Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona virus 11:22 - Feb 25 with 8938 viewslonglostjack

How long before games get cancelled if the situation worsens? Could get a bit chaotic in determining promotion and relegation if there are too many.

Edit: Unless they play in empty stadiums Iike they do in Cardiff I suppose.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 11:33]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona virus on 11:48 - Feb 25 with 4681 viewsBadlands

Not a problem here, yet.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Corona virus on 11:54 - Feb 25 with 4671 viewslegoman

Corona virus on 11:48 - Feb 25 by Badlands

Not a problem here, yet.

Won't pay to be complacent folks, is all I will say.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona virus on 12:00 - Feb 25 with 4663 viewsBadlands

Corona virus on 11:54 - Feb 25 by legoman

Won't pay to be complacent folks, is all I will say.

True but also in the same respect there's no point panicking.

Corona virus on 12:02 - Feb 25 with 4659 viewsHighjack

Anyone want to buy some face masks off me? Never worn, stockpiled them for the brexit cliff edge.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona virus on 12:07 - Feb 25 with 4646 viewssainthelens

Corona virus on 12:02 - Feb 25 by Highjack

Anyone want to buy some face masks off me? Never worn, stockpiled them for the brexit cliff edge.

I'll have one, but can you please draw on a false moustache.
Corona virus on 12:33 - Feb 25 with 4603 viewslegoman

If they are the type that we see on TV footage they really won't do much good. The best folks can do is avoid large congregations of people eg in theatres, public transport etc, keep washing your hands at regular intervals, don't get close to others you don't know and most importantly don't touch your face, especially your eyes and nose. This is the predominant way colds and flu are caught.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 12:48]

Corona virus on 12:53 - Feb 25 with 4551 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona virus on 12:33 - Feb 25 by legoman

If they are the type that we see on TV footage they really won't do much good. The best folks can do is avoid large congregations of people eg in theatres, public transport etc, keep washing your hands at regular intervals, don't get close to others you don't know and most importantly don't touch your face, especially your eyes and nose. This is the predominant way colds and flu are caught.

P3 masks will offer protection, but the wearer would need to be face fit tested on the model of mask worn, and would need to be clean shaven.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona virus on 12:57 - Feb 25 with 4540 viewslegoman

Corona virus on 12:53 - Feb 25 by Neath_Jack

P3 masks will offer protection, but the wearer would need to be face fit tested on the model of mask worn, and would need to be clean shaven.

Is the right answer. As I understand it, in many Asian societies, people wear the flimsy style masks because they themselves have a cold or cough and don't want to spread it to others.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 12:59]

Login to get fewer ads

Corona virus on 13:00 - Feb 25 with 4529 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona virus on 12:57 - Feb 25 by legoman

Is the right answer. As I understand it, in many Asian societies, people wear the flimsy style masks because they themselves have a cold or cough and don't want to spread it to others.

Aye, those surgical type masks are pretty useless at stopping anything being inhaled.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona virus on 13:22 - Feb 25 with 4484 viewsProfessor

All of which is correct and need to be careful removing and disposing of the mask.

No current outbreak in UK, confined to cases in isolation. Still relatively unusual other than China-the issues in Italy and South Korea are most worrying. Still killing fewer people than seasonal flu or food poisoning.More serious than I anticipates though.

If there is a wider outbreak then I would expect all sports, cinemas, theatres, schools and universities to close in any affected area.
Corona virus on 13:33 - Feb 25 with 4464 viewsicecoldjack

Corona virus on 12:57 - Feb 25 by legoman

Well, that's not going so well !!
Corona virus on 13:35 - Feb 25 with 4456 viewsSwanjaxs

Ban the Chinese from eating anything that moves would be a start.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona virus on 13:37 - Feb 25 with 4453 viewsHighjack

How do you tell if you have this and not some other flu like illness or common cold that goes around this time of year?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Corona virus on 13:50 - Feb 25 with 4424 viewslegoman

Corona virus on 13:37 - Feb 25 by Highjack

How do you tell if you have this and not some other flu like illness or common cold that goes around this time of year?

Good question. I believe the specific symptoms of this new virus are high fever a dry not productive cough and breathlessness.

I understand most people will experience relatively mild effects but those who are elderly and or have underlying health conditions particularly of the lungs are at greater risk.

Corona virus on 13:57 - Feb 25 with 4416 viewsThrasher6

Ffs...it's not a problem...more people have died this year from Influenza than this. We just react like complete morons every time this happens.....Bird Flu? Ebola? SARS? All those were pretty devastating...?

People...wake up and stop acting like sheep.....don't forget...it's exactly how they want us....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Corona virus on 13:58 - Feb 25 with 4415 viewsHighjack

Corona virus on 13:50 - Feb 25 by legoman

Good question. I believe the specific symptoms of this new virus are high fever a dry not productive cough and breathlessness.

I understand most people will experience relatively mild effects but those who are elderly and or have underlying health conditions particularly of the lungs are at greater risk.

If those are the symptoms then I must have had Coronavirus a few times.

Corona virus on 14:02 - Feb 25 with 4405 viewslegoman

Corona virus on 13:57 - Feb 25 by Thrasher6

Ffs...it's not a problem...more people have died this year from Influenza than this. We just react like complete morons every time this happens.....Bird Flu? Ebola? SARS? All those were pretty devastating...?

People...wake up and stop acting like sheep.....don't forget...it's exactly how they want us....

Hm. Forgive me if I'd prefer to listen to my PhD virologist son rather than someone on Planet Swans.

Corona virus on 14:58 - Feb 25 with 4319 viewsNotLoyal

Corona virus on 12:33 - Feb 25 by legoman

Most of these masks worn in Asia are done so for two reasons.
1. Personal health from traffic fumes.
2. To prevent THEM from passing on germs.
No company would dare sell them to prevent contamination like this.

See, a sensible post.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona virus on 15:00 - Feb 25 with 4312 viewsBadlands

face masks won't help when you hit the bottom of the cliff!

Corona virus on 15:08 - Feb 25 with 4300 viewslegoman

My concern is not so much the virus itself rather the societal impact. If the infection rate is 1% of the UK population that's 650,000 people. If 1% of those infected require hospital treatment because they develop pneumonia that means 6,500 extra patients for the NHS to deal with. And pneumonia sufferers will require ICU beds and so that number will in itself swamp the NHS.

Add to that the need to prioritize the sickest and you can quickly see why this new virus is a concern for us all.

The vast majority will recover but the strain on services could be great.

Corona virus on 15:32 - Feb 25 with 4263 viewsfbreath

These masks no good for my wife then

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Corona virus on 15:41 - Feb 25 with 4248 viewsPolskijack

Corona virus on 13:22 - Feb 25 by Professor

All of which is correct and need to be careful removing and disposing of the mask.

No current outbreak in UK, confined to cases in isolation. Still relatively unusual other than China-the issues in Italy and South Korea are most worrying. Still killing fewer people than seasonal flu or food poisoning.More serious than I anticipates though.

If there is a wider outbreak then I would expect all sports, cinemas, theatres, schools and universities to close in any affected area.

I work in a private language school that the parents have to pay for their kids to attend (not cheap either). The kids turn up with colds, flu, coughs or whatever they have because of this. They are sniffing, coughing and spluttering everywhere as well as infecting all the surfaces, door handles etc so the viruses go around and around, including the teachers. The schools should be one of the first things shut down. No official cases here yet but once there are, I'm staying home in Polski Towers.😀
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 15:43]
Corona virus on 15:54 - Feb 25 with 4215 viewsthornabyswan

Corona virus on 15:00 - Feb 25 by Badlands

face masks won't help when you hit the bottom of the cliff!

Are we on about Coopers tactics for next season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Corona virus on 16:30 - Feb 25 with 4166 viewsCooperman

I was in Japan week before last and my guess is that at least 60% of the general public were wearing the flimsy face masks that have been referred to above. That aside the local authorities had not done much in terms of lock down of public areas / services and the situation was generally played down. It's not unusual at this time of year to see many Japanese folk wearing a mask, certainly not at 6 in 10 but a fair number none the less. They do this in an attempt to avoid passing on germs rather than for self protection purposes.

Fast forward to this week I am in Italy and it's a completely difference scenario. Milan is like a ghost town, petrol stations closed, schools closed, events cancelled, supermarkets empty of both customers and food. The Italian government has reacted decisively and quickly and the mood is very downbeat.

The problem is now a lot closer to home than it was a week or two back. I'm getting out tomorrow and will probably not return here next week.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona virus on 16:33 - Feb 25 with 4161 viewsCooperman

Corona virus on 13:37 - Feb 25 by Highjack

You don't tell. If you have symptoms and are likely to have been in contact with someone from a hot spot then you alert your local health authority and follow their advice.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024