Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 424949 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 22:40 - Mar 7 with 36492 viewsThebus

Stop watching the news.
Corona Virus on 22:52 - Mar 7 with 36474 viewsjack2jack

Hard to say really,trouble is most folk will think they just have a cold or flue.
The advice seems to be to self isolate if you think you have the virus, so many will carry on regardless, and not get checked out.
The number of known cases will surely get worse over the coming weeks,before, more radical steps are taken to slow down the spread of the virus.
All you can do is follow the current guidelines in terms of personal hygiene.
Corona Virus on 22:54 - Mar 7 with 36483 viewsDr_Winston

Most people will be fine, even if they contract it.

As someone with two parents in their 60's, both of whom have COPD I am a bit concerned.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 23:00 - Mar 7 with 36463 viewslifelong

When you look at what they are doing in Italy it could get quite serious if it escalates to the same scale here.
Worrying for elderly people and those with health conditions.
Corona Virus on 23:10 - Mar 7 with 36423 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/07/coronavirus-reasons-to-be-reassure

Trying to post a bit of positive stuff in obviously a worrying period of time for many. This virus impacts everything i.e. health, economy (seen the FTSE!) and services. One thing we've all got destiny of i.e. is washing our hands prior to eating etc. Lessens chance of infection and spreading of.

Argus!

Corona Virus on 23:11 - Mar 7 with 36425 viewsBrynCartwright

Anything that incentivises the great unwashed to wash their hands more often has to be embraced.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Corona Virus on 23:18 - Mar 7 with 36405 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 23:11 - Mar 7 by BrynCartwright

Anything that incentivises the great unwashed to wash their hands more often has to be embraced.

The fact that hand sanitiser is running out may be bad news by the very fact its in short supply, but nevertheless good news that so many people are limiting the virus spread by being hand-washing proactive.

Argus!

Corona Virus on 23:20 - Mar 7 with 36413 viewsCooperman

Over the course of the last year I have spent two weeks out of four working in Italy and one in four in Japan. In my mind it’s serious enough for me to call time on such working arrangements. It’s not just about me though; I am thinking of all those UK based people that I come into contact with who might be more vulnerable than myself.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 23:23 - Mar 7 with 36396 viewssainthelens

Having 100 thousand unwashed irishmen at Cheltenham next week will finish us all off.
Corona Virus on 23:27 - Mar 7 with 36394 viewsNeathJack

This Twitter thread is worth a read. You might want a stiff drink first though.

Corona Virus on 23:38 - Mar 7 with 36374 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 23:27 - Mar 7 by NeathJack

This Twitter thread is worth a read. You might want a stiff drink first though.

I read that earlier. I’m not necessarily in agreement with all of her assumptions but I can’t argue against her point that we could be locking down a bit more than we actually are. The Italian authorities made some pretty bold decisions a week or so back and my guess is that these will help their local situation get under control sooner rather than later.

Corona Virus on 23:43 - Mar 7 with 36367 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 23:38 - Mar 7 by Cooperman

I read that earlier. I’m not necessarily in agreement with all of her assumptions but I can’t argue against her point that we could be locking down a bit more than we actually are. The Italian authorities made some pretty bold decisions a week or so back and my guess is that these will help their local situation get under control sooner rather than later.

Looks like the Italians are going for a lockdown, giving health services a chance to support those badly affected seems to be the focus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51787238
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 23:44]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 23:45 - Mar 7 with 36358 viewsNeathJack

Corona Virus on 23:38 - Mar 7 by Cooperman

Corona Virus on 23:49 - Mar 7 with 36350 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 23:43 - Mar 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

Looks like the Italians are going for a lockdown, giving health services a chance to support those badly affected seems to be the focus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51787238
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 23:44]

It’s already started in some areas; schools and public offices have been closed for a few weeks in certain areas. We’ve now got part of our private sector workforce who are starting to push for embargo’s on coming into office and we are now exploring working from home arrangements for them.

Corona Virus on 23:56 - Mar 7 with 36337 viewsNeathJack

Corona Virus on 23:49 - Mar 7 by Cooperman

It’s already started in some areas; schools and public offices have been closed for a few weeks in certain areas. We’ve now got part of our private sector workforce who are starting to push for embargo’s on coming into office and we are now exploring working from home arrangements for them.

The self employed, zero hours contract workers, and even those who get sanctioned for not attending Universal Credit interviews etc are going to be in a bit of a pickle here, and that's putting it nicely.

If this blows up as it very well could, then who knows how it all ends economically, let alone health wise.
Corona Virus on 00:17 - Mar 8 with 36307 viewsExiledJack

Containment is the only weapon we have against the virus, and by all accounts seems to have been successful in China.

I hope it works just as well for Italy, and also hope the UK is proactive in adopting similar measures rather than reactive.
Corona Virus on 00:32 - Mar 8 with 36290 viewsexiledclaseboy

Give it a month and we’ll all be talking about something else.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 00:47 - Mar 8 with 36267 viewsLohengrin

Corona Virus on 00:32 - Mar 8 by exiledclaseboy

They’ll keep this going as long as they possibly can in the headlines, keep folk distracted from what’s happening on the borders of Greece.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corona Virus on 01:40 - Mar 8 with 36226 viewsswan65split

Corona Virus on 00:47 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

They’ll keep this going as long as they possibly can in the headlines, keep folk distracted from what’s happening on the borders of Greece.

yep same wave length, 4 mill into Eu !!! now thats frightening.
Corona Virus on 01:56 - Mar 8 with 36221 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 00:47 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

They’re all doctors, nurses and neurosurgeons mun.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 06:49 - Mar 8 with 36130 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 23:49 - Mar 7 by Cooperman

In 3/4 weeks schools and colleges close for 2 or 3 weeks, a good time to do some self isolation for many possibly. With such mild symptoms for many lies the problem as passing it on to older people with conditions is what will see them off.
Corona Virus on 07:09 - Mar 8 with 36110 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 06:49 - Mar 8 by bennytheblue

In 3/4 weeks schools and colleges close for 2 or 3 weeks, a good time to do some self isolation for many possibly. With such mild symptoms for many lies the problem as passing it on to older people with conditions is what will see them off.

On average 17,000 people die from flu in England alone each year.
Corona Virus on 07:11 - Mar 8 with 36108 viewsbennytheblue

Corona Virus on 07:09 - Mar 8 by Thebus

On average 17,000 people die from flu in England alone each year.

In England alone? Sure? Well I guess this thing is an extension of it.about 50,000 globally a day combined from cancer, heart disease and diabetes......
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 7:13]
Corona Virus on 07:30 - Mar 8 with 36094 viewsjojaca

Once you start seeing dead bodies everywhere then start to panic. Everything has been fine this week, only seen an Asian couple with full kit on shopping, but no panic buying.

Just play guess the number games with how many articles Daily Mail will publish daily and what is the daily death count. The more exaggerated the headline, the more click baits.

Even when you know, you never know?

Corona Virus on 07:42 - Mar 8 with 36088 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 00:32 - Mar 8 by exiledclaseboy

I hope you’re right but I think the reality will be different.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024