Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread 20:36 - Feb 22 with 50739 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 19:26]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 15:19 - Feb 27 with 2306 viewssainthelens

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 15:00 - Feb 27 by Flashberryjack

This c*nt has history and should be investigated.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 15:03]

Should be hauled in and asked how is that a pen, and the assault on Ayew wasn't?
He shouldn't be allowed grass roots football let alone anything else.
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 15:42 - Feb 27 with 2269 viewsLegend83

Being an exile it was nice to go to a live game - even if it was with a Fulham season ticket holder and meant I had to sit in the home end behind the goal. My thoughts on the match for what they are worth:

- no point in dwelling on it as nothing will be done but that was the worst officiating I have ever seen. I was about 20 yards from the "penalty" and saw their player wrap his legs round Roberts ankle and they both went down while the ball flew out of play about 20 feet above their heads.

- loved Ayew passion and frustration.

- Naughton was run ragged and his clearances were poor. Both he and Bidwell were terrible at closing down crosses all night.

- Rodon was an absolute Rolls Royce particularly 2nd half where he won 2/3 fantastic headers against Mitrovic. Just a shame he got dragged out wide to protect Bidwell for the goal.

- Cabango. I actually wanted to go and hug the poor lad he was in tears. Great to see the other lads rallying round him - it isn't his first mistake and it won't be his last. Great experience to play against someone of Mitro's ilk.

- Fulton I was impressed with, Gallagher was peripheral all night and Cooper obviously loves him as I would have hooked him 2nd half. Grimes gets stick and he certainly wasn't in the game much but defensively he did well.

My overriding emotion coming away from the game was depression. Watching a good Fulham side work the triangles to by-pass our midfield reminded me of the Swans of old. Instead I had to watch Woodman hoof it to the wing, followed by either Bidwell or Ayew 9 times out of 10 head it to a Fulham player and allowing them to go again.

Yes the officiating didn't help, but boy did we also try our best to give the game to Fulham - if it weren't for their lack of cutting edge there would have been no tense finale. It was, to me, classic turgid FA coached tactics of lump it to the channels and hope to feed off scraps.

On the plus side, walking back to the car along the Thames on a crisp night was lovely...
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 16:40 - Feb 27 with 2198 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 15:19 - Feb 27 by sainthelens

Should be hauled in and asked how is that a pen, and the assault on Ayew wasn't?
He shouldn't be allowed grass roots football let alone anything else.

I usually subscribe to the cock-up rather than the conspiracy theory of history but the evidence against this utter cรƒยปnt is overwhelming.
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 16:49 - Feb 27 with 2174 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 15:08 - Feb 27 by union_jack

Oh dear.

No, he shouldnโ€™t ref a Swans game again but really he should never ref a Fulham game again.

If that was in Italy / South America weโ€™d all be shouting match fixing. Actually, I think thatโ€™s what we are saying in this case.

He is reported to have denied accusations of match fixing before he left the stadium in his white and black Aston Martin Valkyrie last night.
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 17:12 - Feb 27 with 2147 viewsswan65split

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 15:42 - Feb 27 by Legend83

Being an exile it was nice to go to a live game - even if it was with a Fulham season ticket holder and meant I had to sit in the home end behind the goal. My thoughts on the match for what they are worth:

- no point in dwelling on it as nothing will be done but that was the worst officiating I have ever seen. I was about 20 yards from the "penalty" and saw their player wrap his legs round Roberts ankle and they both went down while the ball flew out of play about 20 feet above their heads.

- loved Ayew passion and frustration.

- Naughton was run ragged and his clearances were poor. Both he and Bidwell were terrible at closing down crosses all night.

- Rodon was an absolute Rolls Royce particularly 2nd half where he won 2/3 fantastic headers against Mitrovic. Just a shame he got dragged out wide to protect Bidwell for the goal.

- Cabango. I actually wanted to go and hug the poor lad he was in tears. Great to see the other lads rallying round him - it isn't his first mistake and it won't be his last. Great experience to play against someone of Mitro's ilk.

- Fulton I was impressed with, Gallagher was peripheral all night and Cooper obviously loves him as I would have hooked him 2nd half. Grimes gets stick and he certainly wasn't in the game much but defensively he did well.

My overriding emotion coming away from the game was depression. Watching a good Fulham side work the triangles to by-pass our midfield reminded me of the Swans of old. Instead I had to watch Woodman hoof it to the wing, followed by either Bidwell or Ayew 9 times out of 10 head it to a Fulham player and allowing them to go again.

Yes the officiating didn't help, but boy did we also try our best to give the game to Fulham - if it weren't for their lack of cutting edge there would have been no tense finale. It was, to me, classic turgid FA coached tactics of lump it to the channels and hope to feed off scraps.

On the plus side, walking back to the car along the Thames on a crisp night was lovely...

Good post,
Defence was rock solid fair doos,
Gallacher is young , and TBF away to Fulham, with no real support, he was caught out a few times but seriously did we have anyone else to help him out.
Lump up the channels spot on,

Yes I saw the Cabango rally round, and again well done lads.
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 2138 viewsmonmouth

That was a fabulous interview by Cooper. Well done that man!

Doesn't in any way alter my opinion that his coaching stinks though. A few years ago we annihilated Fulham there by playing rings around them. Now we are all praising fight and effort like we are some league 2 dog team there in the FA Cup. We could have won with a fair ref, almost certainly would have, but it's just Monk and Clement all over again. Dog out wins until you're luck runs out. Not right for us. Not for me, anyway.

Still great interview, and he clearly does care. But so do I and I would be a terrible football manager too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 2136 viewsunion_jack

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 16:49 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

He is reported to have denied accusations of match fixing before he left the stadium in his white and black Aston Martin Valkyrie last night.

Was his number plate FU11 HAM by any chance?รฐลธหœโ€ž

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 20:44 - Feb 27 with 1960 viewsgrabsplatter

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 17:14 - Feb 27 by monmouth

That was a fabulous interview by Cooper. Well done that man!

Doesn't in any way alter my opinion that his coaching stinks though. A few years ago we annihilated Fulham there by playing rings around them. Now we are all praising fight and effort like we are some league 2 dog team there in the FA Cup. We could have won with a fair ref, almost certainly would have, but it's just Monk and Clement all over again. Dog out wins until you're luck runs out. Not right for us. Not for me, anyway.

Still great interview, and he clearly does care. But so do I and I would be a terrible football manager too.

The Fulham owners have also spent a huge amount of money on that squad, a complete contrast to our lot.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 21:03 - Feb 27 with 1944 viewsGlyn1

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 15:08 - Feb 27 by union_jack

Oh dear.

No, he shouldnโ€™t ref a Swans game again but really he should never ref a Fulham game again.

If that was in Italy / South America weโ€™d all be shouting match fixing. Actually, I think thatโ€™s what we are saying in this case.

I'd be very happy for him to referee a Swans game again

โ€ฆ

so long as we're playing at home.

However, I was also at the match and Fulham were all over us for most of the match - as has been pointed out by all of you in the first pages of this thread, and I'm not sure how we are going to improve. This could be really demoralizing for our very young team.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 22:02 - Feb 27 with 1906 viewsswan65split

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 21:03 - Feb 27 by Glyn1

I'd be very happy for him to referee a Swans game again

โ€ฆ

so long as we're playing at home.

However, I was also at the match and Fulham were all over us for most of the match - as has been pointed out by all of you in the first pages of this thread, and I'm not sure how we are going to improve. This could be really demoralizing for our very young team.

Mons post at 17.14 sums it up totally.
2nd best but still robbed.
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 22:34 - Feb 27 with 1883 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 22:02 - Feb 27 by swan65split

Mons post at 17.14 sums it up totally.
2nd best but still robbed.

Second best but with the best chances stolen away by a cheat.
Perspective. Positive.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 02:04 - Feb 28 with 1811 viewsTimTtam

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 15:00 - Feb 27 by Flashberryjack

This c*nt has history and should be investigated.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 15:03]

I remembered that one soon after we lost. But I didn't realise it was the same ref! Leeds fans were livid and made tons of complaints, yet zero happened. It won't be long until this idiot is reffing another (Fulham) game.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 07:53 - Feb 28 with 1762 views34dfgdf54

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 22:34 - Feb 27 by NotLoyal

Second best but with the best chances stolen away by a cheat.
Perspective. Positive.

We were second best in first half, not second though, we looked the side most likely to get the winner.

What big chances did they have?

Ayew one on one brought down by keeper
Bidwell sitter front post off corner
Ayew brought down in box for stonewaller before getting a shot off
Ayew shot parried away well by keeper
Not to mention the other handball penalty.

We were in the ascendancy second half. You can have less possession and still be the better team.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 7:55]
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 08:17 - Feb 28 with 1748 viewscentrestandswan

Report of the game from a London view point, funny no mention of the ref'.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/scott-parker-hails-fulham-mentality-al

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 08:29 - Feb 28 with 1738 viewsFireboy2

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 08:17 - Feb 28 by centrestandswan

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/scott-parker-hails-fulham-mentality-al

I had to laugh at 'Joe Bryan's saving tackle seconds earlier' description of the stonewall penalty
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 08:35 - Feb 28 with 1733 viewsvetchonian

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 20:44 - Feb 27 by grabsplatter

The Fulham owners have also spent a huge amount of money on that squad, a complete contrast to our lot.

Plus that team under Brendan had a core which had been together quite while and been coached by Martinez,Sousa and Brendan and were experienced our current team is a moix of youngsters recently thrown together and coached by a rookie so I share some of Mons sentiments but its apples and pears mon

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 09:00 - Feb 28 with 1721 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 08:17 - Feb 28 by centrestandswan

The Standard is now a free newspaper and itโ€™s still too fรƒยปcking expensive.
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 13:05 - Feb 28 with 1656 viewsmonmouth

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 08:35 - Feb 28 by vetchonian

Plus that team under Brendan had a core which had been together quite while and been coached by Martinez,Sousa and Brendan and were experienced our current team is a moix of youngsters recently thrown together and coached by a rookie so I share some of Mons sentiments but its apples and pears mon

I know, it doesn't mean we can't be aspirational though. At the moment we are not even trying to play decent football. The team that we had all learned to be comfortable on the ball and could actually pass it into the right place and into a players stride. This has simply not got any better in 8 months of 'coaching'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 13:15 - Feb 28 with 1638 viewsvetchonian

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 13:05 - Feb 28 by monmouth

I know, it doesn't mean we can't be aspirational though. At the moment we are not even trying to play decent football. The team that we had all learned to be comfortable on the ball and could actually pass it into the right place and into a players stride. This has simply not got any better in 8 months of 'coaching'.

I dont disagree about the aspiration...one thing has struck me in all of this if you think we had almost 8 great years of football up until the Monk era ..think about it all the "top" sides seem to only manage about that Liverpool dominated in the late 70s 80s Man U early 90s
then Man city no team however "big " they are seem to be able to sustain "high level" performances beyond a 10 year window if that

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 00:24 - Feb 29 with 1552 viewsBadlands

Just watched replays of the goals.
How did Mitrvoch get away with using Cabango's should as a vaulting box?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 00:31 - Feb 29 with 1551 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 21:53 - Feb 26 by lifelong

In all my years of playing and watching football that has to be the worse refereeing performance Iโ€™ve ever seen...disgraceful.

Was it worse than the Linnington game vs Scunthorpe in the league cup?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 02:04 - Feb 29 with 1525 viewsswan65split

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 00:31 - Feb 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Was it worse than the Linnington game vs Scunthorpe in the league cup?

Debatable, but watched the highlights again tonight, and their pen was unbelievable!!! as was the tackle on Ayew, would be down to the individual as to "bias" or incompetence ....i know what i would vote for.
The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 11:02 - Feb 29 with 1471 viewsunion_jack

The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea Match Thread on 02:04 - Feb 29 by swan65split

Debatable, but watched the highlights again tonight, and their pen was unbelievable!!! as was the tackle on Ayew, would be down to the individual as to "bias" or incompetence ....i know what i would vote for.

Good synopsis of the game from Trundle and some angles not shown in the highlights.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024