Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424953 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 21:25 - Mar 25 with 2145 viewsjasper_T

I look at Spain and Italy and wonder how on Earth our experts figure this soft lockdown is going to prevent our NHS from being overwhelmed. Countries that are actually performing widespread testing have seen a spike in their own cases from people coming home from the UK. Self-important celebrities are flouting advice and travelling far and wide while waiting for test results that turn out to be positive.

They already cocked up their original report, not plugging in the proper figures from China and Italy and realising 250k people would die if they went with the "take it on the chin" plan. Why trust them now?
Corona Virus on 21:27 - Mar 25 with 2129 viewsBanosswan

Corona Virus on 21:01 - Mar 25 by Dr_Winston

Who's advice to follow?

Christopher Whitty CB FRCP FFPH FMedSci, consultant physician/epidemiologist/UK Chief Medical Officer & Sir Patrick Vallance FRS FMedSci FRCP, Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government.

Or Kilks.

Whose 😏

However planet swans' (posters, not the site) attitude towards just slagging everything off along party lines is disgusting.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 21:32 - Mar 25 with 2096 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 21:25 - Mar 25 by jasper_T

I look at Spain and Italy and wonder how on Earth our experts figure this soft lockdown is going to prevent our NHS from being overwhelmed. Countries that are actually performing widespread testing have seen a spike in their own cases from people coming home from the UK. Self-important celebrities are flouting advice and travelling far and wide while waiting for test results that turn out to be positive.

They already cocked up their original report, not plugging in the proper figures from China and Italy and realising 250k people would die if they went with the "take it on the chin" plan. Why trust them now?

Italy had a direct line to Wuhan, with thousands of people travelling straight to the worst affected areas after Chinese New Year. The transmission to Spain seems to have been exacerbated by a Champions League game (held at the San Siro in Milan) between Atalanta and Valencia.

The problem is people are looking at one country and expecting things to be exactly the same here, when that's just not going to be the case. Different circumstances, different demographics, different vectors all round.

All this information is out there if people want to take the time to educate themselves. Or they can just hang around on Planetswans repeating the same old stuff.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 21:38 - Mar 25 with 2076 viewschad

Corona Virus on 21:27 - Mar 25 by Banosswan

Whose 😏

However planet swans' (posters, not the site) attitude towards just slagging everything off along party lines is disgusting.

O still, small voice of calm
Corona Virus on 21:48 - Mar 25 with 2031 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 21:32 - Mar 25 by Dr_Winston

Italy had a direct line to Wuhan, with thousands of people travelling straight to the worst affected areas after Chinese New Year. The transmission to Spain seems to have been exacerbated by a Champions League game (held at the San Siro in Milan) between Atalanta and Valencia.

The problem is people are looking at one country and expecting things to be exactly the same here, when that's just not going to be the case. Different circumstances, different demographics, different vectors all round.

All this information is out there if people want to take the time to educate themselves. Or they can just hang around on Planetswans repeating the same old stuff.

Er, one country?
How about Spain, France & the Netherlands who are on exactly the same curve as Italy.
You are the one that needs to get real where data is concerned
Corona Virus on 21:49 - Mar 25 with 2030 viewsCooperman

The other problem that Italy has coming is due to the fact that in the 24 hrs that proceeded lock down many hundreds of thousands of people bolted south to live with other family members. The mass migration was triggered when news of the impending lock down was leaked.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 22:09 - Mar 25 with 1978 viewsBanosswan

Corona Virus on 21:49 - Mar 25 by Cooperman

The other problem that Italy has coming is due to the fact that in the 24 hrs that proceeded lock down many hundreds of thousands of people bolted south to live with other family members. The mass migration was triggered when news of the impending lock down was leaked.

Relatively old, heavily smoking population.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 22:13 - Mar 25 with 1969 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I am reassured by the quality and quantity of the pandemic experts on here.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 22:15 - Mar 25 with 1964 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 22:09 - Mar 25 by Banosswan

I don’t know the demographics or statistics but I do know that mass migration to the south will contribute to the problems in Italy.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 22:27 - Mar 25 with 1943 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 22:09 - Mar 25 by Banosswan

Culture: greet everyone with kiss on both cheeks, large family gatherings at the weekend and church on Sundays sharing the same cup.

A large number of behavioural factors are at play in any society. The Italian cultural behaviours are very different to a country like Japan for instance.

This thing was around from November last year by all accounts, covered up by the Chinese (now admitted), the WHO were issuing bulletins saying there was no person to person contact in mid January.

It is likely that it was too late for the UK to trace case by case by the time we got to the end of January.

It's easy to try and score political points if you are that way inclined the bottom line is that if the Chinese had reacted to the red alert from their doctors instead of locking them up we would not be where we are now.

Our approach is similar to Germany, Holland and France probably because it was too late to trace every case by the time it got to late January.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:04]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 22:42 - Mar 25 with 1899 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 17:20 - Mar 25 by PozuelosSideys

These reporters are idiots. They all ask they same thing over and over again, but just with stronger rhetoric to make themselves sound more important and more urgent than the last idiot.

Im impressed with how patient these 3 are. Id have lost my rag with the stupid questions days ago.

I agree, I have been disappointed with the quality of the questions being asked by these so called top journalists, nobody is asking the difficult incisive questions, it’s as though they don’t want to rock the boat and it seems to be one cosy club.
Corona Virus on 22:46 - Mar 25 with 1882 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 15:54 - Mar 25 by Swanjaxs

Attended the Cheltenham festival apparently

Government should have pulled the plug too, bu5 they didn’t and potentially exposed several hundred thousand people.

In terms of the testing, if you have the cash you can pretty much get anything you want. There was a report on a Harley Street doctor making £2.5m from testing, that may be poetic licence but he’s certainly made some wings if he’s been able to source some tests.
Corona Virus on 23:20 - Mar 25 with 1824 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:51 - Mar 25 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson has cocked it up big time.

If Charles has given it to the Queen and Philip then jolly boy Johnson will be taken to the Tower, and rightly so.

Not enough icu beds, not enough testing, not enough PPE, not enough ventilators, slow to lockdown, and needed to halt travel from places like Italy and China in January.

Johnson is out of his depth.

Everyone is out of their depth with this, apart from the countries who suffered during MERS and SARS because having experienced similar the populations knew they had to step into line.
The big issue here is that so many people ignored the official advice to distance. Thousands of people at the beaches, at Snowdon, at Aviemore, on the trains, people having barbecues. All those people that thought they knew better and when (not if) someone they know dies they'll all be lining up to blame the government.

I've done my best to distance but when you ask someone to stay further away and the react like you're being unreasonable, when you're outside a chemist and people stand right next to you moaning about the queue because they are high risk and need their meds and when you are on a field the size of at least 5 football pitches people still keep heading towards you until you are like a U boat dodging the depth charges, what can th government do.

This lockdown happened because of the very many stupid people who think they know better, who think it won't happen to them ot worse don't seem to care. Those of us who have tried bl00dy hard to distance, as ECB put it, been in full stealth mode, we will suffer the same as the senseless tvvats who've treated this whole thing as a massive inconvenience they can ignore.
I'll have been out twice today, this morning at 6.30 am for 10 minutes for my dog to do his usual and again tonight for the same where (if it's like yesterday) I will see and hear nobody. It's 20 yards from my front door, I'm checking before going out. Is that worse than people who go out once but insist on getting up close despite everything?
My wife works in a hospital, there's much more likelihood she'll fetch this thing home with her. My next trip to a shop or petrol station there's much more chance I'll be infected by some idiot who cant stay even 2 feer away let alone 2 metres.

Bojo has made some poor decisions no doubt but claiming Corbyn would have done better is laughable, he couldn't even run his Labour party properly because he was too busy fence sitting. Or do people believe the man that couldn't convince died in the wool Labour voters to vote for him would have convinced the thousands of stupid people to keep at least 2 metres away?

You can't educate pork as the saying goes but lets face it, humanity has turned this planet into one big pig sty, maybe we deserve this virus.

Edit, yes i know...or...feet....dyed......oink.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:36]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 23:24 - Mar 25 with 1817 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Corona Virus on 23:20 - Mar 25 by Catullus

Everyone is out of their depth with this, apart from the countries who suffered during MERS and SARS because having experienced similar the populations knew they had to step into line.
The big issue here is that so many people ignored the official advice to distance. Thousands of people at the beaches, at Snowdon, at Aviemore, on the trains, people having barbecues. All those people that thought they knew better and when (not if) someone they know dies they'll all be lining up to blame the government.

I've done my best to distance but when you ask someone to stay further away and the react like you're being unreasonable, when you're outside a chemist and people stand right next to you moaning about the queue because they are high risk and need their meds and when you are on a field the size of at least 5 football pitches people still keep heading towards you until you are like a U boat dodging the depth charges, what can th government do.

This lockdown happened because of the very many stupid people who think they know better, who think it won't happen to them ot worse don't seem to care. Those of us who have tried bl00dy hard to distance, as ECB put it, been in full stealth mode, we will suffer the same as the senseless tvvats who've treated this whole thing as a massive inconvenience they can ignore.
I'll have been out twice today, this morning at 6.30 am for 10 minutes for my dog to do his usual and again tonight for the same where (if it's like yesterday) I will see and hear nobody. It's 20 yards from my front door, I'm checking before going out. Is that worse than people who go out once but insist on getting up close despite everything?
My wife works in a hospital, there's much more likelihood she'll fetch this thing home with her. My next trip to a shop or petrol station there's much more chance I'll be infected by some idiot who cant stay even 2 feer away let alone 2 metres.

Bojo has made some poor decisions no doubt but claiming Corbyn would have done better is laughable, he couldn't even run his Labour party properly because he was too busy fence sitting. Or do people believe the man that couldn't convince died in the wool Labour voters to vote for him would have convinced the thousands of stupid people to keep at least 2 metres away?

You can't educate pork as the saying goes but lets face it, humanity has turned this planet into one big pig sty, maybe we deserve this virus.

Bravo sir.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 01:10 - Mar 26 with 1728 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 17:37 - Mar 23 by Thrasher6

Italy report deaths have dropped and number of cases dropped as well today....but of course its not reported because it doesnt suit the narrative the news wants to portray..

Eh?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 01:15 - Mar 26 with 1724 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 18:01 - Mar 23 by Fireboy2

You are getting them mixed up with French HJ.

In a nutshell this debacle has been caused because there are a sh!toad of Chinese approx 200k in northern italy working in fashion sweatshops, they all fvcked off back to wuhan, the capital of the fashion industry in China for the chinese new year at the end of January, they then returned to work in italy, the rest you all know.

On a side note, I wouldn't call the French"natural surrenderers". After all, their boys defended the lines at Dunkirk and some died doing it while our boys ran away (cough, evacuated), it was the right decision but still... They then fought on for weeks afterwards while we were back home.

And in World War One just look up the battle of "Verdun" in Wikipedia or wherever and you'll change your mind.

[I took my own advice and just did that: "The battle lasted for 302 days, the longest and one of the most costly in human history. In 2000, Hannes Heer and Klaus Naumann calculated that the French suffered 377,231 casualties and the Germans 337,000, a total of 714,231, an average of 70,000 a month." And it was the French who won, not the Germans.]

Diversion over, swerve back to the real story.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 1:34]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 06:53 - Mar 26 with 1637 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:27 - Mar 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

Culture: greet everyone with kiss on both cheeks, large family gatherings at the weekend and church on Sundays sharing the same cup.

A large number of behavioural factors are at play in any society. The Italian cultural behaviours are very different to a country like Japan for instance.

This thing was around from November last year by all accounts, covered up by the Chinese (now admitted), the WHO were issuing bulletins saying there was no person to person contact in mid January.

It is likely that it was too late for the UK to trace case by case by the time we got to the end of January.

It's easy to try and score political points if you are that way inclined the bottom line is that if the Chinese had reacted to the red alert from their doctors instead of locking them up we would not be where we are now.

Our approach is similar to Germany, Holland and France probably because it was too late to trace every case by the time it got to late January.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:04]

There has to be a reckoning with the Chinese Government at the end of all this.

How many lives could have been saved, how much economic damage could have been avoided if they'd done the right thing from day one instead of trying to cover it up?

Even now you have to treat their official figures with absolute suspicion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 07:28 - Mar 26 with 1608 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 01:10 - Mar 26 by Glyn1

Eh?

I know! If it's not being reported why have I seen it on several news bulletins?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 08:40 - Mar 26 with 1550 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 07:28 - Mar 26 by Catullus

I know! If it's not being reported why have I seen it on several news bulletins?

Saw single occupants wearing masks while driving cars yesterday. 😂

Edit: didn’t mean to quote you.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 8:42]
Corona Virus on 08:44 - Mar 26 with 1539 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 01:15 - Mar 26 by Glyn1

On a side note, I wouldn't call the French"natural surrenderers". After all, their boys defended the lines at Dunkirk and some died doing it while our boys ran away (cough, evacuated), it was the right decision but still... They then fought on for weeks afterwards while we were back home.

And in World War One just look up the battle of "Verdun" in Wikipedia or wherever and you'll change your mind.

[I took my own advice and just did that: "The battle lasted for 302 days, the longest and one of the most costly in human history. In 2000, Hannes Heer and Klaus Naumann calculated that the French suffered 377,231 casualties and the Germans 337,000, a total of 714,231, an average of 70,000 a month." And it was the French who won, not the Germans.]

Diversion over, swerve back to the real story.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 1:34]

It was just a poke at lazy national stereotypes. I didn’t mean it. Allo Allo is one of my favourite historical documentaries. Heroes the lot of them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 08:51 - Mar 26 with 1523 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 01:10 - Mar 26 by Glyn1

Eh?

The number of *new* deaths and cases identified didn't rise over the day previous. Not accurate to say the number of cases and deaths dropped. There are still more active cases in Italy than ever (since full recovery takes so long) and it was the third deadliest 24 hour period of the virus in the country so far ( https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/).

It's over two weeks now since the Italian lockdowns were being implemented so if we didn't see a levelling off or reduction in the daily rates then we would have to be very worried.
Corona Virus on 08:56 - Mar 26 with 1506 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Corona Virus on 23:20 - Mar 25 by Catullus

Unfair on Corbyn. I don’t even know why you’re brining his name into it . He would still have to deal with people flouting advice as we’re seeing with Johnson’s advice right now.

For the record Johnson may have got the herd mentality thing totally wrong but this is unknown territory. Even though I despise the tories and their defenders I hope what’s being done works.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona Virus on 09:10 - Mar 26 with 1478 viewsbuilthjack

Corona Virus on 22:42 - Mar 25 by majorraglan

I agree, I have been disappointed with the quality of the questions being asked by these so called top journalists, nobody is asking the difficult incisive questions, it’s as though they don’t want to rock the boat and it seems to be one cosy club.

But they never answer difficult questions

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona Virus on 09:32 - Mar 26 with 1446 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 08:44 - Mar 26 by Highjack

It was just a poke at lazy national stereotypes. I didn’t mean it. Allo Allo is one of my favourite historical documentaries. Heroes the lot of them.

Same here HJ.

I think the french are great for sticking up for themselves.

They get vilified for going on strike but as I know having been through one it's a tough choice to make having gone through every avenue.
Corona Virus on 10:29 - Mar 26 with 1807 viewsBest_loser

So now it's official

Every American gets a free 1200 dollars

What do we get ?

They should cancel council tax for a month at least
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024