Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437464 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 18:57 - Apr 2 with 1913 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 13:57 - Apr 2 by CountyJim

Someone in work just said there's a load come from Army hospitals

Makes you wonder how many beds they got in Army then

We are building a few of these new facilities, for a couple of different health boards.

I asked the same question on the weekend, and one of the health board chaps told me that they were about to start changing the majority of the beds this year, so there was already a good supply of them waiting to go before this kicked off. Then i asked a chap from one of the other health boards and he said he didn't know anything about the proposed beds upgrade, but that didn't necessarily mean it wasn't being planned.

The first of the bed deliveries are starting at one of the new facilities we've done, next week.

And I've got to say, the various tradesmen that are working on these projects have been absolutely colossal, never seen anything like it before in my life.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 18:59 - Apr 2 with 1906 viewsNeath_Jack

And this thread gets more surreal by the day

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 19:02 - Apr 2 with 1897 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:56 - Apr 2 by CountyJim

I've done my 7 days im fit for work

Ah. I thought you’d said it more recently than 7 days ago. Time is weird at the moment.

Good news that you’re feeling fine now!
Corona Virus on 19:08 - Apr 2 with 1879 viewsexiledclaseboy

Working from home update. I’m starting to enjoy it now. Two and a half weeks and counting.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:14 - Apr 2 with 1857 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 19:08 - Apr 2 by exiledclaseboy

Working from home update. I’m starting to enjoy it now. Two and a half weeks and counting.

I'm still in work, but it feels like that bit in between Christmas Day and New Years Day, if anyone was to ask me what day is it, any day this week, without really working it out, I wouldn't be able to answer. Proper weird and unsettling on times.

Corona Virus on 19:16 - Apr 2 with 1851 viewsCountyJim

Corona Virus on 19:02 - Apr 2 by londonlisa2001

Ah. I thought you’d said it more recently than 7 days ago. Time is weird at the moment.

Good news that you’re feeling fine now!

Thanks Lisa I was rough for 3 days the mad part is I've had it yet i can go to work my wife has to do 14 days she's been ok with it
Corona Virus on 19:17 - Apr 2 with 1848 viewstaffpunk

I'm listing/posting Records/CD's in the morning, then eating/relaxing/on-line browsing/drinking/shagging for the rest of the day, all good at the moment. Will soon change though I expect, a bit of a novelty at the moment. My son who runs a scaffolding firm has had to go back to work today after 10 days off, reckons he's lost 5 grand from turning work down, difficult times for many businesses.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Corona Virus on 19:22 - Apr 2 with 1836 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:14 - Apr 2 by Neath_Jack

I'm still in work, but it feels like that bit in between Christmas Day and New Years Day, if anyone was to ask me what day is it, any day this week, without really working it out, I wouldn't be able to answer. Proper weird and unsettling on times.

The days are blending into one and with the wife working from home as well we’ve had to divide the house up a bit cos we both spend a lot of time on the phone. But we’re getting into a nice routine now and haven’t killed each other yet. If I have to take one positive from this it’s that the dog is loving it and given his advancing years and increasing infirmity, he probably hasn’t got a whole lot longer left so I’ll take that small advantage of being here a bit more in these horrible times.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 19:23 - Apr 2 with 1831 viewsunion_jack

This Government Information Film telling us what we must do during this crisis has just been released.

Obey it to the letter. I will😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Corona Virus on 19:57 - Apr 2 with 1779 viewsCooperman

It definitely feels a longer week. I’m tracing this back to the lack of movement around an office block or in and out of meeting rooms.

What it has done is prove that we can work remotely. I’m definitely going after a reduction on buildings expenditure through increased flexible working. My grand plan is an office with a few hot desks and not much else. It won’t suit my manufacturing bods but the fixed labour staff can are certainly able to change their working habits.

Overall impact on efficiency is probably neutral; the benefit we lose from not having face to face is gained by the desire to get things done quickly when talking over the phone. There is far less idle chat going on.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Apr 2 with 1723 viewslifelong

I have to say it’s doing my head in, never been a house person, longing to get out in the countryside and coastal areas.
Corona Virus on 20:39 - Apr 2 with 1702 viewsjack2jack

Yep I'm on my second week as well.
Absolutely horrendous, can't get used to it at all.
The worst part of it for me is that it has blurred the lines between my work and home environment. Work is where I go to, well work, and home is where I go to get away from work.
All the restrictions don't help matters, attending site meetings, with contractors etc, are a none starter. Cant wait to get back to normal, obviously it suits some, which is great, but for me, and some colleagues I've spoken to it's a big thumbs down.👎
Corona Virus on 20:45 - Apr 2 with 1689 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Among all the layoffs and furloughs, I'm grateful to still have a job.

Ordinarily I dislike working from home, but I'm coming around to it now (week 2). It's a beautiful Spring day and I'm sitting on a couch on the patio doing Skype conference calls and shooting off a few emails as the birds sing and a light breeze washes over me. Could be worse.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Corona Virus on 21:29 - Apr 2 with 1623 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 20:45 - Apr 2 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Among all the layoffs and furloughs, I'm grateful to still have a job.

Ordinarily I dislike working from home, but I'm coming around to it now (week 2). It's a beautiful Spring day and I'm sitting on a couch on the patio doing Skype conference calls and shooting off a few emails as the birds sing and a light breeze washes over me. Could be worse.

What at 8.45pm?
Corona Virus on 21:31 - Apr 2 with 1606 viewsFlashberryjack

Corona Virus on 21:29 - Apr 2 by Garyjack

What at 8.45pm?

Night shift mun

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Corona Virus on 21:45 - Apr 2 with 1565 viewsJack123

Fcking hell, just seen france latest figures of 1,355 new deaths, from 509 yesterday, :(

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 21:49 - Apr 2 with 1549 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Corona Virus on 21:29 - Apr 2 by Garyjack

What at 8.45pm?

I did wonder if someone would pick up on that!

I'm across the pond in the US of A.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Apr 2 with 1514 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 21:45 - Apr 2 by Jack123

Fcking hell, just seen france latest figures of 1,355 new deaths, from 509 yesterday, :(

Includes an adjustment of 800 from care homes since the start of the outbreak, sad stuff.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 22:16 - Apr 2 with 1480 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Apr 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

Includes an adjustment of 800 from care homes since the start of the outbreak, sad stuff.

Thank you for that, I did not know of the adjustment.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 22:33 - Apr 2 with 1441 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 11:09 - Apr 2 by CountyJim

Couple days before I was having a beer i turned to the Mrs i said I'm not enjoying my pint it doesn't taste right and wasn't tasting food

Then i was in work started coughing and feeling hot i slept 16-17hrs 3 days running but after that I was fine

I'm back in work now the strange thing is the mrs got to do 14 days i only had to do 7

Great to hear you are well and on the road to recovery.

Thank you for sharing your symptoms and experience with us.
Corona Virus on 01:02 - Apr 3 with 1359 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 18:10 - Apr 2 by CountyJim

I hope they can do something with the ppe I'm wearing it most of shift now and I'm dripping wet and its only April so when it gets warmer you will have a lot of staff kelling over

They stopped salt tables years ago in steelworks perhaps they should bring them back

Glad too see you are doing well and recovered, just wondering has anyone told you are immune now? Once you got back to work?

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 08:11 - Apr 3 with 1262 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 17:33 - Apr 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, it has to be more than the less than zero that you 2 contribute.

No it's not. It's deluded nonsense from someone who has convinced themselves they understand something that they obviously don't.

I have a basic knowledge of human biology from my a level days so I'm leaving it to the experts.
Corona Virus on 08:20 - Apr 3 with 1246 viewstaffpunk

Corona Virus on 20:32 - Apr 2 by lifelong

I have to say it’s doing my head in, never been a house person, longing to get out in the countryside and coastal areas.

At times like this I'm fortunate to be living in the Rhondda. We're walking up the mountains most days for our daily exercise. Forgot about the breathtaking views in the area, it's a nice hour or so out of the house.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Corona Virus on 11:19 - Apr 3 with 1134 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 08:20 - Apr 3 by taffpunk

At times like this I'm fortunate to be living in the Rhondda. We're walking up the mountains most days for our daily exercise. Forgot about the breathtaking views in the area, it's a nice hour or so out of the house.

I'm jealous. I'm more an outdoors person too, worked outdoors most of my life and since my medical retirement walking the dog (often, in all weathers) getting out of the house, it has been one of the few things I had left I could enjoy. Now I've been told I'm high risk and have to stay in for 12 weeks, even isolate myself from my wife and son, I got that letter yesterday and it's already doing my head in.
Oh for an isolated house and for the wife to have a job where she could work from home.

I'll have to take solace in that none of us (yet anyway) has shown any symptoms, our temperatures are all normal.

Our neighbours have been great too, they've said they'll get shopping for us, online is fuly booked everywhere.
If this doesn't make people appreciate how lucky they are, nothing ever will.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Apr 3 with 1890 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 08:11 - Apr 3 by Scotia

No it's not. It's deluded nonsense from someone who has convinced themselves they understand something that they obviously don't.

I have a basic knowledge of human biology from my a level days so I'm leaving it to the experts.

What do you mean like these?
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/2/hydroxychloroquine-rated-most-ef
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024