Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music you discovered later on in life 20:45 - Mar 6 with 3575 viewsTNT

I like a wide range of music, from Punk to Classical.

I had never listened to Pink Floyd, but bought their last album to see what I may be missing - nothing. I recently watched / listened to a Sky documentary, and heard enough to decide to buy Dark Side Of The Moon the next day. Listened to it most days since.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Music you discovered later on in life on 23:01 - Mar 10 with 631 viewslifelong

Music you discovered later on in life on 22:53 - Mar 10 by Darran

Still on my phone though.👍👌
Music you discovered later on in life on 23:01 - Mar 10 with 631 viewsDarran

Music you discovered later on in life on 22:32 - Mar 10 by lifelong

Another one of my favourites showing the brilliance of Glen Campbell.

Big Cheap Trick fan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Music you discovered later on in life on 10:34 - Mar 20 with 502 viewsLeonWasGod

Music you discovered later on in life on 11:59 - Mar 7 by Jack_Meoff

Jump straight into the deep end pal, you won't regret it...

Cheers for the heads up - been playing Foxtrot and selling Selling England on loop while working from home. Superb stuff - can't believe I never found it before.
Music you discovered later on in life on 12:49 - Mar 20 with 464 viewskrunchykarrot

Music you discovered later on in life on 22:58 - Mar 10 by BDS

Are there genres of music that you cant get into. For me it's jazz. I try now and again, John Coltrane, Miles Davies for example. Just don't get it. I'm sure I must be missing something but don't know what.

Try starting with the amazing Steely Dan, then follow some of the amazing session guys they used. This will be painless i assure you.

For the rest of you take a listen to Asleep at the wheel or if all else fails just put Django on loop.
Music you discovered later on in life on 13:07 - Mar 20 with 455 viewssherpajacob

I'm a Floyd fan but never understood why Dark side got all the plaudits, shewerley "Wish you were here" is their finest work by some distance and genuine contender for greatest album of all time by anyone ever.

I also like the Final cut, but appreciate that's probably just me.

With music I've always preferred to explore older stuff, mainly from the 70s, rather than buy current releases on the simple statistical basis that something that has stood the test of time is likely to be better than something only just produced.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Music you discovered later on in life on 21:23 - Mar 20 with 395 viewsMuteswan

Music you discovered later on in life on 22:58 - Mar 10 by BDS

Are there genres of music that you cant get into. For me it's jazz. I try now and again, John Coltrane, Miles Davies for example. Just don't get it. I'm sure I must be missing something but don't know what.

What type of music do you usually go for? Jazz, like other genres, is very varied and not everything is to everyone’s taste. As previously mentioned, Steely Dan is close to the rock side of music, and is accessible to most rock fans but as far as I’m concerned, it’s jazz. A lot of the big rock and prog musicians were jazz players as well. Warwick mentioned Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce earlier, if you’re a guitar fan there are plenty of rock/jazz players, Pat Metheny and Jeff Beck for example. Try listening to jazz fusion Weather Report, Chic Chorea or some jazz funk Tower Of Power, as these are so different to Coltrane and Miles Davis. Have ever heard Prince play jazz...
Music you discovered later on in life on 22:17 - Mar 21 with 340 viewsBDS

Music you discovered later on in life on 21:23 - Mar 20 by Muteswan

What type of music do you usually go for? Jazz, like other genres, is very varied and not everything is to everyone’s taste. As previously mentioned, Steely Dan is close to the rock side of music, and is accessible to most rock fans but as far as I’m concerned, it’s jazz. A lot of the big rock and prog musicians were jazz players as well. Warwick mentioned Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce earlier, if you’re a guitar fan there are plenty of rock/jazz players, Pat Metheny and Jeff Beck for example. Try listening to jazz fusion Weather Report, Chic Chorea or some jazz funk Tower Of Power, as these are so different to Coltrane and Miles Davis. Have ever heard Prince play jazz...

Big punk fan. I was sixteen in 1977. Still love it, great DIY scene at the moment. I'll have a listen to most things but that freestyle jazz doesn't work for me. Like a bit of Zappa who was a great jazz guitarist. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll give them ago. Hopefully not too late to teach an old dog some new tricks.
Music you discovered later on in life on 22:22 - Mar 21 with 337 viewsDarran

Music you discovered later on in life on 22:17 - Mar 21 by BDS

Big punk fan. I was sixteen in 1977. Still love it, great DIY scene at the moment. I'll have a listen to most things but that freestyle jazz doesn't work for me. Like a bit of Zappa who was a great jazz guitarist. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll give them ago. Hopefully not too late to teach an old dog some new tricks.

If you’re going to get into Zappa go for Sheik Yerbouti,Joes Garage,Zoot Allures or You Are What You Is.
I’m not saying they’re his best albums,I couldn't answer that if you asked me but by fuçk they’re the best sing along albums in my opinion.

Login to get fewer ads

Music you discovered later on in life on 22:25 - Mar 21 with 335 viewsDarran

Music you discovered later on in life on 22:22 - Mar 21 by Darran

If you’re going to get into Zappa go for Sheik Yerbouti,Joes Garage,Zoot Allures or You Are What You Is.
I’m not saying they’re his best albums,I couldn't answer that if you asked me but by fuçk they’re the best sing along albums in my opinion.

Be honest who couldn’t love one of the greatest songs of all time. ?

Music you discovered later on in life on 22:29 - Mar 21 with 326 viewsSwanjaxs

How ironic though x

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024