Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437145 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 21:34 - Apr 3 with 1360 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 21:29 - Apr 3 by Flashberryjack

I know a lot of my family had all the symptoms associated with Coronavirus in January, a few were in bed for up to 10 days, and it took 3 to 4 weeks for them to make a complete recovery.

Probably not the same virus, but it was a nasty little f*cker nevertheless.

Read somewhere that this years flu variant had many similar symptoms which has convinced many people that they've already had CV.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 21:34 - Apr 3 with 1357 viewsSwanjaxs

I know a lot of my family had all the symptoms associated with Coronavirus in January, a few were in bed for up to 10 days, and it took 3 to 4 weeks for them to make a complete recovery.

My wife is convinced she had coronavirus in January as she was so ill and she's NHS lol

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 21:36 - Apr 3 with 1350 viewsJack123

Sure i read somewhere, the symptoms people were experiencing back Christmas time, early January was called Australian flu.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 22:05 - Apr 3 with 1288 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 19:00 - Apr 3 by jojaca

Main media are overhyping it, the numbers are questionable. Are they dying with the virus or of the virus. I will stay skeptical at the moment because I still don't know anyone effected by it through work, friends or family.

I totally agree. The reason the numbers are questionable is because Coronavirus is a notifiable disease, which seasonal flu isn’t.

The Office for National Statistics is now trying to ascertain the correct numbers of deaths by the virus as opposed to just having the virus at the time of death.

If you believe Professor Neil Ferguson is correct as many as 2/3 of those who have died, died not as a result of Coronavirus.

Also I have to agree the media are definitely overhyping things. Surprise, surprise.
Corona Virus on 22:12 - Apr 3 with 1281 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 19:00 - Apr 3 by jojaca

Main media are overhyping it, the numbers are questionable. Are they dying with the virus or of the virus. I will stay skeptical at the moment because I still don't know anyone effected by it through work, friends or family.

The numbers are questionable, but only in terms of there being many, many more cases we don't know about because we're not widely testing.

It sounds like you're bordering on denial, which will only give idiots an excuse to agree and claim it's all nothing, or a hoax, or whatever daft conspiracies have already been touted.
Corona Virus on 22:13 - Apr 3 with 1276 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 21:19 - Apr 3 by ladyjack

We don't know if people over here had it in January or not, there was something bad going round at that time that's for sure.

The crisis has been handled badly over here, we had a few weeks start on other countries and should have been quicker to learn off them.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 21:24]

We do.

The lack of healthy people dying and the need for lots of new ventilators is the key. People may have been ill but not with covid 19. That's the difference between us and Italy and Spain. We've handled fantastically compared to them, at least I hope we have.
Corona Virus on 22:14 - Apr 3 with 1265 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 22:12 - Apr 3 by LeonWasGod

The numbers are questionable, but only in terms of there being many, many more cases we don't know about because we're not widely testing.

It sounds like you're bordering on denial, which will only give idiots an excuse to agree and claim it's all nothing, or a hoax, or whatever daft conspiracies have already been touted.

Many more cases ? As in deaths ? Or people who have already had the virus ?
Corona Virus on 22:19 - Apr 3 with 1253 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 22:13 - Apr 3 by Scotia

We do.

The lack of healthy people dying and the need for lots of new ventilators is the key. People may have been ill but not with covid 19. That's the difference between us and Italy and Spain. We've handled fantastically compared to them, at least I hope we have.

You don’t know that. It’s possible the first cases arrived in the U.K. in December.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 22:28 - Apr 3 with 1246 viewsScotia

Corona Virus on 22:19 - Apr 3 by Thebus

You don’t know that. It’s possible the first cases arrived in the U.K. in December.

Possible that one or two were in the country and managed not to spread it, but no more than that. And that is unlikely.

One infected person infects almost 3 others we'd have been in the same situation as Spain and Italy otherwise. I don't know that iis the case it's obvious.

Why do you think it has exploded now?
Corona Virus on 22:50 - Apr 3 with 1210 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 22:28 - Apr 3 by Scotia

Possible that one or two were in the country and managed not to spread it, but no more than that. And that is unlikely.

One infected person infects almost 3 others we'd have been in the same situation as Spain and Italy otherwise. I don't know that iis the case it's obvious.

Why do you think it has exploded now?

How do you know it was only one or two and they didn’t manage to spread it.
That is absolutely nonsense. No doubt the Coronavirus left China before the Chinese even reported their first case. The city in China where the outbreak started has a population of over 11 million and common sense states people with the virus ( could be asymptomatic) were traveling all over the globe and passing on the virus.
Corona Virus on 22:54 - Apr 3 with 1209 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 22:19 - Apr 3 by Thebus

Mostly people who've caught it. But we're also only recording deaths for people who've been admitted to hospital and have had a positive test, so there will be some additional deaths not counted too (smaller number than those who've caught it, obviously, but I've no idea how many non-hospital/non-recorded deaths there have been).

It's shut the country down, so it's hardly been overplayed b the media.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 22:56]
Corona Virus on 23:12 - Apr 3 with 1187 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 21:36 - Apr 3 by Jack123

Sure i read somewhere, the symptoms people were experiencing back Christmas time, early January was called Australian flu.

H3N2. Guarantee everyone who thinks they had the corona in January had that instead (unless they'd been to Wuhan). Was the dominant influenza strain going about this year, almost the same symptoms, hits harder than a "normal" flu.
Corona Virus on 23:51 - Apr 3 with 1160 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 23:53 - Apr 3 with 1155 viewsairedale

Yeah you’re prob spot on that one, one two, some folk I know of were crook in November with Bali influenza and that’s not a million miles from Oz.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 0:10]
Corona Virus on 00:05 - Apr 4 with 1142 viewstheloneranger

Corona Virus on 21:34 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Read somewhere that this years flu variant had many similar symptoms which has convinced many people that they've already had CV.

"Flu at highest levels since winter began as 'Australian flu' hits Wales"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/flu-wales-australian-flu-hospitals-175

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 00:23 - Apr 4 with 1127 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 19:22 - Apr 3 by lifelong

Some people on here are still playing down the current situation....mind boggling really.

DGT and Jojaca have always been morons.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 00:32 - Apr 4 with 1119 viewsDJack

And as for the idiots saying " I had Covid back in xyz" apart from the Aussie flu there are many adenoviruses, rhinoviruses and (probaly) run of the mil coronaviruses out there with many overlapping symptoms. Is what you say possible, maybe. Is what you say likely...FŨCK NO!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 00:43 - Apr 4 with 1108 viewsJack123

China need to be asked serious questions over this outbreak, it's like they are taking the piss!! Europe is getting near on 4k deaths a day, Italy has quadrupled or there about, what's coming out of china.. 3 or 4 deaths a day.. fcking bullshit!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 0:44]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 01:16 - Apr 4 with 1089 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 00:43 - Apr 4 by Jack123

China need to be asked serious questions over this outbreak, it's like they are taking the piss!! Europe is getting near on 4k deaths a day, Italy has quadrupled or there about, what's coming out of china.. 3 or 4 deaths a day.. fcking bullshit!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 0:44]

Whether or not China's figures are accurate it is a distraction. Are you happy with the UK governments response... that is all that matters now.

Corona Virus on 01:27 - Apr 4 with 1085 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 01:16 - Apr 4 by DJack

Whether or not China's figures are accurate it is a distraction. Are you happy with the UK governments response... that is all that matters now.

Too be honest with the response no!! Apparently it's going to be hot this weekend in southernn england, 20 degrees , lets see how the fools manage this.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 01:29 - Apr 4 with 1083 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Australian Flu?

I’ve had that. Your balls go all hard and rough as though they’ve been sandpapered.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 01:32 - Apr 4 with 1081 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 01:27 - Apr 4 by Jack123

Too be honest with the response no!! Apparently it's going to be hot this weekend in southernn england, 20 degrees , lets see how the fools manage this.

If you were giving them advice, what would you suggest? (Honest question - happy to receive answers from everyone else as well as Jack123.)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus (n/t) on 01:48 - Apr 4 with 1068 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 01:32 - Apr 4 by Glyn1

If you were giving them advice, what would you suggest? (Honest question - happy to receive answers from everyone else as well as Jack123.)

[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 1:54]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 07:09 - Apr 4 with 999 viewsladyjack

Corona Virus on 22:13 - Apr 3 by Scotia

We do.

Wuhan is bigger than London, I personally know a young man locally that was on a ventilator in intensive care with pneumonia when a group of his colleagues were fairly ill with flu like symptoms, it may well have been a flu that was going round but you don't know if it was Coronavirus or not, covid19 started in 2019 in a huge city and our doctors would not know what it was at that time.
Corona Virus on 07:11 - Apr 4 with 1658 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 07:09 - Apr 4 by ladyjack

Wuhan is bigger than London, I personally know a young man locally that was on a ventilator in intensive care with pneumonia when a group of his colleagues were fairly ill with flu like symptoms, it may well have been a flu that was going round but you don't know if it was Coronavirus or not, covid19 started in 2019 in a huge city and our doctors would not know what it was at that time.

I have to agree with you on that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024