Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder.... 20:17 - Mar 3 with 8472 viewsandrew

If all the idiots who said they would rather be in the championship then the Premier league after being relegated still think the same now? I’m more bored now than I’ve ever been! I’ve missed 3 home games in the last 2 seasons whereas I missed 2 since 2001 before that.

Players, football, atmosphere, crowd, opposition fans.... absolute dog shite.

I would much rather finish 13/17th in the prem every year than finish mid table in the championship every year.

The only positive for me since being in the championship is a few better away days.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

I wonder.... on 18:28 - Mar 4 with 1400 viewsperplex

I wonder.... on 00:59 - Mar 4 by dunvantjack100

You’re missing the point. If we went up we wouldn’t be ‘competing’ in that league, it’s far too good for our team.

We are going to struggle to compete in this league next season.
I wonder.... on 18:43 - Mar 4 with 1396 viewsDr_Winston

I wonder.... on 18:28 - Mar 4 by perplex

We are going to struggle to compete in this league next season.

We were going to struggle to compete in this league this season too. And last season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I wonder.... on 18:59 - Mar 4 with 1364 viewsdickythorpe

We're struggling now FFS!!!! It's full of mediocre teams, we are one.
Unless we unearth some solid defenders, tough but creative midfielders and wingers we won't threaten the top 6 or finish there.
I wonder.... on 19:09 - Mar 4 with 1366 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 18:43 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

We were going to struggle to compete in this league this season too. And last season.

I know what you're saying Jobs, but................ tick tock, tick tock .
I wonder.... on 20:50 - Mar 4 with 1296 viewsthornabyswan

I wonder.... on 18:43 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

It stands to reason as our wage bill decreases so does the quality of the side.

But we have to cut our cloth and get on with it best we can.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

I wonder.... on 20:56 - Mar 4 with 1287 viewsdunvantjack100

I wonder.... on 18:59 - Mar 4 by dickythorpe

We're struggling now FFS!!!! It's full of mediocre teams, we are one.
Unless we unearth some solid defenders, tough but creative midfielders and wingers we won't threaten the top 6 or finish there.

15 teams worse off that us, if we are mediocre I’m not sure what they are.
I wonder.... on 21:33 - Mar 4 with 1251 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 20:56 - Mar 4 by dunvantjack100

there is none so blind as those who cannot see.
I wonder.... on 21:41 - Mar 4 with 1242 viewsSwanjaxs

I wonder.... on 20:56 - Mar 4 by dunvantjack100

Even more mediocre 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder.... on 00:20 - Mar 5 with 1176 viewsSTID2017

I wonder.... on 18:26 - Mar 4 by perplex

Good post, another baffling thing to me about many of our fans mindsets is when they come out with lets have patience it`s a young team and we are rebuilding, but how can you rebuild with a squad full of players on loan who will be gone soon, along with any of our own players who will be sold just as soon as an half decent offer is made for them.

Exactly. We are just treading water this season and next season may well be harder when a few more of our best players leave and are not replaced.
Personally I preferred watching us in the PL, even when we were struggling, rather than watching us struggle to beat mostly mediocre sides. How anyone can think watching a poor standard of football where we for the most part seem to be huffing and puffing to get results is better than playing in the top league beats me.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 0:22]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

I wonder.... on 06:49 - Mar 5 with 1138 viewsDr_Winston

I wonder.... on 20:50 - Mar 4 by thornabyswan

It stands to reason as our wage bill decreases so does the quality of the side.

But we have to cut our cloth and get on with it best we can.

Our wage bill was one of the lowest the season we got promoted out of this division.

Time and time and time again it's been demonstrated that good coaching and smart recruitment are capable of overcoming a financial deficit and time and time again people totally ignore the evidence and bitch just because other teams spend more than we do.

The budget we'll have next season is more than enough to be competitive given decent management and some savvy work in the market. Our potential deficiencies there are a bigger concern than the budget.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I wonder.... on 06:55 - Mar 5 with 1137 viewsgrabsplatter

I wonder.... on 06:49 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Our wage bill was one of the lowest the season we got promoted out of this division.

Time and time and time again it's been demonstrated that good coaching and smart recruitment are capable of overcoming a financial deficit and time and time again people totally ignore the evidence and bitch just because other teams spend more than we do.

The budget we'll have next season is more than enough to be competitive given decent management and some savvy work in the market. Our potential deficiencies there are a bigger concern than the budget.

Completely agree with this
I wonder.... on 12:59 - Mar 5 with 1044 viewsBadlands

Why?
We are boring now because we have an inept manager - not because other teams are better than us.
We have mostly the same players on the books who played entertaining football last season.
Atmosphere has only occasionally been great at the Liberty but it has dropped off but if the same supporters turn out thee should be no difference.
I suspect the Liverpool & ManU supporting Swans fans who no longer come to watch their 'favourite teams' wouldn't have been the most vocal anyway.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

I wonder.... on 14:34 - Mar 5 with 1013 viewsNotLoyal

I wonder.... on 12:59 - Mar 5 by Badlands

Why?
We are boring now because we have an inept manager - not because other teams are better than us.
We have mostly the same players on the books who played entertaining football last season.
Atmosphere has only occasionally been great at the Liberty but it has dropped off but if the same supporters turn out thee should be no difference.
I suspect the Liverpool & ManU supporting Swans fans who no longer come to watch their 'favourite teams' wouldn't have been the most vocal anyway.

It must be the company I keep but I know no swans fans who support other teams.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

I wonder.... on 15:00 - Mar 5 with 990 viewsFireboy2

I wonder.... on 14:34 - Mar 5 by NotLoyal

Me too.

I dont have time for people who don't truly support the swans.
I wonder.... on 15:38 - Mar 5 with 983 viewspencoedjack

I wonder.... on 14:34 - Mar 5 by NotLoyal

There is a Bassey who drinks in my local who has a C*****f tattoo on 1 leg Man Utd one on another.

Strange.
I wonder.... on 16:56 - Mar 5 with 967 viewsDr_Winston

I know a Cardiff fan who had five stars tattooed on him to represent Liverpool winning the European Cup. No doubt he's up to six now (been a while since I last saw him).

I wonder.... on 17:27 - Mar 5 with 944 viewssainthelens

I wonder.... on 16:56 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

I know a Cardiff fan who had five stars tattooed on him to represent Liverpool winning the European Cup. No doubt he's up to six now (been a while since I last saw him).

He could have 6 stars tattooed....one on each finger.
I wonder.... on 17:29 - Mar 5 with 941 viewsmonmouth

I wonder.... on 17:27 - Mar 5 by sainthelens

He could have 6 stars tattooed....one on each finger.

Tap in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I wonder.... on 17:56 - Mar 5 with 925 viewsairedale

I was standing at the bar in a pub the other day, and I had one foot in Surrey and one foot in Kent.
I wonder.... on 19:21 - Mar 5 with 884 viewsNotLoyal

I wonder.... on 15:38 - Mar 5 by pencoedjack

There is a Bassey who drinks in my local who has a C*****f tattoo on 1 leg Man Utd one on another.

Strange.

But not surprising.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

I wonder.... on 19:30 - Mar 5 with 867 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 19:21 - Mar 5 by NotLoyal

But not surprising.

There used to be a poster on the old sleeping giant site that went by the username of Carpool. Was quite open about it as well.
I always thought i'd like to hit him first for being a plastic tvvat rather than a scummer!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 19:32]
I wonder.... on 19:46 - Mar 5 with 850 viewsSirjohnalot

I was one of those idiots. I like to say I was completely wrong.....Division 1, that’s where it’s at.
I wonder.... on 20:04 - Mar 5 with 842 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 19:46 - Mar 5 by Sirjohnalot

I was one of those idiots. I like to say I was completely wrong.....Division 1, that’s where it’s at.

Nothing wrong with having a favourite 'top side' it's ingrained in most of since we were kids, i've always admired Liverpool as a club, and now i'm married to a lady who was Anfield born and bred (no accent thank fvck). But i would never pay to go and watch them, buy their merchandise, have their tattoos or hope it's 'a draw' when we meet.
I wonder.... on 20:28 - Mar 5 with 816 viewsSirjohnalot

I wonder.... on 20:04 - Mar 5 by Garyjack

Nothing wrong with having a favourite 'top side' it's ingrained in most of since we were kids, i've always admired Liverpool as a club, and now i'm married to a lady who was Anfield born and bred (no accent thank fvck). But i would never pay to go and watch them, buy their merchandise, have their tattoos or hope it's 'a draw' when we meet.

Mine was Arsenal, David Rocastle was a legend, but nothing gave me more pleasure than to see us beating them.
I wonder.... on 20:31 - Mar 5 with 811 viewsGaryjack

I wonder.... on 20:28 - Mar 5 by Sirjohnalot

Mine was Arsenal, David Rocastle was a legend, but nothing gave me more pleasure than to see us beating them.

And we did, many times. Same goes for Liverpool!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024