Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon 00:03 - Feb 22 with 4360 viewsJack123

Just wondering if anybody is going to stock up? Looking at a few drinks today, and the units ,and cider drinkers will be absolutely battered by this increase.! 150-200% more.

[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 0:04]

libera nos a malo

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:15 - Feb 22 with 2678 viewsswan65split

tax fecking tax fecking tax...........rich as fook and cook the books, leave the peasants pay!!

No matter what the Party , its fook the masses
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:23 - Feb 22 with 2672 viewsJack123

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:15 - Feb 22 by swan65split

tax fecking tax fecking tax...........rich as fook and cook the books, leave the peasants pay!!

No matter what the Party , its fook the masses

Yes, the funny thing thing is, I always thought this was brought in, to stop the super strength lager and cider, but I think the stay at home drinkers, will see a massive increase, cider mainly, then lager, doesn't look too bad if you are a wine or spirit drinker.

libera nos a malo

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:33 - Feb 22 with 2669 viewsmajorraglan

Alcohol causes huge problems in our society and it’s an issue that needs addressing, but I am far from convinced that this is the way forward. This is going to hit the people with less money harder because an increased proportion of their hard earned will be swallowed up by taxes; those who can no longer afford to buy alcohol but want it will probably just steal it.

I would like to think I drink responsibly, maybe a couple of beers a week in the house and occasionally when we go out. My current favourite tipple is Brains SA Gold, which retails in most supermarkets for about £1.80 a bottle, but in Lidl it sells for £1.25. When our good friends at the WAG introduce minimum pricing it’s going to put around 75p on the Lidl price, really infuriating.

I regularly travel across the Border to visit family in England, It’s highly likely some of my future visits will include a trip am English supermarket!
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:48 - Feb 22 with 2646 viewsJack123

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:33 - Feb 22 by majorraglan

Alcohol causes huge problems in our society and it’s an issue that needs addressing, but I am far from convinced that this is the way forward. This is going to hit the people with less money harder because an increased proportion of their hard earned will be swallowed up by taxes; those who can no longer afford to buy alcohol but want it will probably just steal it.

I would like to think I drink responsibly, maybe a couple of beers a week in the house and occasionally when we go out. My current favourite tipple is Brains SA Gold, which retails in most supermarkets for about £1.80 a bottle, but in Lidl it sells for £1.25. When our good friends at the WAG introduce minimum pricing it’s going to put around 75p on the Lidl price, really infuriating.

I regularly travel across the Border to visit family in England, It’s highly likely some of my future visits will include a trip am English supermarket!

It will be interesting to see how this affects lidl/aldi, I quite like their cheap beer.. refreshing, and cheap as chips. Their cheap cider will go through the roof! And if you are a Frosty jacks drinker, stock up as much as you can, because the price is going to shoot right up.. Can see major pi^^heads hiring a van, not to go to Calais, but Bristol and fill it up with flagons of cider.. ;)

libera nos a malo

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:55 - Feb 22 with 2641 viewsswan65split

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:33 - Feb 22 by majorraglan

The majority of people are sensible drinkers, , but as it is this tax is going to add a few quid onto the budget, I only have a drink 2 day s a week, add the other increases on essentials, being a pensioner it adds up.

some at a certain social level its not a problem , businessmen etc it "ll go down on the expenses, or if your in the Bay or H of P its subsidized , yep let the forlock tuggers pay.

what was it?let them eat bread.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 0:59]
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:57 - Feb 22 with 2637 viewsswan65split

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:48 - Feb 22 by Jack123

It will be interesting to see how this affects lidl/aldi, I quite like their cheap beer.. refreshing, and cheap as chips. Their cheap cider will go through the roof! And if you are a Frosty jacks drinker, stock up as much as you can, because the price is going to shoot right up.. Can see major pi^^heads hiring a van, not to go to Calais, but Bristol and fill it up with flagons of cider.. ;)

England will soon follow , dont worry.
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 01:10 - Feb 22 with 2616 viewsmajorraglan

Just read this article on the Walesonline site, it provides a bit more context on the impact on different types of alcohol. A slab of Strongbow will just about double in price to £22. This could be a real vote loser for the people who support this bill.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/alcohol-minimum-price-wales-strongbow-
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 01:54 - Feb 22 with 2605 viewsJack123

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:57 - Feb 22 by swan65split

England will soon follow , dont worry.

I hope it does, otherwise this will ferk up our tourism for the caravan crowd, this is the kind of thing that puts people off coming to Wales.

It should have been brought in around the board, if it's like the plastic bags charge England will most probably follow suit in 2023..

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 06:43 - Feb 22 with 2551 viewsHighjack

The main beneficiary of this will of course be the supermarkets who will be able to significantly increase their profit margins and blame it on the government.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 07:03 - Feb 22 with 2541 viewsbuilthjack

Booze crews over the borde will start . Then, if England bring it in, it will be back to going over to France.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 08:56 - Feb 22 with 2456 viewsmonmouth

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 07:03 - Feb 22 by builthjack

Booze crews over the borde will start . Then, if England bring it in, it will be back to going over to France.

Doubt it. It will just be absorbed like the increase in cig prices. Did it really work in Scotland in reducing pissheads and violence in a meaningful way?

If not, file under tax increase.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 09:24 - Feb 22 with 2430 viewsstevethejack

80 cans of Thatchers Gold were delivered on Wednesday. Will see me through a few months. Reading away in May will have a similar amount for me. A relative works in England a lot and she's happy to bring back booze.

Wine will be minimum £4.89 a bottle so that's unlikely to affect me and I don't drink spirits at home.
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:18 - Feb 22 with 2387 viewsHighjack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 08:56 - Feb 22 by monmouth

Doubt it. It will just be absorbed like the increase in cig prices. Did it really work in Scotland in reducing pissheads and violence in a meaningful way?

It’s not a tax though, although they will gain on VAT the price rise will go straight into the retailers till.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:23 - Feb 22 with 2377 viewsmonmouth

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:18 - Feb 22 by Highjack

It’s not a tax though, although they will gain on VAT the price rise will go straight into the retailers till.

Ah that's a strange one then. I thought it would be an excuse to raise government revenue.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:29 - Feb 22 with 2366 viewsNotLoyal

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 01:10 - Feb 22 by majorraglan

Just read this article on the Walesonline site, it provides a bit more context on the impact on different types of alcohol. A slab of Strongbow will just about double in price to £22. This could be a real vote loser for the people who support this bill.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/alcohol-minimum-price-wales-strongbow-

Scaremongering.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:29 - Feb 22 with 2366 viewsCatullus

There's the VAT then the tax on profits too so they will gain a bit. Would they have been better off calling it a health tax and saying all money gained goes to the NHS? Can they even do that?
I very rarely drink, there's been a 4 pack in the fridge, untouched, for over a month so it won't bother me too much.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:37 - Feb 22 with 2352 viewsHighjack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:29 - Feb 22 by Catullus

There's the VAT then the tax on profits too so they will gain a bit. Would they have been better off calling it a health tax and saying all money gained goes to the NHS? Can they even do that?
I very rarely drink, there's been a 4 pack in the fridge, untouched, for over a month so it won't bother me too much.

Don’t think they have the power to create new taxes. I may be wrong but they can change income tax and that’s about it but they don’t do that.

It’s an incredibly regressive move but nothing surprises me with these bunch of clowns.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 11:01 - Feb 22 with 2321 viewsHighjack

Oh well, let’s look on the bright side. At least we can bring back moon shining.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 11:01 - Feb 22 with 2322 viewscontroversial_jack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 07:03 - Feb 22 by builthjack

We aren't in the EU now, so what we can bring back will be severely limited
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 11:04 - Feb 22 with 2319 viewscontroversial_jack

If it's mandatory to pay when purchasing the item then it's a duty, which is a tax in all but name
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 11:35 - Feb 22 with 2275 viewsLohengrin

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 11:01 - Feb 22 by Highjack

Oh well, let’s look on the bright side. At least we can bring back moon shining.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 13:44 - Feb 22 with 2188 viewsCooperman

I must have missed the news on this piece of new tax legislation. When does it become reality?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 13:59 - Feb 22 with 2172 viewsHighjack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 13:44 - Feb 22 by Cooperman

I must have missed the news on this piece of new tax legislation. When does it become reality?

March 2nd.

I imagine it would have been March 1st but they probably didn’t because of St.Davids day.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 14:04 - Feb 22 with 2158 viewsLeonWasGod

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:23 - Feb 22 by Jack123

Yes, the funny thing thing is, I always thought this was brought in, to stop the super strength lager and cider, but I think the stay at home drinkers, will see a massive increase, cider mainly, then lager, doesn't look too bad if you are a wine or spirit drinker.

The stay at home, middle class, craft beer and cider and half-decent wine drinkers won’t be touched by this. And that’s where the biggest problem is. The only answer to alcohol issues is in the mind, not the wallet. Although if this does stop youngsters loading up on Diamond White it can’t be a bad thing.
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 14:12 - Feb 22 with 2142 viewslondonlisa2001

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 08:56 - Feb 22 by monmouth

It reduced alcohol purchases in Scotland almost immediately. Particularly amongst the households that had previously bought most alcohol.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024