Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... 14:13 - Mar 6 with 3445 viewslegoman

who'd have thought it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51769184

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:46 - Mar 6 with 937 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:39 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

Surely they were just reacting to a developing story?

Could be, but a significant change of reporting dropping the original story altogether. As I said I can offer a whole range of theories.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:48 - Mar 6 with 935 viewsexiledclaseboy

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:45 - Mar 6 by Lohengrin

I’d have thought so, it’s kind of how it works.

Indeed. And the story still on the BBC site still highlights the supermarkets’ disputing Hancock’s comments and reports on the separate discussions (with a different secretary of state) about how to ensure supplies generally and discourage panic buying. There’s nothing unusual here.

Poll: Tory leader

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:49 - Mar 6 with 934 viewsexiledclaseboy

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:46 - Mar 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Could be, but a significant change of reporting dropping the original story altogether. As I said I can offer a whole range of theories.

As my post below highlights, the story on the BBC site still talks about the supermarkets disputing Hancock’s initial comments last night.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:54 - Mar 6 with 925 viewsexiledclaseboy

In fact, the original story is still there.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:56 - Mar 6 with 922 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:49 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

As my post below highlights, the story on the BBC site still talks about the supermarkets disputing Hancock’s initial comments last night.

Well I find it interesting that the BBC top story on Radio and it's mobile website gets dropped off the radio and gets relegated quickly down the mobile website in the space of an hour or so and gets replaced with a very different reporting angle.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:57 - Mar 6 with 921 viewsexiledclaseboy

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:56 - Mar 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well I find it interesting that the BBC top story on Radio and it's mobile website gets dropped off the radio and gets relegated quickly down the mobile website in the space of an hour or so and gets replaced with a very different reporting angle.

You’re looking for things that aren’t there, which isn’t that unusual to be honest, especially when it comes to the BBC.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:59 - Mar 6 with 919 viewsLohengrin

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:54 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

In fact, the original story is still there.

It’s asking the wrong questions of the wrong people. Katharine Hammond heads up the Civil Contingencies Secretariat.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:04 - Mar 6 with 907 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:57 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

You’re looking for things that aren’t there, which isn’t that unusual to be honest, especially when it comes to the BBC.

That's your view which I respect, for whatever reason I experienced a complete change of the story in short time.

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:04 - Mar 6 with 905 viewsexiledclaseboy

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:04 - Mar 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

That's your view which I respect, for whatever reason I experienced a complete change of the story in short time.

What time?

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:08 - Mar 6 with 894 viewsLohengrin

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:04 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

What time?

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:08 - Mar 6 with 893 viewsexiledclaseboy

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:59 - Mar 6 by Lohengrin

It’s asking the wrong questions of the wrong people. Katharine Hammond heads up the Civil Contingencies Secretariat.

Indeed. Although she’s a civil servant and ultimately answerable to ministers. I have a feeling the CCS reports directly to the PM. So that’s reassuring.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:12 - Mar 6 with 887 viewsLohengrin

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:08 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed. Although she’s a civil servant and ultimately answerable to ministers. I have a feeling the CCS reports directly to the PM. So that’s reassuring.

I wouldn’t worry too much. If it gets really serious the grown ups will step forward and they’ll tell Boris what to say and do.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:16 - Mar 6 with 876 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:04 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

What time?

3pm Hancock story on Radio news, 4pm Hancock story on top of mobile website. 5pm PM programme drops Hancock story and has story about BRC and Hancock story relegated down the mobile website off both the front page for BBC main page and news. The reason I checked this was I noticed the big change if approach on the PM programme.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:21 - Mar 6 with 870 viewsexiledclaseboy

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:16 - Mar 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

3pm Hancock story on Radio news, 4pm Hancock story on top of mobile website. 5pm PM programme drops Hancock story and has story about BRC and Hancock story relegated down the mobile website off both the front page for BBC main page and news. The reason I checked this was I noticed the big change if approach on the PM programme.

Yeah that sounds like reacting to developing news to me. The BRC confirmation that they’d been in general talks with the government (but not in the specific subjects Hancock claimed) broke mid-afternoon.

Edit - and of course the government releases updated infection figures and guidance at 2pm every afternoon, immediately relegating any previous lead story down the agenda.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 20:22]

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:25 - Mar 6 with 862 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:21 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah that sounds like reacting to developing news to me. The BRC confirmation that they’d been in general talks with the government (but not in the specific subjects Hancock claimed) broke mid-afternoon.

Edit - and of course the government releases updated infection figures and guidance at 2pm every afternoon, immediately relegating any previous lead story down the agenda.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 20:22]

Well I find it interesting to drop completely a headline story and relegate very quickly off the website, but we can disagree.

Edit, yes at 4 PM the main mobile page still had Hancock as the main story above the newest infection figures.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 20:27]

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:30 - Mar 6 with 853 viewsexiledclaseboy

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:25 - Mar 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well I find it interesting to drop completely a headline story and relegate very quickly off the website, but we can disagree.

Edit, yes at 4 PM the main mobile page still had Hancock as the main story above the newest infection figures.

Yeah but there’s no fun in that. Let’s keep going until you agree that I’m right.

Try an experiment. Pick a random day next week. Check at whatever time you get up in the morning and see what the lead story is on the BBC (or any other news) website. Then check again at 11am to see what they lead story is and where the morning lead story is. Then again at 3pm, 6pm and 10pm.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:41 - Mar 6 with 845 viewsWarwickHunt

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:30 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but there’s no fun in that. Let’s keep going until you agree that I’m right.

Try an experiment. Pick a random day next week. Check at whatever time you get up in the morning and see what the lead story is on the BBC (or any other news) website. Then check again at 11am to see what they lead story is and where the morning lead story is. Then again at 3pm, 6pm and 10pm.

Innit. The clue is in the word “news”.
Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:45 - Mar 6 with 835 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:30 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

I'm definitely right as I offer nothing but the fact I found it of interest.

I'll politely decline to participate in your experiment; today I had the pleasure of being driven around and listen to the radio and browse on my phone today. I find one dose of news a day is enough on a normal day.

Today I also got pissed off with use of emotive language, objective reporting is not the modern way.

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:47 - Mar 6 with 832 viewsNeath_Jack

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:25 - Mar 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

You find it interesting? You should have said mun

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:49 - Mar 6 with 827 viewsWxmJax

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 19:29 - Mar 6 by Lohengrin

Helen Dickinson and Andrew Opie.

They won't be there long.

Andrew Opie (Don't forget to let the video load).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-boris-johnson-food-pr

Helen Dickinson

https://brc.org.uk/news/corporate-affairs/without-comprehensive-trade-deal-uk-co

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/03/big-interview-helen-dickinson-ceo-b

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:55 - Mar 6 with 813 viewsWarwickHunt

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:49 - Mar 6 by WxmJax

They won't be there long.

Andrew Opie (Don't forget to let the video load).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-boris-johnson-food-pr

Helen Dickinson

https://brc.org.uk/news/corporate-affairs/without-comprehensive-trade-deal-uk-co

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/03/big-interview-helen-dickinson-ceo-b

Fûck me! Who knew?
Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:55 - Mar 6 with 812 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Matt Hancock talking Horlicks... on 20:47 - Mar 6 by Neath_Jack

You find it interesting? You should have said mun

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024