Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder.... 20:17 - Mar 3 with 8415 viewsandrew

If all the idiots who said they would rather be in the championship then the Premier league after being relegated still think the same now? I’m more bored now than I’ve ever been! I’ve missed 3 home games in the last 2 seasons whereas I missed 2 since 2001 before that.

Players, football, atmosphere, crowd, opposition fans.... absolute dog shite.

I would much rather finish 13/17th in the prem every year than finish mid table in the championship every year.

The only positive for me since being in the championship is a few better away days.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

I wonder.... on 20:25 - Mar 3 with 3945 viewsDrGonzo

Tell that to our previous and current owners.
I wonder.... on 20:29 - Mar 3 with 3930 viewsGaryjack

It would be hard to find an argument against that.
I wonder.... on 20:29 - Mar 3 with 3930 viewsdunvantjack100

I don’t think many would prefer now to what we had when we were finishing top 10 in the premier league. However, compared to what we had to put up with the last couple of seasons before we went down, I’d rather be in a promotion push than a relegation battle.

On top of that, away trips / atmosphere is much better in the championship.
I wonder.... on 20:30 - Mar 3 with 3927 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 20:29 - Mar 3 by dunvantjack100

I don’t think many would prefer now to what we had when we were finishing top 10 in the premier league. However, compared to what we had to put up with the last couple of seasons before we went down, I’d rather be in a promotion push than a relegation battle.

On top of that, away trips / atmosphere is much better in the championship.

Promotion push?
I wonder.... on 20:39 - Mar 3 with 3880 viewshobo

Great post mate, and you're spot on. I really don't know what goes through some people's minds
I wonder.... on 20:53 - Mar 3 with 3811 viewsdickythorpe

Any professional outfit wants to be at the top level.

However, it's not much fun being outclassed and whipping boys
I wonder.... on 20:54 - Mar 3 with 3818 viewsOldjack

I wonder.... on 20:39 - Mar 3 by hobo

Great post mate, and you're spot on. I really don't know what goes through some people's minds

it's all about being able to compete in the prem ,can we do that ,not under this regime, me thinks ,they are takers not givers ,our last two years in the prem were dire . The possibility's of getting really lucky with mangers and cheap good players are very very slim ,At least in the championship we can ATM compete .Getting stuffed week in week out is not for me
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 20:54]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

I wonder.... on 20:55 - Mar 3 with 3814 viewsGaryjack

Even in the season we were relegated, we had great nights at home beating Liverpool and Arsenal in consecutive games. Going to Wembley and getting a point, plus every win was special and better than anything we've experienced since we came down to the Championship. We defied the odds for seven years, and that was so much better than what we are experiencing now.
Login to get fewer ads

I wonder.... on 20:56 - Mar 3 with 3809 viewsQJumpingJack

The only way things will change is if we have new owners.
The club has gone backwards since Summer 2016.
I wonder.... on 20:59 - Mar 3 with 3800 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 20:53 - Mar 3 by dickythorpe

Any professional outfit wants to be at the top level.

However, it's not much fun being outclassed and whipping boys

We weren't though Dicky were we. We were in the same league as everyone outside the top six and even had a more than respectable record against many of those.
I wonder.... on 21:05 - Mar 3 with 3768 viewsSwans9

Sad to see the squad getting weaker and weaker each season. Championship is turning into a reserve division for the premiership clubs to send their players on loan. Our starting 11 for next season is anyone guess.
I wonder.... on 21:33 - Mar 3 with 3677 viewsbuilthjack

We had a good 4/5 years of success in the Premier league. Even the last few years there we were beating top teams . Now if we get a draw at Barnsley we seem happy. Very odd.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I wonder.... on 21:33 - Mar 3 with 3677 viewsSwanjaxs

I wonder.... on 20:59 - Mar 3 by Garyjack

We weren't though Dicky were we. We were in the same league as everyone outside the top six and even had a more than respectable record against many of those.

Factor in no wins from the last 9 League games, and we only went down on the last day of the season...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

I wonder.... on 21:44 - Mar 3 with 3633 viewsdickythorpe

I wonder.... on 20:59 - Mar 3 by Garyjack

We were decent and I couldn't believe we didn't stay up.
I blame Ki first and foremost because he was a liability in that last season.

Anyway I just think that if by some miracle we went up it's not the same club as it was in 2011, there is no symmetry at all.

It would be a disaster as it stands, but we all know that anyway.

9 years ago we all seemed to be part of something new and exciting.

We will all have our memories of 7 exciting seasons.
I wonder.... on 21:50 - Mar 3 with 3613 viewsdunvantjack100

I wonder.... on 20:30 - Mar 3 by Garyjack

Promotion push?

We are 4 points off the playoffs.

If we were 4 points off the relegation zone we’d be in a relegation battle.

Do I believe we’ll make the play offs? No. But like it or not we have a chance, seems like a lot on here almost want us to not have a chance.
I wonder.... on 21:55 - Mar 3 with 3588 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I wonder.... on 21:50 - Mar 3 by dunvantjack100

Do I believe we’ll make the play offs? No. But like it or not we have a chance, seems like a lot on here almost want us to not have a chance.

So not exactly a “play off push “.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I wonder.... on 22:00 - Mar 3 with 3579 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 21:33 - Mar 3 by Swanjaxs

Factor in no wins from the last 9 League games, and we only went down on the last day of the season...

Let's hear from the Championship loving boys next year when we're in the bottom half and taking 1 or 200 hundred away to the 'great atmosphere' away days. Though as a club, we are were we are, but anyone saying the Championship is better than the Prem, quite frankly needs their head tested. I'd understand it coming from a Cardiff fan as their two experiences of Premier league football were a total disaster. Our seven seasons we're fantastic, yet some would rather put that second to having a better day out on the piss!
I wonder.... on 22:04 - Mar 3 with 3557 viewsdunvantjack100

I wonder.... on 22:00 - Mar 3 by Garyjack

Let's hear from the Championship loving boys next year when we're in the bottom half and taking 1 or 200 hundred away to the 'great atmosphere' away days. Though as a club, we are were we are, but anyone saying the Championship is better than the Prem, quite frankly needs their head tested. I'd understand it coming from a Cardiff fan as their two experiences of Premier league football were a total disaster. Our seven seasons we're fantastic, yet some would rather put that second to having a better day out on the piss!

Our away support has been exceptional ever since I started following the Swans in league two.
Don’t see that changing next season. Would like to see the difference in our average away following now to what we had in the prem.
I wonder.... on 22:06 - Mar 3 with 3549 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 21:50 - Mar 3 by dunvantjack100

I'm sure everyone on here wants us to be the best we can be, but that's not the point of the thread is it?
I wonder.... on 22:07 - Mar 3 with 3544 viewsbuilthjack

I wonder.... on 22:04 - Mar 3 by dunvantjack100

Our away support has been exceptional ever since I started following the Swans in league two.
Don’t see that changing next season. Would like to see the difference in our average away following now to what we had in the prem.

Decent away crowds in the Championship. 1600 to Fulham was great.
But we were taking 2000-3000 away in the Premier league.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I wonder.... on 22:13 - Mar 3 with 3527 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 22:04 - Mar 3 by dunvantjack100

Trust me, we're on a downward spiral. If it continues, and i see no reason at this time that it wont, then people will stop going away, just like many have stopped going to home games already. Please don't be naive enough to think it will be any different.
I wonder.... on 22:19 - Mar 3 with 3509 viewsdunvantjack100

I wonder.... on 22:07 - Mar 3 by builthjack

Decent away crowds in the Championship. 1600 to Fulham was great.
But we were taking 2000-3000 away in the Premier league.

I’m not sure on the figures, but to me it felt as though the away attendances outside the top 6 were similar to what they are now, and that we were only selling out for the ‘big games’. Happy to be proven wrong.

Another reason I prefer being in the championship. I remember being in the away end at Old Trafford and seeing Man United tops and cameras galore.
I wonder.... on 22:20 - Mar 3 with 3497 viewsNotLoyal

Didn't mind last season. I didn't realise that people looking forwards to new and more interesting away games were idiots though.
Its amazing what you learn on here.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

I wonder.... on 22:21 - Mar 3 with 3494 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 22:19 - Mar 3 by dunvantjack100

I’m not sure on the figures, but to me it felt as though the away attendances outside the top 6 were similar to what they are now, and that we were only selling out for the ‘big games’. Happy to be proven wrong.

Another reason I prefer being in the championship. I remember being in the away end at Old Trafford and seeing Man United tops and cameras galore.

So why do you hope we can get promoted then?
I wonder.... on 22:27 - Mar 3 with 3469 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 22:20 - Mar 3 by NotLoyal

Didn't mind last season. I didn't realise that people looking forwards to new and more interesting away games were idiots though.
Its amazing what you learn on here.

qué?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024