Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile in The White House 17:11 - Feb 28 with 3614 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

'They think this is going to bring down Trump' - White House chief of staff

Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney has accused the media of stoking a coronavirus panic because they hope it will "take down" President Trump.

"We took extraordinary steps four or five weeks ago. Why didn't we hear about it? What was going on four or five weeks ago? Impeachment. And that's all the press wanted to talk about," he told a gathering of conservatives on Friday.

He said the press covered impeachment - which saw Mr Trump acquitted earlier in February - because they thought "it would bring down the president".

"The reason they are paying so much attention to it today is that they think this is going to bring down the president, that's what this is all about," he continued.

His advice for the markets, which have been tanking worldwide over virus fears: "Turn off your televisions for 24 hours."

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:54 - Feb 28 with 2393 viewsGlyn1

Did he not close down the Agency that was supposed to deal with pandemics?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:58 - Feb 28 with 2382 viewsCatullus

I've been watching "Designated Survivor" and I think we need to repalce Trump with Kirkman, you know it makes sense.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:45 - Feb 28 with 2332 viewslondonlisa2001

Some Trump lovers on social media are also saying that it’s the ‘left’ making far more of this than should be the case. Trump’s own son was claiming in an interview the democrats want a big outbreak.

Genuinely frightening how stupendously stupid some of them are.
Meanwhile in The White House on 18:58 - Feb 28 with 2307 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I've turned my TV off so that my investments recover.

Meanwhile in The White House on 19:15 - Feb 28 with 2280 viewslondonlisa2001

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:58 - Feb 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

I've turned my TV off so that my investments recover.

There’s a tweet posted by Trump that said if the Dow dropped 1000 points in 2 days the President should be impeached. Obviously while Obama was President.

What’s it down now? 4000 points plus?

He’ll claim soon that the stock market is of absolutely no interest to him, never was, never will be. And his supporters will nod.
Meanwhile in The White House on 19:25 - Feb 28 with 2264 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Meanwhile in The White House on 19:15 - Feb 28 by londonlisa2001

There’s a tweet posted by Trump that said if the Dow dropped 1000 points in 2 days the President should be impeached. Obviously while Obama was President.

What’s it down now? 4000 points plus?

He’ll claim soon that the stock market is of absolutely no interest to him, never was, never will be. And his supporters will nod.

Who knows what they'll come up with next?

Meanwhile in The White House on 19:31 - Feb 28 with 2255 viewslondonlisa2001

Meanwhile in The White House on 19:25 - Feb 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Who knows what they'll come up with next?

The reality is that if this gets contained the market will bounce back.

But it is a demonstration of the markets in general being subject to influences that are out of anyone’s control, and also, often, indicate irrational knee jerk reactions.

His constant claim that the market is down to him is ludicrous.
Meanwhile in The White House on 19:40 - Feb 28 with 2229 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Meanwhile in The White House on 19:31 - Feb 28 by londonlisa2001

The reality is that if this gets contained the market will bounce back.

But it is a demonstration of the markets in general being subject to influences that are out of anyone’s control, and also, often, indicate irrational knee jerk reactions.

His constant claim that the market is down to him is ludicrous.

Yes, P/E rations were very high and due a correction. I'd guess 6 to 12 months to recover from when there's a clear way through this.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile in The White House on 20:29 - Feb 28 with 2198 viewsHumpty

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:45 - Feb 28 by londonlisa2001

Some Trump lovers on social media are also saying that it’s the ‘left’ making far more of this than should be the case. Trump’s own son was claiming in an interview the democrats want a big outbreak.

Some of them?
Meanwhile in The White House on 20:34 - Feb 28 with 2188 viewsCatullus

Meanwhile in The White House on 20:29 - Feb 28 by Humpty

Some of them?

Stupidity is part of the human condition, we are all stupid but some of us don't realise it and never will.

I accepted I am stupid a long while back and I think Trump is madder than a box of frogs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Meanwhile in The White House on 21:04 - Feb 28 with 2163 viewslonglostjack

Fair play though. They‘ve managed to keep him clear of the nuclear button so far.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Meanwhile in The White House on 21:06 - Feb 28 with 2156 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Meanwhile in The White House on 21:04 - Feb 28 by longlostjack

Fair play though. They‘ve managed to keep him clear of the nuclear button so far.

Bad news he's changed to nuclear code to 123 456, good news he can't remember what it is.

Meanwhile in The White House on 21:24 - Feb 28 with 2137 viewsHighjack

Meanwhile in The White House on 20:34 - Feb 28 by Catullus

Stupidity is part of the human condition, we are all stupid but some of us don't realise it and never will.

I accepted I am stupid a long while back and I think Trump is madder than a box of frogs.

Trump is slower than a Kyle Naughton throw in.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:21 - Feb 29 with 1996 viewsTummer_from_Texas

First off, Democrats lied ("distorted the facts") so blatantly about Trump cutting funding to the CDC and NIH, that even the Left-leaning AP fact checking service had to admit it.

https://apnews.com/d36d6c4de29f4d04beda3db00cb46104

Secondly, we have Democrat Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. Three weeks ago, he tweeted criticism at Trump for implementing a ban on travel to China as, of course, racist. Later, he deleted the tweet, right about the time he went on the Senate floor - following the latest party line - slamming Trump for not doing enough to combat Coronavirus. Once again, Trump is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Finally, we have the New York Times, who ran the nonsensical OpEd that we should rename Coronavirus "Trumpvirus"....because Orange Man Bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/opinion/coronavirus-trump.html

So yeah, the Democrats and their allies in the mainstream media have politically weaponized the Coronavirus to attack the POTUS any and every way they can. Just more Trump Derangement Syndrome at work. It all became pathetically humorous a long time ago. Indeed, many worry that a worldwide economic collapse is the one thing that can torpedo Trump's reelection; but I still like to maintain the positive outlook in humanity that most of us are not so ignorant and reactive.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:29 - Feb 29 with 1979 viewsFlashberryjack

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:21 - Feb 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

First off, Democrats lied ("distorted the facts") so blatantly about Trump cutting funding to the CDC and NIH, that even the Left-leaning AP fact checking service had to admit it.

https://apnews.com/d36d6c4de29f4d04beda3db00cb46104

Secondly, we have Democrat Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. Three weeks ago, he tweeted criticism at Trump for implementing a ban on travel to China as, of course, racist. Later, he deleted the tweet, right about the time he went on the Senate floor - following the latest party line - slamming Trump for not doing enough to combat Coronavirus. Once again, Trump is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Finally, we have the New York Times, who ran the nonsensical OpEd that we should rename Coronavirus "Trumpvirus"....because Orange Man Bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/opinion/coronavirus-trump.html

So yeah, the Democrats and their allies in the mainstream media have politically weaponized the Coronavirus to attack the POTUS any and every way they can. Just more Trump Derangement Syndrome at work. It all became pathetically humorous a long time ago. Indeed, many worry that a worldwide economic collapse is the one thing that can torpedo Trump's reelection; but I still like to maintain the positive outlook in humanity that most of us are not so ignorant and reactive.

You are wasting your breath mate... many on here would blame the great fire of London on Trump & Boris if they could.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:44 - Feb 29 with 1959 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:29 - Feb 29 by Flashberryjack

You are wasting your breath mate... many on here would blame the great fire of London on Trump & Boris if they could.

Thanks, I know, but the truth must at least have a voice.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:46 - Feb 29 with 1956 viewsexiledclaseboy

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:44 - Feb 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Thanks, I know, but the truth must at least have a voice.

The truth is very subjective though, don’t you think?

Poll: Tory leader

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:05 - Feb 29 with 1927 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile in The White House on 17:46 - Feb 29 by exiledclaseboy

The truth is very subjective though, don’t you think?

I stick to facts to make my points. I also include links and images so there is proof I'm not talking out of my ass, for those who I know can't be bothered to find the truth themselves.

Compare to the posts above mine.

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:07 - Feb 29 with 1919 viewsexiledclaseboy

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:05 - Feb 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

I stick to facts to make my points. I also include links and images so there is proof I'm not talking out of my ass, for those who I know can't be bothered to find the truth themselves.

Compare to the posts above mine.

Facts are also subjective though, Tumms.

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:19 - Feb 29 with 1891 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:07 - Feb 29 by exiledclaseboy

Facts are also subjective though, Tumms.

Indeed there are at least two or more sides to every story. So I stay open minded to the other side's opinions, as opposed to calling them "frighteningly stupid" and other nonsense.

I do use the term Trump Derangement Syndrome, but that is reserved for describing clear cases of stupidity, hypocrisy, and deceit from the likes of Senator Schumer and the two other examples I gave to show my side of the argument. I don't consider people stupid merely for disagreeing with me.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 18:22]

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:22 - Feb 29 with 1875 viewsexiledclaseboy

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:19 - Feb 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Indeed there are at least two or more sides to every story. So I stay open minded to the other side's opinions, as opposed to calling them "frighteningly stupid" and other nonsense.

I do use the term Trump Derangement Syndrome, but that is reserved for describing clear cases of stupidity, hypocrisy, and deceit from the likes of Senator Schumer and the two other examples I gave to show my side of the argument. I don't consider people stupid merely for disagreeing with me.

While you’re here, and I appreciate that you won’t care too much as a supporter of the GOP, but who do you reckon will end up with the Democrat nomination?

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:28 - Feb 29 with 1866 viewsJack_Meoff

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:19 - Feb 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Never mind all this trivial stuff Tum, where do you stand on this most important of issues - to drink or not to drink?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:41 - Feb 29 with 1847 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:22 - Feb 29 by exiledclaseboy

While you’re here, and I appreciate that you won’t care too much as a supporter of the GOP, but who do you reckon will end up with the Democrat nomination?

Oh no I care quite a bit. While I'm terrified of Bernie's ideology, political policies, and supporters, I respect his integrity more than the others. And his nomination gives the GOP the best chance to not only achieve the reelection, but also gain back the House.

I know from my personal sources just how terrified the Democrats are of a Sanders nomination. Even Democratic pundits like James Carville are now calling him a Communist.

Sanders will certainly win the plurality of delegates; the question is if the DNC can broker a deal among Buttigieg/Biden/Bloomberg/other delegates to rally behind one of the three to stop him. I don't think Bloomberg would be the choice in that case; he's proven to be a disaster on the debate stage, and he has some serious racist skeletons in his closet as NY mayor.

It's a fascinating situation, and I think the answer will PROBABLY be clear after Super Tuesday (March 3). IMO if Sanders doesn't have the delegates to have it all but wrapped up after Tuesday, it will most likely be Buttigieg in a brokered convention.

If that sort of dirty deal happens, I'm concerned that the Bernie Bros/Antifa will all but burn down Milwaukee, the site of the Democrats' convention this summer.

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:48 - Feb 29 with 1827 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:28 - Feb 29 by Jack_Meoff

Never mind all this trivial stuff Tum, where do you stand on this most important of issues - to drink or not to drink?

Pure Idiocracy at work, the hysteria over their name. When I was a teenager, that was my favorite beer.

As a college student, I started visiting Mexico more, and discovered that Corona is considered their trash beer, while Pacifico and Negra Modelo (also made by Grupo Modelo) are far superior beers, and much more expensive over there. Yet all three are the same price in America (and probably the UK), due to the extensive marketing/popularity of Corona.

The hysteria and impending fate of Corona beer reminds me of a product in the early 1980's with an unfortunate name: Ayds Diet Candy.

[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 18:50]

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:53 - Feb 29 with 1807 viewsexiledclaseboy

Meanwhile in The White House on 18:41 - Feb 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oh no I care quite a bit. While I'm terrified of Bernie's ideology, political policies, and supporters, I respect his integrity more than the others. And his nomination gives the GOP the best chance to not only achieve the reelection, but also gain back the House.

I know from my personal sources just how terrified the Democrats are of a Sanders nomination. Even Democratic pundits like James Carville are now calling him a Communist.

Sanders will certainly win the plurality of delegates; the question is if the DNC can broker a deal among Buttigieg/Biden/Bloomberg/other delegates to rally behind one of the three to stop him. I don't think Bloomberg would be the choice in that case; he's proven to be a disaster on the debate stage, and he has some serious racist skeletons in his closet as NY mayor.

It's a fascinating situation, and I think the answer will PROBABLY be clear after Super Tuesday (March 3). IMO if Sanders doesn't have the delegates to have it all but wrapped up after Tuesday, it will most likely be Buttigieg in a brokered convention.

If that sort of dirty deal happens, I'm concerned that the Bernie Bros/Antifa will all but burn down Milwaukee, the site of the Democrats' convention this summer.

It’ll be interesting to see how it unfolds. Bloomberg would be as much of a disaster for the Dems as Sanders. I like Sanders, but the UK definition of “far left” is far removed from its US equivalent. Super Tuesday is always fascinating but this one even more so. And a brokered convention looks almost inevitable. Fun times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024