Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 432776 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 22:08 - Apr 4 with 1413 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 22:04 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

The difficulty is in getting that backing. The political and cultural resistance in making any kind of serious changes to the NHS and the services it provides must be immense.

For example, I'd charge £10 for a GP's appointment (means tested) and £100 for missing one. Bank details to be provided at the point of booking.

I would also put a stop to the lawsuit culture. You take treatment at your own risk, or you don’t take treatment, and you accept the chance of human error. You can sue if you can prove deliberate negligence. Your choice.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 22:08 - Apr 4 with 1412 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 21:58 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

As long as the NHS remains free at the point of service to provide critical and ongoing healthcare nothing else should remain off the table.

Nobody wants to go down the American road, but there has to be better ways of doing things.

Lots to consider, including the fact that some A&E Departments have seen 20 to 30 per cent reductions in use since the virus hit, there is also the issue of abuse that NHS staff get........a whole system review without political interference needed.

We obviously have some great health expertise and some excellent organisation managers in the UK, I'd favour an independent body to run the NHS with governments left to fund it.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 22:12]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 22:10 - Apr 4 with 1401 viewsBillyChong

Corona Virus on 21:17 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

Unless it's unique amongst Government departments, the level of waste and unnecessary expenditure in the NHS must be off the scale considering the £150bn+ annual budget. The German system has received plaudits during the current situation, but there's a level of private insurance involvement there that would cause outrage here.

Serious, non political, non hysterical discussions must take place after this about how the NHS is funded, what services it provides and perhaps most importantly where it sources its required supplies from.

What sort of NI contributions do the Germans make?
Corona Virus on 22:11 - Apr 4 with 1394 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 22:08 - Apr 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Lots to consider, including the fact that some A&E Departments have seen 20 to 30 per cent reductions in use since the virus hit, there is also the issue of abuse that NHS staff get........a whole system review without political interference needed.

We obviously have some great health expertise and some excellent organisation managers in the UK, I'd favour an independent body to run the NHS with governments left to fund it.

Abuse anyone, no treatment. Doctor/nurse decision final security enforced. Pissed up? Come back when you sober up unless you are going to die. Some things are not hard with the political will behind it.

Corona Virus on 22:12 - Apr 4 with 1390 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:08 - Apr 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Should be a sorting system at the entrance to A&E. Unless it's either people should be told to piss off.

As I've said on another thread, anyone who abuses a member of NHS staff should receive a five year ban from using it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 22:13 - Apr 4 with 1382 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 22:12 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

Should be a sorting system at the entrance to A&E. Unless it's either people should be told to piss off.

As I've said on another thread, anyone who abuses a member of NHS staff should receive a five year ban from using it.

Yes, and turn up pissed out of your brain on a Friday night needing your stomach pump means you pay for the help you get.

Corona Virus on 22:14 - Apr 4 with 1382 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 22:10 - Apr 4 by BillyChong

Isn’t NI just another tax to fool people about the tax burden? It’s not hypothecated is it? So you’d have to ask what the combined tax rate is.

Corona Virus on 22:14 - Apr 4 with 1380 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:10 - Apr 4 by BillyChong

AFAIK health insurance in Germany is separate from unemployment insurance. Might be wrong.

People who can afford it pay for private health insurance, those who can't get Government cover.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 22:17 - Apr 4 with 1362 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 19:40 - Apr 4 by Thrasher6

Answer this question. Covid 19 deaths are 1% of the total deaths in that National Statistic. 99% of deaths are not related. Maybe 10% of those are influenza related....(thats why we have free flu jabs)
So if Sky News, BBC etc put out the daily figures for people dying of flu related illnesses..the figures would be far far more alarming....and would send people into a panic. They never have. But on Covid19 they have....in spades...in an hysterical frenzy...and it is completely over the top.
The world's population is 7.7 billion. Covid cases hit one million....not deaths just those that have had it. That is 1 in 7,700.

Influenza doesn't kill the medical staff treating the patients. It doesn't kill relatively young and healthy people. It doesn't hospitalise 20% of the people who are confirmed to catch it.

Only 1 in 7700 people (so far) in the world have contracted it because wherever there is an outbreak society has had to be shut down. If that hadn't happened 20% of people who catch would end up in hospital, any health service in the world would not be anywhere being able to treat patients with covid let alone the other health issues that would continue to happen.
Corona Virus on 22:25 - Apr 4 with 1338 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:13 - Apr 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, and turn up pissed out of your brain on a Friday night needing your stomach pump means you pay for the help you get.

Definitely.

Corona Virus on 22:32 - Apr 4 with 1324 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 22:13 - Apr 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

My gut feeling is to agree, but what if you turn up with a snapped tendon from playing football (my mate), a broken collar bone from rugby (me), or a broken ankle from ice skating (My sister, silly tart!) all self inflicted. I suppose there’d have to be a shit list of things known to be self harm.

Off topic, That’s another one actually, self harm. My missus says you wouldn’t believe the trend she’s seen on that over 15 years.

Corona Virus on 22:37 - Apr 4 with 1316 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:32 - Apr 4 by monmouth

My gut feeling is to agree, but what if you turn up with a snapped tendon from playing football (my mate), a broken collar bone from rugby (me), or a broken ankle from ice skating (My sister, silly tart!) all self inflicted. I suppose there’d have to be a shit list of things known to be self harm.

Off topic, That’s another one actually, self harm. My missus says you wouldn’t believe the trend she’s seen on that over 15 years.

The first three would definitely count as accidents. Self harm I'd imagine would be considered an emergency for sure.

I'd happily wager that any experienced A&E doctor or nurse can tell the difference between a genuine case and a tosser trying it on. Give them the power to make those decisions and the backing if on the rare occasions they might get it wrong.

Corona Virus on 22:55 - Apr 4 with 1283 viewslonglostjack

Answer this question. Covid 19 deaths are 1% of the total deaths in that National Statistic. 99% of deaths are not related. Maybe 10% of those are influenza related....(thats why we have free flu jabs)
So if Sky News, BBC etc put out the daily figures for people dying of flu related illnesses..the figures would be far far more alarming....and would send people into a panic. They never have. But on Covid19 they have....in spades...in an hysterical frenzy...and it is completely over the top.
The world's population is 7.7 billion. Covid cases hit one million....not deaths just those that have had it. That is 1 in 7,700.

When was the last time you saw field hospitals being prepared in Wales? Or do you think they’re overreacting ? FFS grow up.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 23:05 - Apr 4 with 1261 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 22:17 - Apr 4 by Scotia

Influenza doesn't kill the medical staff treating the patients. It doesn't kill relatively young and healthy people. It doesn't hospitalise 20% of the people who are confirmed to catch it.

Only 1 in 7700 people (so far) in the world have contracted it because wherever there is an outbreak society has had to be shut down. If that hadn't happened 20% of people who catch would end up in hospital, any health service in the world would not be anywhere being able to treat patients with covid let alone the other health issues that would continue to happen.

Yes flu kills medical staff and young people every year.
In fact hundreds of young Americans without underlying health conditions have died of seasonal flu in the last few years.

As for hospitalising 20 % where’s the evidence ?
Corona Virus on 23:22 - Apr 4 with 1241 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 23:05 - Apr 4 by Thebus

Yes flu kills medical staff and young people every year.
In fact hundreds of young Americans without underlying health conditions have died of seasonal flu in the last few years.

As for hospitalising 20 % where’s the evidence ?

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infograph

Corona Virus on 23:29 - Apr 4 with 1229 viewsmajorraglan

For the last 5 years the number of deaths associated with flu has averaged 17,000; last year it was 1692 (Public Health England official figures).

The UK’s first CV related death was on the 28.2 not 5.3 as originally suspected, since then 4313 CV related deaths have been reported including 1961 in the last 3 days. Sadly, that will probably exceed 10,000 in a week or so.

Flu isn’t good news, buts it’s clear to MST including the Government who have pretty much shut everything down at huge cost to the country that this has the potential to be much worse than the flu. Even our top people are saying we’ll have done well if we keep it under 20,000.

You talk about 1 in 7,700, this illness has only been about for about 5 months. The potential devastation this virus could cause In countries where the healthcare provision is considerably less developed than Europe and the US is frightening.
Corona Virus on 23:40 - Apr 4 with 1198 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tell you what, i think the US is going to get a kicking with this. 3500 already in NY State alone (20m population). How long has it been there, 10 days? If that goes coast to coast, the sheer number of people and lack of infrastructure readiness will be a problem in a country with over 5 times as many heads as here.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Corona Virus on 23:43 - Apr 4 with 1186 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 23:40 - Apr 4 by PozuelosSideys

Tell you what, i think the US is going to get a kicking with this. 3500 already in NY State alone (20m population). How long has it been there, 10 days? If that goes coast to coast, the sheer number of people and lack of infrastructure readiness will be a problem in a country with over 5 times as many heads as here.

And Trump will scapegoat 3M for "not doing enough to supply America with N95 masks whilst they supply foreign markets".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 23:44 - Apr 4 with 1184 viewsCooperman

And it will go coast to coast as there are hundreds of internal flights in the sky at any moment in time.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 23:44 - Apr 4 with 1184 viewsairedale

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Apr 4 by monmouth

As a former ‘value for money’ executive in the NHS, I couldn’t agree more, and that was in the 1980s. I was young, naive and super enthusiastic. It would need some serious backing to do. I got none. The resistance to doing anything serious that might offend any self important arsehole was phenomenal. I gave up and left in disgust at the priorities.

Here’s some ridiculous ideas for you Monny. You take a couple of painters trestles and an old door out of a decrepit building, plus a clean sheet and you’ve got an operating table. Ridiculous right. How much do you reckon the NHS are paying for those Humvee operating tales you see on programs like Casuality? Same with the beds and whatever else you see. The people supplying that shit must be creaming it in.
Corona Virus on 23:45 - Apr 4 with 1183 viewsDr_Winston

America might actually get close to the number of deaths that the Chinese Government are pretending that they haven't had.

Corona Virus on 23:45 - Apr 4 with 1181 viewsTNT

Corona Virus on 08:38 - Apr 4 by epaul

So looking forward to having a pint with you mate, as soon as we can.....

Schools wouldn't be open if it wasn't for the teachers, but the teachers wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the cleaners sanitising and cleaning the place n the first instance on a daily basis............. proud of my team who have worked their backsides off to make this possible, every little helps, admittdly we're only a small cog in the chain at the lower end but neverless a needed one...........
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 8:46]

'So looking forward to having a pint with you mate, as soon as we can...'

We had it all planned for today mwsh! Couple of pints (beat Wednesday), happy days.

We'll catch up at some point. Top man.

So looking forward to having a pint with you mate, as soon as we can...

You Jack Bastard!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Corona Virus on 00:04 - Apr 5 with 1152 viewshowenjack

Corona Virus on 22:11 - Apr 4 by monmouth

Abuse anyone, no treatment. Doctor/nurse decision final security enforced. Pissed up? Come back when you sober up unless you are going to die. Some things are not hard with the political will behind it.

Ive got a mate who is a security guard at a hospital some of the things he's told me include - facing down and disarming a guy holding a gun pointed at him and knocking out a man running down a corridor with a machete in his hand.
Corona Virus on 00:42 - Apr 5 with 1118 viewsJack123

Trying to be upbeat here, but i am so glad that Italy death toll is falling, long may it continue.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 08:41 - Apr 5 with 1824 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 00:42 - Apr 5 by Jack123

Trying to be upbeat here, but i am so glad that Italy death toll is falling, long may it continue.

It’s been a long and painful journey just to get to this point but this is nowhere near the end for them. I hope their government is now using this data to drive the public to be even stronger in terms of respecting the lockdown conditions. Ditto Spain who are not too far behind the Italian curve. All nations can learn from this.

Meanwhile in the USA - last night I did a quick count of internal US flights by America, United and Delta and the total was more than 300. I can only assume that there are people moving around the country (as opposed to planes being flown devoid of passengers) which just tells me that they are screwed for many weeks or months longer than what Europe will be.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024