Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gas electric advice please 21:08 - Feb 25 with 1613 viewsthornabyswan

Had a really cheap duel tarrif but the company went bust in September.

Was transferred across to Utilita who have now hit me with a big bill for arrears.

Am I fukced or can this be contested it was my fault really for not shopping around after my old supplier went bust never thought the price difference would be so big.

Also any idea if all arrears have to be cleared before I can move to a new supplier.

And can the current tarrif be contested.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Gas electric advice please on 21:10 - Feb 25 with 1608 viewsdickythorpe

Email Martin Lewis money expert..

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 21:11]
Gas electric advice please on 21:13 - Feb 25 with 1599 viewsthornabyswan

Gas electric advice please on 21:10 - Feb 25 by dickythorpe

Email Martin Lewis money expert..

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 21:11]

Thanks I will crafty bastards these companies I was prepared for a small rise as my old tarrif was cheap but my bills have more than doubled gutted.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 21:15]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Gas electric advice please on 21:19 - Feb 25 with 1580 viewsmajorraglan

Give Citizens Advice a ring and see what they say. There is an Ombudsman for service for disputes, but you may have to complain first.

I am in the process of switching suppliers, my current deal is coming to an end in the immediate future and I am switching to Scottish Power who the search engine claim will be £360 a year cheaper than staying put.
Gas electric advice please on 21:21 - Feb 25 with 1576 viewsDracan66

I went from ScottishPower to octopus Energy....it’s early days but no tie in and great reviews by Which......anybody else with Octopus Energy?
Gas electric advice please on 21:25 - Feb 25 with 1572 viewscontroversial_jack

Octopus energy is great
Gas electric advice please on 21:26 - Feb 25 with 1569 viewsthornabyswan

Gas electric advice please on 21:19 - Feb 25 by majorraglan

Give Citizens Advice a ring and see what they say. There is an Ombudsman for service for disputes, but you may have to complain first.

I am in the process of switching suppliers, my current deal is coming to an end in the immediate future and I am switching to Scottish Power who the search engine claim will be £360 a year cheaper than staying put.

Thanks its a minefield I had a really good deal with Eversmart obviously too good as they went under.

I dont think I am the only one to be caught thousands have been stung I think by utilita.

My mate in work mentioned scottish power today so I may check them out as well.

I am usually careful with bills but have been stitched up this time.

Criminal the number of different tarrifs the government need to sort it.

Gas electric advice please on 21:29 - Feb 25 with 1565 viewsZaxx

Gas electric advice please on 21:25 - Feb 25 by controversial_jack

Octopus energy is great

I concur.
Octopus have been excellent for me.
Gas electric advice please on 21:33 - Feb 25 with 1556 viewsdickythorpe

Gas electric advice please on 21:25 - Feb 25 by controversial_jack

Octopus energy is great

Don't they deal in arms?
Login to get fewer ads

Gas electric advice please on 22:02 - Feb 25 with 1521 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Bulb is decent they offer £50 to existing customers who recommend a new customer who also get £50 for joining. They will also pay any early termination fees.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Gas electric advice please on 22:18 - Feb 25 with 1498 viewsmonmouth

Gas electric advice please on 21:21 - Feb 25 by Dracan66

I went from ScottishPower to octopus Energy....it’s early days but no tie in and great reviews by Which......anybody else with Octopus Energy?

yeah. good service, dont try and be the absolute cheapest.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gas electric advice please on 22:25 - Feb 25 with 1488 viewsbuilthjack

Gas electric advice please on 21:33 - Feb 25 by dickythorpe

Don't they deal in arms?

Darran may know that one

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gas electric advice please on 22:35 - Feb 25 with 1470 viewslifelong

Gas electric advice please on 22:02 - Feb 25 by felixstowe_jack

Bulb is decent they offer £50 to existing customers who recommend a new customer who also get £50 for joining. They will also pay any early termination fees.

I’m with bulb...very good.
Gas electric advice please on 22:45 - Feb 25 with 1452 viewskrunchykarrot

I was with Bulb switching to Avro in March, you can save hundreds if you shop around.
Gas electric advice please on 07:04 - Feb 26 with 1375 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gas electric advice please on 21:13 - Feb 25 by thornabyswan

Thanks I will crafty bastards these companies I was prepared for a small rise as my old tarrif was cheap but my bills have more than doubled gutted.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 21:15]

It should really be nationalized. This sort of thing has happened quite a few times. Be careful when choosing the cheap companies - if for whatever reason you lose supply you may be disconnected for a while. I was always warned about this whilst working with SSE

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gas electric advice please on 07:11 - Feb 26 with 1370 viewsdickythorpe

Good morning Thornaby, here's a helpful contact page for Martin's advice

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/site-contacts/

Good luck and keep us posted
Gas electric advice please on 09:49 - Feb 26 with 1325 viewsItchySphincter

I wouldn't touch Octopus. Went with them 18 months or so ago and halfway through my contract they started collecting smart meter reading and changed the way they calculate bills. I ended up going from being in credit, as I have been with every other supplier, to suddenly owing several hundred pounds. Bunch of crooks that entice you with a deal then sting you.

To the OP - if your supplier says you are in arrears you are in arrears, simple as that. You'll have to pay up.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gas electric advice please on 09:58 - Feb 26 with 1316 viewsCatullus

Gas electric advice please on 21:21 - Feb 25 by Dracan66

I was with Engie who were good and Octopus bought them out recently so we have had to switch. The early signs are very good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gas electric advice please on 10:01 - Feb 26 with 1311 viewspikeypaul

To the OP your arrears are probably due to the months September to February ( new supplier) are the most expensive and your original monthly direct debit was averaged out over the full 12 months.

Do you know your yearly usage in Kwhs, if so post them along with your postcode and I’ll do a comparison for you.

I do one every month since I know my useage which over the last 4 years has stayed remarkably consistent.

Avro have some very cheap tariffs at the moment and no early termination fees and smart meters are not compulsory with any of its tariffs unlike virtually all other companies.

You normally need to pay off any arrears before you are allowed to switch.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Gas electric advice please on 22:07 - Feb 26 with 1204 viewsthornabyswan

Gas electric advice please on 10:01 - Feb 26 by pikeypaul

To the OP your arrears are probably due to the months September to February ( new supplier) are the most expensive and your original monthly direct debit was averaged out over the full 12 months.

Do you know your yearly usage in Kwhs, if so post them along with your postcode and I’ll do a comparison for you.

I do one every month since I know my useage which over the last 4 years has stayed remarkably consistent.

Avro have some very cheap tariffs at the moment and no early termination fees and smart meters are not compulsory with any of its tariffs unlike virtually all other companies.

You normally need to pay off any arrears before you are allowed to switch.

Thanks for the offer mate but I will work it out tomorrow.
Will have to pay it off and find a new supplier.

Thanks for the advice folks need to be wary easy to get caught.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 22:09]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024