Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staggering fact of our season so far 22:16 - Feb 22 with 2879 viewsFerryjack123

We're the only team in the championship not to score 2 goals in the first half of any of our matches.. and out of 3,060 minutes played this season we've only been comfortable in games (winning by 2 goals) for 62 minutes! Only in 4 games have we won by 2 goals (QPR, BIRMINGHAM, MIDDLESBROUGH, HUDDERSFIELD) and in those games nearly all the 3rd goals were late goals meaning practically that we're never able to coast to victory in any of our games, we're either hanging on to a slender lead, trying to get back into the game if losing or trying to get the winner if drawing.. this has to be having a effect on the players mentally..
Staggering fact of our season so far on 22:26 - Feb 22 with 2828 viewsCooperman

Crikey, interesting statistics. There's definitely a mentality and mindset issue here.

See what I said on another thread re halftime team talk. The first half wasn't that great but it was a million times better than how we performed in the second half. I cannot put this down to any other reason than mentality.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Staggering fact of our season so far on 22:54 - Feb 22 with 2739 viewsmonmouth

Wow. We picked the wrong season to give up hard drugs.

We all know the reason don't we. Every one of us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Staggering fact of our season so far on 23:18 - Feb 22 with 2669 viewsHighjack

Staggering fact of our season so far on 22:26 - Feb 22 by Cooperman

Crikey, interesting statistics. There's definitely a mentality and mindset issue here.

See what I said on another thread re halftime team talk. The first half wasn't that great but it was a million times better than how we performed in the second half. I cannot put this down to any other reason than mentality.

It’s more likely to do with the fact that other teams make tactical switches to change things and we plod on regardless

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Staggering fact of our season so far on 23:33 - Feb 22 with 2643 viewsexiledclaseboy

We’re a bit rubbish.

Poll: Tory leader

Staggering fact of our season so far on 23:52 - Feb 22 with 2619 viewsploppy

Staggering fact of our season so far on 23:18 - Feb 22 by Highjack

It’s more likely to do with the fact that other teams make tactical switches to change things and we plod on regardless

Agreed, but it's been happening for years - it's nothing new.
Staggering fact of our season so far on 23:53 - Feb 22 with 2611 viewsNotLoyal

And still no goal from a free kick.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Staggering fact of our season so far on 00:23 - Feb 23 with 2570 viewsairedale

Staggering fact of our season so far on 22:54 - Feb 22 by monmouth

Wow. We picked the wrong season to give up hard drugs.

We all know the reason don't we. Every one of us.

I haven’t given up strong drugs though. So?
Staggering fact of our season so far on 04:10 - Feb 23 with 2493 viewsTimTtam

Until we dominate a game and win by 3 goals, I can't see us getting anywhere near the playoffs. Being 1 goal ahead almost all of the time when we lead isn't gonna cut it, and all the opposition needs is 1 chance and that's 2pts dropped. We can't ride our luck much longer.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Login to get fewer ads

Staggering fact of our season so far on 07:08 - Feb 23 with 2431 viewscentrestandswan

https://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-city/tab/matches/season/2011/

Some interesting results there the season we went up. Even being 3-0 up at half time at Wembley I think most of us thought the second half was not going to be a walkover and it wasn't.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Staggering fact of our season so far on 08:16 - Feb 23 with 2358 viewsbuilthjack

Staggering fact of our season so far on 23:53 - Feb 22 by NotLoyal

And still no goal from a free kick.

Grimes can't take a decent free kick.
The corner for Fulton goal yesterday was his best for months. They normally do one of three things; Go five foot high. Go way over everyone with nobody at the back post. Or go straight to the goalie. I bet he's been practicing!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Staggering fact of our season so far on 08:24 - Feb 23 with 2338 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Despite all the negatives we still have more points at this stage of the season than we had under Potter. Makes you wonder how many we would have had with James and Oli.
Could be because the rest of the championship is worse this season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Staggering fact of our season so far on 09:58 - Feb 23 with 2247 viewsNotLoyal

Staggering fact of our season so far on 08:16 - Feb 23 by builthjack

Grimes can't take a decent free kick.
The corner for Fulton goal yesterday was his best for months. They normally do one of three things; Go five foot high. Go way over everyone with nobody at the back post. Or go straight to the goalie. I bet he's been practicing!

Down arrow by mistake.
I expect him to be practising, that’s his fcking job, he hasn’t got fck all else to do. 👍😂

OK I've changed it.

Staggering fact of our season so far on 10:34 - Feb 23 with 2188 viewsbuilthjack

Staggering fact of our season so far on 09:58 - Feb 23 by NotLoyal

Down arrow by mistake.
I expect him to be practising, that’s his fcking job, he hasn’t got fck all else to do. 👍😂

I was being sarcastic when I said about practising

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Staggering fact of our season so far on 10:46 - Feb 23 with 2166 viewsjasper_T

Staggering fact of our season so far on 08:24 - Feb 23 by felixstowe_jack

Despite all the negatives we still have more points at this stage of the season than we had under Potter. Makes you wonder how many we would have had with James and Oli.
Could be because the rest of the championship is worse this season.

We'll still need improvement from somewhere if Cooper's to beat Potter's final tally of 65. Only a couple of whipping boys left for us to beat now. But steal a couple of draws before Boro and Luton and who knows.
Staggering fact of our season so far on 11:46 - Feb 23 with 2071 viewsNotLoyal

Staggering fact of our season so far on 10:34 - Feb 23 by builthjack

I was being sarcastic when I said about practising

I got so alarmed with the down arrow it all became too much.

OK I've changed it.

Staggering fact of our season so far on 14:31 - Feb 23 with 1929 viewsBadlands

That said Fulham have only scored 4 more than us 48/44 but much better in defence.
They have also on won 3 more games than but draw three fewer.
In the words a handful of earlier subs, a little better game management, some sane team coaches and we'd be alongside them.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Staggering fact of our season so far on 15:08 - Feb 23 with 1900 viewsCatullus

Staggering fact of our season so far on 04:10 - Feb 23 by TimTtam

Until we dominate a game and win by 3 goals, I can't see us getting anywhere near the playoffs. Being 1 goal ahead almost all of the time when we lead isn't gonna cut it, and all the opposition needs is 1 chance and that's 2pts dropped. We can't ride our luck much longer.

That little gem is proven by looking at the W/L/D columns. There are a few teams above us who have lost more games than us but they have won more/drawn fewer. Better to win 2 out of 3 and lose 1 than win 1 draw 2. You can be unbeaten but if they are too many draws you will sloide down the table.

3 more goals in the right games and we'd have 6 more points and be top 6. We have to put teams away not go 1 up and think it's enough.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Staggering fact of our season so far on 00:34 - Feb 24 with 1680 viewsbakajack

There is also the psychological effect on opposing teams when the gap is two or more goals compared to when they are only one behind.

While a lot of the time this season we have closed out one goal leads, there have been many occasions when we have not and many of those were teams throwing the kitchen sink at us because they were only one down - if they were down by two or three then usually most teams will just focus on not picking up daft injuries or cards that will hurt them in the next game.
Staggering fact of our season so far on 09:11 - Feb 24 with 1561 viewsmonmouth

Staggering fact of our season so far on 00:34 - Feb 24 by bakajack

There is also the psychological effect on opposing teams when the gap is two or more goals compared to when they are only one behind.

While a lot of the time this season we have closed out one goal leads, there have been many occasions when we have not and many of those were teams throwing the kitchen sink at us because they were only one down - if they were down by two or three then usually most teams will just focus on not picking up daft injuries or cards that will hurt them in the next game.

Even when we’ve held a 1-0 we’ve been very lucky and looked like we wouldn’t (Leeds apart when we should have been buried by then anyway). Cardiff and Luton we’re both garbage, but instead of putting them away we ended up with a very nervous 15 minutes where we just gave them the ball. I suppose there’s never a convincing 1-0 but the point is that we were so much better than these teams, and Charlton and yet could easily have dropped points to them by our own actions.

My opinion doesn’t matter a toss, but I’d need a lot of evidence to the contrary now to believe Cooper is not a pile of shite. We are wasting our valuable time on a complete managerial turd.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024