Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon 00:03 - Feb 22 with 4363 viewsJack123

Just wondering if anybody is going to stock up? Looking at a few drinks today, and the units ,and cider drinkers will be absolutely battered by this increase.! 150-200% more.

[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 0:04]

libera nos a malo

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 14:20 - Feb 22 with 1006 viewsHighjack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 14:12 - Feb 22 by londonlisa2001

It reduced alcohol purchases in Scotland almost immediately. Particularly amongst the households that had previously bought most alcohol.

A lot switched from cider to wine. Those monks that make buckfast are doing very well out of it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 16:43 - Feb 22 with 964 viewsCatullus

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:37 - Feb 22 by Highjack

Don’t think they have the power to create new taxes. I may be wrong but they can change income tax and that’s about it but they don’t do that.

It’s an incredibly regressive move but nothing surprises me with these bunch of clowns.

I had a look around and found this,

"The Wales Act 2014 enables the Welsh Government to introduce specific new taxes in Wales with the agreement of the National Assembly for Wales, Houses of Parliament and Lords"

It was on here https://www.assembly.wales/en/bus-home/research/financial-scrutiny/Pages/TaxFutu so they can make a new tax so rather than give more profits to business (because we know it won't go on pay rises or improving conditions) maybe they should introduce a health tax on alcohol and cigs and give all the money to the NHS?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 18:06 - Feb 22 with 942 viewshowenjack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:18 - Feb 22 by Highjack

It’s not a tax though, although they will gain on VAT the price rise will go straight into the retailers till.

VAT , another great imposition courtesy of the EU
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 19:49 - Feb 22 with 905 viewslondonlisa2001

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 14:20 - Feb 22 by Highjack

A lot switched from cider to wine. Those monks that make buckfast are doing very well out of it.

The consumption of alcohol reduced. They measure it in pure alcohol whatever form it takes.

The introduction of minimum pricing has so far had the effect they were aiming for.
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 19:49 - Feb 22 with 904 viewslondonlisa2001

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 18:06 - Feb 22 by howenjack

Aye - they imposed it in 1940.

Clever aren’t they...
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 20:48 - Feb 22 with 872 viewscontroversial_jack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 19:49 - Feb 22 by londonlisa2001

The consumption of alcohol reduced. They measure it in pure alcohol whatever form it takes.

The introduction of minimum pricing has so far had the effect they were aiming for.

Seems a bit like partial prohibition to me.How did that work out?
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 21:46 - Feb 22 with 829 viewsHighjack

No doubt. But there’s also been rather a large spike in drug use that may or may not be related.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 21:52 - Feb 22 with 821 viewsHighjack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 11:35 - Feb 22 by Lohengrin

Actual footage of the Briton Ferry bridge in 2022:

Login to get fewer ads

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 22:53 - Feb 22 with 797 viewsJack123

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 21:46 - Feb 22 by Highjack

No doubt. But there’s also been rather a large spike in drug use that may or may not be related.

I'm considering drug use as an alternative too be honest.. If the kids weren't still at home, i would be straight down to my local dealer..

Only wacky baccy mind.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 22:56]

libera nos a malo

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 22:59 - Feb 22 with 791 viewscontroversial_jack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 22:53 - Feb 22 by Jack123

I'm considering drug use as an alternative too be honest.. If the kids weren't still at home, i would be straight down to my local dealer..

Only wacky baccy mind.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 22:56]

A price rise will cause those who have a problem and have to drink daily to pay more for their habit,but they will still buy it, but those who are social drinkers will have to pay more, but will drink less. Alcohol consumption may drop, but it will drop for those who do not have a problem but just drink moderately.This is where the drop in alcohol consumption will come fro, but it will come from the wrong group and not the ones that are supposed to be prevented from doing so
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:11 - Feb 22 with 785 viewslonglostjack

A couple of glasses of Blue Nun with Sunday dinner from now on! Sod the EU we’ve taken back control. Suck it up snowflakes.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:16 - Feb 22 with 781 viewsHighjack

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:11 - Feb 22 by longlostjack

A couple of glasses of Blue Nun with Sunday dinner from now on! Sod the EU we’ve taken back control. Suck it up snowflakes.

Well said.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:17 - Feb 22 with 780 viewsJack123

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 22:59 - Feb 22 by controversial_jack

A price rise will cause those who have a problem and have to drink daily to pay more for their habit,but they will still buy it, but those who are social drinkers will have to pay more, but will drink less. Alcohol consumption may drop, but it will drop for those who do not have a problem but just drink moderately.This is where the drop in alcohol consumption will come fro, but it will come from the wrong group and not the ones that are supposed to be prevented from doing so

I'm drinking too much anyway! Thinking of trying the wacky backy again for libido purposes.. Just have to wait till the kids move out, because.. I mean we are talking a good few years since i last had a spliff, but jesus christ, I can't face nobody.. If there was an award for having the biggest Cheshire grin after smoking a spliff, I would win it.

libera nos a malo

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:46 - Feb 22 with 767 viewsmajorraglan

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 14:12 - Feb 22 by londonlisa2001

It reduced alcohol purchases in Scotland almost immediately. Particularly amongst the households that had previously bought most alcohol.

Could that be because they were sloping over the border to buy their booze?
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:49 - Feb 22 with 758 viewsexiledclaseboy

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:46 - Feb 22 by majorraglan

Could that be because they were sloping over the border to buy their booze?

I doubt it. Scotland’s a big place.

Poll: Tory leader

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:51 - Feb 22 with 755 viewsmajorraglan

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 22:59 - Feb 22 by controversial_jack

It will hit the stay at home drinkers because the price in pubs is normally more than the minimum price. Some of the people who have the problem will resort to stealing it if they can’t afford to buy it.
Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:02 - Feb 23 with 742 viewsJack123

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 23:51 - Feb 22 by majorraglan

It will hit the stay at home drinkers because the price in pubs is normally more than the minimum price. Some of the people who have the problem will resort to stealing it if they can’t afford to buy it.

Yes, no longer will the security cameras in supermarkets be on the spirits, they will be on the pack of white lightning and carlsberg special brew. :)

libera nos a malo

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 00:44 - Feb 23 with 728 viewsLohengrin

Aye - they imposed it in 1940.

Clever aren’t they...

Run that by me again, Lis

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 01:07 - Feb 23 with 712 viewsLohengrin

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 21:52 - Feb 22 by Highjack

Actual footage of the Briton Ferry bridge in 2022:

On their way to The Puddlers before Johnny Law catches up?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:01 - Feb 23 with 652 viewsGowerjack

Fair play...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:02 - Feb 23 with 650 viewsGowerjack

Allowing people like you the vote is the reason this country is in such a feckin mess.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:04 - Feb 23 with 648 viewsexiledclaseboy

But VAT was introduced due to us joining the EU?

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:14 - Feb 23 with 641 viewsDr_Winston

VAT replaced Purchase Tax when we joined the EEC I think.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:17 - Feb 23 with 637 viewsexiledclaseboy

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:14 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

VAT replaced Purchase Tax when we joined the EEC I think.

It did. It was also much cheaper.

Min Price Per Unit Coming Soon on 10:33 - Feb 23 with 629 viewsNeath_Jack

Just ban it completely.

Give the NHS a fighting chance.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024