Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insult to injury? 10:28 - Mar 5 with 4655 viewsPrivate_Partz

Another 400 banking jobs going Cardiff's way.
Starling Bank moving in. It was founded by a woman from...... Swansea!
Hundreds of families moving to Cardiff to add to their already overheated traffic problems.
When will we ever effing learn...
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 10:29]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Insult to injury? on 10:34 - Mar 5 with 3644 viewsVincent_Vega

Saw this yesterday, wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason is Cardiff has modern offices and Swansea has run down tin sheds. Oh and a little sweetener from the WAG wouldn't shock me either (allegedly, no reason to say this just covering thyn posterior)

Bit of a bad show really but hey ho nothing will change

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Insult to injury? on 10:45 - Mar 5 with 3633 viewstheloneranger

This is what she said ...

"The Welsh tech sector is one of the fastest digital economies outside of London, and continues to grow. Cardiff is also a bright, dynamic and entrepreneurial city with a supportive ecosystem which we are looking to tap into as we continue to grow our business and personal accounts.

"We believe that London's success as a fintech hub should enable it to spread wealth and jobs throughout the UK and the wider economy. That's exactly what we're doing with this office in Cardiff."

The bank said it was not receiving any financial support from the Welsh Government for the investment.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Insult to injury? on 13:05 - Mar 5 with 3518 viewsPrivate_Partz

Insult to injury? on 10:45 - Mar 5 by theloneranger

This is what she said ...

"The Welsh tech sector is one of the fastest digital economies outside of London, and continues to grow. Cardiff is also a bright, dynamic and entrepreneurial city with a supportive ecosystem which we are looking to tap into as we continue to grow our business and personal accounts.

"We believe that London's success as a fintech hub should enable it to spread wealth and jobs throughout the UK and the wider economy. That's exactly what we're doing with this office in Cardiff."

The bank said it was not receiving any financial support from the Welsh Government for the investment.

There you go. The WA shove all their eggs in one basket and everything goes there as a result. Cardiff then overheats. Infastructure can't cope and therefore more investment needed. Rinse and repeat. We are little England. Making all the same mistakes as they have done with London. Shame a Swansea woman is so blinkered. Its Internet banking. Could have gone anywhere.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Insult to injury? on 13:15 - Mar 5 with 3500 viewswhiterock

Anne Boden MBE (born January 1960 in Swansea) is a Welsh tech entrepreneur. She is the founder and CEO of Starling Bank, a UK mobile-only bank. In 2018, she received an MBE for services to financial technology.
Insult to injury? on 13:33 - Mar 5 with 3473 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Well West Wales is the most deprived area in Europe under the WAG's watch, it is not attractive to business and needs support.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Insult to injury? on 14:05 - Mar 5 with 3440 viewsBatterseajack

Sad to say it, but to these firms, Cardiff have a bigger employee talent pool to recruit from. If you were going to open up a bank, would you rather open an office in a city where there are already several other banks present, or in one that has none?

This is how the WAGs investment in Cardiff is now paying off, for them.
Insult to injury? on 14:09 - Mar 5 with 3438 viewsPrivate_Partz

Insult to injury? on 13:33 - Mar 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well West Wales is the most deprived area in Europe under the WAG's watch, it is not attractive to business and needs support.

Indeed you would have thought the WA could have offered this woman a subsidy to set up here. I reckon Rhoose has had approaching £100m and more will no doubt go their way with Flybe down the swanny. The whole of Wales, outside of the SE is seriously short of investment and support.

Insult to injury? on 14:59 - Mar 5 with 3394 viewsbennytheblue

Insult to injury? on 14:09 - Mar 5 by Private_Partz

Indeed you would have thought the WA could have offered this woman a subsidy to set up here. I reckon Rhoose has had approaching £100m and more will no doubt go their way with Flybe down the swanny. The whole of Wales, outside of the SE is seriously short of investment and support.

Bit like the south east of England. The central square area now is attracting all sorts, 1000’s of people will work there, straight off the train. She was hardly like to set up by Swansea station was she?
Login to get fewer ads

Insult to injury? on 15:50 - Mar 5 with 3366 viewsCatullus

Insult to injury? on 14:59 - Mar 5 by bennytheblue

Bit like the south east of England. The central square area now is attracting all sorts, 1000’s of people will work there, straight off the train. She was hardly like to set up by Swansea station was she?

That's kind of the point benny. Cardiff has had massive WAG investment to the detriment of the rest of Wales. Swansea is suffering from that lack of investment.

The Senedd can't keep moaning about the state Wales is in when they are every bit as responsible as Westminster for the abandonment of the regions.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Insult to injury? on 16:25 - Mar 5 with 3347 viewsVincent_Vega

Insult to injury? on 14:59 - Mar 5 by bennytheblue

I tend to agree to you. I hate to say it if I was in Starling's position I would've chosen Cardiff to, no brainer. The point is whos fault is it that any company looking to settle in Wales have no choice apart from Cardiff.

Insult to injury? on 16:28 - Mar 5 with 3338 viewsbennytheblue

Insult to injury? on 15:50 - Mar 5 by Catullus

That's kind of the point benny. Cardiff has had massive WAG investment to the detriment of the rest of Wales. Swansea is suffering from that lack of investment.

The Senedd can't keep moaning about the state Wales is in when they are every bit as responsible as Westminster for the abandonment of the regions.

A lot of it has been proved to be privately funded though, not all WAG.
Insult to injury? on 16:33 - Mar 5 with 3330 viewsbennytheblue

“ The bank said it was not receiving any financial support from the Welsh Government for the investment.”

🤷🏼‍♂️
Insult to injury? on 16:41 - Mar 5 with 3323 viewsWingstandwood

Aye, the WAG's hypocrisy and lack of contrition is absolutely staggering!

Argus!

Insult to injury? on 16:42 - Mar 5 with 3322 viewsVincent_Vega

Insult to injury? on 16:28 - Mar 5 by bennytheblue

A lot of it has been proved to be privately funded though, not all WAG.

Well to start the barrage cost £200mil to build and £20million a YEAR to run.

We all pay for that.

£38 million for Cardiff central.

We'll all pay for that

£120mill for the new BBC Building.

We all pay for that.

est £5billion in new transport infustructure

We'll all pay for that in one way or another

So with that in mind can I ask,

Would private investment come to the Diff if those projects being past, present and future never happened/happening?

Would any business or private venture invest anywhere else in Wales when money is clearly being invested in Cardiff with the purpose to improve said area.

I rest my case m'lud

Insult to injury? on 16:47 - Mar 5 with 3317 viewsWingstandwood

Insult to injury? on 16:42 - Mar 5 by Vincent_Vega

We all pay for that.

We'll all pay for that

We all pay for that.

Would private investment come to the Diff if those projects being past, present and future never happened/happening?

Would any business or private venture invest anywhere else in Wales when money is clearly being invested in Cardiff with the purpose to improve said area.

I rest my case m'lud

Aye a Welsh Labour government implementing an agenda of regional division that ( her North v South differential) that Margret Thatcher would have been proud of.

Argus!

Insult to injury? on 17:13 - Mar 5 with 3286 viewsbennytheblue

Insult to injury? on 16:42 - Mar 5 by Vincent_Vega

We all pay for that.

We'll all pay for that

We all pay for that.

I rest my case m'lud

The barrage cost 20 million a year to run? That’s funny.
120 million for bbc building? They will sell the land in llandaff for way more than that.
Looks like you are grasping at straws to be honest. It’s not uncommon
Insult to injury? on 17:22 - Mar 5 with 3279 viewsVincent_Vega

Insult to injury? on 17:13 - Mar 5 by bennytheblue

The barrage cost 20 million a year to run? That’s funny.
120 million for bbc building? They will sell the land in llandaff for way more than that.
Looks like you are grasping at straws to be honest. It’s not uncommon

Exhibit A : Old article but still stands

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2005/jan/05/environment.welshassembly

Exhibit B : And this from the WAG's own propaganda machine

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/appointments/first-bbc-wales-staff-move-1
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 17:22]

Insult to injury? on 17:44 - Mar 5 with 3256 viewsWxmJax

A Bonymaen, Cefn Hengoed girl who's done very well for herself. Nice to see a local success. A pity that the bank couldn't have come to Swansea where she grew up and was educated up to, and including, the University but apparently she's not the major shareholder now so who knows.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Insult to injury? on 17:53 - Mar 5 with 3245 viewscontroversial_jack

We have to face facts. Swansea is a shithole with poor road and rail links. A non electrified railway and a 50 mph motorway
Insult to injury? on 18:10 - Mar 5 with 3215 viewsJack59

It would be nice if the Cardiff Assembly told us exactly how much of our money they are throwing into companies setting up in the Cardiff area.
This should not be happening when other parts of Wales are the poorest in Europe.
The general stupidity and apathy of the Welsh people should not be any excuse.
Insult to injury? on 19:46 - Mar 5 with 3139 viewsPrivate_Partz

Insult to injury? on 17:53 - Mar 5 by controversial_jack

We have to face facts. Swansea is a shithole with poor road and rail links. A non electrified railway and a 50 mph motorway

Indeed but this all happened after the Red Tories got their hidey hole in Cardiff bay.
Yes we have areas of outstanding natural beauty. So has the rest of Wales outside the SE. We all have been shat on from a great height for all things Cardiff.

Insult to injury? on 20:24 - Mar 5 with 3105 viewsJack59

Does anyone know how many signatures are required on a petition to the Welsh Government to debate a possible change in policy?
I know that it's 100,000 signatures required in London, I'm sure that the assembly would not want to appear less democratic than Westminster.
Insult to injury? on 21:00 - Mar 5 with 3082 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Insult to injury? on 13:05 - Mar 5 by Private_Partz

There you go. The WA shove all their eggs in one basket and everything goes there as a result. Cardiff then overheats. Infastructure can't cope and therefore more investment needed. Rinse and repeat. We are little England. Making all the same mistakes as they have done with London. Shame a Swansea woman is so blinkered. Its Internet banking. Could have gone anywhere.

Exactly and absolutely spot on. Its imperative that the people of wales come the next senedd elections vote for a different political party to run wales.
Insult to injury? on 21:49 - Mar 5 with 3048 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Insult to injury? on 21:00 - Mar 5 by blaenaugwentjack

Exactly and absolutely spot on. Its imperative that the people of wales come the next senedd elections vote for a different political party to run wales.

Spot on, if we vote for the same that's what we will get.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Insult to injury? on 23:14 - Mar 5 with 2990 viewsKilkennyjack

Insult to injury? on 13:33 - Mar 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

Fake news.

Did the Welsh Govt waste money on nuclear arms ? £205 billion.
Did the Welsh Govt sanction a series of illegal wars that cost billions ?
Did the Welsh Govt have to waste public money on bailing out a failed banking system ?
Did the Welsh Govt waste billions on Brexit ?
Could do a lot of good with that sort of money...?

Who cancelled the Swansea Tidal lagoon ?
Who cancelled electrification to Swansea ?
Who refused to devolve airport tax to Cardiff, like Scotlands airports and the north of Ireland ?
These are London choices not from Cardiff.

Fairs fair .....

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024