired from forces emigrated to NZ and lived about 30 mins from each other. Small world.

By the way fair play to Capt Wild a tremendous achievement.

Yeah neath Jack fcking hilarious

OK I've changed it.

British Army officer becomes first woman to pass brutal Para course ... on 04:38 - Feb 21 with 1516 viewsBluebird

The Royal Marines were formed because even Paras need heroes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024