Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendance announcement 18:44 - Feb 22 with 4807 viewsJinxy

They need to reword it. It's fraudulent and an out-and-out lie. It's ticket sales and we're not quite as daft as we look.
Attendance announcement on 23:02 - Feb 22 with 1097 viewsbuilthjack

Attendance announcement on 20:31 - Feb 22 by Badlands

I thought it was about right.

6,500 down on capacity makes attendance about 2/3 rds of the Liberty ... that looked about right.

I tend to look at the empty seats, rather than the full ones. I would say there was about 6,500 empty. So about 14,500 in attendance today.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 23:05]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Attendance announcement on 23:09 - Feb 22 with 1078 viewsDarran

It’s not going to affect my life in any way but it would be interesting to know what the ‘attendance’ actually is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Attendance announcement on 23:10 - Feb 22 with 1076 viewsbuilthjack

Attendance announcement on 23:09 - Feb 22 by Darran

It’s not going to affect my life in any way but it would be interesting to know what the ‘attendance’ actually is.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Attendance announcement on 23:38 - Feb 22 with 1060 viewsNotLoyal

Attendance announcement on 18:51 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

Or just not announce it at all. Not as if anyone really cares.

The team down the road do, or at least the one person being three on here.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Attendance announcement on 23:43 - Feb 22 with 1055 viewsNotLoyal

Attendance announcement on 23:02 - Feb 22 by builthjack

I tend to look at the empty seats, rather than the full ones. I would say there was about 6,500 empty. So about 14,500 in attendance today.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 23:05]

Very decent considering the absolute dross served up of late.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Attendance announcement on 07:17 - Feb 23 with 973 viewsbennytheblue

Attendance announcement on 23:38 - Feb 22 by NotLoyal

The team down the road do, or at least the one person being three on here.

Course we do, obsessively. It’s more important than the result 😂
Attendance announcement on 14:50 - Feb 23 with 862 viewspencoedjack

Attendance announcement on 20:31 - Feb 22 by Thornburyswan

Guess it depends on whether the club(& all the others) see it as announcing the tickets sold or bums on seats.

Doug Sharpe used to downplay attendances not to pay so much tax.
Attendance announcement on 14:54 - Feb 23 with 857 viewsexiledclaseboy

Attendance announcement on 14:50 - Feb 23 by pencoedjack

Doug Sharpe used to downplay attendances not to pay so much tax.

Some of our attendance announcements in Dougie’s time were greeted with laughter.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Attendance announcement on 15:02 - Feb 23 with 850 viewsCatullus

Every club does it which doesn't make it right. Technically you are correct, it's a lie but not an important one. They can't announce a bigger crowd than tickets sold or the tax man might start looking.

In the vast scheme of what's going on at SCFC now, is this really the battle to choose to fight?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Attendance announcement on 18:33 - Feb 23 with 750 viewscentrestandswan

Didn't there used to be a dodgy turnstile at the Vetch allegedly ? Opened it for the Iceland game I think and people were late getting in along with the floodlight failure.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Attendance announcement on 20:07 - Feb 23 with 697 viewsBadlands

Attendance announcement on 18:33 - Feb 23 by centrestandswan

Didn't there used to be a dodgy turnstile at the Vetch allegedly ? Opened it for the Iceland game I think and people were late getting in along with the floodlight failure.

'A' dodgy turnstile????
When the capacity was 32,000 I've been in a crush on the part of the North Bank and looking a full East, West and South and the attendance was reported as 5,400!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Attendance announcement on 23:11 - Feb 23 with 618 viewsEvanski

Attendance announcement on 20:46 - Feb 22 by Jackfath

I often wonder why people clap when it's announced.

😂 A good point well made!

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Attendance announcement on 21:19 - Feb 24 with 473 viewsCatullus

Attendance announcement on 18:33 - Feb 23 by centrestandswan

There used to be a lot more dodgy turnstyles than that, half the North bank turnstyles were dodgy and some gatemen made a nice bit on top. Some of the turnstyles were so knackered if you didn't press the pedal and someone gave them a hard enough shove they would get through.
Doug Sharpe brought in spies (people who worked for his buidling company) to watch the gates to try and catch the gatemen skimming.
In my years of working the gate down the Vetch my money rarely matched my gate reading. They used to regularly accuse us of stealing though never went further than accusations usually, a few did get sacked along the way and it all reached a head one day when the gatemen had a meeting and made a complaint about our safety because our doors didn't shut let alone lock. Robin Sharpe said send your reps up for a chat, we sent 3 up and they hardly got through the door before Robin said you're sacked, get out. Half of us walked out with them, the others bottled it and opened up, a few of them were working down the Liberty fairly recently.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024