Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona virus Response in Seattle 15:06 - Mar 3 with 1870 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://mobile.twitter.com/into_the_brush/status/1234685467682979840

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 15:53 - Mar 3 with 1804 viewsCatullus

So the illness/virus isn't contained but the response is very much contained.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 17:39 - Mar 3 with 1719 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 15:53 - Mar 3 by Catullus

So the illness/virus isn't contained but the response is very much contained.

As I said in another thread:

“ He needs to stop talking crap and start testing. We have tested over 11 thousand people here and the US has tested several hundred at last report. You are not reporting cases as it’s mistakenly believed that will provide stability to the markets. Health is more important.”

We have now tested almost 14,000.

If you don’t test, you don’t have cases, you supposedly don’t spook the markets (which is not the case anyway - despite a rate cut by the Fed earlier, the Dow is still down again at the moment).

The US needs to start testing. Urgently. It’s insane.
Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:15 - Mar 3 with 1672 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 17:39 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

“ He needs to stop talking crap and start testing. We have tested over 11 thousand people here and the US has tested several hundred at last report. You are not reporting cases as it’s mistakenly believed that will provide stability to the markets. Health is more important.”

If you don’t test, you don’t have cases, you supposedly don’t spook the markets (which is not the case anyway - despite a rate cut by the Fed earlier, the Dow is still down again at the moment).

With apologies to Cocteau, Trump is a madman who thinks he's Donald Trump.

This ignorant approach will cost lives and hopefully his job.

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:18 - Mar 3 with 1666 viewsWingstandwood

Very impressive and informative interview here, China's response gets a thumbs up from this guy.

Argus!

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:30 - Mar 3 with 1640 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:18 - Mar 3 by Wingstandwood

Very impressive and informative interview here, China's response gets a thumbs up from this guy.

China’s response seems to have been incredibly effective.

It’s difficult to know how the measures they’ve taken have impacted their population (we saw some pictures of buildings being sealed etc and it’s impossible to know whether they were true or not) but the reported cases are dropping quickly and recoveries are increasing quickly.

A few weeks ago it appeared it would affect millions there, and that simply hasn’t happened if reports are true (and independent observers appear to verify that they are, despite initial conspiracy theorists’ views).

I was reading a report from an independent expert earlier which heaped praise on them.

It’s incredible that one of the hospitals they built in a matter of days has already closed as it is no longer needed.
Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:32 - Mar 3 with 1629 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:15 - Mar 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

With apologies to Cocteau, Trump is a madman who thinks he's Donald Trump.

This ignorant approach will cost lives and hopefully his job.

I hold out no hope for it costing him his job.

His supporters seemingly can see no wrong.
Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:40 - Mar 3 with 1605 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:32 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

I hold out no hope for it costing him his job.

His supporters seemingly can see no wrong.

The Seattle case seems to outline an approach of no testing and little treatment, this could escalate out of control, I hope it doesn't for the population but it's a possibility.

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:43 - Mar 3 with 1595 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:40 - Mar 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

The Seattle case seems to outline an approach of no testing and little treatment, this could escalate out of control, I hope it doesn't for the population but it's a possibility.

Yeah but Hillary. Or Obama. Or Biden. Or that ‘bloody commie’ (about as ‘commie’ as Blair, possibly Brown, Miliband at an extreme).
Login to get fewer ads

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:44 - Mar 3 with 1590 viewsWingstandwood

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:30 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

It’s difficult to know how the measures they’ve taken have impacted their population (we saw some pictures of buildings being sealed etc and it’s impossible to know whether they were true or not) but the reported cases are dropping quickly and recoveries are increasing quickly.

A few weeks ago it appeared it would affect millions there, and that simply hasn’t happened if reports are true (and independent observers appear to verify that they are, despite initial conspiracy theorists’ views).

I was reading a report from an independent expert earlier which heaped praise on them.

It’s incredible that one of the hospitals they built in a matter of days has already closed as it is no longer needed.

Really impressive stuff! What really got me thinking about standards Chinese of governance was the way a brand new temporary hospital was both planned/set-up within weeks.

The bulldozers moved in for foundation/hard-standing work and stuff like water, electricity and heating requirement(s) was all fulfilled. Add to that internal equipment, infrastructure, administration and staffing etc.

Now in my opinion, if the Welsh Assembly faced with a task like that? We'd still be at committee stage in 2030, ending up with the project being abandoned and with a review/task force being set-up to look at alternative plans.

Argus!

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:46 - Mar 3 with 1583 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:43 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

Yeah but Hillary. Or Obama. Or Biden. Or that ‘bloody commie’ (about as ‘commie’ as Blair, possibly Brown, Miliband at an extreme).

Okay I can see the kind of argument, it is the Chinese or Iranians doing this to the USA or the democrats health care reforms have created this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/03/health/us-coronavirus-up
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 19:42]

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 20:21 - Mar 3 with 1473 viewslonglostjack

S. Korea will be an interesting one. If they manage to contain it in Daegu too, then drastic quarantining may be the answer. Can’t see it happening in Surrey though. As for the U.S, a good dose of self reflection is necessary. I‘m not holding my breath.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 20:23]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 22:38 - Mar 3 with 1341 viewsmajorraglan

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 20:21 - Mar 3 by longlostjack

S. Korea will be an interesting one. If they manage to contain it in Daegu too, then drastic quarantining may be the answer. Can’t see it happening in Surrey though. As for the U.S, a good dose of self reflection is necessary. I‘m not holding my breath.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 20:23]

I agree with you about South Korea. If that is shown to be the way forward, then Boris is going to have to consider taking some serious action to address the virus and safeguard the population.

The current population of the U.K. is about 70m (ish), if 50% of the population (35m) caught the disease then the consequences could be catastrophic, a 1% mortality rate and we could be looking at around 350,000 additional deaths, at 5% which is at the higher end of the range in the BBC’s article we are looking at potentially 1.75m additional deaths. The CNBC article quotes the WHO mortality rates 3.4%. There are of course lots potential impact factors, let’s hope it won’t be as bad as the articles are suggesting.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/who-says-coronavirus-death-rate-is-3point4percen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51712437
Corona virus Response in Seattle on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 1167 viewsCatullus

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 17:39 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

When Cholera cam into the UK via Sunderland they were slow telling the government because vested interests were worried about the effect on business, the local economy. As a result there were many more deaths than needed be. Those lessons haven't been learned, money is still more important than lives.

The human race is terminally stupid.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 19:19 - Mar 5 with 947 viewsThebus

Corona virus Response in Seattle on 18:30 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

What a load of nonsense. Nothing to thank China about, the virus originated from there, and anyone who thinks they actually build a high standard hospital in days, must be daft as a brush.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024